Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lana Del Rey is confronting cancel culture on her upcoming album

What does DL have to say about this? She seems to be maligned here, generally speaking. I do think she has let her feelings get the better of her by recurrently making social media posts responding to her detractors. It appears from the outside that she doesn't have a publicist. Either that, or she's made enough cash now that she doesn't care what happens.

[quote]Lana Del Rey just released her new album Chemtrails Over The Country Club yesterday. And now she’s already announced a follow-up album, Rock Candy Sweet, which she says will be out on June 1st — and responded to a Harper’s Bazaar article titled “Lana Del Rey Can’t Qualify Her Way Out Of Being Held Accountable.”

[quote]“Just want to say thank you again for the kind articles like this one and for reminding me that my career was built on cultural appropriation and glamorizing domestic abuse,” Lana wrote on her Instagram story. “I will continue to challenge those thoughts on my next record June 1 titled Rock Candy Sweet.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2022 10:40 PM

Ugly and a forgettable voice.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2021 12:23 AM

Frau-d

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2021 12:24 AM

She's releasing another album in three months' time?

Anyway, Lana's music isn't supposed to be politically correct. It never has been. In fact, it's unapologetically un-PC - all about decadence, co-dependence and unhealthy relationship dynamics. She's not recording musical self-help books.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2021 12:34 AM

R3 I think her newly-released one was completed a long time ago, but they postponed the release because of COVID. The followup that's supposed to come out in June was probably written and recorded over the last year.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2021 12:41 AM

Is she a great big fat person?

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2021 12:46 AM

That Lizzy is such a phony!

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2021 1:02 AM

She's not the brightest person but I like her music. It helps me fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2021 1:05 AM

Did she drop all the weight?

In that respect, she's like Adele. I actually found her more interesting when she was fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2021 4:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2021 4:55 AM

She's not even interesting enough to be boring.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2021 4:57 AM

Lana Del Ray is a QUEEN!

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2021 5:00 AM

Her just-released album has one of the worst covers in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2021 5:03 AM

Wtf do you care OP? Last time I checked we still had free speech in this country. She’s not allowed to have a negative opinion about cancel culture without having to be subjected to cancellation? Give me a fucking break

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2021 6:09 AM

Why is she getting so much hate? She is just an entertainer. Do her opinions on life really impact any of us? I’m more concerned about the Qanon assholes who have infiltrated DC.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2021 7:38 AM

She’s kind of empty and dark. I like!

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2021 8:41 AM

Who cares. She’s talentless.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2021 11:08 AM

I didn't know much about her until some IG rant she posted where she said a critic shouldn't be allowed to talk about her because "my gift is the warmth I live my life with and the self reflection I share generously." Insufferable.

Then about a year ago she started bitching about black singers "singing about fucking" and why can't SHE sing about being a glamorous woman who is submissive, and "I'm not a feminist but feminism owes space to women who look like me."

She's forever saying something like "I can't be racist, I have rapper friends and I give to Native American organizations." She's also really fond of rightwing rhetoric like "The culture is super sick right now. ...they wanna turn my post, my advocacy for fragility, into a race war," and saying Trump didn't mean to incite the coup attempt, he just didn't realize what he was doing.

Everything out of this woman's mouth is self-absorbed, insufferable and poorly worded. She's one of those people who are either incredibly dumb or always trolling, and it's impossible to tell which.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2021 12:37 PM

She has a unique voice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2021 12:41 PM

R17 I don't think she's racist. She named those women because they were her favorite singers. But people see a white woman and think oh she's racist! Look at this karen.

She has it in her head that she gets more criticism than other people and it gets to her. So she was saying why don't you criticize them? They're much sexier than I am.

She needs to just ignore it and not let it get to her. This is why she doesn't do many interviews. She... Isn't the brightest self promoter anyway. The feminism thing? Stick to the music making.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2021 6:22 PM

R18, Lol she sounds like a mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2021 7:46 PM

I loved her early stuff. Dreamy melodies and interesting lyrics. She filled a void for sure. But she's very one note. That said, the racist shit is stupid. She's not the most well spoken person, but I highly doubt she's racist.

