Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

6-Year-Old Black Boy Arrested And Sent To Court For Picking A Tulip

The 6-year-old dangled his legs above the floor as he sat at the table with his defense attorney, before a North Carolina judge.

He was accused of picking a tulip from a yard at his bus stop, his attorney Julie Boyer said, and he was on trial in juvenile court for injury to real property.

The boy's attention span was too short to follow the proceedings, Boyer said, so she handed him crayons and a coloring book.

"I asked him to color a picture," she said, "so he did."

He didn't know it, but no matter what the judge decided, the experience could change the boy's life, experts say, from how he sees the court system to increasing his chance of getting into trouble again and being sent to alternative school.

Boyer and others say children that age don't have the mental capacity to understand the juvenile justice process and its consequences. They can't make informed decisions, like whether to talk to police and what to tell them, whether to go to trial and whether to admit to the accusations against them, which are called complaints.

The N.C. Juvenile Justice section, part of the state Department of Public Safety, requires parents' involvement, but the accused child is the defendant and is expected to assist in his or her defense.

"Should a child that believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy be making life-altering decisions?" asked New Hanover County Chief District Court Judge Jay Corpening.

The research says no, "even at 10, 11 and some 14-year-olds," said Corpening, who chairs a state subcommittee studying this issue at the General Assembly's request.

Advocates for raising the age for juvenile proceedings include Gov. Roy Cooper's Task Force on Racial Equity in Criminal Justice, which recommends the age be raised to 12. A subcommittee of the Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee, which was established by the state legislature, recommends 10. The National Juvenile Justice Network recommends 14.

William Lassiter, deputy secretary of North Carolina's Juvenile Justice section, said he supports raising the age to 10 and having competency evaluations for 11- and 12-year-olds.

Whether the proposal becomes law could hinge on the response from the N.C. Conference of District Attorneys and law enforcement. The N.C. Sheriff's Association and N.C. Association of Chiefs of Police haven't taken a stand, officials said.

Jim Woodall, district attorney for Orange and Chatham counties, and Satana Deberry, district attorney for Durham County, support raising the age as well.

"A 6-year-old cannot comprehend what is taking place in court, but probably will never forget being labeled a delinquent," Deberry wrote in an email.

Another criticism of the juvenile justice system is that it disproportionately affects young children of color.

"When a cop picks up a white boy, he takes him to his parents," said Mary Stansell, juvenile chief at the Wake County Public Defender's Office. "But if he is black, he takes him to the state."

From 2015 through 2018 nearly 7,300 complaints were filed against children age 6 to 11 years old, according to numbers from the state Juvenile Justice section.

Of those complaints, 47% were against Black children, 40% were against white children and 7% against Hispanic or Latino children.

In general, 22% of the state's population is Black, 70% is white and 10% is Hispanic.

"It is a suspected statistic," said Yakob Lemma, 17, an Enloe High senior and co-founder of the Wake County Black Student Coalition, a student-led organization that wants to remove school resource officers from schools and make other changes. "This is just proof that we have been criminalized since we're young, since we are little kids, and we have to grow up all our lives like that, with being criminalized and being actively targeted."

Once children are in the system, the disparities continue. The process can penalize children whose parents can't take time off during a workday or who lack transportation to go to an intake meeting or drive their children to other programs, attorneys said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 28, 2021 2:02 AM

This is so fucked up. The fact that this is even allowed to happen is mind blowing.

This country is so racist and backwards.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Maybe he'll be inspired to become a defense attorney. Seems pretty stupid, even for North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2021 12:01 PM

How much money is this process costing the state of NC, and what trials of far more serious crimes are being delayed? For picking a fucking flower???

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2021 12:05 PM

Isn't that what Johnny Cash was sent to jail for, picking flowers?

Read the article and fortunately the judge dismissed the case, but how it even got to this point is beyond me. Infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2021 12:11 PM

Yet The Trump crime family walks free. Smdh

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2021 12:16 PM

The yaaaaaaas kweeens are NOT having this. Yaaaas.

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2021 12:16 PM

Now that’s a “get off my lawn” story worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2021 12:40 PM

This is really awful, more than some people are willing to admit. A black child being prosecuted for literally just being a child.

