Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Josh Hartnett looks gorgeous in first major movie role in years

Guy Ritchie’s Wrath of Man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 28, 2021 7:45 PM

He reminds me of Ryan Reynolds-- smug looking asshole whose movies I've never seen.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2021 9:41 PM

Josh was always the hot, dirty guy in that Hollywood peer group.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2021 9:52 PM

Show that big cock Josh!

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2021 10:05 PM

Does he still have that ugly black mole on his neck?

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2021 10:40 PM

He's so hot. He's like a walking Greek statue. He can't act to save his life though. I guess he got tired of sucking old Hollywood dick and laid low with his wifey in England until Penny Dreadful made him somewhat known again.

by Anonymousreply 5April 5, 2021 3:19 AM

Gorgeous? Seriously? He looks basically the same as he did -- tired, bored, uninterested -- but not 'gorgeous'.

by Anonymousreply 6April 5, 2021 3:21 AM

The DL Mole Patrol is decidedly not a fan of his.

by Anonymousreply 7April 5, 2021 3:22 AM

His mole isn't that distracting to me. He definitely is one of those stars I think that slept for roles. He came out of bumblefuck Minnesota and landed major roles in Hollywood in such a short amount of time. He didn't even spend years doing minor roles or modeling or something. He had to have sucked some major dick.

[quote] After Hartnett graduated from Minneapolis South High School in 1996, his move to New York to attend the Conservatory of Theatre Arts & Film at SUNY Purchase did not go as well as he had hoped, and a year later, at 19, he found himself in California.[6] Shortly after arriving in Los Angeles, he caught an improbable break, landing a part in the short-lived but acclaimed drama Cracker, on ABC. Although the series was cancelled after sixteen episodes, Hartnett had made a name for himself. He then began to focus on feature film work. He performed in small plays and on national television commercials before being cast in his first feature film, playing the son of Jamie Lee Curtis' character in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later. Released on August 5, 1998, it performed well at the box office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 5, 2021 3:32 AM

I want the name of the grey-haired daddy with the large white goatee that shows up toward the end is.

by Anonymousreply 9April 5, 2021 3:36 AM

[quote]His mole isn't that distracting to me. He definitely is one of those stars I think that slept for roles. He came out of bumblefuck Minnesota and landed major roles in Hollywood in such a short amount of time. He didn't even spend years doing minor roles or modeling or something.

He reminds me a lot of Garrett Hedlund, another wooden pretty boy out of MN who modeled then somehow made the jump right into major films. And both dated or lived with Kiki Dunst, at different times.

by Anonymousreply 10April 5, 2021 3:41 AM

^^ Should add, both Hedlund and Hartnett have struggled with booze and substances, to varying degrees of success.

by Anonymousreply 11April 5, 2021 3:43 AM

And Dunst ended up with Fatt Damon, Jesse Plemons.

by Anonymousreply 12April 5, 2021 3:46 AM

Gorgeous? He looks like he's lived a life, which he has. I wouldn't quite say weathered but... the bloom is off the rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 5, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote] the bloom is off the rose.

Is he Mexican like Orlando Bloom?

by Anonymousreply 14April 5, 2021 4:21 AM

Josh Hartnett can do no wrong. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 15April 5, 2021 4:26 AM

He looks part Plains Native American. Like Ojibwe or something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 5, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote]Shortly after arriving in Los Angeles, he caught an improbable break, landing a part in the short-lived but acclaimed drama Cracker, on ABC. Although the series was cancelled after sixteen episodes, Hartnett had made a name for himself.

He certainly had. I was clicking from station to station one night when this young god appeared, tied to a bed on the above-referenced Cracker. I stopped clicking and kept watching. Unfortunately, it was a one-episode deal, and the show soon disappeared.

Crazy good armpit shots. Mmmm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 5, 2021 1:50 PM

His looks and willingness to show his hot body is what made him a name. I reckon he got tired of being a passive sex object and wanted to be taken seriously as an actor. Which was never going to happen with his limited acting.

by Anonymousreply 18April 5, 2021 2:53 PM

I find him incredibly sexy and his acting has improved. He's always been a friend to and advocate for gay people. so in my book that goes a long way in liking him.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2021 2:58 PM

Holy moley this looks terrible!