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2021 9:39 PM

She's just a rich, dumb, marginally talented, cosplaying airhead. That doesn't make her evil.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2021 9:52 PM

I am pleased that this talentless whore was able to de-inflate her horrible duck lips.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2021 9:54 PM

To me she is the closest thing to Bobbie Gentry we have today. I suspect that like Ms. Gentry, she will one day walk away from it all and we will be left to search for her.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2021 10:14 PM

She's moody and vague sounding. I kind of like a lot of what she does. We probably should not attribute nothing too deep to her. But she's different than the rest of the girls out there. Not to be dismissed. If only for her love AND understanding of Leonard Cohen. Sexual degradation and satisfaction, ennui and the endless pursuit of it all. Lana Del Rey is a dark romantic. I've never had quaalude sex but she makes want it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2021 12:29 AM

She's dating a Deplorable and living in Oklahoma. Enough said. A rich, whiny person who thinks she has a particularly deep insight into Weltschmerz. How original. I'm sure Ivanka Trump portrays herself as a true champion of working mothers, too.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2021 12:38 AM

R26 They broke up awhile ago.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2021 1:26 AM

She has a point. Many female pop singers and rappers present a highly sexual image and vulgar lyrics yet are called empowering. Why is Lana considered regressive because presents a submissive image? Women are heavily sexualized and Beyonce and Cardi profit off of that.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2021 9:00 PM

R13 take your meds, you are jumping to far too many conclusions

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2021 1:11 AM

R24 I think you're probably right. Especially taking into account the subject matter of her songs on her last few albums (where she seems to be worn out with her fame), I can see her retiring by 40 and living a quiet life with all the money she's made—and I wouldn't blame her.

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2021 1:12 AM

It's tragic when women put on weight and none of it goes to the breasts. If you're going to be fat, you should at least get to have boobies.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2021 1:15 AM

Also, there's no transfer to your pencil dick R31! You're a fat pasty white old man. There's just a thin button nub on your scaly flesh. Your dick will need injections. Still can't see it?

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2021 2:57 AM

R32 is

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2021 3:21 AM

I am surprised that so many people (especially on DL) hurl the "ugly" insult at her. She is certainly not ugly. There is something somber and mysterious about her, which is clearly just baked into her personality—and it shows in the music. She is a Cancer, after all, which more or less explains it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2021 3:29 AM

R33 is THE classic case of projection. himself. Pencil dick.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2021 3:46 AM

I adore her. She and Harry Styles are the only reason left to buy music.

Yeah, I miss the lush David Lynch homages but even her new stuff grows on me quickly. And I like the one piece bathing suits and t-shirts and the anti-slut persona. She is amazing. Give her a real shot if you haven't.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2021 4:04 AM

Who's ?

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2021 9:29 PM

White Dress is a grower and Chemtrails and Tulsa Jesus Freak are good songs too. I think she really doesn't give a fuck and doesn't have a filter which is refreshing. Lana isn't a nasty and insane bitch like Azalea Banks but she will go after people who attack her first. She is definitely arrogant though.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2021 9:38 PM

R38 I haven't been able to get into "White Dress" so much, though I do like "Tulsa Jesus Freak". My favorite song on the album I think is "Dark But Just a Game". It's the stand-out track IMO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2021 1:55 AM

Yeah, I can't take the high pitched whine on "White Dress" but the rest of the CD is great. Though nothing as moving as "Mariner Apartment Complex", so damn beautiful. But she is still amazing -- and, happily, prolific.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2021 2:06 AM

Her music is relaxing and good high music.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2021 3:43 PM

Her schtick was invented in concert with Jimmy Iovine, who advised her to get a nose job, change her style to retro-glam and perhaps even get breast implants. She's highly gaffed, she sings off-key and her nonsense lyrics are steeped in "irony" (quotations within quotations). Her bored, languid style, her shaky, off-pitch uneven voice she's not wholly in control of and her fake "style" are major turn-offs. If she's what passes for soulful then give me some honest artificiality.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2021 4:05 PM

This will end in tears!