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2021 2:06 PM

A sweet little boy picking a flower, colouring in at his own court appearance.

The image says it all.

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2021 2:17 PM

The police department, officers and DA in this case should be named, shamed and censored. Fuck them.

Some of this Jim Crow era shit still goes down in these smaller counties in the South.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2021 2:22 PM

Just be thankful he didn't offer the officers the flower when they arrived. They would have shot him, thinking he was raising a weapon

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2021 2:30 PM

A six year old is still learning what is right and wrong and he likely didn't even realize he was doing something bad. A simple and gentle explanation to help him understand why it's wrong would have been entirely appropriate and effective. Perhaps an age appropriate punishment could be used....time out or something. Unfortunately, it would seem that that kind of treatment is reserved for white kids.

If they really truly wanted to pursue charges, it should have been against his parents for failing to stop him from picking the flower, since they are his legal guardians.

Even that is over the top though and felt stupid to type.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2021 2:39 PM

I don’t care if he threw a tantrum or went back to pick the tulip after being told not too, he is 6 years old!

What a fucking waste of time and resources, not to mention the impact on this child’s perception of law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2021 2:46 PM

I would also like to know if a homeowner was behind this - pressing the charges.

I hope the internet does its thing and investigates this.

And - hands in the air - how many of us were tempted to pick flowers at that age, particularly to take one home to Mommy? I know I had that idea in my head a lot when I was 5 or 6 - but I was always with my mom who instructed me why I shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote]I hope the internet does its thing and investigates this.

😉

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2021 2:55 PM

Who the fuck would press charges against a 6-year old for picking a tulip? The article doesn't say if the charges were brought by a homeowner who saw the boy in their yard or a police officer who charged him on the scene. Either way, who would look at this child and his action and think "There's a dangerous criminal who needs his day in court!"

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2021 2:57 PM

This is such a sad thread! I cannot believe a little six-year-old has gone through all this nonsense.

FFS, he picked a flower, does that rate any type of punishment? Maybe an explanation on why you can't pick flowers from somebody's garden, but PUNISHMENT?? No!

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2021 2:57 PM

R15 - it's public record. If you're gonna be all badass to try and convict a 6 year old, your identity should be public and known.

It's not doxxing in the traditional sense.

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote] should be named, shamed and censored.

You want to stop them from speaking?

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2021 3:02 PM

If I were a rube, I'd say "Oh this is terrible - children shouldn't be criminally responsible for anything. There should just be counseling for child murderers, like for those James Bulger boys."

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2021 3:08 PM

That article was a mess that failed to address the most pressing issue, how did this end up before a court of law? The cop really took this up as a finagle offense? The homeowners did nothing or were so butt hurt about t black boy terrorizing their flowers that they said, “Yeah, throw the book at him”? The prosecutor went so far as to actually pressing charges against a 6 year old, which meant getting a public defender? What in the hell is wrong with these people and that state?

At no point until his fucking trial did any adult put a stop to this overreaction to a damn flower?

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2021 4:45 PM

America, you do you.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2021 4:58 PM

The age of criminal responsibility should be 18 when people become legally adults, otherwise they are just kids who should have been better supervised.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2021 5:05 PM

The parents should be enforcing the law.

But if the parents are absent or incompetent, the judicial system acts 'in loco parentis'.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2021 5:07 PM

The human brain isn’t even fully developed until your 20s.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2021 5:09 PM

Only 7% Hispanic/Latino children? Why isn't law enforcement out harassing more brown kids?

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2021 5:12 PM

I grew up in NC and once picked a neighbors daffodils for my mother When my mother called the neighbor to apologize she was told, “That boy can pick all the flowers he wants”. Who could punish a child for picking a flower!

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2021 5:14 PM

WTF is wrong with America?

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] “That boy can pick all the flowers he wants”.

He should use scissors to cut the stems carefully. He mustn't yank them out and expose the roots and damage the whole garden bed.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2021 5:35 PM

When I was a child in tne 70s, I picked roses.from a neighbors garden on my way home from school. The owner pitched a huge fit so my father melted a huge pot of butter and went to his yard and poured it over the roses that remained. It was a simpler time.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2021 6:33 PM

If it’s a cop that police officer needs to be named and kicked off the force before he kills someone. Their entire record of arrests needs to be picked over with a fine tooth comb

by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2021 6:43 PM

It starts with a tulip and next thing you know he's knocking over a convenience store, with an armed Dana Plato at his side!

