Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Real Housewives of NYC season 13 premieres May 4th at 9 PM

meh trailer. Some moments look interesting others not so much. Only 5 full cast members this season. 2 friends including Heather.

Still not a fan of Leah and I'm beyond sick of Ramona and weird nosed, drunken Sonja

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18721 hours ago

meanwhile, on the heels of her fresh finalized divorce, Bethenny is engaged to Paul Bernon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103/23/2021

Watching Ramona have to interact with black people should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 203/23/2021

I thought Bethenny broke up with Paul?

by Anonymousreply 303/23/2021

Bethenny really has a type, that guy sort of looks like Jason.

I’m concerned about this season. You need a bridge between the younger women and the old bags. Dorinda or Carole or Bethenny or even Tinsley could do that.

by Anonymousreply 403/23/2021

Bethenny announcing her engagement the day the RHONY trailer drops is classic Bethenny.

by Anonymousreply 503/23/2021

Real Alcoholic Incest Survivors with Borderline Personality Disorder of New York

by Anonymousreply 603/23/2021

Surprised Tinsley didn't rejoin since Scott publicly dumped her and Dorinda is out...

by Anonymousreply 703/23/2021

No Dorinda! Thank GOD.

by Anonymousreply 803/23/2021

It's nice that after 13 years Bravo's finally acknowledging the existence of black women in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 903/23/2021

I was just talking yesterday about how completely uninterested I am in the Housewives post pandemic. This preview did nothing to reengage.

by Anonymousreply 1003/23/2021

This Eboni cunt sounds like a woke psycho.

by Anonymousreply 1103/23/2021

I am a longtime Rhony fan but this just looks dull. Who cares that 75yo Ramona Singer isn't woke? This show has always been the Real Housewives of the UES (sorry Silex and Carole-y Sadshaw) and there is very little diversity up there. A little Leah goes a very long way. Lu is a boy-crazy 50-something, AGAIN! Sonja is no longer the straw that stirs the drink, she is just the drink at this point. I never liked Heather. I don't know anything about the two new women but the trailer doesn't really make me want to watch at all.

by Anonymousreply 1203/23/2021

Looks like every other season of the drunken cunts.

by Anonymousreply 1303/23/2021

I hope Heather uses her 90s white girl hip hop references in front of Eboni and she bodyslams her

by Anonymousreply 1403/23/2021

This looks horrendous and I’ve seen every season. We can watch CNN if we wanted to see tension over white guilt. Beyond the virtue signaling, this looks unbelievably trashy. Dorinda was the last class left on the show, even if she was a raging alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 1503/23/2021

It’s funny that black women get worked up about “the help” thing because NO ONE treats servers poorer and with more disrespect than black women. Horrible tippers too.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2021

ugh this show's too ghetto now!

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2021

the reaction on twitter seems to be similar to this thread as people already know what to expect from deplorable Ramona and drunken Sonja. There is a bit of intrigue though about Leah and Heather clashing

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2021

R1 Wasn’t Bethenny supposedly dating Dennis at the time?

Christ, she is such a textbook Borderline.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2021

RHONYC has become an extremely lazy franchise. Lazy writing, lazy acting, and lazy casting ( let's just bring back former cast members).

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2021

Ramona looks good. Haven't watched the show in years but saw a few min while channel surfing, what did she get done? And lu ann also looks good. Face lift?

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2021

R20 the Housewife formula has become cast the biggest robotic sex doll narcissists and give them lots of booze

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2021

I love that Heather looks at Leah like, "I don't have time for dumb bitches like you."

by Anonymousreply 2303/24/2021

What’s with the super bright pharmacy lighting on all these shows now? Hideous

by Anonymousreply 2403/24/2021

I can’t wait!

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2021

Boring

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2021

I would like to see Aviva crash one of their parties and chuck her peg leg at Ramona’s head.

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2021

I think Ramona will be cancelled soon.

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2021

Sounds like Heather will not be back after this go around...

And why do I suspect that I am going to possibly despise Leah this season, after loving her last season.

by Anonymousreply 2904/02/2021

not surprisingly, the trailer for Beverly Hills has completely overtaken any buzz NYC was getting.

by Anonymousreply 3004/18/2021

intro released

LuAnn and Eboni look great. Ramona looks decent for her age. Leah.... you can see the plastic surgery she's had since last season lol and her tagline is cringeworthy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3104/19/2021

It looks terrible - Leah is right calling Heather a “Karen” though - I could never pinpoint what it is I couldn’t stand about her (aside from having to look at that honker of a nose each week) and that’s exactly it.