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2021 4:15 PM

Her real name is Elizabeth and she was known as "Lizzie" before Iovine got his hooks in her. She's from a wealthy family, which is fine, but cultivates a vaguely "counterculture" persona (if that's possible these days), once laughably describing herself as "the ghetto Nancy Sinatra" - who was in fact more "ghetto" than Lana/Lizzie could ever be given her father's criminal associates. It was Tina who grew up among the hoods and murderers her father mixed with. Why anyone would consider this glamorous is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2021 4:16 PM

I like her songs better than any Taylor Swift song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2021 4:33 PM

Miley can sing some Lana Del Rey. Miley can sing....period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2021 9:58 PM

[R18] That. Was. Atrocious! Her modulation, her intonation, her phrasing - all ghastly. Never mind the sing-songy, nonsense lyrics about nothing, really. A poseur who's also musically incompetent. Worse than an amateur because she's being presented to us as modern chanteuse for literate hipsters. Could Jimmy Iovine at least found someone who could sing?

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2021 10:25 PM

R47 This one's better. She was better back in Brooklyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2021 10:33 PM

She's pretty good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2021 10:35 PM

r4 Still, shouldn't they space it out a little more?

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2021 10:38 PM

I don’t care what she writes about, but her voice is nails-on-a-chalkboard awful.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2021 10:40 PM

Her delirious vocals on "Yayo" are gorgeous IMO. Such a haunting, atmospheric, beautiful song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2021 1:59 AM

[R52] I think you might want to praise the recording technology as opposed to her actual voice. Some random tech nerds are responsible for making this shitty singer sound good. She can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2021 4:31 PM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2021 4:44 PM

Her new album is brilliant. Took a few spins, but I can’t stop listening now. Whatever you folk say, she’s a talented songwriter and singer (not everyone needs Mariah Carey vocal gymnastics to be a good singer FYI). Her first album is my least favourite, but she keeps getting better with each release.

by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2021 6:02 PM

[R55] Thanks for the heads-up up, Lana.

by Anonymousreply 56March 30, 2021 5:37 PM

Oh god, she's going to get cancelled...isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 57March 30, 2021 5:39 PM

I doubt she will get cancelled because nobody really gets cancelled. Even R Kelly couldn't be cancelled until he got arrested.

by Anonymousreply 58March 30, 2021 5:46 PM

Is this cockeyed bitch a Republican?

by Anonymousreply 59March 30, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote] Is this cockeyed bitch a Republican?

We don't know for sure about Lana. But we do know Beyoncé and Britney were Republicans (though that could have change...) and Shania said she would have voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 60March 30, 2021 7:29 PM

[R60] Jesus Christ, give it a rest on your party affiliation witch hunts. You're going to have to live in the Hell you helped create - I hope you remember that.

by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2021 7:51 PM

I'm not that surprised about Britney being Republican, given her (trashy) family and background. I am genuinely surprised to learn that Beyonce was ever a Republican. She was raised Catholic but she has always had a keen awareness of her race and identity. She performed for Obama in 2009, and she calls herself a feminist.

I don't see political affiliations as a witch hunt, by the way. Unless a public figure is ashamed of what they actually believe.

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2021 9:51 PM

I actually suspect many "left-wing" American celebrities vote Republican, when it comes down to it. The rich aren't keen on voting away their wealth. In the UK, it's called the Shy Tory Effect.

by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote]Oh god, she's going to get cancelled...isn't she?

