Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Magic Mushrooms Part 2

Let's keep the love going.

Part 1 below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Has anyone increased their regular dosage? Why did you increase your dosage?

I started doing .1 grams every three days (Fadiman protocol), but after three weeks, I no longer felt as "elevated" as I had after my first week of doses.

I'll probably stop for a couple of months after another few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2021 4:33 PM

I did. I started at 100mg, three days on/three days off, but now I’m doing 250mg five days a week. It’s great!

I feel lifted but never high...just happy and focused, and generally more optimistic than I have been for the last few years, like I’ve been more in touch with the original me that had become so grumpy due to one thing or another.

I am working up to a trip, but slowly. I want to wait until the world has settled down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2021 5:10 PM

I started at 100mgs for about three weeks doing four days on, three off. Then went to 200mgs with same cycle. I'm at 250 a day now and microdose each weekday morning. I'm perfect at this dose, and haven't felt any "wearing off" after about two months of the 250.

I'm planning a hallucinogenic trip around Mushie's recommended 500mg (I'm going with 550) with two friends and a "sober friend" next weekend.

The microdosing has done more for me since early December than 15 years of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Ambien, Zoloft and Cybalta combined.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2021 11:23 PM

Back in October I started at 100mg, three days on, two off. In the past two weeks, I've upped it to 200mg here and there. I'm not sure if I should stick to a dose or if there's any benefit to alternating between 100 and 200.

Skipping a few days is essential though. Someone in the other thread mentioned reduced compulsivity and I couldn't describe the experience better.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2021 11:26 AM

Hi mushie. I'm outside CO, but could travel to the Northwestern half (Denver area).

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2021 1:26 PM

I have an addictive personality, so I am a bit afraid, but I have to have relief from this depression. I have tried all of the antidepressants, to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2021 10:08 PM

I don’t think you will become addicted to this....it’s not really that kind of drug. The effects at low levels are subtle and I doubt anyone would really want or be able to trip all day, every day. I feel much more confident endorsing mushrooms than I would almost any other kind of drug - prescription, illegal or otherwise, based on my own experience.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2021 10:43 PM

I sometimes wonder if we'll look back at SSRIs as some type of barbaric treatment. I got fat on them, lost my libido on them, feel like a human dial tone on them, and at best just don't give a damn on them. And once you're weaned off of them, all the same bullshit comes right back.

Microdosing has me feeling emotionally better than I have in decades. There's no "high" or trippiness at all. Just a mellow feeling of clearing the cache and being able to deal with everything a little better. It's not a "drug" to me.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote] microdosing has done more for me since early December than 15 years of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Ambien, Zoloft and Cybalta combined.

I suspect long-term use of these SSRIs/SNRIs permanently fucks up your brain receptors too. Just my nonmedical opinion based off my own experience.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2021 11:38 PM

Agreed, R9. I feel like I lost a huge chunk of myself after years on them. Some of it could simply be age, but I don't get upset or elated about anything, and I mean anything, anymore.

The microdosing brought on a sense of ease and contentment, and a lot of gratitude. I would have started these in the seventies had I known.

I like the idea that many others have had here of working my way up to a trip. I did a couple of trips in the eighties and they were spectacular. One day I walked all over NYC with my boyfriend and it was one of the best days of my life.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2021 1:01 AM

Ive been buying them off the dark web for the past 5 or so years. If you can figure out how to use it, its much more reliable than having to find someone who sells shrooms. Very fun to do in nature with friends.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2021 2:59 AM

This is where I will be on May 1st. Mushfest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2021 2:13 PM

Dang, I’m jealous! I don’t think NYC would even entertain the thought of a mushroom fest...

😊

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2021 1:07 AM

Glad this wonderful thread continues!

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2021 1:33 AM

Finally, success! Had almost given up. It took about 8 weeks for my inoculated jars to become fully colonized, but then I had to leave town for over a week, which posed a dilemma: to let them start fruiting without being around to spray them, or keep them in the dark as they were, possibly letting them overgrow.

Per Mushie's advice, I keep the jars in the dark. When returned home, it had been 36 days, not 2 weeks as some mentioned. Did a "dunk N' roll" to saturate the cakes with water, then placed them in a terrarium on top of a platter on a bowl full of porous rocks with water for humidity. An aquarium heater submerged in the water was set at about 75 degrees. Set in indirect light. After 2 weeks, I gave up, but did not disturb them.

Now, about 3 weeks later, they are fruiting! Little guys with blue halos around the caps. Learned about patience... and letting go...

Will read in my Psylosybin Bible about when and how to harvest and dry "the first crop" next, along with re-fruiting cycles.

An observation: the shrooms are all growing from under or from the sides, then up towards the light. Wondering if I should re-orient the cakes so that the pinheads point directly into the light?

This is so exciting. Thanks to all on this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2021 3:52 AM

Hey everybody. Last week I reached out to one of the places mentioned in the past thread but didn't receive any response. The website said they were sold out so maybe there's nothing to be done. Only other site I saw was Canadian which I'm leery of ordering from. Any other recs out there for the US?

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2021 2:12 PM

R26, so sorry....I’ve only used the Canadian place but I’ve done it several times without any issues at all.

R15...isn’t it SO EXCITING???? I can’t believe how thrilling it is to see them growing. You definitely put in the work and kept the faith...I’m so happy for you!

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2021 2:38 PM

R15, Lotionman, that's great! I just started clapping in my living room alone. They pulled through for you!

They really teach you patience, don't they? And so well worth the wait. Rule of thumb: if you're not seeing any contamination, as long as you're seeing SOMETHING, just let them do their thing.

You don't need to reorient them toward the light. They'll grow naturally that way and it's best to leave them alone to do their thing. If you'd like to experiment, go ahead and move a couple--I think you'll find it doesn't make much difference. But I always encourage a little tinkering to get your confidence up.

Really happy for you tonight!

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2021 6:11 AM

Thank you so much, Mushie (et. al), I've learned some on my own but much more from you. I can only sporadically (lol) post to threads, but I wanted to note that for those wondering about ordering additional spores - unless you'd like a different variety - look into spore printing. It's very easy & guarantees more grows in the future without additional ordering online. Also, walmart carries Sterlite containers with clear lids if Ikea's too far or too expensive to ship.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2021 2:58 PM

Congratulations, R18! Would love to take your word for it, but I'm afraid you must provide samples for us to eat and judge for ourselves! 😎😆

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2021 3:49 PM

R19, glad you brought up spore printing. It's the next logical step in running your own show. Ordering syringes online can be hit or miss, even from the most reputable shops. Temperature, handling, age of spores, all come into play. Doing your own prints and syringes, in my experiences, allows you to control for potency and cost.

Once you have a first thrush, you can start printing your own for future use.

This is a good primer. It doesn't go much into the syringe loading, but gives you a good idea of the first collection step.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2021 5:29 PM

As we're starting to get a little deeper into it . . .

For those interested, there's a popular "stack" of microdosing called Stamet's Stack (after Paul, the famous mycologist/godfather of shrooms). It's essentially Niacin + Lion's Mane + psilocybin. People, including me, swear by it. You can read the jist of it at the link. If you're interested in the chemistry/nootropics, watch his full-length YT video. And while I'm not a Joe Rogan fan, Stamets on his show is extraordinarily educational yet plain=spoken and a great endorsement for the benefits of mushrooms in general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2021 6:08 AM

Mine just arrived and I took my very first one. The package had "button 🔘" printed on it. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2021 4:28 PM

Congrats! Was it from Canada?

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2021 8:05 PM

Yes. I took it this morning and so far haven't noticed a difference. Tbh, I am really wanting to take two tomorrow, but that isn't the purpose of low dose capsules. But I am tempted, 😄

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2021 11:35 PM

A most intriguing and informative thread -- found this by way of the ayahuasca thread.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2021 12:03 AM

For those of you just joining us, tons of info in the first thread. Lots of must-read personal accounts, experiences, growing advice, and camerederie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2021 12:51 AM

Thank you for sharing the link about the Stack, Mushie. I am very curious...I actually started taking the Stamets immunity booster supplement a while back, as it happens. The only thing I wonder about is the niacin. I have rosacea and I’m not sure what that “flush” might unleash but I’m probably going to try it anyway, haha!

I loathe Joe Rogan but will make an exception for this. I also once listened to a show of his about the sensory deprivation tank that was pretty interesting.

I finally got rid of my original mushroom boxes but the new ones are already starting to pin. One annoying thing is that there seem to be a lot of little gnats flying around now and I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of them without harming the mushrooms...any ideas?

Also, definitely going to try the logs! I have a spot on my deck all ready!

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2021 3:23 AM

Closet at R28, those damn gnats drive me nuts. They're inevitable as we warm up to spring/summer. Here's a few killswitches that have worked for me.

The "gnatstix" at the link below work wonders.

If you ever run out of those or are awaiting their arrival, jar or cap lids strategically placed between your pins filled with wine or apple cider vinegar drown them. They love red wine and even some glasses of the cheap stuff placed around your bins can do the trick.

I have even known people to use small vacuums to suck them out and away.

They lay eggs in the mycelium and look like little wiggly rice grains. If I ever see them, I tweeze them away. Besides being gross, they don't do much harm to the shrooms unless you have a real infestation. They nibble on the gills mostly and turn the shroom brown and leathery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2021 4:49 AM

That’s funny because I ordered the same exact GnatStix a little while ago when I got my niacin/lion’s mane! 😂😂😂 I should get them in a few days but have cider vinegar that I will set up tomorrow. I knew you’d know what to do! 😊

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2021 4:56 AM

I just came over from the Ayuhuasca thread. This is like the DL of yore, the halcyon days of helpful people and kind strangers with appropriate tinges of weirdness and humor. This deserves some kind of medal for not letting anyone derail or devolve the threads. I feel like I know you all and am here for it all.

by Anonymousreply 31April 1, 2021 10:51 PM

R31- Same. 😘 And love to all.

by Anonymousreply 32April 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Yep. The genuine good vibes are palpable through my phone, I swear. And everyone is sincerely working and helping, with only good intentions. I have learned so much here that I know I will use for the rest of my life.

It would be hard to disrupt the thread because no one in it is interested in anything other than the topic we’re discussing. It’s fantastic! And both threads are worth reading in full.

by Anonymousreply 33April 2, 2021 12:40 AM

Is microdosing for you all a solitary undertaking? I've read posts about macrodosing with friends, but for the day to day microdosing, it's been a solo undertaking for me. I even kept mum about it for a month, so I could experience it without describing it until I had some good weeks under my belt.

I'm different! It's working! The pandemic was the right time, too. I started in October and it became a project I could have running in the background.

by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2021 10:40 AM

I am also a solo microdoser, although I have suggested it to people I thought might benefit. My partner has no interest although he is a stalwart supporter of all my enthusiasms and is amused by my continual efforts to “expand my mind.” 😂😂😂 I was in a rut for a couple of years and this has made a huge difference, even though my initial interest was more in tripping. I still plan on doing that and have grown enough of my own now to do it repeatedly 😀, but microdosing has been SO rewarding and helpful, and I definitely plan on continuing to do it forever. I’ve also benefited immensely from learning to grow these beautiful “helpers” in my closet...it’s brought them very close to a sacrament to me, as strange as it may sound.

