Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brittany Murphy’s mysterious death to be explored in HBO documentary

Should be interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 2:37 PM

That was some weird shit.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2021 5:26 PM

It's premiering on October 14th.

I always thought the mom offed Brittany and the husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2021 3:03 PM

Oh.. i really want to see this.

All I remember is the room was found with many different prescription bottles.

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2021 3:09 PM

I am definitely going to watch this. I was so sure Monjack was behind her death but then HIS death made me question the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2021 3:18 PM

Such a sad, bizarre story — looking forward to the documentary!

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2021 3:52 PM

Weren't the mom and the widower sleeping in the same bed after Brittany died? WTF was that about?

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2021 4:07 PM

Monjack happened

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2021 4:15 PM

Hasn't this been explored, like, 40 different times?

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2021 4:15 PM

Fucking fascinating. Further in-depth "investigations" into this nobody.

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2021 4:48 PM

I think the mom 100% killed her.

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2021 4:50 PM

That was some V.C. Andrews shit.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2021 5:17 PM

Also something “Law and Order” would ‘rip from the headlines’! They should have done an episode based on this. They did Anna Nicole and JonBenet Ramsey.

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2021 5:18 PM

I think it was just a fluke. She was profoundly unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2021 5:22 PM

What are the chances that she and her husband died of the same mysterious illness merely months apart? Her dad thinks her mom did it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2021 6:10 PM

Wasn't she a hoarder? Her bathroom certainly looked like it.

by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2021 6:13 PM

Damn what if her own mother killed her. That would be horrible.

She was so beautiful. Even when she didn’t look so healthy her beauty came through.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2021 6:15 PM

I'm definitely watching this. Thanks, OP and follow up poster, R2

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2021 6:22 PM

I thought she was lovely,charming, and talented. The whole thing was beyond bizarre and confusing and I still don't quite grasp it. I assume her immune system was severely weakened but that doesn't explain why her husband Simon Monjack deteriorated so quickly as well.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2021 6:44 PM

I am commenting so when it comes out I remember this thread. Her mother absolutely killed them. Or, the husband killed her and the mother killed him.

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2021 6:52 PM

I remember reading something about their house being shitty, possibly over saturated with the more harmful mold types. The effects can vary person to person, but in those that are already vulnerable (for whatever reasons) I could see it taking a real toll physically and mentally. Though I do think the mom is suspicious as hell too.

I'm going to watch to see if they dug up any new facts or come to interesting conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2021 6:52 PM

Why would the kill them? Where is the mother today?

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2021 7:00 PM

^^^the mother

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2021 7:01 PM

When I first saw a photo of Murphy & Monjack together, I thought: She must have low self-esteem. Maybe judgmental, but he just looked so unappealing, esp. considering the choices (in men) she probably had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2021 7:02 PM

#FreeBrittany

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote] Weren't the mom and the widower sleeping in the same bed after Brittany died? WTF was that about?

I recall that was mentioned in articles and I think some Reelz channel show mentioned that too.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2021 4:41 AM

I thought her death was essentially the same as Anna Nicole Smith's: Trying to treat pneumonia at home. If only someone had called 911, they both might have survived.

by Anonymousreply 26October 7, 2021 5:14 AM

Her mother sold Brittany's stuff on ebay after she died. How tacky.

by Anonymousreply 27October 7, 2021 5:20 AM

Trailer is out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2021 12:22 PM

This is a story screaming for the Ryan Murphy "American Crime Story" treatment.

by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2021 12:35 PM

She was one of those people who when thin always looked over stressed, like it wasn’t her natural state and she desperately wanted to eat something, but lived in constant fear that she would blow up if she did. She had hungry, desperate eyes.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2021 12:53 PM

I loved this song. She had a powerful, seductive sounding voice. I wish she'd have pursued a recording career:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2021 1:02 PM

I have met extremely ugly men who can literally charm the pants off of you. I think Monjack was that guy.

I don't remember if they ever reported on them having relationship issues. I do remember hearing that her bathroom was her sanctuary. People who consider their bathroom to be a sanctuary often do so because it's where they do their drugs, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2021 1:09 PM

she was supposedly working on an album with Paul O but the other tracks have not surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2021 1:17 PM

R32 Bulimics usually also consider their bathrooms sanctuaries.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2021 1:33 PM

No discussion now that it out, that seems weird?

