Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Magic Mushrooms Part 2

Let's keep the love going.

Part 1 below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68a day ago

Has anyone increased their regular dosage? Why did you increase your dosage?

I started doing .1 grams every three days (Fadiman protocol), but after three weeks, I no longer felt as "elevated" as I had after my first week of doses.

I'll probably stop for a couple of months after another few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 103/22/2021

I did. I started at 100mg, three days on/three days off, but now I’m doing 250mg five days a week. It’s great!

I feel lifted but never high...just happy and focused, and generally more optimistic than I have been for the last few years, like I’ve been more in touch with the original me that had become so grumpy due to one thing or another.

I am working up to a trip, but slowly. I want to wait until the world has settled down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 203/22/2021

I started at 100mgs for about three weeks doing four days on, three off. Then went to 200mgs with same cycle. I'm at 250 a day now and microdose each weekday morning. I'm perfect at this dose, and haven't felt any "wearing off" after about two months of the 250.

I'm planning a hallucinogenic trip around Mushie's recommended 500mg (I'm going with 550) with two friends and a "sober friend" next weekend.

The microdosing has done more for me since early December than 15 years of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Ambien, Zoloft and Cybalta combined.

by Anonymousreply 303/22/2021

Back in October I started at 100mg, three days on, two off. In the past two weeks, I've upped it to 200mg here and there. I'm not sure if I should stick to a dose or if there's any benefit to alternating between 100 and 200.

Skipping a few days is essential though. Someone in the other thread mentioned reduced compulsivity and I couldn't describe the experience better.

by Anonymousreply 403/23/2021

Hi mushie. I'm outside CO, but could travel to the Northwestern half (Denver area).

by Anonymousreply 503/24/2021

I have an addictive personality, so I am a bit afraid, but I have to have relief from this depression. I have tried all of the antidepressants, to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 603/24/2021

I don’t think you will become addicted to this....it’s not really that kind of drug. The effects at low levels are subtle and I doubt anyone would really want or be able to trip all day, every day. I feel much more confident endorsing mushrooms than I would almost any other kind of drug - prescription, illegal or otherwise, based on my own experience.

by Anonymousreply 703/24/2021

I sometimes wonder if we'll look back at SSRIs as some type of barbaric treatment. I got fat on them, lost my libido on them, feel like a human dial tone on them, and at best just don't give a damn on them. And once you're weaned off of them, all the same bullshit comes right back.

Microdosing has me feeling emotionally better than I have in decades. There's no "high" or trippiness at all. Just a mellow feeling of clearing the cache and being able to deal with everything a little better. It's not a "drug" to me.

by Anonymousreply 803/24/2021

[quote] microdosing has done more for me since early December than 15 years of Prozac, Wellbutrin, Ambien, Zoloft and Cybalta combined.

I suspect long-term use of these SSRIs/SNRIs permanently fucks up your brain receptors too. Just my nonmedical opinion based off my own experience.

by Anonymousreply 903/24/2021

Agreed, R9. I feel like I lost a huge chunk of myself after years on them. Some of it could simply be age, but I don't get upset or elated about anything, and I mean anything, anymore.

The microdosing brought on a sense of ease and contentment, and a lot of gratitude. I would have started these in the seventies had I known.

I like the idea that many others have had here of working my way up to a trip. I did a couple of trips in the eighties and they were spectacular. One day I walked all over NYC with my boyfriend and it was one of the best days of my life.

by Anonymousreply 1003/24/2021

Ive been buying them off the dark web for the past 5 or so years. If you can figure out how to use it, its much more reliable than having to find someone who sells shrooms. Very fun to do in nature with friends.

by Anonymousreply 1103/24/2021

This is where I will be on May 1st. Mushfest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1203/25/2021

Dang, I’m jealous! I don’t think NYC would even entertain the thought of a mushroom fest...

😊

by Anonymousreply 1303/25/2021

Glad this wonderful thread continues!

by Anonymousreply 1403/25/2021

Finally, success! Had almost given up. It took about 8 weeks for my inoculated jars to become fully colonized, but then I had to leave town for over a week, which posed a dilemma: to let them start fruiting without being around to spray them, or keep them in the dark as they were, possibly letting them overgrow.