I think I fully felt it after about a month. Like you, I started in the fall and gradually went from 100mg to 250mg for my five days a week dose. Now I can’t imagine life without it. 😊

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2021 3:58 PM

Just took my first dose of homegrown shrooms 30minutes ago. Harvested my first small flush a few days ago. Yield was 50g fresh/wet. Dried them in the sun, chopped them up finely, and ingested one-tenth of the yield; about 500mg dried. Planning on taking another 500mg in about an hour unless I feel unwell. Perhaps should have taken them tomorrow morning on an empty stomach, but didn't have anything else to do tonight.

I am seeking a full, hallucinogenic trip and perhaps should have taken much more, but because it's been so long, am being cautious. And to think that I used to just munch on half a baggie of "things" that I'd gotten from a "friend" who got them from a stranger, who got them from a stranger at a concert, who got them from...? in 1978.

If there's anything worth reporting, I'll check back in later.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2021 1:52 AM

Lotionman — how did it turn out? I’m so curious to hear!

The second boxes already have some decent sized mushrooms after about a week...photo here, complete with GnatStix. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2021 2:09 PM

Lotionman, how did it go? Did you end up taking the second 500mg dose? Interested to know how it went for you.

Closet, very impressive! Did you switch up your spores this time? Your pins look KS?

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2021 4:14 PM

YES THEY ARE!!! Haha, you have a good eye, Mushie! I tried a couple of different strains. Believe it or not, I sprayed them Friday night, left the house and returned yesterday and had to harvest about a dozen, even though when I left there was just one bigger one and it wasn’t quite ready. They are SO FAST.

I have a question about the logs. I brought some home from a tree that was cut down and want to understand how I can impregnate the dowels with the spores. Do I just poke the needle into the dowel itself? I saw other videos involving sawdust but they were using pre-populated sawdust of culinary strains. Is there a way to do that with my own spores? Frankly think the dowels looks easier but not sure how it works and the video did not explain that part.

I’ll put up more pics in a little while. 😊

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2021 5:19 PM

These all grew from very small mushrooms to maturity since yesterday evening. I bet if you watched you could see them growing...it’s THAT fast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2021 6:07 PM

Have been taking 100mg caps for almost two weeks. Just ordered 350mg. I am fucking depressed so I am slamming my foot on the accelerator and speeding this thing up.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2021 1:25 PM

^ Has the 100mg helped at all? Do they make you feel any different?

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2021 2:08 PM

Speaking as someone who has been microdosing for several months, for the first time after reading this thread, it took about a month, I would say, to really feel it.

The effects are subtle but unmistakable, especially at that low dose. It’s not like your problems suddenly disappear, but that you accept things more readily and therefore are better prepared to deal with them. This brings a sense of contentment. And the longer I do it, the more entrenched this positive mindset sets in.

I did end up raising it gradually based on recommendations here and set a schedule. Just try to be patient because it could take some time.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2021 2:19 PM

Thank you. Maybe I am just wanting a little trip. So I took 300mg today. I will go back to 200mg every other day. I am staring to get some insight into my flaws, but in an almost detached, analytical way. Such as impatience, 😆.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2021 2:37 PM

I was going to use the word detached but didn’t because I didn’t want it to sound like a negative thing, but yeah...much more objective and less emo about whatever is bothering me. And therefore, better equipped to keep things in perspective and let go of the things I can’t change anyway. Just in a much better frame of mind and a lot more like I was before various troubles beset me.

I’m trying the “stack” mentioned above...it’s like my skin is on fire right now, haha!

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2021 2:43 PM

Yes, I totally agree with you that feeling detached is a very good thing for me. In the past I have been crippled with guilt and self loathing over these flaws. It is very difficult to explain, but this is much healthier.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2021 2:50 PM

Detachment is what meditation is supposed to create too. That Buddhist idea of accepting that life is suffering while simultaneously letting it go. They say all suffering comes from wishing things were different than they are rather than accepting reality, so being able to have less emotional attachment to things (including your own self perceived flaws and whatnot) is going make them much easier to let go.

Btw, I don’t think lack of attachment means not caring about things, not at all. It has more to do with recognizing that you don’t always control the outcomes in life and may need to learn to appreciate what is rather than chase what isn’t. I think microdosing has really helped in that way.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2021 2:56 PM

I'm 6'2, weigh 210 and upped my dosage to 300mgs a day and feel fantastic. The 250 was good for me for about three months then I decided to go up to see what happened it was perfect, I went from good to great.

Agree with what others are saying about the detachment. The dosing gives me enough separation to see things a little more objectively and get some perspective. Issues that felt like five-alarm issues become a one-alarm issue.

My catastrophizing has stopped. The constant grind of worry and ruminating has eased a lot.

I've been ordering from the Canadian site but am going to try growing my own. This thread has given me confidence that I can do it myself.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Closet Farmer, remind me which state you're in? NY?

Depending on your answer, I'll get some dowel shipping resources for you. You can buy them inoculated, which is preferable. If you don't like the looks of the sites I send, I can walk you through inoculating your own. Not difficult, just tedious.

Wish I could send a bunch to you; I have about 500 dowels filled with B+!

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2021 6:24 PM

Closet, while I'm online and thinking about it, here's my quick and simple dowel (you'll see this called "spawn plug") method.

1.5 x 3/8 5/16th birch fluted or spiral plugs (just make certain they're birch)

Soak over night in hot tap water with a dash of gypsum.

Bring to simmer then dump on a screen to drain for a few hours.

Load into jars (you can also use bags but jars are better for eradicating contams). Stack some dowels, add in some of your inoculated mycelium from your bins, then a few more dowels on top), seal jar. Do this in a sterile environment.

Place jars in dark, quiet place and allow2-3weeks colonization.

When they're webby and covered in mycelium, immediately drill the plugs into your logs, hammer in the plugs, and seal with wax.

Depending on what you want to grow, be sure your log responds well to that variety (nearly all B+ love birch, Lion's Mane loves maple, etc). SOAK YOUR LOGS for 48 hours before you hammer in your plugs. This is something I learned on my own and greatly aids/speeds the process.

You'll have many more questions, but here's a quick YT video as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2021 7:05 PM

[r3] May I ask, were you still taking one of the anti-depressant meds when you began micro-dosing? I ask because I would like to try micro-dosing, but I'm currently taking Paxil, and I've read that one should not try micro-dosing if one is on a so-called SSRI like Paxil. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2021 7:13 PM

My partner and I were on the brink of divorce last summer/fall. Nothing precipitous had happened, we were just on each other about dinky shit all the time. Tiny resentments added up and during the quarantine, I thought there were days we'd kill each other.

We started microdosing together after I found this thread. Actually, I started first and he thought I was an idiot. Then he noticed, about a month later, that I was acting totally different. Calmer, kinder, less intrusive. He started on the same cycle I did.

I'm not a woo-woo sentimental type, but microdosing together was a game changer for us. It was like a pin-prick to the balloon. Everything deflated and we're kind to one another again. Even took a few weekend trips recently and a new gratitude and patience has set in.

Glad to have found this community. I'd always heard about and been intrigued by microdosing but never would be in the place I'm in without this crew.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2021 7:32 PM

I'm currently waiting on my first shipment, these stories are encouraging and hope I have similar results

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2021 7:51 PM

R52 if you don’t mind what dosage and pattern (3 days on, 3 days off, etc.) did you both follow?

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2021 8:08 PM

Harvested about 50g wet weight from my first flush, then dried them. According to my text book, dry weight is about 10% of wet weight, but my kitchen scale cannot measure anything below 1g.

My trip was fantastic. Took 500mg, waited and hour, then took another 500mg. An hour later, I finally felt the hallucinogenic effects I was hoping for, albeit much milder than the trips I experienced in my youth. Same sense of interconectedness, connection to nature, detachment from past traumas and resentments, and a profound sense of the present. It peaked at hour 3 and overall lasted 4-5 hours. Going to up the dose to 1500mg next time, and dose during the day on an empty stomach.

Hoping to experience this with my long-distance partner who will be visiting soon and who has struggled with the depression, anxieties, past resentments, and addictions that many of us here are familiar with.

Am working on the second flush and have inoculated more jars for scale-up. Have been growing the "Golden Teacher" strain and am wondering if anyone recommends others?

Thanks to all for sharing their inspiring experiences with growing and taking psilocybin, especially Mushie and Closet Farmer!

by Anonymousreply 55April 7, 2021 2:24 AM

Hey R54, R52 here. We do four days on, three days off.

I take 250mgs daily and my partner takes 200. I'm bigger than he is by about 45 pounds, not sure if that matters, but we both found those doses to be our sweet spots. I kept going up 50mgs every month, starting at 100, until I felt just right at 250. I don't really know how to explain it, I just knew it when I hit it.

I wanted to add here that our sex life has never been better. That connection/introspection/gratitude spreads to loved ones, too.

by Anonymousreply 56April 7, 2021 4:51 PM

Good morning, Lotion. I highly recommend Penis Envy next for you. Golden Teachers are perfect for beginner growers--they're generous and less finicky than some of their cousins. Penis Envy are consistently more potent than Goldens BUT are slow growers and have a lower yield.

When you're ready to dose PE, let's talk first. You'll want to dose half of what you think, it hits twice as hard as Goldens, and tends to be a more emotional trip. If you're wanting a heroic experience that gets into some ego death, PEs are the way to go. And you'll want to be in a very solid head space. They are divine and transformative but you want to be very respectful of their power.

So great your last trip went so well. I've been thinking about you and was hoping for the best. Sounds like it was a perfect ride.

by Anonymousreply 57April 7, 2021 5:04 PM

Hi everyone, Snacker here checking in. I have been following the threads periodically but I am not on my phone/DL nearly as much as I was before microdosing. I've been a DLER for 15 years, and the past 7 years very_intensively_, so this is a real switch. I'm busier now, doing things: yardwork, masturbating again finally, making money (not by masturbating), fostering dogs as always, but TAKING PART IN LIFE. I credit the microdosing-- what else can it be?

I am proud of you all. Such a great "journey" to take with you all.

FWIW, I started small 50-100 a few times a week during the day. I switched it up and started doing 250 BEFORE BED. I sleep like a rock and wake positive and completely refreshed. Ability to see the bigger picture, creativity coming back after a biblical drought (is there such a thing?). Occasionally, I have 350 (always at bedtime). A few consecutive days off here and there. Husband is 50, was very much turning into an old curmudgeon. He just had three this week and it's night and day in the disposition.

Things are going great. Love to you all.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2021 7:34 PM

By the way, I started just before Christmas, for a timeframe.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2021 7:46 PM

Aw...Lotionman! :) I would be nowhere without you all! I'm verklempt... I'm so jealous about your trip and can't wait to try it myself. And I'm so glad it turned out well.

Snacker actually just made a connection for me: I have been sleeping SO MUCH BETTER for the last month or two. I barely slept at all for the entire year before, but now I have no problem falling asleep and I don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I'm sure the microdosing is why.

Mushie, that would have been awesome - imagine dowels from the Mushfather! It's funny but one of the best things about DL is that it can be completely anonymous and there is no "cult of personality" (or not too much) unless people want it, but it's a nuisance when you want to exchange private info or something.

So while I was waiting to see what you suggested, I found this person online who sells the sterilized plugs with a inoculation hole of some kind. I think they would take me just about up to the part in your directions where you talk about loading in jars, although the sterilized dowels will not be wet at all. I guess what I'm asking is, could I just do the rest of the steps with the dowels as you wrote it - take mycelium from the boxes? Would I have to wet the dowels? Or should I order spores and use the innoculation ports. OR...can you give me those contacts for pre-populated dowels? I suspect that would make it easier and trust your recommendations as they have never yet steered me wrong. And yeah, I am in NY.