We can only hope.

by Anonymousreply 64March 30, 2021 11:26 PM

Lana seems to be fairly apolitical (at least where her public persona is regarded), but when fans prodded her, she made it clear that she supported Biden's presidency. Lana is also an old-school Catholic who has idolized JFK and paid homage to him in music videos; the fact that she would support a Catholic Democrat is not surprising. She recorded this after the election was over as a tribute, it seems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 31, 2021 1:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 4, 2021 7:43 PM

Her man looks like a younger version of the cop.

by Anonymousreply 67April 4, 2021 7:48 PM

R67 he looks like a fuckboy

by Anonymousreply 68April 4, 2021 7:51 PM

R68, the shape of his face and his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 4, 2021 8:03 PM

She has the voice of a braying goat.

by Anonymousreply 70April 4, 2021 8:07 PM

no kidding, a sick goat on bad acid......how this fug a 'star' ?????

by Anonymousreply 71April 4, 2021 9:40 PM

why she got goofy eyes? her man hit in face wid a fryin pan?

by Anonymousreply 72April 4, 2021 9:41 PM

She sings like my granny on thorazine.

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2021 9:43 PM

R13, freedom of speech means freedom to criticize people....like the Republicans who bitch about "cancel culture" because someone called them out for bad behavior

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2021 9:45 PM

Beyonce isn't a Republican. She supported Beto O'Rourke's senate run.

Where do people get this shit?

by Anonymousreply 75April 4, 2021 9:46 PM

R28, how is it empowering to be a dumb Republican bimbo who's only famous for being pretty (thanks to plastic surgery)?

by Anonymousreply 76April 4, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote] . I am genuinely surprised to learn that Beyonce was ever a Republican. She was raised Catholic but she has always had a keen awareness of her race and identity. She performed for Obama in 2009, and she calls herself a feminist.

Actually I think Beyoncé was raised Methodist or Baptist. Anyway, the Black Republicans aren't uncommon especially the pro-business religious ones in the South who buy the Booker T Washington bootstraps ideology. I definitely could see Mathew being a Republican. I think Hurricane Katrina was when Bush began losing a lot of support from his Black voters though. Beyoncé strikes me as apolitical anyway.

Beyoncé denies being a Republican and said she only performed for Bush because of her young fanbase who were in the audience. It shows how different the climate was back then. Chrisette Michele got cancelled and humiliated for performing for Trump though that's understandable because Trump was openly racist and intolerant while Bush kept his mouth shut and seems more dumb than malicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 4, 2021 9:49 PM

R76 How is it empowering being a walk sex object for men to jack off to who is also only famous for being pretty? Neither side is promoting intellectualism and spiritual growth here.

by Anonymousreply 78April 4, 2021 9:53 PM

*walking

by Anonymousreply 79April 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R78, I don't even like Beyonce that much but she can sing circles around Lana. Silly to compare them.

by Anonymousreply 80April 4, 2021 10:27 PM

Beyoncé is a good singer but she wastes her talent on a lot of mediocre material. Lana isn't much of a singer but she at leasts writes her stuff.

Lana is the one who opened up that comparison with her Instagram post herself.

by Anonymousreply 81April 4, 2021 10:30 PM

holy cow, del rey has the talent of a old boot thats been soakin in whiskey for a year.

by Anonymousreply 82April 4, 2021 10:49 PM

Maybe she shared her sweet cookies with executives that made her big.....she has big record sales? how?

by Anonymousreply 83April 4, 2021 10:57 PM

She's been eating all the cookies herself.

by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2021 11:00 PM

I like the music. The orchestra behind her music.

True, her music is not deep or intelligent. It's about falling in love, having sex and being burned by guys who can't reciprocate the feelings back.

by Anonymousreply 85April 4, 2021 11:00 PM

a bit more blubber on her white ass and she can be a plum woke lizzo fuktard.

by Anonymousreply 86April 4, 2021 11:16 PM

LOL she's a fucking joke. That's not even her real name. She was a rich chubby blonde girl that used her family money to try to get a music career.

