Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Suicide Squad (2021) Official Trailer Dropped!

Omg this looks so good!!! I am so excited for this.

They really changed around most of the cast, huh?

I like Margot Robbie, but her Harley isn’t Harley. At all.

Joel Kinnaman can get it.

Idris Elba is looking so old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 3:52 PM

Margot Robbie's Harly Quinn causes me physical pain. I hardly made it through the first POS Suicide Movie and couldn't even finish the Birds of Prey trailer. I watched this one on mute. Looks cynical and silly.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2021 5:40 PM

And there's wasn't enough Jai Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2021 5:43 PM

why can't i even watch the entire trailer without being WORN THE FUCK OUT?

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]And there's wasn't enough

Ooh deer.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2021 5:44 PM

At least Hollywood took the hint and stopped trying to make Jai Courteney happen.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2021 5:46 PM

I will be watching.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2021 6:19 PM

Looks like it could be enjoyable . . . from home. I am not gong to the theater for a while.

I like both Idris and Margot.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2021 6:54 PM

We swear we can make this property a hit eventually! We SWEAR!

This time for sure!

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2021 6:57 PM

The first one made $746.8 million WW.

It didn’t flop.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2021 7:00 PM

What is Harley supposed to be like? I know nothing about her, don’t read comics.

Robbie is gorgeous and she’s a good actress but maybe she’s not suitable for every single role.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Who directed this one? Zack or Joss? Or some other poor sap going to get ripped to shreds from all sides?

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2021 7:12 PM

I’d say this looks like the best DC film yet. At least it’s not a Prozac drip full of anguish & cosmic ramifications.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2021 8:03 PM

R11 James Gunn

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2021 8:08 PM

James Gunn did this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2021 8:14 PM

I love the retro style posters they did for this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2021 8:17 PM

Oscar for Viola Davis!

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote] What is Harley supposed to be like? I know nothing about her, don’t read comics.

Think Judy Holliday in Born Yesterday but as a psychotic killer and devoted girlfriend of the Joker's.

Funny enough, Harley Quinn was originated in the classic 90s Batman: The Animated Series. She became so popular that now you can't even imagine the Joker without Harley Quinn by his side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2021 8:30 PM

It looks glib and trying to hard to be hip and funny without being remotely hip or funny.

Superhero comic movies are for basic bitches. SO played-out.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2021 8:35 PM

more masturbatory, geek-boy groveling retarded-ness. yay. seriously. these kind of movies are so formulaic at this point. no vision. no surprise.

the very first teaser (linked) for the first movie - the one they dropped at Comic-Con years ago - seemed to promise something way more interesting and cool. but then they reshot the whole thing because it wasn't funny enough. and the abortion they ended up with was just awful and pathetic.

this one looks just as bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2021 8:39 PM

R19 plus the original movie was rated R. They changed it to PG13

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2021 8:42 PM

Generally not really my kind of movie but kind of fun trailer. I liked the Steely Dan soundtrack. Don't shoot me.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2021 8:45 PM

I'm still amazed this title is allowed.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2021 8:46 PM

This looks like crap. They're trying too hard to be quirky and edgy.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2021 11:28 PM

I'm glad they're airing this one on HBO Max same day so I don't have to wait an entire year to hate the living fuck out of it.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2021 11:46 PM

Penises all over the beach? What a horrifying visual.

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2021 7:54 AM

Love John Cena. And the movie also features Peter Capaldi?

I've got to admit I'm psyched.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2021 7:57 AM

Seems fun

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2021 8:07 AM

The only good thing that I can say about this is this: With Deadpool, The Boys, and the Suicide Squad movies, I do hope that we finally progress to the deconstructionist phase of the superhero movie hype. My sincere hope is that people will finally lose interest in these crappy CGI spectacles. Corona managed to severely the whole blockbuster treadmill, let's just hope that--with the death of superhero movies--it dies off completely.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Joel is fine AF.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2021 8:13 AM

Superhero movies haven’t died though r28

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2021 8:22 AM

Not yet, R30, but hopefully soon. Maybe we'll have some semblance of substance over style again.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2021 8:42 AM

Unless John Cena and Jai Courtney are flip fucking each other with Joel joining in for a threesome throughout this movie, I'm not interested at all.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2021 9:23 AM

I disagree about Robbie. I think her Harley is tops. Thought it was a piece of shit, she was great in BoP

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2021 9:41 AM

UGH. I hate all of the superhero films & I say that as a big comics fan.

