Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another mass shooting, this time in Orange County

Just another day in America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 2, 2021 8:07 PM

Jeez

by Anonymousreply 1April 1, 2021 4:05 AM

At least 4 dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 1, 2021 4:07 AM

Four people is not really a mass. It's more of a nodule.

by Anonymousreply 3April 1, 2021 4:09 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

Tots and pears.

by Anonymousreply 4April 1, 2021 4:09 AM

Now we just need a school shooting and it'll be like old times in the America before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 5April 1, 2021 4:27 AM

isn't this a more right wing part of California? If so, sadly this isn't surprising

by Anonymousreply 6April 1, 2021 4:27 AM

This is too close for comfort. The OC went blue but they are a bunch of anti-mask wearing people though.

by Anonymousreply 7April 1, 2021 4:29 AM

Please don't let the victims be Asian. There is a decent Asian population there.

by Anonymousreply 8April 1, 2021 4:32 AM

Does this mean that things are back to normal?

by Anonymousreply 9April 1, 2021 4:32 AM

Was it another white male terrorist who won't be called that on the news?

by Anonymousreply 10April 1, 2021 4:34 AM

R3 4 or more deaths counts as mass shooting

by Anonymousreply 11April 1, 2021 4:39 AM

Sadly, Covid has resulted in a lot of mentally ill people being shut away for months on end with nothing to do but amplify their illness and polish their guns. Having Trump carrying on during most of it would not have helped.

by Anonymousreply 12April 1, 2021 4:44 AM

Normal stuff. SSDD...

by Anonymousreply 13April 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Tracker McIntosh @McintoshTracker Replying to @ScottMStedman

Isn't that the same Orange County that's being flooded with flyers for an upcoming KKK get-together ?

milk was a bad choice. @otiosebellicose ·2h Replying to @McintoshTracker and @ScottMStedman

Correct.

Also this LA Times article from 10 days ago: "From the KKK to skinheads, a century of fighting hate in Orange County"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 1, 2021 4:51 AM

It's not a true mass shooting unless it's more than 4 victims in a church.

by Anonymousreply 15April 1, 2021 5:05 AM

4 or more victims (not including the gunman) is the official definition of a mass shooting R15.

by Anonymousreply 16April 1, 2021 5:09 AM

R16, I read R15's as a pun: mass + church.

by Anonymousreply 17April 1, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote] Reports of up to 6 shot

Six? My lover and I don't get out of bed for anything lower than 10

Call us when it hits 10. Maybe next week or the week after

by Anonymousreply 18April 1, 2021 5:24 AM

I just watched the story on the local news here in LA. The reporter was speaking to the camera on location and there were three police officers behind her. The cops were laughing and smiling about something. I could tell one was laughing because he was not wearing a mask and the other officers were. I’ve seen this a few times on TV when they’re talking about a really serious crime and the cops are in the background laughing and being unprofessional. It pisses me off!

by Anonymousreply 19April 1, 2021 6:24 AM

R12 Really? You're going to blame Trump for this?

by Anonymousreply 20April 1, 2021 6:27 AM

Is Orange in Orange county?

by Anonymousreply 21April 1, 2021 6:28 AM

Google is your friend, R21

"Orange is a city located in Orange County, California. It is approximately 3 miles north of the county seat, Santa Ana. Orange is unusual in this region because many of the homes in its Old Town District were built before 1920"

by Anonymousreply 22April 1, 2021 6:36 AM

Thinning the herd.

by Anonymousreply 23April 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Who cares. The great unwashed f flyover are obsessed with guns? Fine. They’re all animals anyway — let them lose their souls.

by Anonymousreply 24April 1, 2021 6:44 AM

Funny. My sister lives about a mile from the shootings. She had no idea it even happened. Under 5 body count isn't really newsworthy these days.

by Anonymousreply 25April 1, 2021 7:13 AM

Nothing will change.

by Anonymousreply 26April 1, 2021 7:46 AM

Police have not yet released a motive for the attack but a screenshot from an Orange Talk group on Facebook indicated that the shooting happened at a family therapist office and that a husband killed his wife and child as well as two other victims.

by Anonymousreply 27April 1, 2021 8:15 AM

Motive: he probably bought a lemon from Toyota of Orange.

by Anonymousreply 28April 1, 2021 8:17 AM

These murder suicides by the dad killing the mom and kid are quite common.

by Anonymousreply 29April 1, 2021 10:04 AM

Can't link to CNN but their article this morning says this is the 20th mass shooting since Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 30April 1, 2021 10:13 AM

Ugh. I figured another one was happening any minute, but I didn’t expect it to be in California.