I only remember her because of that song from the Nespresso commercial with Penelope Cruz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 4, 2021 11:59 PM

who would wanna pay to listen to her downtrodden whimper?

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2021 12:05 AM

This woman's success proves hype is more important than actual talent.

She's a somnambulist's dream!

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2021 12:07 AM

She should have been forgotten after that SNL disaster. I can't believe she's even still a thing.

by Anonymousreply 90April 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Don't forget the new face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 5, 2021 12:10 AM

Who hasn't had their Hollywood nose job?

by Anonymousreply 92April 5, 2021 12:16 AM

OMG the snl fiasco......she was / is the laughing stock of the industry........

by Anonymousreply 93April 5, 2021 1:00 AM

A lot of you bitter queens are seriously out of touch if you actually believe she is the "laughing stock of the industry". Her SNL performance was bad, but that was now a decade ago and a lot has happened since. Like her or not, she's one of the more well-respected singer-songwriters working today, gets consistent critical praise, and has broken chart records.

by Anonymousreply 94April 5, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]A lot of you bitter queens are seriously out of touch if you actually believe she is the "laughing stock of the industry". Her SNL performance was bad, but that was now a decade ago and a lot has happened since. Like her or not, she's one of the more well-respected singer-songwriters working today, gets consistent critical praise, and has broken chart records.

I don't know if LDR is a "laughingstock", I don't care much about her to do any deep research. To me, her music is nothing special.

Critical acclaim doesn't mean much these days, not to the average young fan, it's more about peer pressure and belonging. Lots of people listen to certain musicians because their friends enjoy the same music.

Fans should have more of a discerning ear and think for themselves, not be forced to like or buy things because others do. It's unfortunate that so many people are sheep. To me, having a discerning ear means more than listening to what some bloviating critic has to say.

Huge sales also don't mean that something is good let alone great. For instance, when he first hit the music scene, Bowie's records never sold well, now he's deemed a musical genius.

I've never been swayed by any critic's reviews, especially when it comes to music. There's always been so much garbage out there and not just these days. 'Musicians' are pushed on the public for so many reasons, especially in a world where braindead reality show idiots become 'stars', many musicians with minimal talent can easily become famous.

Most importantly, without fans and their money, none of these showbiz people, that includes all performers across the board, would be rich and famous. Critics don't make these people rich and famous, fans do.

Not all fans have great taste, but they sure do have the power to make minimally talented people very rich and famous.

by Anonymousreply 95April 5, 2021 2:23 AM

She has the voice of an asthmatic hummingbird.

by Anonymousreply 96April 5, 2021 4:09 AM

I wonder how many times she let Harvey heave his bulk on top of her, filling the void where her dignity used to be with his shame gravy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 5, 2021 5:53 AM

she has his spit and swill all over her fat body.

by Anonymousreply 98April 5, 2021 7:21 AM

Her singing is laughable. All I needed was to hear the raw audio posted above. She's tone deaf and changes keys with subtlety of a freight train.

by Anonymousreply 99April 5, 2021 3:29 PM

How is this woman still relevant after all the shit flop albums she done made???

by Anonymousreply 100April 6, 2021 5:52 PM

Like her recent one nominated for Album of the Year on the Grammies? If she is failing, she is failing upwards.

by Anonymousreply 101April 6, 2021 11:56 PM

(She just doesn't have much presence on the Singles charts but who does? Harry Styles doesn't either),

by Anonymousreply 102April 6, 2021 11:56 PM

My favorite Lana moment is when she named a few artists that had hit songs about sucking duck. The artists were mostly black .and Ariana grande so she got dragged because black women and Ariana were singing about sucking sick like the skanks they are.

by Anonymousreply 103April 7, 2021 12:10 AM

Lana said to give the best blowjobs in the toilet....