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2021 3:10 PM

I've always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 21April 5, 2021 3:31 PM

R8 I think someone posted in one of the gossip threads that he was "kept by a fashion designer." Or maybe that was James Marsden?

by Anonymousreply 22April 5, 2021 3:32 PM

That’s an old rumor about James Marsden

by Anonymousreply 23April 5, 2021 3:38 PM

I've never found Hartnett attractive, and still don't. More for you, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 24April 5, 2021 3:55 PM

He played a guy with Aspergers in Mozart and The Whale. He did it pretty well probably because his regular speaking voice is monotone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 5, 2021 4:06 PM

Look at R8's photo. His round goofball head is HUGE in proportion to his beady eyes. Not even remotely 'gorgeous'.

by Anonymousreply 26April 5, 2021 4:19 PM

When I first saw Hartnett in a movie I thought he was Eurasian or some kind of white-Native American mix. His physical features like his wide face, epicanthic eye folds, cheekbones and smooth olive skin. His very thick and dark hair texture that sticks out rather than lays flat.

He had to be a milkman baby. Maybe he has some Sami ancestry from the Norwegian and Swedish side of his family?

by Anonymousreply 27April 5, 2021 4:35 PM

He should play Tommy Lee Jones’ son.

by Anonymousreply 28April 5, 2021 5:38 PM

REMOVE THE DISGUSTING NECK MOLE

by Anonymousreply 29April 5, 2021 5:42 PM

How do you feel about freckles?

by Anonymousreply 30April 5, 2021 5:43 PM

I remember him in The Virgin Suicides where he was perfect for the role of the blank, beautiful jock that deflowers Luxe and literally leaves on her football field. But he's too old for the empty pretty boy role now & his acting ability (or lack thereof) may not carry him much farther. His low key vibe was well matched with Eva Green, but with anyone else...not so sure

by Anonymousreply 31April 5, 2021 6:53 PM

Why would a girl have her own football field?

by Anonymousreply 32April 5, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] But he's too old for the empty pretty boy role now & his acting ability (or lack thereof) may not carry him much farther. His low key vibe was well matched with Eva Green, but with anyone else...not so sure

He needs more Matrix/John Wick type of roles where being passive/stoic works for the characterization. He has a rather flat affect and is wooden just like Keanu Reeves. Hartnett has a lot of dramatic roles in his filmography which shows his weakness as an actor.

Still, I imagine if he didn't get those Hollywood roles early on. He would have moved back to Minnesota and became successful in some type of white collar field or business. He seems very smart and empathetic in interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2021 12:26 AM

He'll work til he drops. Stoic is always popular in male casting.

by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2021 12:27 AM

...was he raped by jackels?

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2021 12:29 AM

R35 = Maria Avedici Santoya

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2021 12:31 AM

If it's a Jason Statham film, this is not impressive. Jason makes stank movies.

by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2021 12:33 AM

I never much cared for him as an actor, but then I've seen him in only a few things.

But today I watched the first episode of HBO's Exterminate All the Brutes, in which he appeared in a few of the "recreation" moments, and I was surprised that he was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2021 12:34 AM

He was good in [italic]August[/italic], a small indie film about a selfish guy caught up in the dot.com biz and how he shits on everyone close to him. Then the bubble bursts and he gets humbled. I liked it. Not an exciting film, but he gave a decent performance.

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2021 12:38 AM

R37 i want Jason inside me.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2021 12:43 AM

He wasn't bad playing a sociopathic teenager in O. Which was a modern-day update of Othello. Also starring fellow 90s teen stars Mekhi Phifer, Rain Phoenix, Julia Stiles and Andrew Keegan. Josh's career at least outlived theirs.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2021 2:52 AM

Julia Stiles still plays leads and she never had any time in the wilderness like Hartnett.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2021 4:10 AM

Josh wearing a cock sock in Exterminate All The Brutes on HBO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2021 12:29 PM

I know a hottie who looks almost exactly like him. He's 1/4 Native American.

by Anonymousreply 44April 10, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote] He's 1/4 Native American.