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2021 6:50 PM

Those responsible for subjecting this child to this over a fucking tulip should be brought before the public and severely questioned.

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2021 6:59 PM

Not surprised. North Carolina is a racist backwards shithole full of stupid people. Don’t know why anyone would voluntarily live there.

by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2021 7:03 PM

[quote]I grew up in NC and once picked a neighbors daffodils for my mother When my mother called the neighbor to apologize she was told, “That boy can pick all the flowers he wants”. Who could punish a child for picking a flower!

That’s nice and all, but if you had been black the story probably would have been different. Let’s be honest.

by Anonymousreply 35March 22, 2021 7:06 PM

R29 And he should cut them at an angle.

by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2021 7:07 PM

That child needs to learn some respect! 20 to life should help! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2021 7:08 PM

Any information on who the home owner is, and whether they were the one who called the police? I'm not generally a fan of trial by Internet, but I'll make an exception here.

by Anonymousreply 38March 22, 2021 7:18 PM

I don't agree with the "it's just a flower" or the person's dad that ruined the neighbor's roses because they kept ruining them -- sorry, your daddy was the asshole there... but obviously I don't agree with pressing criminal charges on a damn 6 yr old either. They can't get away with it justifying this as a learning lesson because he's sitting there oblivious... you know... since he's fucking 6!

There shouldn't even be any type of court system for children under 10. Those responsible really need to be shamed. Doing this (with the current climate too!?) shows some real level of stupid and pathetic. It's racist, rotten, and unexcusable.

by Anonymousreply 39March 22, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote]'in loco parentis'.

Is that like a crazy mama?

by Anonymousreply 40March 22, 2021 7:29 PM

R27’s neighbor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 22, 2021 7:30 PM

Reminds me of the time one of my crazy aunts went ballistic when a younger cousin broke one rose off her rose bush to give to his mom. I'll never forget her meltdown, I was about 7-8, even I realized her outburst over a stupid flower was completely unhinged. She wasn't growing the roses for any competition or anything important. They were in front of her brownstone in Brooklyn, anyone could have taken her roses.

My younger cousin who took the rose wasn't a malicious person. These days, he's actually a great guy, he's always helps family members with repairs and is always there for them. He was just a kid thinking his mom would like the rose.

I remember my father just laughing at my aunt, telling her, the outburst was a bit much over a rose. We later found out my aunt was so unhinged because one of her children died of rare illness as a toddler. As a small child, this wasn't something my parents would have told me. Seems my 'crazy' aunt couldn't deal with other peoples kids being happy and alive! I always wondered why she was so bitter and angry.

by Anonymousreply 42March 22, 2021 7:31 PM

I half expected most Dataloungers to justify this act of state/systemic racism

by Anonymousreply 43March 22, 2021 7:38 PM

Mom was supposed to be there too I guess, but couldn't, so it was completely dismissed. I still don't understand arresting children though, even if parents are supposed to go as well. I never knew this was even a thing, but I guess almost 2,000 kids are arrested per day in the US!!?

As much as I adore my gardens/ flowers and would want to (in my mind) choke a kid for picking them, I wouldn't have the heart to ever go as far as getting them arrested. I don't think that's something that would even cross my mind. If anything, a problem like this should have been handled between the adults only.

The way I see it is that if you can be liable for a pets behavior, why not your kid?

by Anonymousreply 44March 22, 2021 7:42 PM

Has the property owner been identified? He or she is probably the one who wanted to press charges.

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2021 7:44 PM

[quote]The age of criminal responsibility should be 18 when people become legally adults, otherwise they are just kids who should have been better supervised.

You think this is true for Jon Venables or Adam Laboucan? They both killed other children when they were 10 and 11, and later went on to perpetrate more crimes against children as adult men.

Recently in Nashville a nurse was murdered on the interstate by a 21 year old man. Previously this guy had shot up his own family— grandmother, 12 yo sister, 6 yo nephew- when he was 16. Should he have been better supervised?