Also wondering about the wood. The tree was an oak, so what kind of spores are best, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2021 10:57 PM

Also wanted to say: R48, if I can grow them, I know anyone can. I am horrible with any kind of plants usually but after an initial false start, I really started to "get" it and you will too.

I'm not joking, growing them actually seems to add a connection of its own, and once I finish my capsules I doubt I will buy more as I can grow more than I will use. I filled an entire 2-quart jar with dried ones and my new boxes are really just in early days. You should definitely give it a shot!

by Anonymousreply 61April 7, 2021 11:03 PM

Hi Closet, sorry for the delay! So you asked: "I guess what I'm asking is, could I just do the rest of the steps with the dowels as you wrote it - take mycelium from the boxes? Would I have to wet the dowels?"

Yup, after you've soaked the dowels overnight, just follow the rest of my directions/video directions. I do think this is the best way to go for a beginner--ordering online and then doing the jar method. Ordering spores and inoculating the dowels yourself is a real pain in the butt mostly for the tedium and risk for contamination during such a long, tedious process.

What type of strain can you order? Oak works for nearly anything, but let me know and we'll get you situated.

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2021 4:03 AM

I loved the first thread & having trouble obtaining --- I think I could benefit greatly from low-dosing the 100 mg caps, and tried searching IG as recommended for purveyors, no response from the one I contacted - in US - there was a Canadian site that won't ship? Any hints for me?

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2021 4:45 AM

R51, Paxil shouldn’t be a problem. No SSRI should; the only contraindication is for MAOIs type anti-depressants. There’s a small chance of serotonin syndrome if you’re on one of those.

The only concern is that the SSRI may prevent the microdose from being as effective as it could be, and in that case you might find it necessary to take a higher dose: 150 or 200mg instead of 100, if you want to start out low.

I tried 100mg for a week or so (I can’t remember exactly how long now, this was back in late Jan/early Feb) and I felt a big difference almost immediately. Like, after the 2nd or 3rd day. I had a bit of difficulty at first because I was getting anxious after dosing, feeling like I had low blood sugar and needed to eat... didn’t feel particularly comfortable. I’m not sure what that was all about, but at the time I was also starting to taper off from kratom, which was a difficult process itself but one that I might not have been able to continue pursuing if it hadn’t been for the microdosing. Anyway, I quickly worked my way up to 200mg doses, and continued to feel great. Now, I feel better than ever, but a lot of that may have to do with being almost completely done with kratom (I’m on such a low dose of it now, there’s almost no point in maintaining it.)

My latest order was for 250mg capsules, because it was more economical. But I haven’t wanted to take a full capsule just yet, so I’ve been doing a bit of awkward partial emptying of the capsules to try to take ~200mg at a time. By the way, whoever said in the first thread that these shrooms “taste literally like shit” must not be a fan of mushrooms in general. They’re delicious!

Oh, I forgot the whole point of this reply. I’ve been on 100mg of Zoloft for over ten years. No issues, as I said the 100mg mushroom capsule was effective within the first week.

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2021 4:57 AM

What about cherry or peach wood?

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2021 6:05 AM

R63 - you can get the capsules from microdose nature dot com (don’t want to type the actual URL but you see what it is). They are from Canada but ship to the US and are very fast and reliable.

If you want spores to grow your own, it’s premium spores dot com. I tried one other place but this is the much better one.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2021 12:59 PM

Hi everyone!

Mushie, thank you! 😊 I can order any kind of spores and start new rice bags just for the plugs, or maybe even grow the mycelium right in the jars with a grain substrate and the dowels mixed in...? Would that work? And how exactly? I have been using the original Uncle Ben’s method linked early in the old thread because it’s idiot proof (well, mostly 😊) but I saw for sale those mason jar lids with an injection port and filter that basically do the same thing. I also read somewhere about just putting the soaked/drained dowels in a jar by themselves and dripping the spores over them through the port, but feel like it would just end up in the bottom without some medium around it to absorb it.

What spores should I try? So far I have grown five kinds successfully in the closet - B+, Penis Envy, Koh Samui, Mazatapec and Maui, all from Premium Spores. Right now the last three are in the boxes and already fruiting but I’m not sure I’d be able to extract any mycelium without disturbing them. I have all kinds of time and should probably start with new spores. 😊

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2021 1:42 PM

[R66] 1000 thanks! May all your dreams come true!

I will start with caps. I rec'd an oyster mushroom kit as a gift and it was wonderful, though I didn't get a second flush. I waited for a while, nothing. I took it outside & broke it up, smeared some of it on the trunk of a tree, put some of it in an aged weathered wooden box, and scattered the rest nearby on woodchip mulch. Last week I noticed oyster mushrooms growing on the mulch, so at some point I will try spores too.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2021 7:09 PM

I received my first spores on Friday. I ordered 2 syringes (for a backup). They charged me two but I only got one unfortunately. Wish me luck, because this is all way too anxiety-inducing to try again. Thanks to all those who have helped. I'll be relying on your wisdom through this process.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2021 6:41 PM

R69, I’m excited for you (and also for me, because I love reading the posts about people growing them). I was nervous too and my first attempt was in fact a failure, but once I got a sense of what was supposed to happen, I became more confident and like with most things, if you are confident you tend to be more successful. I can’t wait to hear what happens!

You should tell them you just got one syringe, though. What kind did you get?

by Anonymousreply 70April 12, 2021 4:14 AM

I'm curious also, r69

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2021 5:24 AM

I ordered capsules from the supplier mentioned up thread and it arrived in 13 calendar days including Easter. I'm not based in Canada or the US. Really pleased with the speed and discreet packaging. Just need to try it now!

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2021 11:24 AM

What is everyone's thoughts on this article?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 15, 2021 10:34 AM

For every miracle cure there are dozens that are overhyped, but in the end it’s my own experience that I trust most. I’m not easily convinced and have never been a regular user of any other substance (including alcohol) and I can say that, for myself, the effects are subtle but profound.

I’m not someone who is seeking a high or to be soothed all the time, but give me an opportunity to “expand my mind” or improve my thinking and I am THERE. Initially my interest was to trip from time to time, but that was before I understood that there was access to a supply to microdose (not like I know anyone who can get me drugs). This shitty time seemed like the perfect moment to see if/how it works. And now I plan to microdose for life (AND trip occasionally 😂) and thanks to everyone here learned how to grow a supply.to make it happen.

It’s something that is easy and safe to try, and just as easy to stop if you don’t like it. It’s not an addictive drug so there not anything to fear on that front.

by Anonymousreply 74April 15, 2021 1:29 PM

The writer of the Medium piece at R73 can suck it. Just filling a void (“there aren’t enough contrarian pieces about how helpful psychedelics are in treating depression!”).

by Anonymousreply 75April 15, 2021 6:19 PM

R75 again— read the comments on that Medium piece. What the dork Gideon wrote is untrue.

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2021 6:21 PM

The comments are great - everyone brought the facts. 😂

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2021 6:28 PM

For every article on Medium or any other self-publishing forum, there's some real science to counterbalance the fiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote]Rick Perry says he has "historically been a very anti-drug person."

[quote]But this legislative session he's supporting a bill that calls for a clinical study of psilocybin — the active ingredient in "magic mushrooms" — to treat PTSD in veterans. - Texas Tribune

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 16, 2021 3:42 AM

Hey Closet, seems like you can grow anything! You asked what type of spore to try next. Let me answer your question with a question . . . what kind of experience would you like to have? Something a little headier? More mellow? Something more difficult to grow just for the hell of it? Let me know what you're into and I can better guide you.

I've been out at a friend's cabin (morel hunting!) with spotty wifi. DL on mobile isn't a great experience and between that and spotty coverage, I feel I've missed a few questions from folks. Let me know if I've left anyone hanging!

Hope everyone is feeing some springtime rejuvenation and restoration. God knows we could all use a break.

by Anonymousreply 80April 16, 2021 8:13 PM

Just took a 2g dose of shrooms. This will be my first time tripping on psychedelics in my life.

Happy Bicycle Day, DLers!

by Anonymousreply 81April 19, 2021 9:05 PM

2 grams, wow.

Check in with us later, R81!!

by Anonymousreply 82April 19, 2021 10:33 PM

R82 I've been lying in bed with tears soaking my pillow for the last hour. I thought shrooms would improve my mood but they just made me realize how hopeless and dire my station in life really is.

by Anonymousreply 83April 19, 2021 11:09 PM

Oh, no! R81! Are you okay?

by Anonymousreply 84April 20, 2021 12:22 AM

Hi everyone...

Mushie! We missed you!

You asked what kind of experience I am looking for...I can honestly say everything you mentioned appeals to me, but one thing I definitely want to experience at some point is a trip with all the bells and whistles. :) I have always, ALWAYS been curious about that. I tried LSD once and nothing at all happened, but in that case I really relied on someone else (and someone else's LSD) to guide my experience. With this, I have have more resources and more control, and I'm interested in seeing what you think would get me there. :)

In the meantime...I received the sterilized dowels and to my happy surprise, they arrived in bags with grain and an inoculation portal! So all that was needed was to order spores. I tried to research which strains would be the most likely to survive cold winters but it was tough because the site lists nicknames for them instead of the scientific name and I wasn't entirely sure which if any were the right ones. I ended up just choosing ones that mentioned moderate temperatures: Purple Mystics, A+ Albino, McKennaii and Luminous Lucies (haha). I read that you have to use only one kind of spore per log and I have four bags of dowels and five logs. I guess I will use whatever I have the most of on log 5...?

My partner and I devised a pretty cool set up for the logs, we are hanging them on a fence in our backyard and we're going to water and cover them until the time comes. Pretty excited and just waiting for spores to get started! Seems like the dowels will need a few weeks or a month in the grain bags before I can put the plugs in the logs.

by Anonymousreply 85April 20, 2021 1:15 AM

R81, for real? Sometimes clarity is all it takes to shift things around in your life. Do check in dear!

by Anonymousreply 86April 20, 2021 5:09 AM

R81, what’s going on in your life that’s so dire? Did things improve? You responded just ~2 hours after you dosed. From what I understand, a trip on shrooms can go in all directions. I hope you’re feeling better today; you certainly should.

by Anonymousreply 87April 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Closet, you're going to have a wonderful trip with any of those strains.

This is a good rule of thumb when considering a trip: "a cube is a cube unless it's penis envy." Cubensis is a species, you've listed strains under the same species, so you're going to have a similar experience with them. What will matter is the dosage amount, not the strain. And penis envy (PE) is the most potent cube, and you'll want to treat that strain much differently and more conservatively especially on first doses.

A lot of the A+ vs B+ and strain variances is marketing. A cube is a cube unless it's PE. REMEMBER THIS, everyone. PE will rock your socks off and you've got to titrate up to a dose that fits you just right. Penis Envy is a "don't look in the mirror" strain.

Purple Mystics: I had a hell of a time getting these going, but once I did, they'd flush 10-12 times for me. They are an exercise in love and patience. Very slow colonizers. I finally figured out that they like a dungy, woody substrates, so I enriched their particular mycelium with some organic store-bought manure and organic wood mulch. They are potent and heady, a drippy-color, melting tree, get-out-into-nature experience.

A+ Albino: I love these. Moderately easy to grow indoors, prolific outdoors, these grow in clusters. They're hardy, reliable growers w average colonization time. The A+ strains are a fun, social trip. A great one to take with friends. Start with a lower dosage, however, than you'd think, as they're fairly potent. (The difference between B+ {said as Be Positive and A Positive} and A+ is the "B". B = "big". Bs grow big to huge and grow indoors in abundance. So when deciding what to grow indoors, always go for the B+. Beginners can't go wrong with them. So Closet, you chose correctly w the A+ as you're growing outdoors.