If buckle up, because I’m guessing we, as a nation, will average about one of these per day, at minimum, for the next few months, at the very least.

Like someone upthread noted: too many mentally ill people have spent a year in lockdown, and plenty of them will purchase guns & ammo with their tax returns and stimulus checks.

Woefully sad but true.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2021 10:39 AM

R27...I guess the therapy didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2021 4:49 PM

As long as we don't address how violent men are, things will never. Change.

by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2021 4:52 PM

The US is nuts. I really wish I had the means to move to a different country that doesn’t have so much gun violence. I feel like the Wild Wild West never left and any of us can be shot at any time.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2021 10:42 PM

I heard little about this today. Most was early morning. MSBC & CNN are all about the trial per George Floyd. I don't desire to see that 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2021 10:51 PM

^MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 36April 1, 2021 10:52 PM

Exene Cervenka from X lives there- it is a tiny town.

by Anonymousreply 37April 1, 2021 10:55 PM

The media doesn't seem to spend much time on family-related rage-shootings, though this one apparently involved a couple people who weren't in the killer's family?

I think it's because we all feel vulnerable to strangers' attacks - but most of us think our own family would never be a threat.

by Anonymousreply 38April 2, 2021 12:13 AM

If the wife, child and therapist all had a gun, this wouldn't have happened.

by Anonymousreply 39April 2, 2021 12:18 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 40April 2, 2021 12:22 AM

It's only 2 more dead than a gender reveal party. Though that would make for a fun party: guess the baby's sex wrong and you get a bullet to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 41April 2, 2021 12:24 AM

This shooting has received hardly any coverage. Yep, we're back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 42April 2, 2021 12:43 AM

The suspect is Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 43April 2, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote]This shooting has received hardly any coverage.

If you're wondering why that is, R43 has the answer.

by Anonymousreply 44April 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Right. Another straight man who couldn't hack life so he decides to kill people. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 45April 2, 2021 1:01 AM

only SHicks Schot ?

by Anonymousreply 46April 2, 2021 1:05 AM

"This is not the time to talk about control...!"

by Anonymousreply 47April 2, 2021 1:38 AM

R47 "This is not the time to talk about GUN control...!"

by Anonymousreply 48April 2, 2021 1:39 AM

r27, I'm not far from Orange in SoCal so I have taken an interest. I've seen nothing that says this was his wife and son or any therapist offices.

This article goes into details, naming his wife, Aleyda Mendoza as working at Unified Homes, the real estate office that was the scene of the crime. Says he has 2 young boys and a 19 year old daughter daughter. If he did kill some of his family why are they taking so long to say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 2, 2021 1:54 AM

I wonder which we could talk about first, the fact that America's straight men feel totally entitled to kill when they're "having a bad day" or the fact that guns are so easily accessible that America's straight men can kill as many as they want, when they're "having a bad day"?

by Anonymousreply 50April 2, 2021 1:55 AM

R28 I WOULDN'T A BOUGHT A LEMON????!?!?!?!?!!!!????

by Anonymousreply 51April 2, 2021 1:55 AM

R50: Then heterosexuality is the problem, not guns.

by Anonymousreply 52April 2, 2021 1:56 AM

R52, men are the problem. People need to address that fact.

by Anonymousreply 53April 2, 2021 5:27 AM

R53, fuck off, you misandrist cunt! If men are the problem, then that includes gay men, which makes you a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2021 5:30 AM

Men are the problem. R54's insane reaction just proves it. Thanks for making my point R54.

by Anonymousreply 55April 2, 2021 6:09 AM

Women always respond to hate speech when challenged. Mental health slurs are but one of many types of such hate speech.