This case is different. This poor little boy should’ve been nowhere near a courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 46March 22, 2021 7:47 PM

Yeah R46 there's definitely those under 18 that need legal intervention, because not all of them are just out picking some flowers. Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This situation is definitely a good example of the problems with extremes in the US. It seems to be a chronic theme when it comes to the system. Probably was intended to be used mostly for older, truly troubled children (with 6 yr olds being extremely rare), but racism and stupidity took over, as always.

by Anonymousreply 47March 22, 2021 8:03 PM

Fortunately the judge in this case caught the legal nonsense and threw it out of court.

The reasoning of why the case has to go on the kid's record is nutz.

by Anonymousreply 48March 22, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote] Can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Well let’s not be too hasty now.

by Anonymousreply 49March 22, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]Any information on who the home owner is, and whether they were the one who called the police?

It was Marjorie Taylor Greene.

by Anonymousreply 50March 22, 2021 8:45 PM

The little monster shoulda kept his dirty little hands to himself. You don't touch other people's property. Who raised that boy!!!??

by Anonymousreply 51March 22, 2021 8:59 PM

[quote]How much money is this process costing the state of NC, and what trials of far more serious crimes are being delayed?

There's a certain element in US society for whom the deterrent force to keep blacks in their place is perfectly cost-effective.

by Anonymousreply 52March 22, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote] There's a certain element in US society for whom the deterrent force to keep blacks in their place is perfectly cost-effective.

Not for much longer. The taxpayers of Minneapolis probably don't believe that $27 million is "cost-effective." NC's karma is coming.

by Anonymousreply 53March 22, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]That article was a mess that failed to address the most pressing issue, how did this end up before a court of law?

If you have to ask that question then you've missed out on the past few decades.

I'm still upset thinking about that 14 year old black boy, who missed his bus and had to walk to school, having a gun pulled and being shot at by a home owner when he was lost and knocked on a person's door to ask directions. First one of them accused him of trying to break in. The other shot at him and then he ran away and cried. (The video evidence backed up his story and the man who shot at him was arrested.)

Or that 15 year old black girl, who had a cop kneel on her body after he had pulled a gun on a bunch of unarmed kids who were literally wearing swimsuits, because they were "trespassing" and swimming in a pool with her friends that she apparently weren't allowed to. (And yes! That cop had a history of issues that the department tried to conceal. He resigned and the girl and other kids won a civil lawsuit. And there were no charges filed against any of the kids for being at that pool.)

Or that 6 year old black girl that threw a tantrum in class and rather than send her to detention or get her parents in there, the school let someone arrest her and put her in handcuffs. Her parents didn't know until she had been fingerprinted and had her mugshot taken. (And yes that cop had a whole history of issues. Also it's illegal to do that in Florida.)

by Anonymousreply 54March 22, 2021 9:16 PM

You're fucked America.

The arresting police officer, the DA, needs to be named. Absolutely unacceptable. Jesus Christ, who thought that this kid was above the age of responsibility, and able to provide his lawyer with meaningful directions.

by Anonymousreply 55March 22, 2021 9:31 PM

We aren't fucked r55 if we stay on these asshole's necks. I'm going to check on Twiiter. They always get to the botot of shit.

by Anonymousreply 56March 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Six is little more than a baby - but then some states have sent 12-year-olds to adult prison with no parole before. The so-called justice system in this country is beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2021 9:42 PM

How this even made it into the judicial branch is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 58March 22, 2021 9:42 PM

There is no mention of 'the parents' or 'the parent'.

Is this child an orphan?

by Anonymousreply 59March 22, 2021 10:23 PM

This child's father used police to help in teaching the child right from wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2021 10:27 PM

He will soon move to NYC and know that he can carry a gun or knife and there is no stop and frisk law to prevent him from any criminal actions. He will also see that if he is ever arrested he will be processed and back on the streets on the same day due to no cash bail. He should start wearing a DeBlasio t-shirt to elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2021 10:29 PM

It's the parent's job to teach right from wrong.

Where are the parents?

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2021 10:38 PM

The cost of tulips

" The Tulip's price depends on the variety (rare or common), and grade (stem length). There are a few different "classifications" of Tulips. Standard, Double, Parrot, and 'French'. French Tulips are the extra long and large headed varieties.

