Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Odd encounters, interactions, or stories with people that are unusual to explain?

I became friends with a few lightly famous people. Just kind of odd when I think about it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 6:40 PM

A few years ago I walked my dog (a husky/ malamute mix) past a church a few blocks from my house. There was a woman standing outside it on the sidewalk wearing sunglasses, and she smiled at us and said hi to the dog. He fucking freaked out and started whining & backing away from her; he fell backwards off the curb and into the street, almost got hit by a car. He was scared shitless; I was convinced she was a demon or something. He normally is fine with any stranger approaching him and saying hi; he loves interacting with people. This was different & it left me unsettled. Never saw her again.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2021 3:31 AM

I’ll never forget what Tony Newley said to me...

“Who are you?”

Just like that.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2021 3:36 AM

I was sitting across from a very thin pale blonde woman, dressed in green, like she had been skiing on the G Train in Brooklyn. She kept walking up to people saying how loud they were when they were not speaking. She looked at me, and started crying, and said "I can hear you too, and yes, this is all too loud". She got of the train at the next stop, and I always wondered if she was just your run of the mill crazy person, or she could hear our thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2021 5:45 PM

I have a friend who’s a folksinger.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2021 5:47 PM

This thread, OP...

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2021 6:00 PM

I once saw Morgan Freeman in the Piggly Wiggly.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2021 6:38 PM

R3 untreated schizophrenia.

Hopefully she got help.

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2021 6:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!