Per Mushie's advice, I keep the jars in the dark. When returned home, it had been 36 days, not 2 weeks as some mentioned. Did a "dunk N' roll" to saturate the cakes with water, then placed them in a terrarium on top of a platter on a bowl full of porous rocks with water for humidity. An aquarium heater submerged in the water was set at about 75 degrees. Set in indirect light. After 2 weeks, I gave up, but did not disturb them.

Now, about 3 weeks later, they are fruiting! Little guys with blue halos around the caps. Learned about patience... and letting go...

Will read in my Psylosybin Bible about when and how to harvest and dry "the first crop" next, along with re-fruiting cycles.

An observation: the shrooms are all growing from under or from the sides, then up towards the light. Wondering if I should re-orient the cakes so that the pinheads point directly into the light?

This is so exciting. Thanks to all on this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1503/25/2021

Hey everybody. Last week I reached out to one of the places mentioned in the past thread but didn't receive any response. The website said they were sold out so maybe there's nothing to be done. Only other site I saw was Canadian which I'm leery of ordering from. Any other recs out there for the US?

by Anonymousreply 1603/26/2021

R26, so sorry....I’ve only used the Canadian place but I’ve done it several times without any issues at all.

R15...isn’t it SO EXCITING???? I can’t believe how thrilling it is to see them growing. You definitely put in the work and kept the faith...I’m so happy for you!

by Anonymousreply 1703/26/2021

R15, Lotionman, that's great! I just started clapping in my living room alone. They pulled through for you!

They really teach you patience, don't they? And so well worth the wait. Rule of thumb: if you're not seeing any contamination, as long as you're seeing SOMETHING, just let them do their thing.

You don't need to reorient them toward the light. They'll grow naturally that way and it's best to leave them alone to do their thing. If you'd like to experiment, go ahead and move a couple--I think you'll find it doesn't make much difference. But I always encourage a little tinkering to get your confidence up.

Really happy for you tonight!

by Anonymousreply 1803/26/2021

Thank you so much, Mushie (et. al), I've learned some on my own but much more from you. I can only sporadically (lol) post to threads, but I wanted to note that for those wondering about ordering additional spores - unless you'd like a different variety - look into spore printing. It's very easy & guarantees more grows in the future without additional ordering online. Also, walmart carries Sterlite containers with clear lids if Ikea's too far or too expensive to ship.

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2021

Congratulations, R18! Would love to take your word for it, but I'm afraid you must provide samples for us to eat and judge for ourselves! 😎😆

by Anonymousreply 2003/27/2021

R19, glad you brought up spore printing. It's the next logical step in running your own show. Ordering syringes online can be hit or miss, even from the most reputable shops. Temperature, handling, age of spores, all come into play. Doing your own prints and syringes, in my experiences, allows you to control for potency and cost.

Once you have a first thrush, you can start printing your own for future use.

This is a good primer. It doesn't go much into the syringe loading, but gives you a good idea of the first collection step.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2103/27/2021

As we're starting to get a little deeper into it . . .

For those interested, there's a popular "stack" of microdosing called Stamet's Stack (after Paul, the famous mycologist/godfather of shrooms). It's essentially Niacin + Lion's Mane + psilocybin. People, including me, swear by it. You can read the jist of it at the link. If you're interested in the chemistry/nootropics, watch his full-length YT video. And while I'm not a Joe Rogan fan, Stamets on his show is extraordinarily educational yet plain=spoken and a great endorsement for the benefits of mushrooms in general.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2203/27/2021

Mine just arrived and I took my very first one. The package had "button 🔘" printed on it. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 2303/29/2021

Congrats! Was it from Canada?

by Anonymousreply 2403/29/2021

Yes. I took it this morning and so far haven't noticed a difference. Tbh, I am really wanting to take two tomorrow, but that isn't the purpose of low dose capsules. But I am tempted, 😄

by Anonymousreply 2503/29/2021

A most intriguing and informative thread -- found this by way of the ayahuasca thread.

by Anonymousreply 2603/29/2021

For those of you just joining us, tons of info in the first thread. Lots of must-read personal accounts, experiences, growing advice, and camerederie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2703/29/2021

Thank you for sharing the link about the Stack, Mushie. I am very curious...I actually started taking the Stamets immunity booster supplement a while back, as it happens. The only thing I wonder about is the niacin. I have rosacea and I’m not sure what that “flush” might unleash but I’m probably going to try it anyway, haha!