Speaking of Leah though, she has to stop picking social media celebrity fights to gain more press (ie Demi Lovato), even if she’s “right” in this case, it’s beyond transparent and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 3204/20/2021

Leah is sooooo boring and annoying. She’s too young to be friends with the others as they’re so old now, and she doesn’t fit in. I’m glad Dorinda has gone though.

by Anonymousreply 3304/20/2021

From a preview clip of the season premiere, I'm definitely feeling good about what I saw. Eboni fits in perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 3404/22/2021

What a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3504/28/2021

R35 yet she voted for her social "friend" Trump for president...because he's so financially stable and not desperate for attention/adulation?

by Anonymousreply 3604/28/2021

Wow nothing real there. I mean at all.

by Anonymousreply 3704/28/2021

Aren't they all Trump voting repugs?

by Anonymousreply 3804/29/2021

I doubt any of them voted for him the second time.

by Anonymousreply 3904/29/2021

Ramona absolutely voted for him in November. She probably thought she could parlay it into a MaraLago visit. I'd say Sonja too but I doubt she is registered.

Is it weird that they are airing on Tuesdays this season? I feel like it's almost always aired on Wednesday or Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 4004/29/2021

I did!

by Anonymousreply 4104/29/2021

Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn all knew Trump socially. LuAnn was even caught going to Mar-a-lago in the early part of 2017 but I think she changed her stance on him, at least publicly during the rest of his term. Who knows what she did when she actually voted in 2020 though. Ramona is a consistent deplorable and remember last season took them all to a big Trump donor who was having a party in that hideous mansion in the Hamptons. Sonja is probably closer to LuAnn in that if she still supported Trump, she wouldn't do so publicly again. The reunion of the 2017 season, LuAnn and Sonja got very nervous when Andy asked about who they voted for. Only Bethenny and Carole raised their hand for Hillary. Tinsley claimed she didn't vote.

Leah is not a Trump voter but she's so dumb she wrote in Meghan McCain's plagiarist and propagandist husband Ben's rag outlet The Federalist that Trump and Hillary were basically the same so she didn't vote for either of them. Leah thinks she's so progressive but she's clearly not an intellectual.

Eboni is definitely a liberal which is why she didn't last long Fox "News".

by Anonymousreply 4204/29/2021

*last long on Fox "News"

by Anonymousreply 4304/29/2021

Dorinda also supported Hillary, she knew the Clintons through her husband.

Bethenny was very savvy with the way she answered that question. She made it clear that she voted for Hillary only because the other choice seemed worse.

The Atlanta women and Beverly Hills women (except Camille, who compared the scrutiny be received during his Senate hearings to the scrutiny she received as a reality star) are Dems. The OC women (except Tamra and Meghan King) are Republicans. I’d assume Dallas and most of Jersey are Dump voters while Potomac are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 4404/29/2021

[quote]Remember last season took them all to a big Trump donor who was having a party in that hideous mansion in the Hamptons.

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about that. I take back what I said in R39.

by Anonymousreply 4504/29/2021

Teresa loves Trump

by Anonymousreply 4604/29/2021

Everybody loves Trump!

by Anonymousreply 4704/29/2021

R44 yes I forgot Dorinda! For all her faults, she is at least sane when it comes to her politics

by Anonymousreply 4804/29/2021

wow Heather says she "gets assaulted" this season but doesn't elaborate. Since it wasn't shown in the trailer, I'm guessing Leah must have thrown something at her rather than punch or slap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4904/29/2021

"I'm guessing Leah must have thrown something at her rather than punch or slap "

Well, that's disappointing then.

by Anonymousreply 5004/29/2021

Hollaaaaa!

by Anonymousreply 5104/29/2021

Do you think All-Stars will be a Shitfest?

by Anonymousreply 5204/29/2021

I just read that Heather interview. Yes, she really is a Karen.

And Leah is a shank, but that’s a different issue.

And Ramona is a gross deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 5304/29/2021

heather and the " Queen Bee."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5404/30/2021

Meanwhile, with the totally unlikable Frankel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5504/30/2021

The Countess chimes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5604/30/2021
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5704/30/2021

Geez, the Bravo PR machine is in full swing. Page Six must call these ladies every morning like Scott Rudin's office.

by Anonymousreply 5804/30/2021

These broads all have Page Six and Radar Online on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 5904/30/2021

Ramona displays her usual bravery:

The Life on the Ramona Coaster author admitted she was “shocked” at how things played out because Leah and Heather had only “briefly” met at Dorinda Medley’s house in the Berkshires one year prior.

