Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What celebrity is Queen of Fraus?

Throw in any other names you might think of please.

by Anonymousreply 97November 24, 2021 10:36 AM

If you're talking worldwide, it's SJP by a country mile.

The others are nobody from nowhere in the world outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2021 12:16 PM

I didn't want to include Vivian Vance which such names.

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2021 12:22 PM

Reese Witherspoon

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Taylor "supercunt" Swift

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2021 12:56 PM

Frau Blucher. (Horse noises)

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2021 12:59 PM

Frau Angela Merkel. The best frau ever.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2021 1:18 PM

Joanna Gaines is the Grand High Majestrix of homophobic, faux Xtian fraus.

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2021 2:12 PM

Why do so many DLers want to be fraus?

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2021 2:13 PM

No gay man wants to be a frau.

by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2021 2:58 PM

Valerie Bertinelli should probably be up there too.

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2021 5:25 PM

Have we forgotten Rachael Ray so quickly?

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2021 5:28 PM

Sandra Lee too.

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2021 5:29 PM

Old: Oprah

New: Chrissy Tiegen

by Anonymousreply 13March 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 14March 12, 2021 6:12 PM

I know someone at work who’s in her early 40s. This judgmental bitch is the biggest frau I know. She and her friends follow Chrissy Tiegen religiously, and they go on annual Oprah convention, apparently there is such a thing at least when she told me about it a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15March 12, 2021 6:13 PM

Clarkson by a mile (or by a metric ton)

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2021 6:18 PM

Kate Middleton

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2021 6:58 PM

GOOP

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Jennifer Garner is the worst.

Kelly Clarkson seems like a lesbian, but she actually does seem like a frau as well.

by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2021 7:55 PM

No, GOOP isn’t a frau.

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2021 9:33 PM

The Pioneer Woman, who homeschooled her kids and made icky face at Asian Chicken Wings

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2021 10:42 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2021 3:13 AM

Gwyneth

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2021 3:43 AM

Oprah .

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2021 5:05 AM

Garner strives to be Queen but for someone who has been around for a couple of decades and pays for a lot of press, she has a pitiful following on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2021 5:07 AM

Ree Drummond is in the lead in the poll, but I had to google her to see who she even is. Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2021 5:10 AM

Chrissy Metz’s new Joyful Heart wine brand should move her up the poll.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2021 7:46 AM

What even is the essence of frau? Are we talking cradling one's pumpkin spice latte in a $200 flannel shirt, size xxs? Or are we talking gummy smiles, crooked eyeliner, and "dump meals"?

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2021 8:01 AM

R27 That wine sounds stupid.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2021 8:03 AM

[quote] "No, GOOP isn’t a frau."

Correct. She's just a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2021 8:19 AM

Oprah. No one cool or interesting takes Oprah seriously. She's definitely the queen of shallow bullshit and therefore queen of the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2021 8:22 AM

I'm going to go with Jennifer Garner. I think even the fraus hate Megan McCain. She's too Karen even for them.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2021 8:37 AM

I too am trying to understand what Frau is. R28 seemed about right. Pumkin-spice drinking, Christmas sweater wearing, old-fashioned hair-bearing, judgmental Christian maybe? None of those entries in the poll fiited the image of Frau for me as these cheeky gay men have illustrated over the years. Sometimes I think I get it.

Also just checking if a Frau is different from a Karen

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2021 8:41 AM

Oprah was possibly Queen of Fraus in the ‘90s. I don’t know about today.

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2021 8:42 AM

[quote] Also just checking if a Frau is different from a Karen

I’ve been posting here since 2012 and the term frau was in common usage here long before I arrived.

Karen is sort of the straight world’s take on a frau.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2021 8:44 AM

We’ve had threads before trying to define what a frau is exactly. I contributed something like this before:

An intellectually incurious, middle aged, middle witted, middle brow, middle American domesticated white woman.

That’s the starting point.

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2021 8:47 AM

R36 Ok thanks!

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2021 8:50 AM

Due to the evanescence of celebrity, Oprah is guilty of having been so successful that she's become the victim of her popularity. That doesn't detract from the good she's done by presenting an alternative way to view issues that formerly were entirely set in stone to people whose minds have been made less rigid in their judgement as a result. The previous sentence is word salad. So, what is means is that Oprah got people to trust her enough that they were willing to reconsider the way they thought about things. And as a result some of their prejudices were reduced or eliminated. Overall, I maintain she's done far more good than otherwise. I still can't tell if she knew what she was doing with her soi-disant 'interview' with Harry and Megs.