"We will assume that the pricing is for peak season (lowest price). These prices are approximate retail prices.

"Standard Tulips - as low as $1.00 per stem. However, many florists will run a "cash and carry" special, selling them for as low as $6.95 per dozen. Special orders of specific colors for weddings may retail as high as $3.50 per stem.

"Double Tulips (similar to a standard tulip, but with a double petal growth pattern) - about $2.00 per stem.

"Parrot Tulips (ruffled or serrated edges with swirly multi-color patterns) - about $2.00 - $3.00 per stem.

"French Tulips (large headed, long stemmed) - about $4.50 per stem, but can be as much as $7.50 per stem.

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2021 10:48 PM

I talked to my mom about this case, she said that the mother might have been instructed that if she was not present it would instantly be dismissed. I'm not sure if that was the reason for her absence but it worked. Not on to much larger issues like how did this even get to the point of law enforcement, lawyers, and a judge

by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2021 10:51 PM

Fucking ridiculous. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2021 11:21 PM

Absent parents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2021 11:23 PM

Absent fathers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2021 11:26 PM

I expect nothing less from shithole North Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 22, 2021 11:28 PM

More of backwards shithole North Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2021 11:28 PM

The parent probably had to go to work and dropped the boy off to get on the bus. Which is common.

That’s not what should be taken out of this story, though.

by Anonymousreply 70March 22, 2021 11:29 PM

North Carolina is full of racist fucking trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 22, 2021 11:30 PM

R70 Was that parent at the courthouse?

by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2021 11:32 PM

Aw, this is sad.

Had I been the cop called I would have investigated who made the call and made sure the boy wasn't harrassed.

Then I would shit on their other flowers. Seriously though, people can be so mean.

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2021 11:33 PM

[quote] Then I would shit on their other flowers.

Don't forget to video it for Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2021 11:37 PM

WTF did I just read? What the actual fuck.

If the homeowner pressed charges, a grease fire for that garden immediately. Throw in the officer for even entertaining this shit.

What.The.Actual.Fuck

by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2021 11:43 PM

This woman will make change because she says many kids are accused of inappropriate sexual conduct with other children.

The current process can get them help to prevent more victims and troubled lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2021 11:48 PM

I want to know who is responsible for putting this child in court and I want to know now!

by Anonymousreply 77March 23, 2021 7:12 AM

What a lucky boy. Times are a’ changin’

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2021 7:17 AM

I think it is okay. Gotta prepare the black kids for jail when they were young. Just think of it as prison prep course. When they get older, they will be more prepare for a life behind bar.

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2021 7:22 AM

R79 Somebody should have prepared you for English.

by Anonymousreply 80March 23, 2021 7:24 AM

Barbara Bush @ R79, what happened to your English skills after death? Have you been hanging out with low-class trash like Nancy Reagan in hell?

by Anonymousreply 81March 23, 2021 9:08 AM

Who are these people on this thread talking about absent parents and that the parents have to do better? He took a fucking tulip, not 30 lbs of cocaine. Who the fuck are you people?

by Anonymousreply 82March 23, 2021 9:34 AM

If everyone who ever picked a flower out of my yard had been sent to jail, the population there would have exceeded Sing Sing. This is ridiculous. If it's an offense to the houseowner, he or she should come outside, and say, 'Hi young man, next time ask me if you'd like a flower from my yard and I'll point out some for you to pick".

by Anonymousreply 83March 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Kid should have known how to play the piano. White people are suckers for little black boys who can play the piano.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 23, 2021 11:03 AM

We’ve been inundated with racist trash from all over including the shithole country of Russia, known for being full of drunks and whores. I laugh at them because their dark, demonic souls is something they have to live with.

by Anonymousreply 85March 23, 2021 11:16 AM

I've blocked all of the racist trash, thank god.

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2021 11:21 AM

The racists try to be shocking but end of just giving us laughs. Try too hard.

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2021 11:25 AM

R75, the officer does not have the legal right to make that call. It isn't fair to blame the police officer. The police are required to enforce the law. They don't get to pick and choose what law they want to enforce. They can try to lead the person away from pressing charges, but if the person insists on pressing charges, the police have their hands tied. Look at it from the other point of view. Would you really want the police to be the ones to decide if *you* have the right to press charges?

