Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Henry Darrow, Actor on "The High Chaparral," Dies at 87

The Emmy winner also starred opposite David Janssen on "Harry O" and worked on three TV versions of "Zorro."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2022 10:26 PM

No! Not Fidel Santiago!

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2021 7:43 PM

Aw. Another character from my teevee youth.

The Leo DiCaprio character's "Lancer" role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood kinda looked like Mr. Darrow in the High Chaparral. As a kid, I had zero clue what chaparral was, and I certainly wasn't alone. I'm still not entirely sure, think it's a desert plant. Odd name for a TV series, but catchy.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2021 11:23 PM

I'm bumping this because he didn't get the proper respect on Datalounge last year. Only 2 replies?!?

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2022 3:06 PM

High Chaparral had a good cast. I don’t know why it didn’t run very long and it isn’t better remembered unless it was because the genre was becoming less popular.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2022 3:10 PM

I thought that he was already dead.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2022 3:21 PM

I loved that show, and I wanted to be Manilito. Don't know what that says about me, except that I'm white, so maybe I was the original Rachel Dolezal before appropriation was uncool. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2022 4:50 PM

I’m devastated. Just devastated.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2022 5:08 PM

I always had vague memories of loving High Chaparral from early childhood, but when I tried to watch it again a few years ago it was so slow and dull. I did like Henry Darrow's character.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2022 6:00 PM

I wanted to fuck him when I was an oversexed child.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2022 6:33 PM

He was the guy who was recognizable and in everything but I never knew his name.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2022 6:40 PM

Beat it you 50 year old mattress!

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2022 6:47 PM

I loved "The High Chaparral" and basically all those adventure-Western shows.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2022 6:50 PM

His real name was Enrique Delgado and he went to my high school. Was president of his graduating class. Eleven years ago I was involved in a scholarship fundraiser show that invited back to many alumni who were or had been professional singers/dancers/actors. He and Benicio del Toro were among those asked back.

He sent his regrets as he was already battling Lupus. Benicio also declined, reminding our producer that he had been kicked out by eighth grade and did not look fondly back at his school days there. Other big names (Broadway, Opera, or Latin celebrities) also went to the same school but the only other household name in American culture would be Astronaut Michael Collins.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2022 6:53 PM

With all these older actors, actresses and musicians passing away lately, it sure makes you think about your own mortality.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2022 7:12 PM

^^^Say it again, sister.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2022 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!