Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roxane Gay in a Twitter fight with Yashar Ali!

Well.. sort of. Ali said something and Gay whinged about it. Then a whole lot of other people got involved to tell Roxane to stop "tone policing" haha. Gay is so obnoxious in this thread (and has already deleted some of her worst replies). Ali hasn't responded.

Basically, Ali was sad that Riley Keogh is still a Scientologist. This is NOT ok with Gay, who doesn't think this is an appropriate thing to say when Keogh is acting in a show written and directed by black people. When people don't fawn all over her, she gets prickly fast. Of course there is one girl, slobbering all over Gay: "one of the most important living American writers!" and it doesn't go well for her either.

Gay keeps telling people "you're missing my point!" but... uh... her point isn't very evident. I'm not sure I can work out what she means except: "don't question my right to scold other people for not thinking exactly the same way I do".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2021 7:43 AM

OP, you forgot "Dl Fave" in front of "Roxane Gay"!

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2021 11:51 AM

Whoops, apologies R1, you're right. In fact, aren't the BOTH DL faves? Hahaha. They're both insufferable at least!

It's about fucking time someone told Roxane what for to her "face", so to speak:

[quote]no. believe it or not, being a famous writer does not give you the authority in a conversation about how the audience is allowed to consume and respond to media. again – i don't disagree with roxane, but defending the "bow before a famous person, commoner!" stance is not it.

and

[quote]i'm taking her comment exactly as she wrote it, roxane. unsurprisingly you'll brush it off because it is implied deference toward you, and i'm sure your response would be different if a fan of someone else said the exact same thing to you.

Roxane is so fucking arrogant, she claims having a difference of opinion with her is like: "bringing a knife to a gunfights". Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2021 11:55 AM

I hope they swallow each other whole.

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2021 11:56 AM

It's a possibility, R3!

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2021 11:56 AM

And DL fav Jeremy O Harris is there, on the side of Roxane of course.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2021 12:04 PM

Most twatters are like, "Ugh, I know", but she will not NOT be EXHAUSTED!

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2021 12:06 PM

Never heard of Jeremy O. Harris, R5 - looks like another DL fave to discover for me!

Hahaha R6, you can pry her exhaustion from her cold, dead hands!

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2021 12:08 PM

Oh, so Jeremy O. Harris is one of the screenwriters for Zola. Makes sense now why he's defending Roxane.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2021 12:10 PM

I hate MAGAs but I hate the SJW Twitter Jockeys too.

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 12:18 PM

Who gives a shit about their skin color. Jesus. She’s using race to shield herself. Dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2021 12:21 PM

This fucking movie sounds like a horrendous piece of shit. Of course it will get good reviews, otherwise.... RACISM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2021 12:23 PM

Team Roxane on this one

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2021 12:23 PM

I can see that you may be right R11 if the response to any criticism, even criticism that has nothing to do with the movie isn't allowed due to who wrote and directed it.

For the "greatest living American writer", Roxane sure argues like a 5 year old.

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2021 12:24 PM

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2021 12:26 PM

He’s on a tirade now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2021 12:26 PM

Will someone MeToo this fat ass so he’ll disappear already?

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2021 12:27 PM

They are two of the most annoying people on Twitter, but it doesn't seem like much of a "fight." I don't see where Yashar responded back to her. Can't stand the guy, but in this instance I don't blame him for not taking the bait.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2021 12:27 PM

More dyke drama.

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2021 12:30 PM

[quote]They are two of the most annoying people on Twitter,

Amen!

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2021 12:34 PM

All religions are cults. Is Yashar Ali a member of one, too? What gives him the right to criticize someone's religion? Fuck him and his ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2021 1:24 PM

Dear Roxane, your obsession with race is racist. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2021 1:42 PM

Are these people EVER happy?

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2021 1:47 PM

I fucking love this bitch. She puts exhausting people in their place with such alacrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2021 1:48 PM

R20, most religions don’t go destroying your life if you dare leave, nor do they put you into slave labor or let rats eat you instead of letting you get medical attention. Scientology is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2021 2:02 PM

R22 - no. Would you be if you were them?

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2021 2:12 PM

R24... or bill you for thousands into the HUNDREDS of thousands to quote "learn about it, and practice it"....

UTTER PYRAMID scam is scientology, along with being a insidious evil abusive organization with mumbo jumbo self help nonsense all made up by a mentally ill pulp fiction writer!...

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote]All religions are cults. Is Yashar Ali a member of one, too? What gives him the right to criticize someone's religion? Fuck him and his ugly ass.

While all religions are cults, Scientology is just a cult. It is not a religion.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2021 2:20 PM

name any religion that prohibits it's OWN members from moving up in it if they don't have enough money? and we are talking HUGE bucks!... never mind, "moving up"? in a religion?....

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2021 2:22 PM

Roxane gay

Needs to stop going to the buffet

She’s going to explode in may

If she doesn’t stop eating all day

Hey I’m a poet!

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2021 3:33 PM

R22, I think their state of unhappiness must give them a real adrenaline hit, gets them all worked up and the endorphins running. It's such a horrible, negative space to be in. Kind of like an eternal teenager-hood.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2021 10:30 PM

She must be happy today with the latest news...

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2021 3:57 AM

R31, I’m team Roxane (in this case) how about you?

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2021 4:13 AM

She carries such impressive avoirdupois.

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2021 6:52 AM

Maybe if her brother had joined the church, he'd still be alive?

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2021 7:15 AM

Yeah, R32, if one must pick a side, I'd be on Roxane's.

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote] I’m team Roxane (in this case) how about you?

Her team is called the Orcas!

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2021 7:40 AM

They should take their disagreement to the ring: Celebrity Deathmatch!

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2021 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!