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Ugh, Simon is such a gross, disgusting individual that it skeeves me out to look at pictures and videos of him, really a truly repulsive person. And that mother is so whacked out of her mind, with such a twisted mask like face and her emotions seem to be running the in all different directions simultaneously. These are scary, scary people and I feel I need to take a shower after watching them.

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2021 5:37 PM

It was black mold in the house, no mystery

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2021 5:38 PM

I’m a bit frustrated by all the continuous insertions of film clips without any attribution and how they are interspliced in a salacious manner. She must have a much larger body of work then I ever recognized. That girl was seemingly worked to death, and probably died just to get some rest and not be a cash cow for the people around her, and at the top of the list her mother and husband.

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2021 5:41 PM

That's an interesting thought, R38

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2021 5:51 PM

Posted this n the other thread, but they found 90 prescription bottles on the husband’s nightstand, under various aliases, it’s a miracle they didn’t die sooner. She was severely anemic, and had advanced pneumonia, why don’t people go to hospitals???

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2021 5:56 PM

I’m a bit frustrated that there are insertions of makeup youtubers who are carrying elements of the documentary and I’m not even sure if these are period videos or some talking heads that were inserted to provide this perspective of the narrative. And how weird is it that the head of a fan club for her becomes very close friends with her absentee father? And Perez Hilton, no, just no. Once there were ethical and journalistic standards for inclusion in documentaries, but it doesn’t seem to be applicable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2021 6:26 PM

Is that it, two episodes? Brittany deserved so much better then this. It may have had high productions values, and be on HBO, but this was schlock pure and simple. And Perez Hilton should be forbidden to have any access to media and should be in hiding, fearing for being dragged into the streets and tarred and feathered. He is a vile human being.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 6:45 PM

This trio had an odd relationship. How do you go from Ashton Kutcher to Simon Monjack? Was he supplying her with illegal prescription drugs? Her career was slipping. There were rumors of drug abuse and an eating disorder. How come Sharon didn't die from toxic mold too since she was living in the house. After Brittany died, Sharon moved into her bed; if there was mold in there she would have been exposed? Yet Sharon seemed convincingly distraught over Brittany's death.

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2021 7:14 PM

The film clip parts were sort of distracton and i noticed some disclaiming about possible for people with seizures.

by Anonymousreply 44October 15, 2021 1:59 AM

R44 Is that what that was about??? I kept waiting for strobe lights.

by Anonymousreply 45October 15, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote] Is that it, two episodes? Brittany deserved so much better then this. It may have had high productions values, and be on HBO, but this was schlock pure and simple

Yeah, this wasn't one of HBO's better documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 2:12 AM

Who the fuck decided they need makeup influencers???

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 2:13 AM

[quote]Is that it, two episodes? Brittany deserved so much better then this.

Absolutely, she truly was the people's princess.

by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 2:14 AM

So, basically, no new information and no new theories were revealed by this documentary?

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 2:21 AM

Didn't she buy that house from Brittney Spears? Is that perhaps why all the mystery around cause of death and why this has been so mishandled and hushed up? The house was torn down after Murphy died and now another mansion is in its place. You can't investigate a structure that no longer exists. I wonder if Spears or the person who owned it before Murphy knew it was a toxic home and illegally sold without disclosing the issue so there has been a huge cover up.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 8:07 AM

OP, why are we listening to you anyway? You’re a virgin. Who can’t. Drive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 8:34 AM

was the house possessed?

by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 10:01 AM

Plot twist, the house was erected on the empty lot where the Black Dahlia’s body was found.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 11:36 AM

Ashton Kutcher is a dick I bet he did a number on her mentally. January Jones talked about he would put her down when they were dating.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2021 12:00 PM

I’d never seen the Larry King interview with Sharon and Simon — the clips featured in the documentary were off-the-charts cringeworthy!

And what was going on with Brittany at the Independent Spirit Awards? That had to cause some tongues to wag!

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2021 12:02 PM

Did Ashton become callous towards woman as a result of the girlfriend he had being murdered?

by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2021 12:08 PM

R54 Good grief he's the last one who should be talking. January is no great talent but at least she has one very iconic role underneath her belt.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2021 12:19 PM

I tried looking for it on HBO last night and couldn’t find it.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2021 1:24 PM

It's on HBO Max as a "Max Original." R58

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]When I first saw a photo of Murphy & Monjack together, I thought: She must have low self-esteem.

Drug love.

by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2021 2:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!