“I don’t like to be under Leah’s wrath it’s, like, woo! So, I did not come to Heather’s defense,” Ramona added. “I just ran the other way, saying, ‘Thank God it’s not me.’”

by Anonymousreply 6004/30/2021

hahahaha that ramona quote

by Anonymousreply 6104/30/2021

So Leah is the Bethenny this year. All rage and tears, but without any of the wit that made Bethenny tolerable, great

by Anonymousreply 6204/30/2021

Exactly r59. Well their publicists do.

by Anonymousreply 6304/30/2021

so now everyone is afraid of Leah? That's laughable. She has SO many weaknesses that can be exploited. Heather doesn't usually back down so I'm surprised

by Anonymousreply 6404/30/2021

Leah is a sad mess.

by Anonymousreply 6504/30/2021

R64 she got a bona fide top tier talent agent out of this (WME) so she’s doing something right. The rest have to settle for second tier publicists of reality stars and would be influencers.

by Anonymousreply 6604/30/2021

The gem in the interview is the reveal of what happened to Joni! She got divorced and the husband got to keep Ramona and Mario.

Also, I have zero interest in watching a pasty party. No one wants to see the udders on these heifers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6705/01/2021

Ramona cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 6805/01/2021

Just saw on Leah’s IG stories that she’s converting to Judaism. Interesting. Does she think that will make her seem smarter?

by Anonymousreply 6905/03/2021

It’s still the most entertaining of all the HW shows. But I will miss crazy Dorinda.

by Anonymousreply 7005/03/2021

R69, is that how she got the WME agent?

by Anonymousreply 7105/03/2021

"It’s still the most entertaining of all the HW shows..."

That's like saying it's the most solid of all the explosive diarrheas.

by Anonymousreply 7205/03/2021

R71 funny, didn’t know Mel Gibson posted here.

by Anonymousreply 7305/03/2021

R73 settle down sugartits. It's just a joke.

by Anonymousreply 7405/03/2021

Leah popped up on a repeat of Millionaire Matchmaker today. Reality show whore.

by Anonymousreply 7505/03/2021

R75 she looks totally different now with the nose and boob job

by Anonymousreply 7605/03/2021

Leah is fucking certifiable

[quote]“I’m, like, trying to stay sane on the cameras so people won’t know how batsh*t [crazy] I really am. She’s really lucky the cameras were there, to be honest.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7705/03/2021

R76 funny you mention that because I’ve been looking and looking at before and after pics of her nose and I don’t see a fucking different. Tip looks the same, bridge same, wideness level, profile - all looks the same. Certainly hasn’t improved her appearance one bit.

Her new tits I haven’t looked at yet - they definitely were saggy before.

by Anonymousreply 7805/03/2021

^^ post your photo, fat frau whore.

by Anonymousreply 7905/04/2021

here we go

by Anonymousreply 8005/04/2021

God, I just hate Leah. Everything that comes out of her mouth is annoying and stupid. I fast-forwarded through most of this episode until they were all together at the end

by Anonymousreply 8105/04/2021

Same old shit.

by Anonymousreply 8205/04/2021

Leah is converting to Judaism for all the right reasons ( not). She's tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 8305/04/2021

Dorinda was a mean drunk, but I thought she really had style. She dressed her age without looking frumpy.

It was sad when she had that weird boyfriend, though, the one Bethenny accused of doing coke. (Don't they all do coke, though, including Bethenny? Maybe B is just smart enough to party with a more discreet circle of friends.)

by Anonymousreply 8405/04/2021

And why not just covert to Reform instead of Orthodox? It makes the whole thing seem like a gimmick and a joke.

by Anonymousreply 8505/04/2021

I don't dislike Leah, but she is not main character potential. It's not a direction that sticks...However, Luann being the real anchor of the show is what sticks. I can watch her all day.

by Anonymousreply 8605/04/2021

I like Eboni. SonJa pointing out the diversity in her fish pond was classic. And I agree about Lu. She holds the show together. She’s a very complicated woman but I’ve always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 8705/04/2021

Everybody liked Leah at first also.

by Anonymousreply 8805/04/2021

R79 whatever what means. Anyway, I actually do notice it now - it’s just the tip that’s more refined but her bridge is the same and her nostrils are pretty much the same too.

I like Eboni. The show needed someone like her and not just because she’s a WOC. Why is she Eboni K Williams though LOL - does SAG really have an Eboni Williams? I guess so

by Anonymousreply 8905/04/2021

Eboni is a good addition but she's not enough to boost this show. They really need 7 women, not 5.