McKennaii: named after Terence McKenna. Similar to "Hawaiian" strain hence the small portmanteau. Philosophical and visual trips. Thinkers and artists tend to swear by this one. I usually get about 5-6 flushes.

Luminous Lucies. This is a new one to me! I've never grown or ingested these, so let us know how it goes!

Your log and dowel plan sounds good. The dowel mail-order methodologies have certainly evolved since I was last a customer. You guys are teaching me so much here.

by Anonymousreply 88April 20, 2021 6:35 PM

What does macrodosing on shrooms feel like for a newb?

by Anonymousreply 89April 21, 2021 12:27 AM

Depends, R89. You gonna go balls to the wall and take 10g your first time? If so, put a strip of leather between your teeth and hold on for dear life.

Please read through these threads. Lots of great advice about what constitutes a micro vs macro dose and how to go about it. If you have specific questions, the helpful and experienced posters here will help you out. After microdosing for two months, I did a 3 gram trip in late January and it was unreal. Unblocked some super real shit for me. Then did 4 g last weekend and had a very creative, artistic, wildly tactile trip. I painted and drew and wrote and blew through a creative slump.

I think it was the poster Mushie early on who said “set an intention”.

Be thoughtful. Figure out what you want to get out of it. Then read up and do some research, R89.

Good luck to you.

by Anonymousreply 90April 21, 2021 8:40 AM

R66, here I am again thanking you - and everyone else on this thread. I am on my first week of trying the low dose to snap this feeling of being underwater and apathetic.

Even simply ordering made me feel better. I want to thank Mushie & all the 'incubators' for the propagation info, I will use it at some point.

╮╭┻┻╮╭┻┻╮╭▕╮╲ ▕╯┃╭╮┃┃╭╮┃╰▕╯╭▏ I meant to say "fank you!" ▕╭┻┻┻┛┗┻┻┛ ▕ ╰▏ ▕╰━━━┓┈┈┈╭╮▕╭╮▏ ▕╭╮╰┳┳┳┳╯╰╯▕╰╯▏ ▕╰╯┈┗┛┗┛┈╭╮▕╮┈▏

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2021 4:46 AM

well that didn't work, fanks anyway!

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2021 4:48 AM

R89, if the entire adult world did shrooms at the same exact time, it would be the six best, simultaneous hours of peace the world has ever known.

by Anonymousreply 93April 23, 2021 8:18 AM

I am “going on an excursion” tomorrow with a good friend. We’re doing wavy caps, about 5gs each. Will be my first in 19 years and I’m thrilled. Will let everyone knows how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 94April 24, 2021 2:23 AM

Well holy good god almighty. It's R94 here. Day Tripper.

We took the dose at 10am and had an incredible day. It took about two hours to fully kick in. My friend has a pool and we sat beside it for a good hour or so admiring the water, listening to orchestral music. No words. We looked at each other and thought we should go for a walk. No words. The walk through the woods took two hours, but we didn't go very far. Maybe a half mile in, and back out. We kept stopping to look and wonder and take pictures. There was zero time tracking. We could have been there for ten minutes or ten hours.

I had a thought about my mother. Intense woman. Thirty years of hating this woman. I sat down and I have no fucking idea what happened, but I started bawling for the first time in ten years. Shirt soaked with tears. My friend came over to check on me. I remember looking down at the stones under my feet, and eventually picking one up and saying to him "this is my mother" and I threw it into the lake.

Then I picked up a heavier stone and threw it. And another. Each one was bigger and landed with a heavier "THUNK" into the lake. It felt incredible.

I let go of my mother. I have no other way to describe it.

We eventually got back to the house and I shed my clothes and jumped into the cool pool. I floated on my back, naked, which I haven't done since I was a kid.

Along the way, there were remarkable colors I've never seen together and moments where I thought I could see the grass growing.

I'm in bed now, getting ready for sleep.

I want to do this again as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 95April 25, 2021 4:48 AM

Sounds dope except for the crying ^^

by Anonymousreply 96April 25, 2021 7:22 AM

It's all valid, r96.

Did we ever hear back from r81/83?

by Anonymousreply 97April 25, 2021 7:27 AM

Crying can be pretty standard when tripping. There's usually some release and catharsis of some type and in my experience, has always been a great "aha" moment that triggers the crying jag.

by Anonymousreply 98April 25, 2021 7:43 PM

CEO of $2 Billion startup ousted for microdosing at work (LSD, not mushrooms.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 27, 2021 4:18 PM

The guy in R99's article wasn't fired for microdosing. It's all a little fishy. He did it in 2019 . . . they just used that as an excuse to fire him now. There's no "HR" at a startup. Someone just wanted him gone.

by Anonymousreply 100April 27, 2021 7:19 PM

Experientially, microdosing shrooms and LSD are pretty different. Shrooms are like listening to a symphony in an outdoor ampitheater, and LSD is like Motley Crue at MSG.

by Anonymousreply 101April 27, 2021 7:22 PM

*microdosing*, R101? The point is that it’s supposed to be sub-perceptual, regardless of the substance.

by Anonymousreply 102April 27, 2021 7:34 PM

Oops, meant dosing, my bad, R102.

Although I've microdosed both--mushrooms a lot more than LSD--and I can still stand by my statement, just tone down my references. LSD on any level is just a lot more intense and unpredictable to me. Shrooms are like a beloved grandmother and LSD is a stepmother you don't trust yet.

by Anonymousreply 103April 27, 2021 7:51 PM

Oh I started another thread. Oops, thanks to my cunt R-1 I searched after.

by Anonymousreply 104April 27, 2021 8:48 PM

Mushie here checking in. Everyone growing and thrushing and harvesting okay? Any news from Closet or Lotion or the elusive R81?

Hope everyone is thriving and learning. I was thinking this morning that the pandemic has had this silver lining; I don't know that we all would have come together on this mutual hobby if not forced indoors with more time on our hands than usual.

Very grateful to be along on this adventure with you all.

by Anonymousreply 105April 28, 2021 7:28 PM

Okay you guys - I’m about to pop my mycology cherry! I actually found uncle Benjamin tek on Reddit first, but it was a bit overwhelming until I watched the recommended video. It is an amazing resource for beginners

I started micro a couple weeks ago and it was quite simply life-changing. I finished what I had and couldn’t find more, so I finally said “fuck it” and bought spores, rice, tape. Planning on starting tonight. I need to catch up with this second thread but wanted to throw my hat in the ring here. It’s been nice to enjoy such a chill group of posters 🍄

by Anonymousreply 106April 28, 2021 8:50 PM

TitsMcGee, please tell us about your microdosing experience too!

by Anonymousreply 107April 29, 2021 1:53 AM

R81/R83 here.

I put a LOT of hope into shrooms and that may have been my first mistake. I don't think that psilocybin is the answer for me because I've been on SSRIs and SNRIs for too long.

by Anonymousreply 108April 29, 2021 4:54 AM

I purchased my capsules from the source provided at R66, btw. It appears that their website is currently down. I really hope nothing happened to them.

I didn't have any visual hallucinations or anything, I just became fixated on EXTREMELY unpleasant memories from my childhood. My dad whispering to my uncle about how I was a "faggot." My classmates avoiding me. Dumb petty shit like that.

Like I said, perhaps shrooms just aren't for me.

by Anonymousreply 109April 29, 2021 5:12 AM

R109 I hope nothing happened too. Was getting ready to reorder after my first batch and have seen the site is down and they don't have another site under a similar name that I can find. Struggling to find another that will ship internationally. Anyone have any hints please?

by Anonymousreply 110April 29, 2021 2:55 PM

R109 maybe by typing my post at R110 I made myself find them... found it about two minutes after posting. If you add the product that they say they are selling to the original name you will have ordered under and google it, you will find them again.

by Anonymousreply 111April 29, 2021 3:00 PM

R108 R108 Fellow long-term user of SSRI/SNRIs here (quit a few months ago) and my reaction to microdosing is exactly the same as yours, with the addition of a really unpleasant dysphoria every time. I’m about to conclude that psilocybin isn’t for me either.

by Anonymousreply 112April 29, 2021 6:06 PM

R112 I read somewhere that it's recommended a person goes off SSRIs/SNRIs for at least 6 weeks before using psilocybin, but for me I simply cannot do that.

If I try going off my Cymbalta for that long I'll almost certainly end up hanging myself or driving my car off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 113April 29, 2021 7:13 PM

Your path is your path...

by Anonymousreply 114April 29, 2021 9:52 PM

R105 Hi Mushie, I'm the newb who ordered two syringes but only got one (they sent another). Started on 4/19. It's been 10 days but have not seen any signs of life yet. Hoping to see something soon but I'm not sure how long it should take. No black mold. Ordered B+.

by Anonymousreply 115April 30, 2021 1:00 AM

Thank you so much for the informative post at R88, Mushie! I can’t believe I somehow managed to pick correctly since it was all a wild guess on my part...I’m starting to feel though that my journey is protected. :)

I injected the bags with the dowels last weekend, along with two bags of Uncle Ben’s (both the dowel vendor and the spore vendor unexpectedly gifted me an extra syringe, one was Lion’s Mane and the other was an additional McKennaii). So far I see nothing, but it’s early yet. One thing I was wondering about though is that the grain in the bag is not wet like the pre-cooked rice in the Uncle Ben’s bags is...doesn’t that create a very different environment and is it going to be a problem? I followed the directions provided but still feel like somehow I missed something.

The second group of boxes was very prolific - in total I have grown two GALLONS dry of various strains and even started to use them instead of the remaining capsules at times. I weighed one large one and it was 3.3g by itself, and it was not even the biggest one I grew...kind of shocking. The boxes were very prolific for about two weeks, then quickly grew mold and went dormant, so I threw them away. I figure that there will be a lot of colonized mycelium in the dowel bags once they get going and I have a good supply on hand.

I’m so excited for Day Tripper and Tits McGee...I really cannot wait to go all out and trip but figure I’ll wait until the planet calms down a little. I actually think the cathartic crying and the negative thoughts people experienced on their trips can be a positive in the end - it’s like that expression that the only way over things is through them, that you have to feel the feelings in order to put them in perspective. I have noticed that my emotions are very “available” to me since microdosing - I’m someone who would love to control things through thoughts and logic alone if I could, but that is obviously not possible and this is one shortcut to feeling the feelings instead of thinking about them.

I really hope nothing happened to microdose nature dot com. I don’t even need anything but I tried to access their site just now and it appears to be taken down - how did you guys find it again?

I totally agree...if it was not for the pandemic, it’s unlikely some or all of us would have had time to stay here and support each other, much less learn so much about this very interesting and useful subject. It really is the silver lining and fits in nicely with the introspection many of us have been experiencing now that we are removed from the daily grind, at least a little. So happy I found this thread and you awesome people. ❤️

by Anonymousreply 116April 30, 2021 2:09 AM

R81, I’ve been on Zoloft (100mg) for over a decade, and microdosing still worked for me. Though, 250mg capsules work better for me than 100mgs. Did you try microdosing and get nothing out of it?

Zoloft hasn’t worked for me in years; I just can’t get off it because of the withdrawals. But I had very, very bad depression over the summer and into the fall and winter, until I started microdosing because of these threads on DL. Totally got me back on track. I couldn’t have asked for better results really.

by Anonymousreply 117April 30, 2021 3:39 AM

R111, their other site doesn’t work now, either. I found the address in one of their emails to me after I’d placed an order, and I get the same error message as their other website.

