Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How is Bobby Brown still alive?

His wife and two kids are now dead of drug overdoses, he should have died years ago!

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 4:10 AM

Brown is in the new Godzilla movies.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2021 8:43 PM

I know he brought it on himself but they feel a tad sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2021 8:43 PM

It's gotta suck being the one left behind. Whit was into drugs before she met BB though.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Yeah, the whole "Whitney was a sweetheart that Bobby corrupted" was largely been debunked. They were both unfortunate to meet each other. She enabled him as much as he did her.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2021 8:46 PM

LSA thinks "something is off," possibly a death-as-sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2021 8:51 PM

I feel sorry for Whitney Houston, if she was born in a family that weren't grifters and hypocrites, she may have had a chance.

She was hanging out with Kim Burell in the weeks before she died. She had the judgement of a trashy trailer park resident. And I'm saying this as someone who adored her as an artist.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2021 8:57 PM

Whitney had a way out. She chose to involve her family in her career and give them real estate in her head.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2021 9:09 PM

I think it’s BECAUSE of Whitney that he’s still alive. His career was over for the majority of their marriage. She was the moneymaker, I’m sure without her money he’d be dead a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2021 9:13 PM

That males little sense. Mo' money, mo' drugs.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2021 9:14 PM

Yes but Whitney was brainwashed by the churchies her mother hung out with from early childhood.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2021 9:34 PM

R9 less money, shittier drugs. Why are most celebrity druggies/ ex-druggies are still alive? Because they get the best shit. No dealer wants their name and business associated with shitty quality drugs. Bobby probably was like most rich addicts, they hit bottom then go to ritzy detox centers. Penniless Bobby Brown too fucked up by drugs to make music or tour, he would’ve been dead long ago were it not for Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2021 9:36 PM

I watching Waiting to Exhale the other day and while I cleaned house and she was so pretty and looked healthy.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2021 9:37 PM

Zac Efron was caught down on Skid Row, not because he was poor but because he was desperate. Whitney was spotted in crack dens too. It wasn't because she couldn't pay. She needed that greatest hit of all.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2021 9:39 PM

Murder!

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2021 9:39 PM

How does one become a dealer to the stars? What a great job.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2021 9:57 PM

Funny op I was thinking about this last night as I drifted off to sleep. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2021 2:04 AM

[R12] apparently she had an overdose on the set of the film. She really was beautiful as she had been a crack head for several years at that point

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2021 2:52 AM

I really loved Whitney as an actress. I don’t remember if she was regarded as a good or bad actress but I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2021 3:07 AM

"I think it’s BECAUSE of Whitney that he’s still alive. His career was over for the majority of their marriage. She was the moneymaker, I’m sure without her money he’d be dead a long time ago."

Maybe you don't like him as an artist, but do you realize how big his career was between New Edition and his big solo career? It was substantial. No, not Whitney level, but Bobby should have had plenty of his own money.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2021 5:18 AM

He avoids bathtime. Something his daughter and ex-wife should’ve done

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2021 5:26 AM

Pretty sure he has a new wife and kids now...

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2021 7:17 AM

[quote]I really loved Whitney as an actress. I don’t remember if she was regarded as a good or bad actress but I liked it.

I’m trying to think of things I’ve watched her in but I can only come up with The Bodyguard and The Preacher’s Wife.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2021 10:50 PM

Waiting To Exhale?

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2021 10:52 PM

I think she was considered very competent, but not great. I never thought she embarrassed herself acting, and was pretty good in things like Waiting to Exhale.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2021 10:52 PM

I’ve never watched Waiting to Exhale, R23, is that the only other movie she was in?

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2021 10:57 PM

The Cinderella TV movie with Brandy which was big, and a fairly small roll in the Sparkle remake.

She didn't do a ton of acting.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2021 11:01 PM

I am enjoying Bobby's new reality show on A&E. He seems to be doing well Altho I am not sure he needed 3 more kids with his new wife. She does seem to be a good mom tho.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 1:54 AM

I often wonder this.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 1:55 AM

Alicia was at Bobby and Whitney's wedding. That's how long they have known each other. She is this manager too. Bobby seems to be doing ok

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 1:56 AM

Bobby is in terrible physical condition but is committed to getting into better shape for New Edition reunion tour.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 1:59 AM

I feel a lot of compassion for him. He has been through a lot but never plays the victim. If he didn't have Alicia I am not sure where he would be.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 2:01 AM

His oldest son Landon is hot! Haha...my autocorrect keeps typing Land on. I would def Land on him.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 2:02 AM

Whit being the bigger addict and even the kids having more financial sway, just meant boddy had to scrounge their crumbs off the floor like a addicted whore he was.

It's no that far off from the dynamics of the Jackson's really, the least successful are absolute whores, no doubt, but they know their place... they get their allowance to be those whores by how well they support the family's successes and they only retain that place by being subservient to the most successful. Which in their excesses of success are the biggest buy in for celebrity death watch. It wasn't any surprise when MJ died and most have their eyes on Janet to follow with an implant or filler rejection... or the next choice of husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 2:22 AM

I don’t know how he was with all his kids but from what I know of Bobby today he doesn’t seem like a bad guy. He seems pretty honest about his life with Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 3:59 AM

He avoids tubs.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 4:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!