SAME OLD SHIT WITH SONJA. They needed to fire her 4 years ago. I can't believe she's still on.

Ramona and LuAnn are now bonding because there's no one else of the old guard left except Sonja and she's pathetic

I never liked Leah from day 1. I don't think that's going to change this season. The conversion storyline is such bullshit. Is she going to get rid of her tattoos? Never mind her insane antics

by Anonymousreply 90Last Wednesday at 12:48 AM

lmao if you do a search on twitter "#rhony Leah" almost all of the comments are negative. So far hardly anyone is liking her for a variety of reasons

Yet Andy and the producers think she's the new it girl.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Wednesday at 1:17 AM

R91 you need a villain

by Anonymousreply 92Last Wednesday at 2:37 AM

Luann blacking out multiple times over the summer and blaming it on being allergic to alcohol is peak Lu! See also, going out all the time in Sag Harbor like covid only affects the poors. This lady has truly earned that center apple.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Wednesday at 4:47 AM

Leah is ruining this show. I play with my phone whenever she's on screen.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Wednesday at 7:47 AM

I wasn't impressed by Eboni, but maybe that's because was impressed with herself enough for the both of us.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Wednesday at 7:52 AM

NOBODY wants to see 60 year old Girls Gone Wild.

Luann and Garth have already broken up. I'm shocked. I thought those kids were going to make it. He was banging some sweet young thing while appearing, I mean, dating her.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Wednesday at 7:54 AM

Eboni reminds me of early era Bethenny: a smart-mouth, press-hungry thirtysomething striver becoming aware of her biological clock. But whereas Bethenny was playing that narrative out against a cast mostly made up of fortysomething UES mommy war-types, Eboni’s going to be doing it amidst the cast of “the Golden Girls Gone Wild”. It’ll be interesting to see if it works.

It also sounds like Eboni is dating all the rich sixty-year-olds that Ramona is trying to attract.

Speaking of dating, god bless Luann and her naked delight in scoring year-round-Hamptons-resident trade on tinder. It’s crazy to think back to early era Luann and see what an evolution she’s had over the last dozen years. Lu’s dozen times more “sex positive” than try-hard Leah will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Wednesday at 8:30 AM

R92 it's not just the villain but no one is feeling her conversion storyline and many are trashing her fashion choices on top of her trying to constantly use the latest lingo at the age of 40

by Anonymousreply 98Last Wednesday at 8:56 AM

I like the smaller cast plus a Heather. Sometimes there are just too many of them.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Wednesday at 1:27 PM

6-7 is the right number. 5 is too few and 8 is too many. They had 8 in season 7, the year Bethenny returned .

by Anonymousreply 100Last Wednesday at 1:36 PM

6 is the magic number to make women divide into cliques

by Anonymousreply 101Last Wednesday at 2:17 PM

I’m a Hasidic Jew who does Anal!

by Anonymousreply 102Last Wednesday at 2:19 PM

Is Leah’s anus kosher?

by Anonymousreply 103Last Wednesday at 2:22 PM

Mine's kosher by injection! Holla!

by Anonymousreply 104Last Wednesday at 2:32 PM

premiere came in #6 for cable shows with .28 key demo and only 959,000 total viewers! Bravo's new it-girl Leah ain't bringing the numbers despite all the hype

by Anonymousreply 105Last Wednesday at 2:35 PM

R105 uhoh someone’s getting fired

by Anonymousreply 106Last Wednesday at 3:15 PM

The old lady brigade (Ramona/Luann/Sonja) is fine, they just need to temper that energy with a voice of reason and someone younger.

If Dorinda wasn’t drinking and was added back to this cast I think it would be a good season.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Wednesday at 3:27 PM

R107 no Sonja really has to go or at a minimum demoted for friend.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Wednesday at 3:37 PM

Sonja has to stay or she’ll end up homeless so I’m ok keeping her

by Anonymousreply 109Last Wednesday at 3:40 PM

The old women all sound like men. There is nothing exciting about these hags.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Wednesday at 5:00 PM

why is it that every season LuAnn moves somewhere new while Sonja keeps trying to move but is stuck in the outdated townhouse? It's odd

by Anonymousreply 111Last Wednesday at 5:04 PM

Lou is so excited that she sold her children’s inheritance for a small one bedroom

by Anonymousreply 112Last Wednesday at 5:07 PM

Sonya deserves to be homeless tbh. And fuck Leah with her sex positive bullshit. Hon, if you were really sex positive you wouldn't give a shit if someone attempted to slut shame you.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Wednesday at 5:16 PM