Hope I can find the name of the retailer in CO that was posted either in this thread or the previous one. I only have 2 250mg caps left!

by Anonymousreply 118April 30, 2021 3:43 AM

R117 again—the site in CO looks slightly sketchy to me. The good news is the other site we know and love just had to move servers. Their main browsing site is online but you can’t use it to place an order just yet (substitute dot ca for dot com); you can email the person who sent you an email with purchasing instructions if you placed an order before. Then they’ll send you an automated response with an explanation for the server switch as well as a link to the new sites, and from there you can place a new order. I just did—phew, what a relief.

I really need to learn to cultivate my own though, clearly.

by Anonymousreply 119April 30, 2021 5:05 AM

Are these available anywhere in the US?

by Anonymousreply 120April 30, 2021 10:52 PM

Hi R115, give it a little more time. Ten days is about the point where I start growing impatient but give it a few more days. I think I've posted here before that I've had some take as long as almost four weeks and was about ready to throw them out and lo and behold, here they came. Two weeks is usually the sweet spot.

Closet, that's curious about the rice. So when you bought your spores, they sent along some rice bags as well, am I understanding that correctly? And there's zero moisture and no instruction to add any? I wonder if the grains were presoaked. Give me a little more info and I'll see if we can figure it out/amend somehow.

For the guys that had "bad" trips. I've certainly had my fair share of traumas surface. They will; this will happen; sometimes again and again. I've learned to just accept those moments and thoughts, look at them and hold them and acknowledge them as part of your evolution. I do my best to make peace, and I usually say something like "I see you, I feel you, but I'm going to move on now" and I can.

It's a really important part of the therapy trips and many times, in guided therapy sessions, your guide will have you sit and talk at length about particular traumas that come up, much like EMDR. Once you've acknowledged that sharp pain and talk through it, they will guide you up and away from it.

I wouldn't let it stop your journeys. Quite the opposite.

And for the posters on antidepressants: they can absolutely override each other. It's like trying to balance a 13-legged table while taking macro or micro doses of shrooms along with antidepressants. I didn't begin to feel any effects of microdosing until I'd been off the Zoloft for about three months.

Here's an interaction chart that Stamets uses in his presentations and he always warns of mixing the two because they counteract one another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 30, 2021 10:58 PM

Also wanted to point beginner growers to a great community over at Reddit. They're helpful and I've learned quite a bit from the younger generation over there. Lots of good resources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 30, 2021 11:02 PM

Mushie, I bought these pre-sterilized dowel/rice bag combos that are sealed and have a ventilation window with a micropore panel and a self-healing rubber inoculation port. The directions were to inject the spores with a syringe into the port, which I did, and cover it with the provided tape. I actually noticed a bit of moisture where the bags were sealed at the top so maybe something was soaked, now that you mention it, but the grains don’t look cooked or anything like the moist Uncle Ben’s. It’s only been a week though, and I don’t want to disturb the bags too much but from what I can see, nothing is happening (yet). To be continued, obviously!

by Anonymousreply 123May 1, 2021 12:05 AM

Long-distance partner and I each took 1.0g of dried Golden Teacher that I'd grown -- thanks to Mushie and others here -- in mid-morning, the day after driving us all over SoCal for four days, then back to SF. I was stressed from driving and anxious about the possibility of him having a bad trip. We both took our (many) old man (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) medications with coffee. He's a big guy and had peanut butter toast. I'm smaller and took them on an empty stomach. He had a much milder trip than I did. He's visiting me in SF from Boston for his 63rd and is on vacation; I had to work the next day.

It was a gorgeous day. The view from my hillside backyard is fantastic. He says that he had a heightened and relaxed appreciation of surroundings. centered-ness but not profound. He "communed" with plants and trees and enjoyed the expansiveness of the sky. Did not help let go of his childhood resentments and still has them. I've read that you'll experience the mood that you were already in. I had a more intense trip and could not sit still as I was still preoccupied with his safety, but experienced profound gratitude for life and for my home. He peaked for an hour and mine lasted 2 or 3 hours. We both experienced great visuals: enhanced colors, shapes, patterns, etc..

We're both heavy smokers and drinkers. While we did neither while tripping, we resumed those bad behaviors in the evening! we really need to quit smoking, lose weight, and drink less. I let go of resentments long ago (and a 4-year ordeal with colorectal cancer made anything negative from my past completely disappear), but he's still hanging on.

I have about 2g left and am now growing a bigger crop. It's more Golden Teacher. Two suppliers were out of Penis Envy, lol. He's flying home today. I'm going to visit him in 7 weeks. I'll take 1.5g and he's decided to take 2.0g next trip. We'll see where that takes us....

Thanks again to all for this thread!

by Anonymousreply 124May 1, 2021 2:48 PM

R107 I will be happy to share my microdosing experience very soon but I am currently creating a grow space and disinfecting everything. I think I will be ready to do the deed this weekend. Once I have a few bags inoculated I will be able to relax and come back to chat

I read somewhere (perhaps this thread) that a newbie should only try like 2-3 bags at first. I am torn between this approach (and gaining valuable experience) or trying to do more bags right away to at least get something in the next 30-40 days

🤔

by Anonymousreply 125May 1, 2021 7:37 PM

Lotion, I remember your first posts on our first thread. You've come a long way! I like that you're taking it easy on your dosage amounts and titrating up, especially for someone with self-described anxiety. That's always the best approach.

Overall, in your day-to-day life, do you think the dosing has helped? I don't want to inject my optimism too much.

Tits: I always recommend starting small and working through mistakes but the beginners on this thread have me second-guessing that advice. I'd say if you have the time/money/space/inclination and are wanting big results, get started on more. Why not. When I have several bags/jars/bins going, I keep notes on them to remind myself of inoculation/transfer dates and anything else I might notice along the way. Super useful if something goes sideways.

Closet: interested to see how you do. This tek is new to me, too, so I'm learning right along with you. As long as you have moisture somewhere (the soaked dowels), you should be okay. Would you mind to post a few photos as you go?

by Anonymousreply 126May 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Hi Mushie, the trips were great, but as you said, I'm titering up for a more profound experience.

My first test dose was 500mg last month while alone (a safety study), then did 1g with my partner when he visited. Now that I know that he'll be fine, I'm growing more shrooms for stronger macro-dosing. Guess you could say I'm doing this mostly for recreational use with the hope that my partner and I have some sort of breakthrough with respect to our addictions to fattening foods, alcohol, and nicotine. It was a trip watching my no-bullshit, blue-collah future husband from Boston be so serene, sitting in the sun in my backyard as he observed his surroundings. Perhaps when we shroom again at higher doses in the context of his natural habitat in New England, he'll be able to let go of the past. Am skeptical about daily microdosing as I haven't seen safety studies/clinical trials that measure things such as liver toxicity and kidney function.

Some technical notes for newbie growers: I've been working with pre-sterilized small (about 150ml or 2/3 cup) jars with vermiculite and 10ml syringes of spores in liquid medium. On my first try, I inoculated 3 jars with 3.3ml spores each. Took 7 weeks to become confluent (fully colonized), then, after soaking in sterile spring water overnight in the fridge, then incubated in a clear plastic dome on a tray over wet, porous rocks in indirect sunlight. Sprayed with sterile spring water twice a day. Over 10-12 days, pinheads sprouted, then the shrooms grew quickly. I picked the largest ones first, then over 4-5 days harvested the remainders. Yes -- you can literally watch them grow every few hours! When the cakes were no longer sprouting, I soaked them overnight again. In about 4 days, I harvested a small, second flush.

I inoculated the same sized jars with 10ml syringes this time from the same supplier. These became confluent in under 3 weeks and the white mycelium is very dense. 5 days ago, I soaked them as before. They are currently incubating. This time, the cakes have a bluish tinge on the top. Am waiting for them to sprout.

Two weeks ago, I inoculated another 8 jars with 10ml syringes. A week later, one was contaminated with something red, which I discarded. Only one is showing signs of mycelium growth, but the trick is to be patient.

In the future, to avoid having to buy commercial supplies, I plan to do spore prints and prepare inoculate in liquid media and try the "Uncle Ben's rice" technique, but am wondering if I can remove some mycelium from current cultures to propagate other jars -- sort of like maintaining sour dough starter?

Looking forward to our next trip and hope to supply friends and their loved ones for their experimentation!

by Anonymousreply 127May 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Macro-dosing = tripping.

Gawd you folks, own up to it!

by Anonymousreply 128May 2, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote] Am skeptical about daily microdosing as I haven't seen safety studies/clinical trials that measure things such as liver toxicity and kidney function.

Do we really need to worry about those things? 😱

by Anonymousreply 129May 2, 2021 4:58 AM

Dejected today because of the server switch problem that [R119] mentioned. Could not re-order as only cryptocurrency is being accepted now, hoping it's just temporary so cards can be used.

Meanwhile, I need to use my previous order less frequently until payment is sorted. The provider is awesome, my previous order came so quickly and expertly packaged. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 130May 2, 2021 8:54 AM

R130, you might be able to use a card if you call them. I know I had to do that once with a spore vendor. They sometimes have trouble with electronic payments because banks don’t really want to be involved with them because of what they sell, they told me.

R128 - macrodosing is definitely tripping. 😂 But many of us describe it in just that way. I think people are using that term to draw the distinction between a low-dose therapeutic daily dose and a much higher, occasional but arguably also therapeutic dose.

Mushie, I’ll definitely take some pics as soon as I see some firm signs of growth...I wish I’d thought to take some before I started. I have all the bags in a bin together and I did peek in and looks like one bag might have some signs of life. It’s been a week so hopefully by next week I’ll feel more confident about where things are going.

by Anonymousreply 131May 2, 2021 1:29 PM

I was able to use my card to place an order on that site, despite them being in the middle of a server switch. I had to place the order directly on the “second site”, skipping the intermediary step. My payment cleared and I’ve gotten notification that my order has shipped. This was right after I had posted about it at R119. You should contact them if you’re unable to place an order using a card.

by Anonymousreply 132May 2, 2021 2:51 PM

r128, Closet Farmer (hilarious moniker, btw!) is correct; I am absolutely seeking to do tripping, but called it macrodosing to make the distinction.

r129, Don't want you to freak out. Have been a research scientist in the pharma industry for 37 years, so that's my knee-jerk reaction. If there were significant side effects from daily microdosing psilocybin, we'd probably have heard about them by now. But do know that many types of mushrooms cause lethal liver toxicity. I should get off my lazy old ass and at least do a google search on this and report my interpretations back to my beloved DL sisters, brothers, and others. No one on these threads have mentioned such side effects, so that's a good sign -- even if it's not scientific data. Also, sending virtual hugs and positive cosmic vibes out to you:) And it just occurred to me that this begs the question: Why isn't Big Pharma doing research on psychoactive compounds from shrooms to treat depression, addictions, and other diseases? The answer is that they probably are or have. Again, need to stop wanking, tripping, and visiting the DL for a few minutes and do some literature research!

by Anonymousreply 133May 2, 2021 11:45 PM

I am unapologetically pro-shrooms, and think it's a travesty that this medicine is considered an illegal substance. It's been a pleasure reading this thread and the Part I!

by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2021 1:24 AM

Hi everyone! Here with a progress report:

This is how the dowel bag looked when I started (and how the Luminous Lucies still look...completely dormant).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2021 3:05 AM

McKennaii is coming along...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2021 3:06 AM

Purple Mystics look moldy. I hope I can just cut it away. I deliberately did not move the grains on this one so as not to spread the mold around the bag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2021 3:08 AM

R136, impressive!