I loathe Joe Rogan but will make an exception for this. I also once listened to a show of his about the sensory deprivation tank that was pretty interesting.

I finally got rid of my original mushroom boxes but the new ones are already starting to pin. One annoying thing is that there seem to be a lot of little gnats flying around now and I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of them without harming the mushrooms...any ideas?

Also, definitely going to try the logs! I have a spot on my deck all ready!

by Anonymousreply 2803/30/2021

Closet at R28, those damn gnats drive me nuts. They're inevitable as we warm up to spring/summer. Here's a few killswitches that have worked for me.

The "gnatstix" at the link below work wonders.

If you ever run out of those or are awaiting their arrival, jar or cap lids strategically placed between your pins filled with wine or apple cider vinegar drown them. They love red wine and even some glasses of the cheap stuff placed around your bins can do the trick.

I have even known people to use small vacuums to suck them out and away.

They lay eggs in the mycelium and look like little wiggly rice grains. If I ever see them, I tweeze them away. Besides being gross, they don't do much harm to the shrooms unless you have a real infestation. They nibble on the gills mostly and turn the shroom brown and leathery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2903/30/2021

That’s funny because I ordered the same exact GnatStix a little while ago when I got my niacin/lion’s mane! 😂😂😂 I should get them in a few days but have cider vinegar that I will set up tomorrow. I knew you’d know what to do! 😊

by Anonymousreply 3003/30/2021

I just came over from the Ayuhuasca thread. This is like the DL of yore, the halcyon days of helpful people and kind strangers with appropriate tinges of weirdness and humor. This deserves some kind of medal for not letting anyone derail or devolve the threads. I feel like I know you all and am here for it all.

by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2021

R31- Same. 😘 And love to all.

by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2021

Yep. The genuine good vibes are palpable through my phone, I swear. And everyone is sincerely working and helping, with only good intentions. I have learned so much here that I know I will use for the rest of my life.

It would be hard to disrupt the thread because no one in it is interested in anything other than the topic we’re discussing. It’s fantastic! And both threads are worth reading in full.

by Anonymousreply 3304/01/2021

Is microdosing for you all a solitary undertaking? I've read posts about macrodosing with friends, but for the day to day microdosing, it's been a solo undertaking for me. I even kept mum about it for a month, so I could experience it without describing it until I had some good weeks under my belt.

I'm different! It's working! The pandemic was the right time, too. I started in October and it became a project I could have running in the background.

by Anonymousreply 3404/02/2021

I am also a solo microdoser, although I have suggested it to people I thought might benefit. My partner has no interest although he is a stalwart supporter of all my enthusiasms and is amused by my continual efforts to “expand my mind.” 😂😂😂 I was in a rut for a couple of years and this has made a huge difference, even though my initial interest was more in tripping. I still plan on doing that and have grown enough of my own now to do it repeatedly 😀, but microdosing has been SO rewarding and helpful, and I definitely plan on continuing to do it forever. I’ve also benefited immensely from learning to grow these beautiful “helpers” in my closet...it’s brought them very close to a sacrament to me, as strange as it may sound.

I think I fully felt it after about a month. Like you, I started in the fall and gradually went from 100mg to 250mg for my five days a week dose. Now I can’t imagine life without it. 😊

by Anonymousreply 3504/02/2021

Just took my first dose of homegrown shrooms 30minutes ago. Harvested my first small flush a few days ago. Yield was 50g fresh/wet. Dried them in the sun, chopped them up finely, and ingested one-tenth of the yield; about 500mg dried. Planning on taking another 500mg in about an hour unless I feel unwell. Perhaps should have taken them tomorrow morning on an empty stomach, but didn't have anything else to do tonight.

