Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roxane Gay in a Twitter fight with Yashar Ali!

Well.. sort of. Ali said something and Gay whinged about it. Then a whole lot of other people got involved to tell Roxane to stop "tone policing" haha. Gay is so obnoxious in this thread (and has already deleted some of her worst replies). Ali hasn't responded.

Basically, Ali was sad that Riley Keogh is still a Scientologist. This is NOT ok with Gay, who doesn't think this is an appropriate thing to say when Keogh is acting in a show written and directed by black people. When people don't fawn all over her, she gets prickly fast. Of course there is one girl, slobbering all over Gay: "one of the most important living American writers!" and it doesn't go well for her either.

Gay keeps telling people "you're missing my point!" but... uh... her point isn't very evident. I'm not sure I can work out what she means except: "don't question my right to scold other people for not thinking exactly the same way I do".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3706/09/2021

OP, you forgot "Dl Fave" in front of "Roxane Gay"!

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2021

Whoops, apologies R1, you're right. In fact, aren't the BOTH DL faves? Hahaha. They're both insufferable at least!

It's about fucking time someone told Roxane what for to her "face", so to speak:

[quote]no. believe it or not, being a famous writer does not give you the authority in a conversation about how the audience is allowed to consume and respond to media. again – i don't disagree with roxane, but defending the "bow before a famous person, commoner!" stance is not it.

and

[quote]i'm taking her comment exactly as she wrote it, roxane. unsurprisingly you'll brush it off because it is implied deference toward you, and i'm sure your response would be different if a fan of someone else said the exact same thing to you.

Roxane is so fucking arrogant, she claims having a difference of opinion with her is like: "bringing a knife to a gunfights". Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

by Anonymousreply 204/01/2021

I hope they swallow each other whole.

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2021

It's a possibility, R3!

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2021

And DL fav Jeremy O Harris is there, on the side of Roxane of course.

by Anonymousreply 504/01/2021

Most twatters are like, "Ugh, I know", but she will not NOT be EXHAUSTED!

by Anonymousreply 604/01/2021

Never heard of Jeremy O. Harris, R5 - looks like another DL fave to discover for me!

Hahaha R6, you can pry her exhaustion from her cold, dead hands!

by Anonymousreply 704/01/2021

Oh, so Jeremy O. Harris is one of the screenwriters for Zola. Makes sense now why he's defending Roxane.

by Anonymousreply 804/01/2021

I hate MAGAs but I hate the SJW Twitter Jockeys too.

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2021

Who gives a shit about their skin color. Jesus. She’s using race to shield herself. Dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2021

This fucking movie sounds like a horrendous piece of shit. Of course it will get good reviews, otherwise.... RACISM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2021

Team Roxane on this one

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2021

I can see that you may be right R11 if the response to any criticism, even criticism that has nothing to do with the movie isn't allowed due to who wrote and directed it.

For the "greatest living American writer", Roxane sure argues like a 5 year old.

by Anonymousreply 1304/01/2021

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1404/01/2021

He’s on a tirade now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2021

Will someone MeToo this fat ass so he’ll disappear already?

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2021

They are two of the most annoying people on Twitter, but it doesn't seem like much of a "fight." I don't see where Yashar responded back to her. Can't stand the guy, but in this instance I don't blame him for not taking the bait.

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2021

More dyke drama.

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2021

[quote]They are two of the most annoying people on Twitter,

Amen!

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2021

All religions are cults. Is Yashar Ali a member of one, too? What gives him the right to criticize someone's religion? Fuck him and his ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2021

Dear Roxane, your obsession with race is racist. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 2104/01/2021

Are these people EVER happy?

by Anonymousreply 2204/01/2021

I fucking love this bitch. She puts exhausting people in their place with such alacrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2304/01/2021

R20, most religions don’t go destroying your life if you dare leave, nor do they put you into slave labor or let rats eat you instead of letting you get medical attention. Scientology is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 2404/01/2021

R22 - no. Would you be if you were them?

by Anonymousreply 2504/01/2021

R24... or bill you for thousands into the HUNDREDS of thousands to quote "learn about it, and practice it"....

UTTER PYRAMID scam is scientology, along with being a insidious evil abusive organization with mumbo jumbo self help nonsense all made up by a mentally ill pulp fiction writer!...

by Anonymousreply 2604/01/2021

[quote]All religions are cults. Is Yashar Ali a member of one, too? What gives him the right to criticize someone's religion? Fuck him and his ugly ass.

While all religions are cults, Scientology is just a cult. It is not a religion.

by Anonymousreply 2704/01/2021

name any religion that prohibits it's OWN members from moving up in it if they don't have enough money? and we are talking HUGE bucks!... never mind, "moving up"? in a religion?....

by Anonymousreply 2804/01/2021

Roxane gay

Needs to stop going to the buffet

She’s going to explode in may

If she doesn’t stop eating all day

Hey I’m a poet!

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2021

R22, I think their state of unhappiness must give them a real adrenaline hit, gets them all worked up and the endorphins running. It's such a horrible, negative space to be in. Kind of like an eternal teenager-hood.

by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2021

She must be happy today with the latest news...

by Anonymousreply 3106/09/2021

R31, I’m team Roxane (in this case) how about you?

by Anonymousreply 3206/09/2021

She carries such impressive avoirdupois.

by Anonymousreply 3306/09/2021

Maybe if her brother had joined the church, he'd still be alive?

by Anonymousreply 3406/09/2021

Yeah, R32, if one must pick a side, I'd be on Roxane's.

by Anonymousreply 3506/09/2021

[quote] I’m team Roxane (in this case) how about you?

Her team is called the Orcas!

by Anonymousreply 3606/09/2021

They should take their disagreement to the ring: Celebrity Deathmatch!

by Anonymousreply 3706/09/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!