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2021 5:41 PM

R138, I’m trying! 🙂 Mushie asked to see these bags I got, pre-sterilized with grain and dowels.

I feel it will be some weeks before I can put them in the logs...anyone have any suggestions for how long it would take for the dowels to be adequately colonized? I will definitely wait until the bag is solidly caked, but assume it would take longer for the wood to be ready.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2021 11:56 PM

Closet, you're looking pretty good to me, even with that bit of discoloration. Is it looking like mold for certain or just a light contaminant? Sometimes the healthy mycelium will work as an antibody and get rid of and overtake a contaminant, but a mold will hold steady or spread.

I shared your photos with a couple of friends who are more knowledgable in various dowel teks than I. None of us have ever started from the point you are, but between us, we think we have some answers for you . . . . .

As a reminder: you definitely want to soak your logs or at least leave them in the rain before your dowels go in. Leave the dowels in a sterile environment for 5-7 days after full colonization and then use some tweezers, drill your holes in your logs, and go to town. As long as your dowels are in an air-tight, clean jar, they can "activate" for up to eight months after colonization, but they will lose some potency. That 5-7 window seems to be the sweet spot.

This is very exciting.

In some news on my end: I've started my guided practitioner observation hours. What I'm seeing and witnessing is validation of my choice to go into this research and work. So glad to be sharing what I can with you all, as you're all teaching me a lot as well.

by Anonymousreply 140May 7, 2021 11:34 PM

Following four years of Trump and covid at my workplace, I started to get sucked into a very dark and very nasty whirlpool of meanness and anger.

Shrooms has helped me recalibrate my mind. It has pointed me towards the joy, a youthful type of wonder and enchantment that I don't think I've experienced since I was 19-years-old.

by Anonymousreply 141May 8, 2021 8:28 AM

I feel the same way R141. It’s interesting how this thread and the people on it seemed to come together at a time when so many people needed and could be helped by it. It really does feel like a weird destiny of some kind. Everything got so much better and easier once I arrived here, and I am so grateful. ♥️

by Anonymousreply 142May 9, 2021 12:27 AM

Mushie, I’m so happy for you! You’ve definitely shared so much here and taught me everything I needed to know to get going. I can tell you have what Quakers refer to as a “calling” for work in this field and it’s fantastic that you are following it. I can’t wait to hear where it takes you. 😊

Thank you so much for the info at R140. To me it looks like an isolated colony of that brownish mold in the Purple Mystics vs. the green that gets all over. I am trying not to disturb the bag too much until the cake hardens thinking it will be easier to isolate and cut off later that way. I also saw that the Luminous Lucies seem to be developing mycelium now too! So with any luck they will all progress to the phase when I can do something with them. I have my logs outside in the rain but definitely plan to soak and cover in the days before I put the dowels in. Also think I will be able to use the surrounding mycelium to start new closet boxes. 😊

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2021 4:41 PM

Has anyone had sex on mushrooms?

I tried once in the past, but my ex ended up having a bad trip.

I've read a couple of articles that compare sex on shrooms to sex on ecstasy and claim a very deep bond was established while tripping and fucking together and I'm curious and want to try it out with my current bf.

by Anonymousreply 144May 11, 2021 5:36 AM

R144, personally for me, thoughts of sex isn't what I was feeling on a macrodose of shrooms. I kinda got into a joyous introverted bubble of amazement in regards to nature and the happier, deeper wonders of life. But everyone is different? I say give it a shot with a partner.

by Anonymousreply 145May 11, 2021 5:12 PM

I’ve only microdosed so far, but I can tell you I’ve never felt horny after dosing. If anything, my sex drive is non-existent for the hours following my dose.

by Anonymousreply 146May 11, 2021 5:43 PM

My sex drive isn't in evidence because I am not feeling a strong sense of ego, so I don't see me and another person so much as my focus, wherever I direct it.

by Anonymousreply 147May 11, 2021 11:54 PM

Sex and food for me is for me the last thing on my mind while shrooming, but since we had the rest of the day after coming down, my partner and I popped Viagras (not necessary, but it enhances!) and later when to town. Any sex at our age is amazing and we are into each other and still into sex. Our extra flab (thanks, COVID and time) and poor muscle tone limits our position choices and is less acrobatic, but it is still pretty amazing. Next trip we'll experiment with sex, but it might take me an hour to take off my clothes and another to decide on which lube.

by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2021 4:49 AM

I’ve done everything while microdosing at this point including sex, and everything is enhanced...including sex. 😊 Being in a better state of mind makes good things even better.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2021 10:52 PM

well, that was tmi...

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2021 11:10 PM

I was responding to R144. 😊

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2021 11:21 PM

I have a question about shiitakes (I'm working my way up to more exotic fare).

I have some inoculated dowels, but no proper logs to insert them in. I am going to try installing them into a living oak tree, some fresh cut ailanthus logs, and in a straw bale.

Any other ideas?

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2021 6:37 PM

R52, I love growing shiitakes! What do your dowels look like? Plugs or spirals? And what general vicinity are you in?

I recommend not drilling them into a live oak. Hurts the tree a bit and shiitakes don't ultimately thrive this way in the wild. They love stumps and decaying logs and mulch. Let me know if you need some help finding YT videos.

The best luck I've had with them was building a little "oak fort" out of chopped down oak. Had about thirty 6 5-feet long logs stacked into a tall rectangle. Built a Jenga-like structure with the logs and let them sit in the rain and sun for about a month. Put in their dowels and dumped a bunch of mulch inside and tossed in about 5 dowels for good measure. Went like gangbusters and this has been my method for shiiitakes and oysters and lion's mane for years.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2021 11:30 PM

Closet, how are we looking??

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2021 12:34 AM

Mushie here from R153. I pecked that out on my iphone and not sure it makes sense. I meant: make a stacked log rectangular formation like a little LIncoln-Log cabin. Then inside, put down some mulch and toss in any leftover dowels just beneath the surface.

Let me know R152 if you have questions.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2021 12:45 AM

[quote][R152], I love growing shiitakes! What do your dowels look like? Plugs or spirals? And what general vicinity are you in?

Plugs, got about 50 of them. Healthy, still sealed, in the fridge. Purchased by accident Intended for a fairly established nyc urban farm, just under 3/4 of an acre. No oak available at the moment. I can acquire a fresh cut mulberry log, though I know shiitake doesn't prefer fruit wood. I think better I try that than let them languish in the fridge? I also thought I'd try mini hay bales with oak branches.

We have already successfully grown oysters in straw-filled milk crates, and winetaps in mulch and straw under trees with low canopies.

The oak tree I was considering inoculating has to come down anyway. It's about 10 years old, 2 " caliper, 10' high. I was hoping to wait until fall to take it down, though.

More later. Thanks for your help. Call me nobody

:)

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2021 4:21 AM

Hi everyone! Well, today was finally plug day for my dowels and logs. The McKennaii bags were the only ones with no mold at all but to my surprise, when I opened the Lucious Lucies and the Purple Mystics there was a lot of healthy mycelium! So I ended up with one log for the LLs and PMs, and three logs for the McK. They didn’t smell weird and I figured worst thing that will happen is they won’t grow. I also made four closet boxes from whatever was left over.

I’ll post some photos below of what today involved for anyone considering trying it. My partner figured out a way to wire them to the fence so we can hose them down periodically. Feeling very grateful all over again for this thread and all its wisdom. ♥️

by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2021 4:15 AM

Mycelium and dowels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2021 4:20 AM

Drilling the holes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 28, 2021 4:21 AM

Finished product. I used beeswax to seal the holes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2021 4:23 AM

That's so damn cool, Closet Farmer! Weren't you the guy who started growing not all that long ago and harvested a bunch and now you're doing this? Seems like you figured it all out so fast. Impressive! You still growing indoors too and microdosing from your own stuff?

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2021 11:41 PM

Yes, that’s me, R161. I am living proof that even someone who sucks at plants can learn to do this. It was entirely guided by the gentle souls on this thread who never tired of answering questions or providing encouragement. My very first attempt went nowhere but after that I got a feel for it.

So yeah, I have two of the very biggest mason jars filled and have been microdosing off those, weighing them on a scale. I have many months’ worth to work with, but I did take the rest of the surrounding material from the dowel bags and set them up inside the closet, which will take much less time than the ones outdoors. It seems like it could be months or years before I see them fruit while the indoor ones general come along in a few weeks.

You should try it. The entire process was interesting and that and the microdosing made the last eight months or so much easier to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 162May 29, 2021 5:27 AM

How much physical space would I need to try? I live in a NY apartment.

by Anonymousreply 163May 29, 2021 3:28 PM

I live in nyc, also, r163. You need very little space.

by Anonymousreply 164May 29, 2021 3:40 PM

Oh really? If this is manageable, I'll go back through the thread and start growing these myself. Thanks, R164.

by Anonymousreply 165May 29, 2021 3:53 PM

You're welcome, r165. You only need a little closet space. There is a wealth of information here. Check out part one as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 29, 2021 4:29 PM

I’m in Brooklyn too. 😊 Everything I’ve grown so far was literally in a closet. I eventually added a plant light and small heater but neither one is strictly necessary.

Taking them outside is just me branching out. I feel confident about the closet method and plan to continue it either way.

by Anonymousreply 167May 29, 2021 6:58 PM

I’m in Brooklyn, too, ClosetFarmer!

Was the dehydration + crumbling easy? Did you do that and grind into a powder for microdosing?

by Anonymousreply 168June 2, 2021 2:57 AM

R168, I dehydrated them using a food dehydrator...I first bought a crappy one and it was not too efficient, so I replaced it with something in the $100 range, I believe. That helped a LOT. I followed the directions in the previous thread to dry them until the were “cracker crisp” and store them with silica packs in the jars.

I didn’t bother with grinding them and filling capsules mostly because it looked tedious and labor intensive, and also potentially wasteful. Instead, I bought an inexpensive scale and just break off pieces and weigh them to get my microdose. I know that some people hate the taste or don’t want to deal with chewing them up, but it doesn’t bother me.

by Anonymousreply 169June 2, 2021 4:13 AM

Few things to add about microdosing:

1) I grind my shrooms in the coffee grinder so it creates a more homogenous dosage.

2) There's no exact right amount to take.

3) There's nothing wrong with threshold dosing, which is taking JUUSSST enough so that you feel it or get a tiny buzz -- the effect of having one or maybe two beers. And the effects of feeling it are gone within about two hours....Try taking enough so you can feel it one day, then dial back the dosage to find your maximum microdosing amount for that batch of shrooms.

4) Best to threshold dose for the first time on a weekend where you wont be driving for a few hours. Nothing wrong with trying it at work though (as long as you take it late enough that they dont kick in on the drive, which really shouldnt be an issue either way).

by Anonymousreply 170June 2, 2021 5:09 AM

r169 thats hilarious, i just wrote about grinding right after you said you didn't do it and didn't notice....

Different parts of the mushroom have different potencies, so if you want an accurate dose, gotta grind. do it at one time. they sell pill things that make it easier to put the capsules together

by Anonymousreply 171June 2, 2021 5:11 AM

Yeah, I think if/when I grow my own, I’ll want to grind them up to be sure I’m getting an even mix. I definitely don’t need to fill capsules, though. I already have a digital scale, and I do not mind the taste at all, in fact I rather like it.

