Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stevie Nicks Blocked Viral Skateboarding TikToker from making any money off his video

Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" is part of the Warner Music Group catalog, so they reached out to see if they could include the track on the famous 23-second TikTok clip of Nathan skateboarding to it while sipping on cranberry juice ... which he wants to sell as a non-fungible token (NFT)

Stevie -- who wrote the song -- was offered 50 percent from the sale ... but she shot it down.

The viral guy feels she is wrong for this because his video made them popular with younger people and their song and albums charted again after his video went viral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2021 9:37 AM

I don't blame her. I read the attached article and still don't know what an NFT is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2021 7:30 PM

R1 who cares? It’s to use the song, not own it. They’re asking to use it. And she’d be making 50%.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2021 7:33 PM

I just read this article and it explained it pretty well. I'm ready to be a NFT broker!

by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2021 7:37 PM

She should kick herself in her own cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2021 7:44 PM

Bitch should make a Tik-Tok of her getting kicked in the cunt bone.

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2021 7:54 PM

her song, her call

I met her once; she was a doll.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2021 7:55 PM

Stevie Nicks has got to be the most overrated singer/songwriter of all time. Bitch how many two chord songs can you write?

by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2021 7:58 PM

I am old enough to remember when the internet was free. This is bananas.

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2021 8:04 PM

Players only love you when they're playing.

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2021 8:56 PM

Stevie is morphing into Norma Desmond.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2021 12:18 AM

She's a cunt!!!

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2021 8:14 AM

She didn’t want her work used that way; he can make another TikTok clip using another song. I don’t see what the problem is. Trying to sell a 23-second clip for half a million bucks makes the guy sound like a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2021 8:24 AM

He looks like a lazy stoner

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Why the fuck does she care? She's almost dead and has no children.

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2021 8:05 PM

She is a CUNT and an egotist of the nastiest heights.

I truly despise this bitch now.

Horrendous creature.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2021 8:31 PM

I thought she sold her "catalog."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2021 8:38 PM

She should have filed a cease and desist and then bankrupted him for the copyright violation.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2021 10:51 PM

Meanwhile, he just made her a bunch of money by promoting that song.

Fat, ungrateful addict cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2021 10:53 PM

He got a new truck, lots of free cranberry juice, and was able to move out of his trailer into a house, get married with a new diamond engagement ring, and got a lot of cash. He should be happy that she didn't file a cease and desist, because it was a fluke that that video took off, and it was because of the song, along with the feature tattoo and good energy he provided. The video came along at some awful time in the land of tRump. It was like the cat in the courtroom, just a serendipitous and fun diversion from last year's hell.

There is a young woman who sings "Dreams" who also became a phenomenon at the same time. I love her version which I must have listened to 50 times but now I am sick of it. And Mick Fleetwood contacted him and made a video with him. It would be degrading for Stevie Nicks to sell her song for this purpose.

As a TikTok aside, there were just 2 teenage girls who placed their iPhone camera in my Little Free Library box (must have been the right height and stable) and spent about 20 minutes doing TikTok dances in front of it. My upstairs window overlooks the scene, and it was wacky and would have embarrassed them if they knew someone was watching.

Lanie Gardner singing at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2021 11:07 PM

If she sold her catalog, won't her songs be able to be used in commercials? I think I saw a commercial somewhere using the song "Landslide." So much for her "art."

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2021 11:11 PM

I read the article above and still have absolutely no idea what an NFT is. Sounds like a scam for gullible people with more money than sense.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2021 9:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!