Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Majority of republican voters support gay marriage for the first time according to new research

Hopefully the beginning of the end of so many republican politicians and the party in general opposing gay marriage and being so antagonistic towards gay voters. The electoral advantages in doing so are clearly waning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 4:13 PM

Too little, too late.

by Anonymousreply 1March 31, 2021 5:30 PM

Congrats. You've really come around.... to supporting something that became federal law in 2015! Please stand in line for your shiny MEDALS.

Fuck these people.

by Anonymousreply 2March 31, 2021 5:32 PM

R2, the Republicans demand a participation trophy.

And it's still only 51% of them. And of those 51%, how many of them are lying? You know, Republicans always lie. Two-faced snakes.

by Anonymousreply 3March 31, 2021 5:38 PM

r2, Maybe it's helpful for the kids of republican parents.

by Anonymousreply 4March 31, 2021 5:38 PM

I agree, like finally accepting that water is wet, but a lot of these people still cant wrap their pinheads around the fact that obama was born in the US and that corona virus is real

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2021 5:39 PM

r4 Good point

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2021 5:40 PM

Uh-oh. Is DeFecto on suicide watch yet?

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2021 5:41 PM

The stars of the alt-Right are gay. That’s why.

by Anonymousreply 8March 31, 2021 5:42 PM

But Milo isn’t. Not anymore. (lol.)

by Anonymousreply 9March 31, 2021 5:43 PM

No, they don’t. They only care for gay votes and couldn’t care less about gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 10March 31, 2021 5:44 PM

Trannies are threatening this growing acceptance. We must insist that the T is dropped and it is LGB and T as two separate issues.

by Anonymousreply 11March 31, 2021 5:46 PM

I see Matthew “Banned from Twitter” Anscher has joined us.

by Anonymousreply 12March 31, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote] Uh-oh. Is DeFecto on suicide watch yet?

Almost. This poll doesn’t trouble me because I know people are willing to passively support what doesn’t affect them. I’m certain most of these people could be persuaded should the right candidate come around to galvanize them, like Trump did with the immigration issue.

I’m more concerned with the leadership of the Republican Party, who seem to have become convinced that they can implement wokeness more effectively than the Democrats. I’m very displeased about the direction of the party.

by Anonymousreply 13March 31, 2021 5:55 PM

Same-sex marriage doesn’t directly affect the vast majority of people - so why are you so keen to have it banned again?

by Anonymousreply 14March 31, 2021 5:59 PM

r12 Who?

by Anonymousreply 15March 31, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote]Majority of republican voters support gay marriage for the first time according to new research

So then why do they keep voting for anti-gay politicians?🧐

by Anonymousreply 16March 31, 2021 7:14 PM

I think we should cut off the religious right, cut off the woke left and have a Centrist Party.

by Anonymousreply 17March 31, 2021 8:02 PM

Good aspiration r17

by Anonymousreply 18April 2, 2021 4:25 PM

Thanks Obama. If only they had let Obamacare alone too, they would've seen the benefits to THEM it would've given, especially during the whole pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 19April 2, 2021 4:47 PM

R19 And even on DL you’ll have idiots who will talk about how “anti-gay” Black people are, yet conveniently forget that it was a Black president that made gay marriage happen and conveniently forget it’s Republicans (who are mostly white) that fought against it so much.

by Anonymousreply 20April 2, 2021 5:24 PM

I wonder if the republican party will ever get to the stage were it stops courting and chasing the shrinking evangelical / christian fundamentalist vote?

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2021 3:46 AM

. bump

by Anonymousreply 22April 12, 2021 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!