Someone on the first mushrooms thread said they “literally taste like shit”... well, they taste like mushrooms. I’ve never tasted actual feces, but I like most mushrooms (shiitake, no thank you), and magic mushrooms taste like any mushrooms I would cook with.

by Anonymousreply 172June 2, 2021 5:25 AM

They taste just like ordinary white mushrooms with a slight bitter aftertaste to me. I wondered what that poster was talking about too. I’ve eaten small fresh ones when I picked them and they were fine.

Good point - if consistency is important to you, grinding would be the way to go. Do you use a coffee grinder? The only thing I saw for filling capsules were those little grids that you sit the capsules in upright and fill them with a spoon...is that how you did it? And was it a pain in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 173June 2, 2021 5:01 PM

Reading back over the first thread, I was struck by this post and how wrong it ended up being, LOL:

[quote] No one who is serious about growing should expect answers here. There is a board called shroomery.org that has tutorials for every level and the host of this board might not be cool with the the step by step for manufacturing drugs, but I dont know.

[quote]Spores in a bag of rice and wait a week? No. This is way different than growing weed. If you have a field you can pick them wild that is great but production is quite a process.

And this was R 111, talking about how awful the taste is.

[quote]They taste literally like shit [R109], so have something with strong flavor nearby, maybe oj.....you’ll want the taste to be gone quickly.

It’s like they were talking about kratom. That’s typically what people say about that—“the taste is so awful, wash it down with something like orange juice...” I’m curious if there are any scat people around us who can confirm that poop tastes literally like mushrooms?

by Anonymousreply 174June 2, 2021 5:14 PM

[quote]It’s like they were talking about kratom. That’s typically what people say about that—“the taste is so awful, wash it down with something like orange juice...” I’m curious if there are any scat people around us who can confirm that poop tastes literally like mushrooms?

Ew, no!

Good to see you here, r174. It's a more welcoming space.

by Anonymousreply 175June 2, 2021 6:30 PM

Go lick a homeless guy's asshole and report back.

by Anonymousreply 176June 2, 2021 8:46 PM

Well, it was.....

by Anonymousreply 177June 2, 2021 8:55 PM

California Senate approves psychedelic decriminalization bill -- I say good! Overdue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 3, 2021 2:26 PM

That’s so exciting, R178! I hope NY is not far behind!

R174, so true! There is plenty of info here, more than enough to learn to do it successfully PLUS not nearly as much “I’m so cool” posturing as other places. There is truly no aspect here too basic or mundane to ask about, and plenty of complete novices here, including me. Everyone has been helpful and encouraging from the start. Not sure I would have tried without this group of threads.

by Anonymousreply 179June 3, 2021 5:34 PM

Mushie here checking in. In non-medicinal news, I found nearly 100 morels this year, almost all within one 1500 sq foot area. I don't know what it says about me that I found this stupidly thrilling.

How's everyone doing? Looks like everyone is humming right along.

by Anonymousreply 180June 6, 2021 5:57 PM

r152/r154...and r177, :)

We got our first harvest of oysters and lions mane. Planted winecaps.

by Anonymousreply 181June 7, 2021 3:45 AM

Sorry. Meant

[quote]I'm r152/r156, [R154]/mushie...and I'm r175/ R177 :)

by Anonymousreply 182June 7, 2021 3:53 AM

Hi Mushie,

Thanks for checking in. Still working on production and dosing.

From my first growing attempt, yielded enough to do a a pilot calibration dosing study (one macrodose -- i.e. big trip) before my long-distance partner came to visit, when we consumed the rest. Based on that trip, which was fabulous but lighter for him (he's big), he'll take a higher dose. My trip was more intense and lasted longer. I was preoccupied by his safety, which made me anxious -- posted upthread.

A high point (pun intended) for me was watching him be so serene as he took in the view of nature and the city of SF while sitting in my backyard. This is a hard-core Bostonian. Turns out to be a closet Buddhist: Different trees spoke different languages to him -- and he understood them all. ROFLMAO! And then there was that pair of red-tailed hawks!

Tried to scale up production by buying 10 more syringes of liquid Golden Teacher spore cultures. Injected 10 more small PF Tek cups but only two grew out after 8 weeks. One became contaminated with something red (rust? smut? mold?) and tossed that one. Took another 4 weeks for one of two to start fruiting, which it is now doing with a vengeance! The other one might take off in another week, as it is just starting to pin. The cups that grew out were the ones in which I injected the whole volume (10ml) onto one wall of the cup rather than distributing evenly within the center interior. Lesson learned. Should have known better; I culture human cells in the lab for a living and know that they "like company" (to be concentrated) for optimal growth. Technical note: these shrooms look morphologicaly different from my last crop - caps are more round and reddish, with white dots. Going to try to make spore prints from the biggest and fastest a la Darwin.

Anyway, my turn to visit his coast soon and will have enough shrooms to bring for at least another trip for us at a higher, perhaps more transformative dose. And I won't be worrying about him having a bad trip anymore -- plus I'll be the one on vacation -- so hopefully I'll have a better experience. There's a learning curve going on. The natural environment of the East Coast is already trippy to me. So different from what I'm used to. Lush green and humid in Summah. Looking forward. We will hang out by the pond near his place and commune with the (asshole) geese. We have an agreement in place so that I won't be exposed to local humans because hearing their accent already induces uncontrollable, seizure-level giggles when I hear it.

Meanwhile, finally obtained some Penis Envy spores. So many vendors were out of stock.

My ultimate goal is to master farming to provide shrooms for old friends/extended family, many of whom are also entering their final years while struggling with serious diseases and unresolved issues from their distant pasts. Retiring soon, and with legalization around the corner in California, guess this is destined to become my hobby.

Sending apologies and love to the microdosers on here. Am not currently going in that direction. And thanks to all who have posted.

Best DL thread evah.

by Anonymousreply 183June 11, 2021 6:43 AM

Lotion, you've come a long way! If you want any advice with the spore printing, let me know. This is almost the only way I've been growing for about last six years or so and I've ironed out an efficient and replicable process.

Let us know how your next trip out east goes. Seems like that initial anxiety you shared in the first thread is easing a bit.

This weekend I'm having two friends join me as I guide my first therapy trips. One is a middle-aged professional bored, restless and disappointed with his personal and professional trajectory. The other is a younger widow who lost her partner to cancer last year, lost her job during covid, lost her mom to covid, and can barely get out of bed every day. Two very different cases but hoping for the same outcome.

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2021 5:53 PM

Again, reddit has a few boards dedicated to cultivating MM and they're terrific because you can post photos and ask for advice

by Anonymousreply 185June 17, 2021 6:07 PM

Mushie, I have no doubt you'll be an invaluable guide for both. I wish I could trip under your watchful eye. You've done some great work in these two threads making so many of us feel cared for and inspired to give this a go.

by Anonymousreply 186June 17, 2021 6:57 PM

Thank you, R186! Who knows where our roads could cross someday.

I've been training with another therapist (completed 18 observational client trips and 4 co-guides) and these two will be my first solo guides as part of my practicum hours. I'm confident, anxious, nervous, excited, and mostly hopeful.

Observing these trips and then participating in the follow-up care has validated every decision I've made that led to this weird, wonderful path.

by Anonymousreply 187June 17, 2021 7:28 PM

I forget, Mushie, if you mentioned your previous/current life's work? Are you shifting from a related field (therapy, counseling, teaching) or is this tapping into a previously dormant gift you've had all along?

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2021 1:24 PM

R188, indeed I spent decades professing and continue to do so but the healing track is new for me. And one I wish I’d found long ago, but I’m grateful to be here now.

by Anonymousreply 189June 19, 2021 10:33 PM

I follow this thread so closely, Mushie you are doing wonderful work.

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2021 11:18 PM

Hi R190, LizArd, forgive me if I don’t remember you in these exchanges.

Are you cultivating or dosing or just here gliding along with us? Any which way, thank you!

Would love to hear your story.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2021 6:01 AM

Gliding along mostly. I am interested in cultivation yet earlier received some good tips about microdosing, which I did start but supply was the problem. I've been reading the cultivation tips avidly.

Have used years ago and my lasting impression was awe that something could be so good..and that I shouldn't have it. Because of my upbringing have severe trust issues yet have mostly overcome them, I think. Never knew where boundaries were or should be. I have reset my life in a very good way, moving onward.

Trying not to interfere. Felt a burst of gratitude for you helping everyone.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2021 9:16 PM

Hi everyone! Just checking in...

I did not get much from the dowel remains that I attempted to plant in my closet after putting the dowels in the logs...all I managed to grow was mold (and gnats, of course), so I decided to use up some of my supply this summer and I'll plant new boxes in the fall or winter. Still microdosing faithfully and always hope to. I really miss visiting my closet boxes though!

I read every single post and love when I see there are new ones. Still a faithful reader and will be growing again soon myself. :)

by Anonymousreply 193June 29, 2021 3:09 AM

With the heat this summer, I've retired everything until the fall. I just don't have the setup to keep pins happy and thriving w this kind of heat index in the PNW. This is the third summer now that I haven't been able to grow indoors June-September.

And our outdoor spring growing season was quite short this year, too.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2021 12:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 5, 2021 9:50 PM

No surprise here, R195! 😊

by Anonymousreply 196July 8, 2021 3:47 PM

The Thai strain kicked ass.......grew several strains over a couple years.....by far the Thai strain was major psychoactive......cannabis brings it on even more...very pleasant...very dreamy......very fuckin high.

by Anonymousreply 197July 8, 2021 4:01 PM

Picture yourself on a train in a station ...with plasticine porters with looking glass ties... suddenly someone is there at the turnstile...the girl with the kaleidoscope eyes. Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers that grow so incredibly high.

by Anonymousreply 198July 8, 2021 5:20 PM

What’s this “Thai strain” of mushrooms? First I’m hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 199July 8, 2021 5:50 PM

R199

Midwest Grow Kits.....Chicago......search through available psychoactive strains...you'll find it........and follow the white rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 200July 8, 2021 7:07 PM

how big of a piece should a beginner try? Someone gave me a thimble sized stem a few weeks ago and I ate about 1/8 of it and didn’t feel any different. I’m terrified of a bad trip.

by Anonymousreply 201July 8, 2021 7:19 PM

I'm already looking forward to my next macrodose -- in the CA redwoods. That should be fun!

by Anonymousreply 202July 8, 2021 7:21 PM

r201 Order yourself a gram scale on Amazon. they're $10.

.1 - .25G is considered a microdose, although some people take up to .5g (probably not a beginner microdose).

1 gram is a nice museum dose. You'll feel it but be capable of interacting with people, having a good time. Ok for a party. Probably too much to drive on immediately, but ok in a few hrs

1.5g-2g is a more powerful dose. Language can be impaired.

2.5-3.5g is a get fucked up trip. You'll be fucked up. It will go on for hours. You'll probably have an awesome time. Think of it like being very, very drunk at a party, at times, you'll be that drunk person slumped over. Best to do it at home or a place where you're comfortable. With some supervision. You won't forget who you are or do anything crazy.

For a psychedelic traveler interested in exploration, Terrence McKenna suggests 5 dried grams. In darkness. With no sound. Which is 20x the upper amount of a microdose

Unlike acid, mushrooms are easier to control dosing because while they have different potencies, nobody is getting fucked up out of their mind on 1 gram. Very little to worry about. Try smaller amounts till you get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 203July 11, 2021 11:40 PM

For those who have placed orders online: Did you use a credit card? I looked at a couple of places and they only accept Bitcoin or money orders, presumably for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 204July 14, 2021 10:46 AM

The site I used originally had a roundabout way of accepting credit cards. They then redid it with the purpose of making the process more direct, but ended up having problems getting the orders processed.

