Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida Republican paid a candidate to run so he'd steal votes from Democrats

Someone let Trump know that we found voter fraud!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 3:14 AM

It’s not voter fraud. It may be election fraud.

by Anonymousreply 1March 19, 2021 3:29 AM

Someone needs to find out who the mystery donor is:

Rodriguez did zero independent campaigning outside of political mail advertisements that were paid for by a mystery donor whose address leads to a UPS store in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 2March 19, 2021 3:34 AM

What happens the GOP candidate who only won because of fraud?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 19, 2021 3:44 AM

Why is Florida such a shithole?

by Anonymousreply 4March 19, 2021 3:45 AM

He's also a racist who hurled a racial slur at his black colleagues when he was a state senator

by Anonymousreply 5March 19, 2021 3:48 AM

Cheating is the only way they know how to win.

by Anonymousreply 6March 19, 2021 3:49 AM

And a homophobe who called people "faggots"

Asshole

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 19, 2021 3:51 AM

'He was probably a bernie bro, black lives matter, ANTIFA pedophile, vegetarian transgender atheist pretending to be a conservative!'

--Qanonmom78, typing furiously while desperately trying to shut out any glimpse at reality

by Anonymousreply 8March 19, 2021 4:05 AM

Totally an antifa plant!

by Anonymousreply 9March 19, 2021 4:06 AM

And, in Texas two Democrats were indicted for doing the same thing in their primary, to force a runoff with the incumbent. This is an old political trick. Both sides use it, especially in lower races, where you are less likely to attract attention. When I worked in political campaigning, several times my candidates suddenly faced two candidates with the same last name or one that shared their own last name.

It is usually used by the lowest most unethical campaign managers or shadowy people unconnected to the actual serious campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 19, 2021 4:19 AM

All the Deplorables do is cheat, lie, defraud, pay for trolls on here 24/7, use Roger Stone tactics, get in bed with Russian foreign opps who are enemies of the US, and try to block or end Democracy. They are a disgrace, and I would be ashamed to be associated to such an ignorant band of Cheaters and criminals.

by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2021 4:22 AM

R10, that was a primary. We're talking about a general election the incumbent wouldn't have won without cheating

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2021 4:06 PM

R12 My point is it's an old trick, that is more common than people realize. It isn't a new phenomenon, just the first time many are hearing about it. It is very, very common, for instance, in judicial races. You get a person with the same or similar name to the candidate you want to siphon votes from and run them. Or, if say two white people are running and there is a significant Latino population run a person with a Spanish surname. They are usually called "ghost candidates." Talk to anyone that has any experience running or working on multiple lower level campaigns and they will tell you they have run into it in both parties , in both primary and general campaigns. It is especially prevalent in states that have low ballot access, where you can just pay a fee and get on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2021 4:32 PM

Uh, Jill Stein... Ralph Nader... Ross Perot

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2021 4:54 PM

R14 They were real longshot candidates that actually campaigned. Ghost candidates are people who get on the ballot and then basically do no real campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2021 4:57 PM

This happened in 2018 too, I swear, I just don't know the keywords to find it in a search.

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2021 5:00 PM

My father has the same name as a former disgraced Democratic Presidential candidate and was offered money to run in our important early primary by some shady people. He declined.

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2021 5:05 PM

R17, sure he did. John Barron, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2021 5:06 PM

R13, ghost candidates in and of themselves aren't illegal. It's the illegal campaign contributions that did this guy in.

BTW, the donor who was funding this was traced to a post office box in Atlanta and also funded other no-name candidates. Any political insiders know who this might be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2021 6:48 PM

I cannot imagine being such a shitty candidate that the only way of winning is cheating.

by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2021 7:02 PM

The candidate who only won because of fraud should step down

by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2021 7:36 PM

R19 I have some ideas, but I'm not going to publicly guess.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2021 11:11 PM

Jaime Harrison spent a few mil of the $100 million raised to promote the libertarian in the Senate race. Supposedly, Lindsay was doing poorly with super conservative men and Harrison thought it was worth a try to build up a third party candidate and shave some votes. It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2021 5:01 AM

R23, says who? And making a campaign donation is not the same thing as bribing someone.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2021 4:20 PM

R23 will ignore all the conservatives who propped up Kanye and tried to get him on the ballot on the false belief that tons of black people would vote for him

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2021 4:22 PM

That’s not voter fraud, OP. Anyone can do that.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2021 4:27 PM

R26, maybe you misses the part where he was arrested

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2021 4:34 PM

"Missed" not "misses"

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2021 4:35 PM

Weird, a lot of people seem invested in defending a homophobic Republican.....

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2021 4:36 PM

How is this any different than lobbyists bankrolling candidates?

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2021 4:42 PM

R30, another false comparison. And why aren't you complaining about the NRA and Big Oil bankrolling GOP candidates?

Like I said, the trolls must be out in full force. Why would you be defending a far right homophobe on a gay board?

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2021 4:59 PM

R24 The AP says so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2021 5:00 PM

R32, that's not illegal, and where is your anger at all those GOP lawyers who tried to get Kanye on the ballot because they thought he would steal votes from Biden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2021 5:05 PM

R32 I'm not angry, that is politics. I'm not R23. R24 asked "says who," so I was just telling you who.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2021 5:19 PM

R34, you apparently didn't read the articles I posted. This guy committed a crime. That's not "just politics"

by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2021 5:22 PM

R35 You obviously can't follow a conversation. I wasn't saying the OP guy was "just politics" I was saying what Jamie Harrison did was just politics.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2021 6:06 PM

Artiles sounds like Florida's answer to that asshole former congressman from Staten Island, Michael Grimm.

by Anonymousreply 37March 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Florida Dems are asking Merrick Garland to investigate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2021 6:03 PM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 11, 2021 3:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!