Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay vacations in Northern Arizona?

Thinking of going to Scottsdale, Sedona, and the Grand Canyon. Has anyone been to any gay resorts? Partner s here but would like to be sitting poolside with other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 8:31 PM

There are zero gay resorts in any of those places. But you can probably get gay bashed in most Arizona towns, if that's your thing.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2021 2:45 PM

What about gay pools?

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2021 8:04 PM

Scottsdale has nice resorts.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2021 7:26 PM

Fess up, you're looking for straight-up rampant sex. Palm Springs is reasonably close.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2021 7:49 PM

OP I have a lot of experience with N. Arizona. First, I went to school in Prescott quite awhile ago, but then my Dad decided to retire in Prescott four years ago and I’ve been visiting him ever since.

Prescott is devoid of any centralized gay life, much less resorts, pools, attractions, etc. There are gays dotted across the N. Arizona landscape, as my Grindr and Scruff screens have shown, but nothing like Palm Springs’ resorts and attractions. My husband and I have never felt unsafe however, so there’s that.

Don’t let that sour you on visiting though. It’s beautiful territory with some great hikes, camping, and sightseeing. Sedona is better known, but so damned overcrowded, and that not including the tourists. Check out Jerome instead. Montezuma’s Castle, Oak Creek Canyon, Grand Canyon are all must-dos.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Scottsdale is not in Northern Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2021 11:54 PM

Almost a life-long resident of Northern Arizona here, and there is virtually no organized gay life here. There aren't even many guys on the dating apps. But the old days of anti-gay rednecks have kind of died off, I've never had a problem here. R5 mentioned the best places to go see.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2021 1:47 AM

Why in the fuck would you want to spend gay dollars supporting a red state that wishes you were dead? Makes absolutely no sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2021 1:51 AM

If you want to go to a Red State to hang out with gays, go to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. They have the Habana Inn....Its very cruisy. Guys leave their doors open like a bath house. Multiple bars in the hotel complex. Two pools. I have been there but not since it was sold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote]Why in the fuck would you want to spend gay dollars supporting a red state that wishes you were dead?

FYI this "red state" voted for Biden AND has two Democratic Senators. Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Tucson and Flagstaff are pretty gay friendly. Even Mesa in Mormonland recently passed a local ordinance banning anti-LGBT discrimination

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2021 2:04 AM

R5 thank you that was very helpful. So there aren’t gay resorts, but there do seem like a lot of attractions to see in nature there.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2021 2:35 PM

Scottsdale is NOT northern AZ...taught college in Prescott for 4 years, and the gays are few and far between, and there is a strong anti-gay bias. Stay away!

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2021 2:50 PM

R12 when did you teach there? I was there ‘91-‘99 at Riddle.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2021 2:10 PM

What about anyone’s favorite hotel in Scottsdale?

by Anonymousreply 14April 11, 2021 12:36 PM

Oh god no honey. They still kill fags there. You have one and only one option in the US for laying poolside with other eldergays and that is Palm Springs. Get used to it, that is who and what we are all about over the age of 50.

by Anonymousreply 15April 11, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote] FYI this "red state" voted for Biden AND has two Democratic Senators. Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Tucson and Flagstaff are pretty gay friendly. Even Mesa in Mormonland recently passed a local ordinance banning anti-LGBT discrimination

Don’t forget Bisbee...very gay friendly.

Some of the people here have clearly never been to Arizona and have no business commenting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Thank you R16. Will definitely check out Bisbee.

by Anonymousreply 17April 11, 2021 4:41 PM

Arizona is a booming gay economy now. Sedona is definitely the next Gay mecca of the Southwest.

by Anonymousreply 18April 11, 2021 4:43 PM

If you stay in the Phoenix metropolitan area you will be fine, safety and Grindr-wise. Sedona gets a bit near the limit of the gay protection zone. Anything north of that is a non-starter. Tucson is very nice and gay-friendly, as is Bisbee noted above.

You will be stared at holding hands and showing public affection in ALL of Arizona unless it's at the gay-pride parade. That's the way they roll over there. Just go to Palm Springs.

by Anonymousreply 19April 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Omg don’t DARE hold hands. I grew up in Flagstaff. The words “faggot” and “queer” are very much in use still today. Keep all affectionate behavior hidden for your own safety.

by Anonymousreply 20April 11, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]They still kill fags there.

Like who? Names, please.

by Anonymousreply 21April 11, 2021 5:21 PM

R21, I never said it was a gay killing zone. That was another poster. Outwardly displays of affection such a hand-holding and kissing will get you some serious public blowback. I lived there for 40 years. Even in Phoenix.

If you live there, go give that hand-holding a try, say in Scottsdale. You will catch some nice homophobic comments. Fact.

by Anonymousreply 22April 11, 2021 7:16 PM

[quote]I never said it was a gay killing zone

If that was you I quoted, then yes, you did.

{quote] They still kill fags there.

If that wasn't you, then why did you suggest that I did quote you?

by Anonymousreply 23April 11, 2021 8:09 PM

I thought Flagstaff was one of the blue area of the state?

by Anonymousreply 24April 11, 2021 10:34 PM

Maybe white gay mecca r18 Which seems par for the course considering the types that will end up there to vacation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2021 5:59 PM

Bisbee is not in northern Arizona, it's practically at the Mexican border. And while it's a lovely little town, and Tucson is a lovely big town, they're both at the southern edge of the state and neither is in the scenic Colorado Plateau/Red Rock country that the OP seems to be interested in.

Here's a guide to Gay Sedona, don't make it the first stop on your trip, save it for when you're sick of all those conservative northern Arizona towns and want some gay life! I don't think you'll find any, further north.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2021 7:19 PM

R26, I think you forgot the link to gay Sedona.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2021 7:29 PM

Don't forget we still have assholes with trump flags sticking out of their pick ups. It makes me sick to see them too. Bisbee has a great gay pride weekend over father's day. I've never made it to the one in flagstaff. Try to come out during a pride event. Lots of rednecks and cowboys to view but don't touch.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2021 7:42 PM

I initially read title as " Gay Aliens in Northern Arizona"

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2021 7:57 PM

Sorry, HERE is the Gay Sedona link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2021 8:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!