I am seeking a full, hallucinogenic trip and perhaps should have taken much more, but because it's been so long, am being cautious. And to think that I used to just munch on half a baggie of "things" that I'd gotten from a "friend" who got them from a stranger, who got them from a stranger at a concert, who got them from...? in 1978.

If there's anything worth reporting, I'll check back in later.

by Anonymousreply 3604/02/2021

Lotionman — how did it turn out? I’m so curious to hear!

The second boxes already have some decent sized mushrooms after about a week...photo here, complete with GnatStix. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2021

Lotionman, how did it go? Did you end up taking the second 500mg dose? Interested to know how it went for you.

Closet, very impressive! Did you switch up your spores this time? Your pins look KS?

by Anonymousreply 38Last Monday at 8:14 AM

YES THEY ARE!!! Haha, you have a good eye, Mushie! I tried a couple of different strains. Believe it or not, I sprayed them Friday night, left the house and returned yesterday and had to harvest about a dozen, even though when I left there was just one bigger one and it wasn’t quite ready. They are SO FAST.

I have a question about the logs. I brought some home from a tree that was cut down and want to understand how I can impregnate the dowels with the spores. Do I just poke the needle into the dowel itself? I saw other videos involving sawdust but they were using pre-populated sawdust of culinary strains. Is there a way to do that with my own spores? Frankly think the dowels looks easier but not sure how it works and the video did not explain that part.

I’ll put up more pics in a little while. 😊

by Anonymousreply 39Last Monday at 9:19 AM

These all grew from very small mushrooms to maturity since yesterday evening. I bet if you watched you could see them growing...it’s THAT fast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Last Monday at 10:07 AM

Have been taking 100mg caps for almost two weeks. Just ordered 350mg. I am fucking depressed so I am slamming my foot on the accelerator and speeding this thing up.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 5:25 AM

^ Has the 100mg helped at all? Do they make you feel any different?

by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 6:08 AM

Speaking as someone who has been microdosing for several months, for the first time after reading this thread, it took about a month, I would say, to really feel it.

The effects are subtle but unmistakable, especially at that low dose. It’s not like your problems suddenly disappear, but that you accept things more readily and therefore are better prepared to deal with them. This brings a sense of contentment. And the longer I do it, the more entrenched this positive mindset sets in.

I did end up raising it gradually based on recommendations here and set a schedule. Just try to be patient because it could take some time.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Tuesday at 6:19 AM

Thank you. Maybe I am just wanting a little trip. So I took 300mg today. I will go back to 200mg every other day. I am staring to get some insight into my flaws, but in an almost detached, analytical way. Such as impatience, 😆.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Tuesday at 6:37 AM

I was going to use the word detached but didn’t because I didn’t want it to sound like a negative thing, but yeah...much more objective and less emo about whatever is bothering me. And therefore, better equipped to keep things in perspective and let go of the things I can’t change anyway. Just in a much better frame of mind and a lot more like I was before various troubles beset me.

I’m trying the “stack” mentioned above...it’s like my skin is on fire right now, haha!

by Anonymousreply 45Last Tuesday at 6:43 AM

Yes, I totally agree with you that feeling detached is a very good thing for me. In the past I have been crippled with guilt and self loathing over these flaws. It is very difficult to explain, but this is much healthier.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Tuesday at 6:50 AM

Detachment is what meditation is supposed to create too. That Buddhist idea of accepting that life is suffering while simultaneously letting it go. They say all suffering comes from wishing things were different than they are rather than accepting reality, so being able to have less emotional attachment to things (including your own self perceived flaws and whatnot) is going make them much easier to let go.

Btw, I don’t think lack of attachment means not caring about things, not at all. It has more to do with recognizing that you don’t always control the outcomes in life and may need to learn to appreciate what is rather than chase what isn’t. I think microdosing has really helped in that way.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Tuesday at 6:56 AM

I'm 6'2, weigh 210 and upped my dosage to 300mgs a day and feel fantastic. The 250 was good for me for about three months then I decided to go up to see what happened it was perfect, I went from good to great.

Agree with what others are saying about the detachment. The dosing gives me enough separation to see things a little more objectively and get some perspective. Issues that felt like five-alarm issues become a one-alarm issue.