First Nations!

by Anonymousreply 45April 10, 2021 2:32 PM

He doesn't have any social media either which is refreshing. Even though nobody is really checking for him anymore. It helps his mystique.

He explains in this interview that he likes disappearing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 11, 2021 12:08 AM

r45 Indigenous!

by Anonymousreply 47April 11, 2021 5:31 AM

R47 Native, Indigenous and Aboriginal means the same thing and just like the term Indian/Indio. It was placed on the original ethnic groups of Americas by Europeans. Tribes prefer to be referred to by their tribal names or just the term Native or Indian actually. Most don't care if they're called Native American or Indian because they have bigger issues to deal with like the US government and racism from white Americans who live nearby their reservations.

by Anonymousreply 48April 11, 2021 10:28 AM

I find him very handsome, but he's one of those men who needs a good haircut. His hair is very fine in texture and if it's not cut properly it looks stringy and contributes to a sort of trashy look. I agree that he looks like he probably has some Native American in his genetic makeup.

His voice is sexy as hell!

by Anonymousreply 49April 11, 2021 10:41 AM

[quote]a sort of trashy look

One of his best features, actually.

by Anonymousreply 50April 11, 2021 10:43 AM

r48 In Canada they currently insist on Indigenous.

by Anonymousreply 51April 11, 2021 10:45 AM

r49 He could use some dry shampoo.

by Anonymousreply 52April 11, 2021 10:45 AM

His hair in the late 90s and early 2000s was weird. He got better by the time of Pearl Harbor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 11, 2021 10:47 AM

He looked good in The Black Dahlia. He has that 1940s Hollywood matinee idol look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 11, 2021 10:50 AM

R51 Thats fair. But we have to differentiate between Indigenous people throughout the world too. Calling them just "Indigenous" without any other description would cause a lot of confusion. The best bet would just ask what tribe they belong to and call them that anyway because Indigenous people aren't a monolith either.

I mean I think this works:

Canada = First Nations

The US = Native American or American Indian

Hawaii = Native Hawaiians

Alaska = Inuit/Eskimo

Mexico = Indigena/Originario

Australia = Aborigines and Torres Straight Islanders

by Anonymousreply 55April 11, 2021 11:12 AM

Bruce Weber got to capture Josh in his beauty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 12, 2021 12:08 AM

Josh with his I Come With The Rain costar Lee Byung Hun. Also hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 12, 2021 12:09 AM

I think that Josh is aging quite well.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2021 12:57 AM

Impressively too considering his alleged drug addiction.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2021 12:58 AM

What drugs is he allegedly taking r59?

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2021 2:48 PM

Coke, like every celebrity

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2021 3:18 PM

He showed his fine ass in his first scene on Penny Dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Heroin apparently. But it's never been confirmed outright.

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2021 8:00 PM

Suffers from anxiety just like Chris Evans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2021 12:15 AM

Josh is heading for a Keanu Reeves/Matthew McConaughey career revival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 29, 2021 6:52 PM

I watched H20 a few weeks ago and his haircut in that was odd. He had a similar weird haircut in The Faculty. But goodness, he was pretty when young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2021 11:03 PM

He was always a horrible "actor". Get a fucking brain, OP. He is Jensen Ackles level bad.

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2021 11:18 PM

Lucky Number Slevin was pretty good...and he was in a towel for a portion of it...and he plays gay to assassinate someone.

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2021 12:05 AM

sorry, forgot to post the pic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2021 12:07 AM

Lucy Liu was very convincing as the horny neighbor who was slobbering over the thought of Slevin's dick R69.

I can only imagine had The Black Dahlia not have been a huge bomb what wonders it could have done for his career. Working for De Palma was supposed to be his big push for serious roles.

by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2021 12:15 AM

I loved him in Pearl Harbor. I only watch that film for him.

by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2021 12:24 AM

His career is similar to Ryan Phillippe. A teen idol sex symbol of the late 90s who got some big roles in the early 2000s but either was box office poison or chose awful roles and turned down good ones. Unlike David Boreanaz they weren't able to get on multiple long running TV shows. Josh at least had Penny Dreadful which is a cult classic.

