Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Harrison Hires High Power Lawyer Amid Claims He's Ready to "Tell the Truth" About 'The Bachelor'

Um, looks like Chris Harrison is lawyering up. Multiple outlets including Page Six report that the longtime Bachelor host has hired high power attorney Bryan Freedman—who represented Gabrielle Union during her dispute with America’s Got Talent. A pretty significant move, but as Page Six notes it's unclear what, if any, legal action is being ~explored~ at this time.

[quote] “Chris has had a spotless record for 20 years … He has always been the good company man, but, after the way he’s been treated by producers and executives over the past couple of weeks, he’s run out of cheeks to turn," a source tells Page Six. "Now he’s ready to tell the truth about how things really work over there — and he has plenty of evidence to back him up.”

Chris "stepped away" from his hosting duties after defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racist behavior, and agreed not to moderate Matt James' After the Final Rose special. But then he showed up on Good Morning America and made it clear that he wants back into the franchise, saying “I plan to be back and I want to be back. And I think this franchise can be an important beacon of change. I know that change is felt, not just by me, but by many others. And we are excited and willing to do the work to show that progress."

After these comments, ABC revealed that Chris would not be hosting the upcoming season of The Bachelorette, and that instead Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe would step in to "support" Katie Thurston on her journey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2021 4:45 AM

Good for Chris!

I'm glad he's fighting back against Cancel Culture.

Spill that dirt!

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2021 11:48 PM

R1 probably was thrilled when Colin Kaepernick couldn't get a job and country radio stopped playing The Dixie Chicks

Why do Republicans not care when poor people get fired.....but whine when millionaires lose a job?

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2021 11:58 PM

desperate to keep such a shitty job (can't do anything else in entertainment/entertainment hosting?) like host of the bachelor bachelorette crap??! pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2021 12:06 AM

Rachel must be shitting her granny panties!

This is all her fault. She set him up.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2021 12:11 AM

Oh my gosh! Is he going to tell us it’s all scripted? It can’t be. It just can’t be!

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2021 12:14 AM

This whole situation is stupid. As a poc, I think that the Antebellum party was in poor taste and that Rachel should have apologized and explained herself. She did that. Chris Harrison didn’t say it was okay that she was there, nor did he condone the party. He just said people change and the person he knew her to be was decent. There is nothing wrong with what he said. People need to just move the fuck on and stop blowing shit like this up! I’m more concerned with black people and other minorities being shot by police and by each other than this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2021 12:17 AM

Thank you SO MUCH for that, R6!

I agree with you completely.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote] He has always been the good company man, but, after the way he’s been treated by producers and executives over the past couple of weeks, he’s run out of cheeks to turn," a source tells Page Six. "Now he’s ready to tell the truth about how things really work over there — and he has plenty of evidence to back him up.”

A good company man? He's willing to tell the truth about how things really work?

So, he was alright when the company treated others like shit. And was happy to keep the company's dirty secrets. But now that he's treated badly, it's a federal crime

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2021 12:40 AM

R8 that sounds more like Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2021 12:44 AM

He will never work in the industry again.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2021 12:58 AM

[quote] He will never work in the industry again.

He won't have to.

Chris will get a HUGE settlement, whether it's in court, or whether it's behind the scenes.

The Bachelor producers will just want this to go away. Or they won't have a show.

It's cheaper to pay off Chris.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2021 1:02 AM

The true racists always double down. They are willing to lose it all to defend the old system. ‘Blacks must be kept in their place at all times. How dare they request fair treatment’

That is how they think.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2021 1:08 AM

[quote] Let’s face it- this has been how us whites have always operated

R12, see R6.

Chris was simply stating an opinion.

He was also defending a cast member. That's what a good host does.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2021 1:11 AM

I hope Chris doesn't threaten to talk about the strictly heterosexual relationship between

Matt James and Tyler Cameron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2021 2:47 AM

Officially gone now

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2021 6:32 PM

Link?

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2021 7:06 PM

I don’t think he’s being treated fairly, but I never liked his smarmy, disingenuous ways. I wish this entire “franchise,” with its disturbing conceit would go away with him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2021 7:14 PM

What’s the point without Miss Kitty Carlisle and Peggy Cass on a celebrity panel?

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2021 7:24 PM

It’s official.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2021 7:29 PM

From R19:

[quote] The confidential settlement with franchise producers and distributor Warner Horizon was finally reached after one more flurry of back and forth between the parties and Bachelor broadcaster ABC on Monday night. A motivational undercurrent, so to speak, throughout was Harrison lawyer Bryan Freedman pledging to unleash the Shiva of lawsuits exposing a swath of The Bachelor’s alleged dirty laundry unless his Gersh-repped client emerged feeling the financial love.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2021 7:31 PM

and suddenly, the backstage drama becomes more interesting than the insipid dating crap show itself

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2021 7:33 PM

Geez, I hope that cunt Rachel is happy now.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2021 7:35 PM

I agree with R22, Cunty Rachel "made it an issue" by playing the angry black female BITCH card. I don't watch the shows, they are FUCKING STUPID but I am glad he GOT PAID.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2021 7:49 PM

The only people worse than those working for this show are the delusional housewife fans! I really mean that. There’s nothing more pathetic than caring about anyone involved in this crap.

If you watch this show for the laughs and think it’s all a stupid joke and you just like looking at car crashes, then I respect you, but if you’re an actual fan of this show, do everyone a favor and stop breathing until you’re no longer acting like a worthless white woman.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2021 7:49 PM

This is just contract hardball. He'll walk away with $20 million. He's probably earned at least $25-50 million off the show so far. He's doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] He's probably earned at least $25-50 million off the show so far. He's doing just fine.

Only $25-50 million? He’s been hosting the show for 19 years. I think he gets $10 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote] Harrison will receive a rose of his own in the form of mid-range eight-figure payoff and promise to keep his mouth shut, I hear.

Chris got the last laugh. They’re paying him $10-99 million to go away.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2021 10:46 PM

I lot of former contestants are cumming out to support him. They’re not afraid of being cancelled and are standing behind Chris. Hmmm, seems Rachel, Tayshia, and Kaitlyn haven’t wished him well yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2021 12:12 AM

r26 I stand corrected. I forgot how long the bachelor has been around. If he's earning $10 mil per season, which is reasonable, then he's probably earned around $100 million since it started. (Even if not from hosting, there's other gigs that come along with a high profile job like that which pad the bottom line)

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2021 5:29 AM

[quote] Claims He's Ready to "Tell the Truth" About 'The Bachelor'

They couldn't handle the truth.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2021 8:15 AM

I can't believe he gets 10 million a year for this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2021 1:07 PM

Hello DL.. This is Phillywhore!!! I had typed 2 paragraphs about the info I got from 3 of the Lawyers working on the Bachelor settlement. If I say so myself, they were "Poetry in Motion". However, it did not post; Sadness prevails in the Kingdom of the whore. I'm being told 80 to 125 million dollars(leaning towards the high end numbers. More to cum!!

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] Hmmm, seems Rachel, Tayshia, and Kaitlyn haven’t wished him well yet.

Kaitlyn has, R28.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2021 7:33 PM

He was so fake as the spokesman for housefrau everywhere who comprised "Bachelor Nation."

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2021 8:58 PM

I can't believe people waste time on this shit show, it's not real and they always break up!!!! What's the fucking point??

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2021 2:50 AM

The Kardashian show is over. Now this.

How will America ever recover?

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2021 4:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!