The last time I used them I paid with a credit card — I thought — only to find out weeks later that the payment did not go through. In order to pay for the capsules (which I’d received weeks before), I had to buy some cryptocurrency and send it again.

Another reason I prefer to grow my own. Spores are legal but even so those vendors occasionally have problems with online payments too.

by Anonymousreply 205July 15, 2021 3:00 AM

R205 Sorry, I should have specificed I was actually talking about spore purchases. They all seem to require crypto or money orders.

by Anonymousreply 206July 15, 2021 10:41 AM

I use Premium Spores and was able to call in the credit card, as recently as a few months ago…is this no longer the case?

by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Sadly, I'm not able to replace my capsule supply due to requirement for cryptocurrency. Muddling through again.

by Anonymousreply 208July 26, 2021 11:01 AM

Ugh, LizArd, I’m so sorry. I know the cryptocurrency is a hassle but I did it because I had already received the capsules and there was no other way to pay. It was a nuisance, but really a minor one…if you are able to do it somehow, it might be worth it. They even sent instructions.

by Anonymousreply 209July 27, 2021 1:22 AM

r182 checking in. Got our 1st shiitakes today!

by Anonymousreply 210September 16, 2021 4:44 PM

Hi everyone! Always so happy to see this thread pop up again…

Nothing new here, logs have not sprouted (yet) and I am still microdosing with my own supply although my new “hybrid” return to the office schedule is really keeping me off kilter. 😄

by Anonymousreply 211September 22, 2021 6:51 PM

A head shop around the corner from me is actually selling spores.

by Anonymousreply 212September 22, 2021 6:54 PM

Wow, really? I’m in Brooklyn too…where is it?

by Anonymousreply 213September 22, 2021 7:38 PM

Where do non-growers in the US buy magic mushrooms? Someone said something about Canada, but how?

by Anonymousreply 214October 9, 2021 11:35 PM

This place, R214. They changed their name slightly but I have used them several times in the past. Very reliable and secure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215October 10, 2021 2:07 AM

New grower for magics. Syringe spores. North spore boomer box.

by Anonymousreply 216October 14, 2021 4:51 AM

Mushie, do you know if some strains are better than others for Parkinson's Disease. The person is totally functional, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 217October 14, 2021 5:09 AM

Translating R216:

There’s a new product on the market for home growers. The brand name is North Spore, and the product name is Boomr Box.

by Anonymousreply 218October 14, 2021 5:11 AM

Much thanks for the translation, r218! I did not make myself clear at all. I had success with that product, first time out, while monotubbing.

I have been growing more traditional mushrooms at a local garden. in beds and logs. Lions mane, oysters and shiitakes. Starting hen of the woods inoculation tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 219October 16, 2021 12:46 AM

I want to start microdosing, my seller told me that I could start with 200 grams. Is 200 grams high for starting or it’s ok.? I don’t want to feel trippy ( although I know it’s a micro dose not a high dose for a full trip)I just want the mood lifting effect.

by Anonymousreply 220October 22, 2021 6:05 PM

Are you on antidepressants, R220? If you are, 200 should be fine. But you will likely feel it—unless you’re a “big” person. To me, 200mg feels like I’ve had half a beer, one little hit of pot, and maybe .25mg of Xanax. Haha. It’s a great feeling, don’t get me wrong. I’m 5’8”, 145 lbs and I take Zoloft. If you don’t take an antidepressant you could probably get away with 100-150mg.

by Anonymousreply 221October 22, 2021 6:11 PM

I don’t take Antidepressants and I’m 121 pounds at 5’8. Yeah maybe I should go with 150. I like the feeling alg being a little bit high but not for normal life when I have to be productive.

by Anonymousreply 222October 22, 2021 7:13 PM

I haven’t ever taken my microdose during the day because I definitely feel it. So only at night for me… unfortunately I always seem to have fitful sleep on those nights. Worth it, though.

by Anonymousreply 223October 22, 2021 7:14 PM

Great to see everyone still checking in!

by Anonymousreply 224October 22, 2021 7:32 PM

Can someone recommend a reliable source for capsules or powder in Los Angeles or that doesn't require BitCoin?

by Anonymousreply 225October 23, 2021 6:42 PM

R217, Mushie here. Can you tell me a bit more about the Parkinson's? When diagnosed, how old is your person, how does it present, current meds, etc? Happy to help, just need a little more info.

by Anonymousreply 226October 23, 2021 11:20 PM

Hi everyone!

You may remember I set up some logs/pegs a few months ago and yesterday I saw this! Looks promising, but how can I be sure whatever grows are my mushrooms and not some random fungus? Don’t want to eat something dangerous, haha.

Can some of the wise sages on this thread take a look and let me know what you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 28, 2021 1:23 PM

Do they grow in the DC area?

by Anonymousreply 228October 28, 2021 1:52 PM

I’m in NYC, so I’m sure they can grow in DC, if only in a closet which is where I grew them previously. The logs are an experiment but the closet is tried and true.

by Anonymousreply 229October 28, 2021 2:01 PM

R226, thanks Mushie! It's Snacker here, I forget to sign my posts because I'm usually anonymous on DL (or I'm the Purple Martin Landlord!)

The relative with PD is 69, diagnosed about six years ago. The only symptom was the tremor. He does cardio out nearly every day, and is pretty active (excellent for PD). The predominant symptom is still the tremor, which has become more of a 'pill-rolling' tremor rather than just the shake, and slight facial "masking". The wife of the relative reports he is getting a little anxious (& thus irritable).

Mentally, he is still very sharp. The anxiety may be due to iseveral different things -- frustration with the condition, self-consciousness due to the visibility of the symptoms, and the physiological nature of the disease itself. He does not take anything for PD yet and wants to avoid PD meds as long as possible because he said they make him not want to do anything, and this person is definitely a doer. He does take Buspar. His supplements are astaxanthin, turmeric, fish oil..I think he is starting Lion's Mane today. Thank you for your help, and all your previous help.

by Anonymousreply 230October 28, 2021 4:24 PM

Hello Snacker at R230! So great to "see" you and your moniker pop up. I'm glad you posted this here because I've just started helping a client with Parkinson's. She was diagnosed in 2014 and while she lives a fairly normal life going about her day-to-day duties and commitments, her hobbies (she's a painter/ceramist/sculptor/art historian/curator) have slowed due to her tremors, her biggest detriment was the depression and anxiety that came along with her disabilities.

I have her on a microdosing golden teachers, scheduled 4 days on, 3 off, and we're in week 4 of cycling. My observation of her mood/adaptability/positivity/willingness to try is night and day. Her self-reporting is markedly different. Her close friends and family report visible shifts in her daily efforts, self-care, and tolerability. She's gone from "I'll never pick up a brush again" to painting a pretty spectacular self-portrait unlike anything she's painted previously. The microdosing took away a lot of that self-doubt and rumination and lets her be an artist again. And 4-6 hours after each dose, her tremors are noticeably milder. Slower and gentler, if that makes sense.

Lion's Mane is lovely and he'll most likely feel some slight enhancements just from that. Is he open to a more potent strain? As always, we'd start very low and titrate. Let me know what you think.

Depression and anxiety go hand-in-hand w Parkinson's,

by Anonymousreply 231November 4, 2021 12:09 AM

Hello Closet at R227!

I'm having trouble identifying these little guys. They're interested because they're so small and singular and this is the wrong time of year for youngsters. I'm thinking this must be the result of some of your inoculations. Remind me what type of tree this is and how/with what you inoculated? And when you look at the underside of these, are they flat or gilled, and do they have any coloration at all? Any updated photos welcome. We'll figure these out but want to be sure you're not harvesting some imposters. I've seen some polypores like turkey tails start out like this but it's the wrong time of year. I'm intrigued!

by Anonymousreply 232November 4, 2021 12:21 AM

I got some magic mushroom chocolates from a Halloween party and am just now taking them. YAY!

by Anonymousreply 233November 4, 2021 1:06 AM

I inoculated a grain bag with a syringe of Golden teachers - and then broke it up way too soon!

Fingers crossed it might still work out.

Grew some nice wood caps.

by Anonymousreply 234November 17, 2021 5:06 AM

*WINE* caps

by Anonymousreply 235November 17, 2021 5:07 AM

r51 I am on an anti-depressant and microdose sometimes. My psychiatrist is aware.

by Anonymousreply 236November 17, 2021 8:11 AM

Hey, Mushie!

How important is it to seal inoculations on mushroom logs with wax? Does the type of wax matter, or its manner of application?

by Anonymousreply 237December 9, 2021 8:40 AM

I'm disappointed with my magic truffles experiences. I tried three different variants and they tasted worse than the one before. At the last try, I had to struggle for almost an hour keeping them down. The first experience was ok in comparison. However, all it did was dulling my senses. I was hoping for some spiritual awakening and out-of-body experiences, but nothing if that sort happened. From the start I tried meditation, listening to self hypnosis clips, binaural beats, uplifting music, favorite gay porn, etc., but nothing worked. But I have to admit that, after the first one, I have a much more positive mindset. Which is why I'm a bit disappointed by my third try which was just a big meh. Still felt dull, but no euphoria, despite audio and visual stimuli. Guess, I wasn't in the right mindset for that one, but - because of the awful taste - I have given up on magic truffles.

by Anonymousreply 238December 9, 2021 9:04 AM

Sorry, but nothing of that sort happened.

by Anonymousreply 239December 9, 2021 9:06 AM

Any good sites to order in California?

by Anonymousreply 240December 18, 2021 2:16 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 241December 18, 2021 2:25 PM

This is heartwarming

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 18, 2021 2:45 PM

When people say mushrooms are a lightweight psychedelic, it’s because they ingest them the wrong way. You should keep the mushrooms in your mouth and chew on them as long as possible. If you immediately swallow them, most of the psilocybin is destroyed by the stomach acid.

by Anonymousreply 243December 18, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote] Where do non-growers in the US buy magic mushrooms?

If you ever find yourself in Oakland, there's a church where you can buy them a la a cannibas dispensary.

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2021 10:08 PM

🍄 will be Legal in many states soon

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2021 10:36 PM

Very good R242.

by Anonymousreply 246December 19, 2021 4:12 AM

R244 interesting! Do you have to be a church member/join the church to see what is available?

by Anonymousreply 247December 24, 2021 4:32 AM

R128, AA nazi

by Anonymousreply 248December 30, 2021 5:26 PM

Where can you buy them USA ? And how do you pay in bitcoin ?

by Anonymousreply 249January 11, 2022 5:00 AM

I’m On 3 rd week of micro dosing 🍄 and I’m already more positive, less anxious, optimistic, focused etc etc . I feel like dark clouds are lifted

by Anonymousreply 250January 29, 2022 2:58 PM

R250, congrats!

by Anonymousreply 251January 29, 2022 9:33 PM

I'm very much looking forward to my seasonal summer shrooms macrodose along the Redwoods coast in July!

by Anonymousreply 252February 6, 2022 1:07 AM

Penis envy rocks!

by Anonymousreply 253February 6, 2022 1:56 AM

Brooklyn here. This drought and heat have been a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 254August 26, 2022 7:14 AM

Why was this grayed out?!

by Anonymousreply 255August 26, 2022 7:16 AM

Trolls.

Happens with almost every theater thread, too,

by Anonymousreply 256August 26, 2022 7:18 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 257December 9, 2022 9:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!