I may be wrong, but I think the last time Luann had a place of her own in the city was in Season 2, when she was still married to the Count. She's lived out on Long Island ever since.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Wednesday at 5:17 PM

Real Housewives of Long Island would be a much different show.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Wednesday at 5:58 PM

Luann has basically been living in Sag Harbor/The Hamptons or squatting in Manhattan since season 3. Remember when she was living with Sonja, then moved in with Tom for a bit during their ridiculous marriage .

by Anonymousreply 116Last Wednesday at 6:05 PM

Eboni was a Fox News host so....all of these women are right-wing nutjobs? Where is the ally in the mix?

by Anonymousreply 117Last Wednesday at 6:19 PM

They have 0 chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Wednesday at 6:24 PM

R117 she was a liberal voice on Fox. She ended up getting death threats for her comments on Trump and that's why she left the network

Leah says she's liberal but she's not an intellectual

by Anonymousreply 119Last Wednesday at 6:30 PM

This is a quote from her podcast. Eboni is NOT Republican. Now I really hope she talks politics with Ramona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120Last Wednesday at 6:32 PM

Lay off my gurl, Sonja, already.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Wednesday at 8:41 PM

Eboni has robot vibes.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Wednesday at 10:24 PM

She rids me Of Porsha. I doubt she law clients and who is paying her bills?

by Anonymousreply 123Last Wednesday at 10:40 PM

Female attorneys are not very trustworthy, they have a hard time maintaining confidentiality.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Wednesday at 10:45 PM

Yeah, Eboni's statement that she does "every kind of law" is a tell tale sign that she does NO kind of law. She also claimed she started "practicing law at a big firm at 23" but that firm isn't even on her LinkedIn. And given that she was still in law school at 23, that means she a) was not "practicing" since she was still a student, b) was probably just at that firm as a summer associate, and c) probably did very little there since summer jobs at big firms are mostly about wining and dining. According to LinkedIn, she graduated in 2007, but she doesn't have a job listed until April 2008, as a an assistant public defender in Georgia. And that job only lasted about a year. Then there's a 5+ year gap with no jobs listed before her career in media starts. Or, rather, her career as a "national media leader" according to her headline.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Thursday at 5:33 AM

Lu is a narcissist and a mess, but I can't help but love her. Ramona is the most fake person I've ever seen on TV, but it's hard to imagine the show without her. Sonja can be funny, but she's just sort of sad.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Thursday at 6:12 AM

I’m not opposed to the old gals getting called on the carpet for being stereotypical out-of-touch privileges white ladies, but I’m not sure a stunt queen with no credit who bailed on her law career to host the 21st century equivalent of a late night public-access talk show is going to be an effective messenger. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Thursday at 7:09 AM

The plastic surgery is way over the top. Botox on top of facelifts etc. I think Leah and converting to Judaism for no reason is a lame storyline/ stunt.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Thursday at 7:13 AM

My thing about Eboni is she strikes me as someone who only wants to use the show as a platform for a season or two. That shit is typical on OC or Beverly Hills, but NYC thrives when they cast women who truly don't have anything else to do, like a Dorinda or a Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Thursday at 8:03 AM

I know Carole would never come back, but damn it'd be good to have her again. I know everyone says Bethenny is the missing link, but I feel like Carole actually is.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Thursday at 8:11 AM

Bethenny and Carole were both good because they basically said exactly what the audience was thinking in their confessionals and served as quasi narrators for the show. None of the women they have now are capable of that, which makes all of the boozing and histrionics a little harder to take. For example, I imagine Dorinda's drunken rants against Tinsley would have gone over a lot better with the audience if they'd been intercut with a few bitchy confessional quips. Instead, it just felt like as much of an assault on the audience as it was on poor Tinsley.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Thursday at 8:58 AM

Even Eboni knows Jill. Another reason to have Jill back if nothing else for connecting the whole cast (except Leah).

Next season if I had my way I'd fire Leah and Sonja. I'd keep LuAnn and Eboni, give Ramona 1 more season. Then bring back Jill and Dorinda and add in 2 more new people

by Anonymousreply 132Last Thursday at 9:58 AM

I don't think bringing back Housewives is ever a good idea. Once they are gone, they should stay gone. This show needs new blood, not old bitches.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Thursday at 10:07 AM

Please, no more Jill.

by Anonymousreply 134Last Thursday at 10:19 AM

something has to change. RHONY has lost its luster. The first few seasons are among my favorite of any housewife show but the last 5 years have been increasingly bad. I think Eboni is a solid addition but won't be enough to save the show. Leah has ruined things while Sonja and Ramona are quite stale

by Anonymousreply 135Last Thursday at 10:25 AM

I don't know if the show has changed casting directors but look at the last 6 additions-Kristen, Dorinda, Jules, Tinsley, Leah and Eboni.