My catastrophizing has stopped. The constant grind of worry and ruminating has eased a lot.

I've been ordering from the Canadian site but am going to try growing my own. This thread has given me confidence that I can do it myself.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Tuesday at 10:13 AM

Closet Farmer, remind me which state you're in? NY?

Depending on your answer, I'll get some dowel shipping resources for you. You can buy them inoculated, which is preferable. If you don't like the looks of the sites I send, I can walk you through inoculating your own. Not difficult, just tedious.

Wish I could send a bunch to you; I have about 500 dowels filled with B+!

by Anonymousreply 49Last Tuesday at 10:24 AM

Closet, while I'm online and thinking about it, here's my quick and simple dowel (you'll see this called "spawn plug") method.

1.5 x 3/8 5/16th birch fluted or spiral plugs (just make certain they're birch)

Soak over night in hot tap water with a dash of gypsum.

Bring to simmer then dump on a screen to drain for a few hours.

Load into jars (you can also use bags but jars are better for eradicating contams). Stack some dowels, add in some of your inoculated mycelium from your bins, then a few more dowels on top), seal jar. Do this in a sterile environment.

Place jars in dark, quiet place and allow2-3weeks colonization.

When they're webby and covered in mycelium, immediately drill the plugs into your logs, hammer in the plugs, and seal with wax.

Depending on what you want to grow, be sure your log responds well to that variety (nearly all B+ love birch, Lion's Mane loves maple, etc). SOAK YOUR LOGS for 48 hours before you hammer in your plugs. This is something I learned on my own and greatly aids/speeds the process.

You'll have many more questions, but here's a quick YT video as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50Last Tuesday at 11:05 AM

[r3] May I ask, were you still taking one of the anti-depressant meds when you began micro-dosing? I ask because I would like to try micro-dosing, but I'm currently taking Paxil, and I've read that one should not try micro-dosing if one is on a so-called SSRI like Paxil. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Tuesday at 11:13 AM

My partner and I were on the brink of divorce last summer/fall. Nothing precipitous had happened, we were just on each other about dinky shit all the time. Tiny resentments added up and during the quarantine, I thought there were days we'd kill each other.

We started microdosing together after I found this thread. Actually, I started first and he thought I was an idiot. Then he noticed, about a month later, that I was acting totally different. Calmer, kinder, less intrusive. He started on the same cycle I did.

I'm not a woo-woo sentimental type, but microdosing together was a game changer for us. It was like a pin-prick to the balloon. Everything deflated and we're kind to one another again. Even took a few weekend trips recently and a new gratitude and patience has set in.

Glad to have found this community. I'd always heard about and been intrigued by microdosing but never would be in the place I'm in without this crew.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Tuesday at 11:32 AM

I'm currently waiting on my first shipment, these stories are encouraging and hope I have similar results

by Anonymousreply 53Last Tuesday at 11:51 AM

R52 if you don’t mind what dosage and pattern (3 days on, 3 days off, etc.) did you both follow?

by Anonymousreply 54Last Tuesday at 12:08 PM

Harvested about 50g wet weight from my first flush, then dried them. According to my text book, dry weight is about 10% of wet weight, but my kitchen scale cannot measure anything below 1g.

My trip was fantastic. Took 500mg, waited and hour, then took another 500mg. An hour later, I finally felt the hallucinogenic effects I was hoping for, albeit much milder than the trips I experienced in my youth. Same sense of interconectedness, connection to nature, detachment from past traumas and resentments, and a profound sense of the present. It peaked at hour 3 and overall lasted 4-5 hours. Going to up the dose to 1500mg next time, and dose during the day on an empty stomach.

Hoping to experience this with my long-distance partner who will be visiting soon and who has struggled with the depression, anxieties, past resentments, and addictions that many of us here are familiar with.

Am working on the second flush and have inoculated more jars for scale-up. Have been growing the "Golden Teacher" strain and am wondering if anyone recommends others?

Thanks to all for sharing their inspiring experiences with growing and taking psilocybin, especially Mushie and Closet Farmer!

by Anonymousreply 55Last Tuesday at 6:24 PM

Hey R54, R52 here. We do four days on, three days off.