Shut up, you misandrist cunt!

by Anonymousreply 56April 2, 2021 6:15 AM

Women are abusive, women are bigoted, women are hateful, women commit crimes, women commit random acts of violence. Stop pretending this is an exclusively male problem or you're a bigoted misandrist cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 2, 2021 6:18 AM

White women kept the vote away from Black women for 60 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58April 2, 2021 6:20 AM

Oh, goody, the MRA troll is back. It really is the most tiring troll. Maybe the fumes in its basement are a bit too much for its tiny brain. Poor little MRA troll. You just know it wears mommy's giant panties and weeps while hugging a teddy bear doused in White Shoulders to remind him of the mommy who never loved him.

by Anonymousreply 59April 2, 2021 8:26 AM

And now you’re projecting like a typical misandrist cunt when called out on her lies and bigotry. You are projecting your daddy issues onto me and extrapolating them onto my mother who is nothing like the straw woman you set up just to tear down. Shove that dimestore Freudianism up your cunt. Your father never loved you because you are an abusive selfish cunt, so you take it out on all men everywhere like the typical misandrist cunt you are.

Homophobia is misandry. Shut up, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 60April 2, 2021 8:30 AM

It sounds like a screaming catfight on TCM in here!

by Anonymousreply 61April 2, 2021 8:42 AM

Only one fool screaming here, R61. The MRA troll is actually insane. He's been here a while and seems to be coming more unhinged by the minute. Just watch this thread and you'll see the toll being unloved takes on a fragile mind.

by Anonymousreply 62April 2, 2021 8:49 AM

Project much, you misandrist cunt? Go ahead, keep on pretending your mental health slurs aren’t hate speech and that hate speech isn’t incitement to the retaliatory violence you so richly deserve, you misandrist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 63April 2, 2021 8:53 AM

You’re the one with the fragile mind and the fragile everything else, you misandrist fucking cunt. Men are not the problem. Men are the solution. Do you know how many black and Jewish men have been lynched because of you lying racist misandrist cunts? Women have enabled genocide so spare me your attempts to absolve yourselves from your sins, your vile racist bitch! Just for this, anybody who is not a men’s rights activist is an anti-male bigot, and anti-male bigotry is anti-gay bigotry and therefore incitement to violence.

Shut the fuck up, you misandrist breeder cunt, before you are on the receiving end of the retaliatory violence you deserve for your bigotry and hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 64April 2, 2021 8:59 AM

Male violence is a myth misandrist breeder cunts invented to absolve themselves from their own crimes.

Women kill. Women rape. Women stalk. Women use hate speech. Women have caused genocide. Men have been on the receiving end of this female violence every single time and nothing is done about it unless we men retaliate with greater force.

Gay men are men so gay men need to side with men or we are self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 65April 2, 2021 9:02 AM

Homophobic women are why so-called “male violence” is the only thing that will bring about social justice.

by Anonymousreply 66April 2, 2021 9:03 AM

Breeder bitches are self-hating misogynists for pussyblocking lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 67April 2, 2021 9:03 AM

Women don’t need men for anything… except to fucking exist since all human beings start off as sperm.

by Anonymousreply 68April 2, 2021 9:04 AM

See? Told you he was insane. It didn't even take as long as I thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 69April 2, 2021 9:05 AM

And you’re projecting your own mental health problems like a typical misandrist breeder cunt. Your hate speech makes you Hitler with tits. You are a bigot so you deserve retaliatory violence. You enable hate crimes against gay men with your misandry. If somebody did that to you, it would be payback for all the hate crimes you incite with your hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 70April 2, 2021 9:17 AM

“M-nt-l -lln-ss” is a Stalinist myth used to lock up dissidents.

by Anonymousreply 71April 2, 2021 9:17 AM

People have been locked up alone with their thoughts for over a year now. They've lost it. I hope we learned a lesson from this past year about trying to control the masses.

by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2021 3:23 PM

Dumbass at R72, the people doing these shootings are not people who were responsibly staying home and distancing for the last year. They are violent male terrorists with easy access to guns. Same as it ever was. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 73April 2, 2021 3:36 PM

“Women always respond to hate speech when challenged. Mental health slurs are but one of many types of such hate speech.

Shut up, you misandrist cunt!”

This troll just proves that most men should be institutionalized.

by Anonymousreply 74April 2, 2021 3:51 PM

The rumors posted in this thread were just rumors. R49's link has the real details: the gunman knew the victims but they haven't released how he knew them as of yet. It's not his wife because she's still alive, and apparently so are all his kids. They don't have a motive yet.

by Anonymousreply 75April 2, 2021 3:57 PM

Good lord!

Still, it's fun to picture MRAs posts as acted out by an aging TCM starlet, stamping her feet and shouting in that old-timey american accent.

by Anonymousreply 76April 2, 2021 8:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!