Kristen, Jules, Tinsley and Leah are some of the very worst newbies in all the cities. NYC has so many fame-thirsty women who'd be interesting to watch yet somehow those 4 were deemed winners by production.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Thursday at 10:30 AM

The best new housewives are true friends of existing cast members, that’s why Dorinda was such a good addition , she was friends with Luann and Ramona and knew Sonja socially.

It’s an odd group right now because it doesn’t seem like there are two camps, young and old, and they don’t seem to connect. That’s why Dorinda‘s absence is felt, she seemed to have developed a real friendship with Leah on and off the show.

Leah wouldn’t have lasted if Bethenny was there, she would have been threatened by her and worked to ice her out.

I doubt Sonja and Luann are friends anymore with people with real money. Ramona’s 60 best girl friends seem boring .

Although her (ancient) friend Arlene Lazare might be fun to have around-she’s the Liza Minnelli lookalike at Ramona’s parties. Her husband was Halston and Liza’s dentist; they were always at Studio 54 with them and he invented Act mouthwash, so she’s loaded. And she helped Lorna Luft get Liza to Betty Ford in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Thursday at 10:47 AM

I was really surprised that Elyse didn't work out last year given how she knew Ramona and Sonja. Ramona was so mean to her and they don't speak anymore

It's odd how Leah is acting like Eboni is her best friend when they just met because of filming. Eboni knew LuAnn and Jill socially

by Anonymousreply 138Last Thursday at 10:50 AM

Elyse was stiff in front of the camera. Even her lesbian alter ego was dull. She was painful to watch. I hope Dorinda comes back next season. Her presence is missed.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Thursday at 11:27 AM

It's obvious with NYC they are trying reallyyyy hard to shoehorn a way to make Leah the anchor for a brand new, younger cast. They don't plan on dropping the vets (unless it's warranted, of course) but they do have plans to transition them out over the course of the upcoming seasons. Leah's casting as the anchor, though, isn't working. She just isn't charming in the way the producers thought she'd be. Obviously, they hoped it'd work out with Tinsley, but that plan shit the bed, so now they're resorting to Leah.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Thursday at 12:07 PM

Leah and her shitty streetwear brand (Hey! Look! I put a slogan on a shitty gildan sweatshirt) can go to Hell!

by Anonymousreply 141Last Thursday at 12:12 PM

R141 wasnt Tinsley already getting paid next to nothing? That’s what I always read...

by Anonymousreply 142Last Thursday at 12:23 PM

Tinsley got paid in Tito's and free press. She never cared about the paycheck, she wanted the publicity and unexpectedly met her (almost) husband. She was satisfied until she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Thursday at 12:27 PM

It’s weird because the woman don’t have any connections to one another. Lou and Ramona seem like fake friends who believe they are A listers but are really just creepy. Sonya is nuts and sad Leah is extremely unlikable. Ebony feels like a random and superficial addition. They need an entire new cast.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Thursday at 3:32 PM

Bring back Jill??? Now how in the fuck would that work. No one knows her or wants her around.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Thursday at 3:51 PM

Jill doesn’t fit with this cast anymore . This show is about horny cougars on the prowl and their slightly younger alcoholic frenemies. Jill isn’t going to get wasted, pick up some dick at a sleazy bar on vacation and shit the bed or something the way these bitches do.

by Anonymousreply 146Last Thursday at 4:07 PM

Leah wore out her welcome by the middle of last season. She’s over.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Thursday at 4:39 PM

I think the fact that none of the women are married is 1 of the reasons why the show went down the drain. It was more fun when there were husbands and kids in the mix. Now we don't see most of the kids anymore and only LuAnn is willing to share her bf of the season. Ramona and Sonja like to do their thing off-camera

I don't know what stable man would want Leah

by Anonymousreply 148Last Thursday at 4:54 PM

Lou’s boyfriend is a stunt

by Anonymousreply 149Last Thursday at 5:03 PM

The show needs a total reset ala when they dumped Jill, Kelly, and Alex all at once.  The problem is that I think too many people would be upset if they dumped Luann, Sonja, and Ramona after so many seasons.  Instead, they should just introduce one or two women from Brooklyn as "friends of," then spin them off into "The Real Housewives of Brooklyn," and retire "RHONY" entirely.  I think that would be a way to introduce a whole new NY cast without people feeling like the old timers had been squeezed out.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Thursday at 5:08 PM