The trailer & poster reveal that Starro will be the big bad in this film. He was the 1st foe of the JLA & wish he was in the 1st JLA film (with Martian M. & Hal Jordan).

DC & to a lesser degree Marvel let these Hollywood bozos toss everything into a big blender & nothing is unique or special (including looks, costumes, histories & powers).

The original line up of the villainous SS was Rick Flag, Bronze Tiger, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang , Blockbuster & the Enchantress going up against the gigantic Brimstone.

Cena's helmet couldn't have looked dumber & cheaper. I guess the nerd is Polka-Dot Man (an early Batman foe). Comic conventions have better outfits than these 100+ million dollar films.

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2021 10:03 AM

It's sad that Hollywood respects The Hobbit books better than

comic characters that have outshined them many times over.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2021 3:07 PM

I don’t like the Hobbit films

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2021 3:20 PM

Hollywood isn't in the respectful business. They are profit oriented. They'd screw over any artistic property to squish every single dime out of it to put it in their pockets. Stretching The Hobbit into three movies made it more than obvious.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2021 3:24 PM

R37 There were at least 3 Hobbit books (the others being Two Towers & Return Of The King)

R37 Hollywood should've learned this profitable lesson with Cathy Lee Crosby (this should be know as the CLC rule) cast as Wonder Woman in '74 before Lynda Carter.

That version of woman had blonde hair like Supergirl, rode a bike around like Batgirl (goodbye Invisible Plane) & had none of WW powers like super speed, etc. & a costume that was never in a single comic book story. That version of WW went nowhere. They gained WW success with ratings & merch with the more faithful comic book adaption with Lynda C.

Hollywood today think they can do anything with comic book characters & suckers will flock to it. The Fantastic Four film with the black Johnny Storm (& I guess a white sister Sue Storm) failed terribly at the box office.

J. League, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern & also Batman And Robin were all duds for DC Comics. Bad character line ups, scripts, powers (Selina's especially) costumes (Bat nipples?) & lackluster foes (Hector Hammond & an unrecognizable Steppenwolf). These " film creators" need to be reined in. I get a kick when all of the merch gets marked down as in the case with Daredevil, Ghost Rider 2, GL & JL. You reap what you sow Time Warner /Walt Disney.

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2021 3:18 AM

It's sad that Hollywood respects The Hobbit books better than

Oh, dear. They are not called Hobbit books. Way to show respect yourself.

[quote] [R37] There were at least 3 Hobbit books (the others being Two Towers & Return Of The King)

The prequel is called "The Hobbit". That one, on its own, was stretched into three movies after the Lord of the Rings book series (Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, Return of the King) was adapted into one movie for each book.

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2021 4:08 AM

[Quote] Thought it was a piece of shit, she was great in BoP

BoP was one of the few decent movies to come out of the DCverse.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2021 9:13 AM

Trailer 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2021 3:08 AM

I heard the first one was awful. But I guess this kind of dreck has an audience. A stupid one.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2021 3:10 AM

Thank for no Jared Leto!

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2021 3:19 AM

He was fun

by Anonymousreply 44April 7, 2021 3:28 AM

I still can’t get over the scene where Viola Davis executes all her employees in the office after they’ve completed their tasks. These were young men and women with families, their children wondering why their mothers didn’t come home. For her to just end their lives is sick and evil. And for Rick Fagg and Will Smith to just watch and snicker instead of being horrified just shows how morally awful they all are. So when Viola Davis gets kidnapped, I was rooting for her to get killed since she didn’t deserve to be rescued.

by Anonymousreply 45April 7, 2021 4:14 AM

R45 I don’t disagree but it’s funny how much that bothered you lmao

by Anonymousreply 46April 7, 2021 2:20 PM

It bothered a lot of people. That was a point of contention that was brought up over and over during criticism about how awful the movie is.

by Anonymousreply 47April 7, 2021 3:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!