I take 250mgs daily and my partner takes 200. I'm bigger than he is by about 45 pounds, not sure if that matters, but we both found those doses to be our sweet spots. I kept going up 50mgs every month, starting at 100, until I felt just right at 250. I don't really know how to explain it, I just knew it when I hit it.

I wanted to add here that our sex life has never been better. That connection/introspection/gratitude spreads to loved ones, too.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Wednesday at 8:51 AM

Good morning, Lotion. I highly recommend Penis Envy next for you. Golden Teachers are perfect for beginner growers--they're generous and less finicky than some of their cousins. Penis Envy are consistently more potent than Goldens BUT are slow growers and have a lower yield.

When you're ready to dose PE, let's talk first. You'll want to dose half of what you think, it hits twice as hard as Goldens, and tends to be a more emotional trip. If you're wanting a heroic experience that gets into some ego death, PEs are the way to go. And you'll want to be in a very solid head space. They are divine and transformative but you want to be very respectful of their power.

So great your last trip went so well. I've been thinking about you and was hoping for the best. Sounds like it was a perfect ride.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Wednesday at 9:04 AM

Hi everyone, Snacker here checking in. I have been following the threads periodically but I am not on my phone/DL nearly as much as I was before microdosing. I've been a DLER for 15 years, and the past 7 years very_intensively_, so this is a real switch. I'm busier now, doing things: yardwork, masturbating again finally, making money (not by masturbating), fostering dogs as always, but TAKING PART IN LIFE. I credit the microdosing-- what else can it be?

I am proud of you all. Such a great "journey" to take with you all.

FWIW, I started small 50-100 a few times a week during the day. I switched it up and started doing 250 BEFORE BED. I sleep like a rock and wake positive and completely refreshed. Ability to see the bigger picture, creativity coming back after a biblical drought (is there such a thing?). Occasionally, I have 350 (always at bedtime). A few consecutive days off here and there. Husband is 50, was very much turning into an old curmudgeon. He just had three this week and it's night and day in the disposition.

Things are going great. Love to you all.

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 11:34 AM

By the way, I started just before Christmas, for a timeframe.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 11:46 AM

Aw...Lotionman! :) I would be nowhere without you all! I'm verklempt... I'm so jealous about your trip and can't wait to try it myself. And I'm so glad it turned out well.

Snacker actually just made a connection for me: I have been sleeping SO MUCH BETTER for the last month or two. I barely slept at all for the entire year before, but now I have no problem falling asleep and I don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I'm sure the microdosing is why.

Mushie, that would have been awesome - imagine dowels from the Mushfather! It's funny but one of the best things about DL is that it can be completely anonymous and there is no "cult of personality" (or not too much) unless people want it, but it's a nuisance when you want to exchange private info or something.

So while I was waiting to see what you suggested, I found this person online who sells the sterilized plugs with a inoculation hole of some kind. I think they would take me just about up to the part in your directions where you talk about loading in jars, although the sterilized dowels will not be wet at all. I guess what I'm asking is, could I just do the rest of the steps with the dowels as you wrote it - take mycelium from the boxes? Would I have to wet the dowels? Or should I order spores and use the innoculation ports. OR...can you give me those contacts for pre-populated dowels? I suspect that would make it easier and trust your recommendations as they have never yet steered me wrong. And yeah, I am in NY.

Also wondering about the wood. The tree was an oak, so what kind of spores are best, do you think?

by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 2:57 PM

Also wanted to say: R48, if I can grow them, I know anyone can. I am horrible with any kind of plants usually but after an initial false start, I really started to "get" it and you will too.

I'm not joking, growing them actually seems to add a connection of its own, and once I finish my capsules I doubt I will buy more as I can grow more than I will use. I filled an entire 2-quart jar with dried ones and my new boxes are really just in early days. You should definitely give it a shot!

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 3:03 PM

Hi Closet, sorry for the delay! So you asked: "I guess what I'm asking is, could I just do the rest of the steps with the dowels as you wrote it - take mycelium from the boxes? Would I have to wet the dowels?"