They should bring back Aviva.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Thursday at 5:11 PM

Who would be upset? The dwindling viewership?

by Anonymousreply 152Last Thursday at 5:12 PM

When characters get interesting they tend to get rid of them. Aviva was one.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Thursday at 5:12 PM

Jill will be on tonight's special WWHL former real housewives interview!

by Anonymousreply 154Last Thursday at 5:15 PM

R153

She really gave us a memorable Teresa table flip moment and was fired after that season. HOW?

by Anonymousreply 155Last Thursday at 5:34 PM

Aviva was dumped because she kept blowing off shooting scenes. The cast and producers hated her and she sealed her fate when she refused to go to that cast trip they took to a ranch.

Maybe they should try to get Kelly Cutrone on the show. She’d have Ramona and Leah in tears in a fetal position

by Anonymousreply 156Last Thursday at 5:39 PM

Under a million viewers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157Last Thursday at 5:41 PM

R157 It’s been there before and it will go back up.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Thursday at 10:04 PM

The show need to do something very daring like getting all of the women drunk and shouting at each other. Then ( plot twist) making up as if nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Friday at 3:26 AM

LOL, R159. In so many of the RH shows, the women are awful about holding grudges and rehashing the same fight over and over again, which becomes boring quickly. One of the positives of RHONY was always the way the women would quickly make up and move on until the next fight. But now even that cycle feels very very tired.

by Anonymousreply 160Last Friday at 6:33 AM

The longer they are on the show, the more that you can see that they are acting ... poorly.

by Anonymousreply 161Last Friday at 7:56 AM

The Countess is an admitted alcoholic and we know at least a couple others are—and so OF COURSE Andy Cohen had to play a drinking game with all of them this week. He's such a menace.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Friday at 8:52 AM

Why would the ratings go up?

by Anonymousreply 163Last Friday at 8:53 AM

R163 I think it’s normal for them to go up during the season, especially during fights and vacations.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Friday at 8:54 AM

I’ve noticed Andy treats the cast members like shit on his show now. Asking embarrassing questions etc.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Friday at 8:54 AM

R165 He has favorites like Bethenny who he flatters and bows down to and he is a dick to most other Bravo 'stars.'

Around the time I stopped watching his show, he had a blonde lady from Below Deck on and I could not believe what an asshole he was to her. He cut her off mid-sentence to ask her what she had done to her face. She was stunned and without a beat, he was like "what did you do? Lasers? Fillers? You gotta stop with the fillers. Women who start young with them think it looks good. But it doesn't look good. It's aging and that's not what YOU need." She just sort of shut up and took the insult and he carried on with more stupid blabber.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Friday at 9:14 AM

Sissy Cohen is an asshole. I wish he’d get Me Too’ed you just know he molested some twink intern or lesser Vanderpump Rules “star.”

by Anonymousreply 167Last Friday at 9:46 AM

Isn’t the rumor that Bethenny has dirt on Andy like rape or sex with a minor charges that were dropped?

They don’t really seem like friends anymore since she left RHONY.

by Anonymousreply 168Last Friday at 9:48 AM

Andy Cohen needs a karate kick to the face.

by Anonymousreply 169Last Friday at 9:49 AM

Last night on the Summer House reunion Luke implied that production had instructed him to do something. In other words, it was scripted. Whenever anyone hints that these shows are scripted Andy gets royally pissed and denies it. I don’t think we’ll be seeing Luke next season.

by Anonymousreply 170Last Friday at 10:08 AM

R170 that’s why Dorinda got fired. Andy has always hated Ramona too; I’ll never understand how she’s managed to stay on the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 171Last Friday at 10:11 AM

Andy hates when his "Bravolebrities" (ugh) claim the "editing" made them look bad or that they do things just for the show. Almost all the former housewives on his show this week blamed the editing, and he didn't seem like he liked it. He also seemed especially drunk or drugged on that episode.

Jill said she wouldn't want to return full time; she'd rather be a "friend".