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2021 12:26 AM

She is coma inducing

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2021 12:32 AM

Her performance on SNL was even worse than mine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2021 3:01 AM

This is what Lana thinks of all her haters. (You're the helicopter. You get blown away.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2021 3:18 AM

R106 No, you still are the worst. At least LDR didn't stop singing and launch into a demented leprechaun jig.

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2021 3:19 AM

She is a fake tone deaf butthead who sucked her way to the middle...

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2021 4:12 AM

The projection is real, R109

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2021 5:15 PM

her nickname in the industry is DumbTits...

by Anonymousreply 111April 9, 2021 1:57 AM

I can almost see her on some show doing an interview in 2050. She's like everyone else who's at that age inwardly depressed they're going to be dying. She will look like a lizard woman from plastic surgery and envious of the young.

by Anonymousreply 112April 9, 2021 2:10 AM

is she a junkie? HER Music is kinda like that...

by Anonymousreply 113April 9, 2021 2:55 AM

I still like her. I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2021 12:34 PM

Tone-deaf singers, blind painters, deaf composers, quadriplegic dancers - Lana is of this new and noble tradition....YOU MUST LIKE HER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 115April 10, 2021 5:03 PM

Have you even listened to her work R115? Or did you just watch one poor performance and base your entire view of her output on that? She’s released some of the best and most critically acclaimed albums of the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 116April 10, 2021 5:11 PM

[R116] I've heard enough. And there's no serious music press left to speak of. Their "critical acclaim" is a joke. Have you looked at Metacritic music reviews? It's PR adjacent. You'd think we were living in a Golden Age of music. SHE CAN'T SING!

by Anonymousreply 117April 10, 2021 5:27 PM

Of course she can fucking sing. “SHE CAN’T SING” simply means you don’t like her singing. That’s your prerogative. There’s plenty singers I don’t like, although I don’t feel the need to bitch about it on here and pass my opinion off as fact. LDR has only been around a decade and she’s released a string of excellent albums, and has a timeless sound and great voice. Unlike a lot of the generic autotuned singers out there now, I’m pretty certain people will still be listening to her and talking about her for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 118April 10, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]She’s released some of the best and most critically acclaimed albums of the past few years.

Billie Eyetrash has won TWO Record the the Year Grammy’s. It is a VERY low bar for critical acclaim in today’s industry.

by Anonymousreply 119April 10, 2021 10:16 PM

[R118] No she can't. And my mission is to stop you from justifying the lowering of standards. You little bastard. Lana Del Rey SUCKS! She can't sing! Have you ever heard a real singer? I pity you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 10, 2021 10:58 PM

R120 oh good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2021 1:32 PM

R120 has confirmed that Lana's detractors on DL are all ancient, out-of-touch, bitter gays who just want someone to hate. Listen to this at the 2:00 mark and please regale us with how she just "can't sing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2021 3:02 PM

Also, for the record, you don't have to be fucking Maria Callas to be a great artist. There are plenty of famous singers with average voices who still make music that is interesting and worth listening to for other reasons. As long as the voice is distinct and used in the right context, it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2021 3:05 PM

Amen, R123 . This “can’t sing” business pisses me off because it’s a meaningless and demonstrably false comment. Just because a singer may not have “technical brilliance” doesn’t mean they don’t have a good, pleasing voice and sound.

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2021 3:28 PM

[R122] Dumb comment.

by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2021 3:12 PM

She's different for sure. I like her music.

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2021 3:27 PM

Her last two albums are great. Love seeing her live.

by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2021 3:34 PM

Love her, and love her even more if she’s standing up to the thought police.

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm sorry but I do love her songs better than Taylor Swift.

If you have a certain sadness inside you, you can relate to her.

by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2021 6:01 PM

She is interesting and evocative. Love her for a certain melancholy mood.

by Anonymousreply 130November 30, 2022 9:47 PM

welll, I for one didn't like her, but now I like that she has cojones to stand up against the woke nuts. I'm gonna listen her next album.

by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2022 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!