The problem is a law that expects a six-year-old to act like an adult. The law needs to be changed ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2021 11:28 AM

[quote] It isn't fair to blame the police officer. The police are required to enforce the law. They don't get to pick and choose what law they want to enforce

LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2021 12:07 PM

R81 I just grow up from a black neighborhood

by Anonymousreply 90March 23, 2021 12:21 PM

From OP's linked article:

[italic]Another criticism of the juvenile justice system is that it disproportionately affects young children of color. "When a cop picks up a white boy, he takes him to his parents," said Mary Stansell, juvenile chief at the Wake County Public Defender's Office. "But if he is black, he takes him to the state."[/italic]

And that's what it's all about. Racism. This situation is some crazy shit and completely crosses the line of human decency and reasonableness. Appalling.

by Anonymousreply 91March 23, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote] and know that he can carry a gun or knife and there is no stop and frisk law to prevent him

You really don’t understand how laws work, do you?

by Anonymousreply 92March 23, 2021 2:10 PM

What do you expect from the state that elected Madison Cawthorn? North Carolina is backwards.

by Anonymousreply 93March 23, 2021 2:31 PM

R90 You disgusting, rancid, pustule-ridden racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 94March 23, 2021 3:14 PM

R82, racist, gay trash who think everything is just so pc, but tell a gay joke and these are the first assholes to want you fired or killed for it.

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2021 3:27 PM

This is such weird behaviour. That’s the risk of growing flowers, innocent children might pick them. I grow flowers and I don’t keep my orchids out the front with good reason. I have some rosemary bushes that neighbours break sprigs off and a large lemon tree as well.

My grandmother planted a row of peach trees and apple trees by the roadside large for the neighbourhood kids to come and pick and eat and hit with sticks to see the fruit fall and generally play with

by Anonymousreply 96March 23, 2021 3:29 PM

^^MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 97March 23, 2021 3:38 PM

R96 So your grandmother encouraged theft?

She was an enabler?

by Anonymousreply 98March 23, 2021 10:02 PM

[quote] …the juvenile justice system is that it disproportionately affects young children of color. "When a cop picks up a white boy, he takes him to his parents," … "But if he is black, he takes him to the state."

This quote from the article points out the problem is the absent (and or incompetent) parents.

by Anonymousreply 99March 23, 2021 10:15 PM

R88, police officers have total discretion as to who they arrest and when. The problem started with the police officer, who was not obligated to intervene in any way.

by Anonymousreply 100March 23, 2021 11:06 PM

Is R88 a parody? Is that a real person posting that ridiculous copaganda??? Police most certainly do display a humungous range of entirely personal discretion all the fucking time.

Good god we have some real brainwashed cop lovers here. 6 year old get arrested because we're trained to treat cops like gods.

by Anonymousreply 101March 23, 2021 11:09 PM

So small minded and petty. What a waste of time. Whoever thought this should proceed to court is a nutter!!

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2021 1:48 AM

Crap like this is why blacks say they're over-policed.

by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2021 2:39 AM

Update?

by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2021 6:03 AM

Update?

Names?

And some corroborating evidence that this child actually exists.

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2021 6:19 AM

[quote] What a waste of time.

And money and resources.

by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]Crap like this is proof that blacks are over-policed in every facet of life.

Fixed that for you, R103

by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2021 3:47 PM

How is this child now?

How are the tulips now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 25, 2021 10:54 PM

Where are the parents?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2021 11:52 PM

Hmm, R109. Let's check in one one of Ben Domenech's parents - his crooked father.

I'm not defending those girls. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of somebody like Ben Domenech born in the lap of luxury who doesn't demand his own family follow the standards he sets for others - his family including his late father-in-law who promoted the war crime invasion of Iraq- and just can't wait to point fingers at infinitely less privileged individuals much, much lower on the socio-economic scale. thanks to institutionalized racism and the educational and social responsibility neglect it spreads, then he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 28, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote] I'm not defending those girls.

Why not? Those girls are much more pertinent to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 111March 28, 2021 2:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!