Mess Jonathan Antin from long gone BLOW OUT revealed some things on WWHL this week (in the first "Blast from the Past" episode) that Andy clearly didn't like. He tried to laugh it off but he was pissed.

by Anonymousreply 172Last Friday at 10:14 AM

Ramona must test well with focus groups? She is shrill, elitist, racist, geriatric and messy but maybe that’s what people want.

by Anonymousreply 173Last Friday at 10:21 AM

I remember that one of the housewives from Beverly Hills posted a season wrap party photo and thanked the writers for coming up with great storylines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174Last Friday at 11:12 AM

Jill came right out and said on an old WWHL that she invented the feud with B and pitched it to the producers. Andy looked like he wanted to punch her. He denied it but she insisted it was true. I’m not a Jill fan but I doubt she was lying.

by Anonymousreply 175Last Saturday at 5:11 AM

I can't believe people speculate that these shows could be scripted. All reality shows are scripted to some extent, even shows like Survivor.

Reality shows like the housewives involve producers determining who will be where and when. They have to secure permits to record at various locations. There are no impromptu get togethers. That doesn't happen. The producers what cast members to bring together. I suspect it's usually explicitly planned and discussed, but even if not, the cast members implicitly understand their relationship storylines and can be either friendly or antagonistic to one another as the storylines demand that season.

The scripting couldn't be much more obvious. Every season, there's one or more villains, one or more sympathetic characters, one who is there for comic relief, one who is tragic and whose well being we fear for. In every franchise, these roles change from season to season—one is hated by all, including viewers, and then the next season she is sympathetic and a favorite of viewers. They drink like fishes on the show, and that has to be part of the scripting or else every single housewife is a certifiable alcoholic.

Every season on every franchise, one of the housewives announces "I have a crazy idea!" She invites the other women ona trip! Just the girls! What do you think?! One isn't sure she wants to go without her husband/boyfriend. One may not be invited because she is feuding with the one with the crazy idea! Will she go?? Hijinks ensue on location. Then a drunken explosion.

On shows like Survivor, we see contestants walking along the beach with the sun setting while their voiceover tells us what they are plotting. They shoot and reshoot the walking, record and re-record the audio. (Spoiler: We aren't actually hearing the person's thoughts!) The secret plotting among cast members are recorded and if something is wrong with the audio, they re-stage the same scene.

The funny thing is that when Bravo was an arts channel, before the Housewives, they aired a documentary showing how all reality shows are scripted and directed in these ways. And it's inevitable. Even simple conversations that we feel are improvised very often are orchestrated because they are plot points in the narrative arc and they are often re-shot for better audio, better lighting, to get more angles or more emotional close-ups, etc. The only real aspects of some reality shows may be improvised dialogue and heightened emotions, but even those are slotted into storylines as necessary and are done consciously.

by Anonymousreply 176Last Saturday at 5:25 AM

Jill and the producers concocted the entire feud and confrontation with Bethenny. It was Jill’s ill-planned move to become the Queen Bee of NYC. Her and Bethenny were actually BFFs. It didn’t work because B saw through what she was trying to do and Bethenny was a very sympathetic character at the moment, new engagement, pregnant and Dad dying.

Those first few seasons of NYC are great from Bethenny & crazy Kelly to Jill’s feud to Scary Island.

by Anonymousreply 177Last Saturday at 6:56 AM

It’s true. They will have a nice brunch and then on the next outing, they will fight. The formula is really tired, especially the phony charity events, vacations, and lame product launches.

by Anonymousreply 178Last Saturday at 9:12 AM

Housewife Abuse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179Last Saturday at 9:18 AM

The first episode was reminder of predictable the show has become and gave viewers no reason to look forward to the rest of the season.

by Anonymousreply 180Last Saturday at 10:03 AM

The show's writers are just lazy and should be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 181Last Saturday at 10:27 AM

Heather Thompson and Carole R were on some podcast together and plainly discussed that Sonja's toaster oven thing was entirely made up for the show.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Saturday at 11:19 AM

The first episode of every season is dull. The crazy doesn’t come out until eps 3 or 4.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Saturday at 1:14 PM

The premiere of season 10 was excellent, and it was the best season they had since Scary Island.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184Last Saturday at 1:21 PM

I'm looking forward to their trip to Salem, MA. Sonja becomes possessed by an executed witch and goes apeshit.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Saturday at 2:49 PM

It’s funny they keep it light & airy with NYC but NJ and ATL get really dark.

Maybe a good plot twist to freak out Ramona could be one of the Housewives having an HIV scare, she lives in the 80s in her head and would show up wearing a hazmat suit and telling everyone to not drink or eat after the suspected carrier.

by Anonymousreply 186Last Saturday at 4:43 PM

Leah is as annoying as ever, and this Eboni chick is gonna be a pain in the ass. She certainly thinks her shit doesn't stink.

Wasn't she on Fox News for a while? That's enough to make me dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 18721 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!