Yup, after you've soaked the dowels overnight, just follow the rest of my directions/video directions. I do think this is the best way to go for a beginner--ordering online and then doing the jar method. Ordering spores and inoculating the dowels yourself is a real pain in the butt mostly for the tedium and risk for contamination during such a long, tedious process.

What type of strain can you order? Oak works for nearly anything, but let me know and we'll get you situated.

by Anonymousreply 62Last Friday at 8:03 PM

I loved the first thread & having trouble obtaining --- I think I could benefit greatly from low-dosing the 100 mg caps, and tried searching IG as recommended for purveyors, no response from the one I contacted - in US - there was a Canadian site that won't ship? Any hints for me?

by Anonymousreply 63Last Friday at 8:45 PM

R51, Paxil shouldn’t be a problem. No SSRI should; the only contraindication is for MAOIs type anti-depressants. There’s a small chance of serotonin syndrome if you’re on one of those.

The only concern is that the SSRI may prevent the microdose from being as effective as it could be, and in that case you might find it necessary to take a higher dose: 150 or 200mg instead of 100, if you want to start out low.

I tried 100mg for a week or so (I can’t remember exactly how long now, this was back in late Jan/early Feb) and I felt a big difference almost immediately. Like, after the 2nd or 3rd day. I had a bit of difficulty at first because I was getting anxious after dosing, feeling like I had low blood sugar and needed to eat... didn’t feel particularly comfortable. I’m not sure what that was all about, but at the time I was also starting to taper off from kratom, which was a difficult process itself but one that I might not have been able to continue pursuing if it hadn’t been for the microdosing. Anyway, I quickly worked my way up to 200mg doses, and continued to feel great. Now, I feel better than ever, but a lot of that may have to do with being almost completely done with kratom (I’m on such a low dose of it now, there’s almost no point in maintaining it.)

My latest order was for 250mg capsules, because it was more economical. But I haven’t wanted to take a full capsule just yet, so I’ve been doing a bit of awkward partial emptying of the capsules to try to take ~200mg at a time. By the way, whoever said in the first thread that these shrooms “taste literally like shit” must not be a fan of mushrooms in general. They’re delicious!

Oh, I forgot the whole point of this reply. I’ve been on 100mg of Zoloft for over ten years. No issues, as I said the 100mg mushroom capsule was effective within the first week.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Friday at 8:57 PM

What about cherry or peach wood?

by Anonymousreply 65Last Friday at 10:05 PM

R63 - you can get the capsules from microdose nature dot com (don’t want to type the actual URL but you see what it is). They are from Canada but ship to the US and are very fast and reliable.

If you want spores to grow your own, it’s premium spores dot com. I tried one other place but this is the much better one.

by Anonymousreply 66Yesterday at 4:59 AM

Hi everyone!

Mushie, thank you! 😊 I can order any kind of spores and start new rice bags just for the plugs, or maybe even grow the mycelium right in the jars with a grain substrate and the dowels mixed in...? Would that work? And how exactly? I have been using the original Uncle Ben’s method linked early in the old thread because it’s idiot proof (well, mostly 😊) but I saw for sale those mason jar lids with an injection port and filter that basically do the same thing. I also read somewhere about just putting the soaked/drained dowels in a jar by themselves and dripping the spores over them through the port, but feel like it would just end up in the bottom without some medium around it to absorb it.

What spores should I try? So far I have grown five kinds successfully in the closet - B+, Penis Envy, Koh Samui, Mazatapec and Maui, all from Premium Spores. Right now the last three are in the boxes and already fruiting but I’m not sure I’d be able to extract any mycelium without disturbing them. I have all kinds of time and should probably start with new spores. 😊

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 67Yesterday at 5:42 AM

[R66] 1000 thanks! May all your dreams come true!

I will start with caps. I rec'd an oyster mushroom kit as a gift and it was wonderful, though I didn't get a second flush. I waited for a while, nothing. I took it outside & broke it up, smeared some of it on the trunk of a tree, put some of it in an aged weathered wooden box, and scattered the rest nearby on woodchip mulch. Last week I noticed oyster mushrooms growing on the mulch, so at some point I will try spores too.

by Anonymousreply 68a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!