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2021 11:48 AM

Anyone is watching Paradise Lost? I might be one of three viewers. Josh aged like a fine wine. He looks much better now then he did when he was a teen star. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2021 11:58 AM

I find white people with dark hair and dark eyes tend to age better than those with lighter hair and eyes. I thinks it's the melanin that protects against sun damage.

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2021 12:13 PM

R66, H20 and The Faculty were filmed almost back to back.

by Anonymousreply 75November 28, 2021 1:25 PM

The beauty standards seemed to have shifted. I cannot believe Adam Driver, Pete Davidson, Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet are being dubbed sex symbols by the media.

Though I see a lot of TikTok and IG models who resemble that Abercrombie twunk look that Josh Hartnett, Ryan Phillippe, Ashton Kutcher and Chris Evans had.

by Anonymousreply 76November 28, 2021 1:40 PM

Why r76 ?...Do you think thats the first time it happened ?...In the 70s we had Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss, and quite a few others that were considered the "hot" ones at the time...they billed it as a refreshing change from the pretty boys...seriously.

by Anonymousreply 77November 28, 2021 1:54 PM

R77 in that case I understand it better because at least those men like Hoffman, Pacino and De Niro had talent and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2021 1:56 PM

R76 Adam Driver, Pete Davidson, Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet are all super fug. Who gives a fuck what the "media" thinks.

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2021 2:11 PM

He used to hang at a bar called Nick and Eddie in Minneapolis's Loring Park. This was 10-12 years ago and I think he had a place in the tony Kenwood neighborhood, just up the hill from the park, that I believe he's since sold. My husband and I were eating at the bar once and he came in alone and sat near us ... he had an intense, almost physical charisma and was dressed in very expensive-looking but not flashy clothes. He spent most of the time reading on an iPad but also chatted on and off with the bartender. Seemed like a friendly, mellow guy.

by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2021 2:50 PM

I want Josh and Jack Mulhern to play brothers in a TV series or movie.

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2021 3:06 PM

He lives in Peckham, London these days.

by Anonymousreply 82November 28, 2021 3:31 PM

I love his mustache.

by Anonymousreply 83November 28, 2021 3:36 PM

He's an introvert. Has a stoic but good boy Midwestern attitude. I imagine he felt so out of place in the attention whoredom and shallow fuckery of LA. Hence his move to London.

by Anonymousreply 84November 28, 2021 5:22 PM

R84 I hate LA .. rather live in the UK. who the fuck would live in LA?

by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2021 5:26 PM

Many celebrities who do live in California seem to prefer Central or Northern California for their privacy but will rent a place in LA just for work. I think the celebs who willingly live in LA all year round are either attention whores who want the attention from passerbys or are smaller actors still trying to break into the industry and thus have little options but to live there.

by Anonymousreply 86November 28, 2021 5:32 PM

Josh Hartnett could have cashed in early and only do action films and a-list films. He chose not to (except of a few) but mostly he has chosen indie films, and lives in the UK to distance himself from LA

by Anonymousreply 87November 28, 2021 5:36 PM

He mentioned he is extremely shy and didn't want to do traditional hero roles. I'm sure was probably uncomfortable with all the attention from Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down. He also was hilariously unfitting in that dated 2000s comedy, 40 Days and 40 Nights. Notice after those movies, he shifted gears to doing more indie and artistic films like Wicker Park, Black Dahlia, Sin City and Mozart and The Whale. He likes doing roles that are morally ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 88November 28, 2021 6:13 PM

Never found him so hot. Maybe a bit in “the faculty” and “Halloween h20” but I think it was the characters. In “the virgin suicides” I found him really rather unattractive and couldn’t understand why they were getting him to play the hot jock of the school.

by Anonymousreply 89November 28, 2021 6:56 PM

I just appreciate he did so many beefcake shots in his peak of young beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 28, 2021 7:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 28, 2021 7:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 28, 2021 7:32 PM

He’s a handsome guy whose default facial expression is that of passing a kidney stones.

by Anonymousreply 93November 28, 2021 7:33 PM

I imagine that squinting eyes look which resemble that of pain comes from the influence of James Dean.

by Anonymousreply 94November 28, 2021 7:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 28, 2021 7:42 PM

One of my fav pics. Captures his simple country boyishness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 28, 2021 7:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!