I'm beginning to think she knew exactly what she was doing and she may surprise us with a card or two she has up her sleeve. Nobody with that level of experience would have played so dumb. It's as though she got her foot in the door in order to further some kind of agenda she has.

I think GOOP is an honourary Frau. She's not one, but the Fraus love her because, like Jackie Stone, SHE'S THIN!!

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2021 8:53 AM

Actually, Kate Middleton presents as a "non-frau, non-Karen posing as a frau". I see right through that.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote] Actually, Kate Middleton presents as a "non-frau, non-Karen posing as a frau".

Like Witherspoon, I imagine she tries to appear ‘relatable’ but is fundamentally a cut above frau.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2021 8:58 AM

R33 I think there are several versions of fraus. Your description describes one variety, but may I suggest the basic bitch frau? She also drinks pumpkin spice lattes (Starbucks, of course), wears yoga pants or leggings, listens to Beyonce, carries a Louis Vuitton tote, if rich, wears a Cartier Love bracelet, if middle class, a silver piece from Tiffany or Pandora (shudder!), has a French manicure, might wear an anklet, has a small tattoo hidden on body, has a “Live, Laugh, Love” sign in family room and an “Eat” sign in kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2021 8:59 AM

In many ways I think GOOp is the antithesis of frau.

She does have a lifestyle brand (a big red flag) but her line about rather smoking crack than eat cheese from a can is very anti-frau. You will normally find a frau looking up “12 Fun Canned Cheese Recipes” and being a big supporter of Just Say No if she was around in the ‘80s.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 9:00 AM

Then I would think the polar opposite of a Queen Frau is The Ideal Gay Man! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2021 9:03 AM

R38, I agree with your Oprah thoughts.

She often challenged her frau audience, which is a very un-frau thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2021 9:04 AM

SJP wins this thread. Fraus and bossy bottoms worship that hag.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2021 9:04 AM

Ree Drummond comes from an incredibly wealthy background and married an incredibly wealthy man yet she likes to present herself as someone whose life revolves around making smores for ‘game night’.

And maybe it does.

Ina Garten and Martha Stewart in contrast are definitely not fraus.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2021 9:06 AM

SJP earns her place in the poll by taking over a show that had a very gay male sensibility and turning it into a Lifetime quality brand.

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2021 9:08 AM

I’m surprised at Chrissy Metz’s low polling.

This Is Us is THE frau show. Even the name. Add in her new wine brand, her dumb ‘faith’ movie, her love yourself messages, and her bland country-pop music and she should be ranking higher.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2021 9:09 AM

SJP only became ultimate frau because of the ridiculous amount of merchandising she did. Shoes, bags, clothes, fragrance, hair color and even greeting cards! If she had toned all that shit down she would never have ended up in Hall of Frau Fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2021 9:26 AM

Jennifer Garner cemented her frau status when she made an advert for Neutrogena where she extols the virtues of the product while being 1) A busy business woman 2) Baking cookies and 3) Collecting hen's eggs.

It really is an amazing, Oscar worthy a tour-de-frau production.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2021 9:31 AM

Her weekly churchgoing with the cradled coffee as documented by the Daily Mail is very frau.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2021 9:34 AM

SJP is better than Goop. Her products are better and deserved and get some respect. Her perfume is respected. I don't know about her shoes. SJP is kind of a likable pushy cunt. I'm sure she can be fun, so she's not a total cunt. She isn't condescending, really. Goop can be kind of fun but she is a .01% Frau as is Martha Stewart. Goop is a pretty good actress! But she is quite the drole cunt.

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2021 9:36 AM

GOOP and Martha Stewart's elitism immediately rules them out of being fraus.

The professional frau always works to portray herself as a relatable everywoman.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2021 9:41 AM

SJP is possible a little too New York to be Queen of Fraus, but what she did to SATC once she became an exec producer definitely gives her a good case.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2021 9:43 AM

I guess there can be more than one kind of Frau. I believe there can be superrich fraus.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2021 9:45 AM

[R54] I think you're right about SJP, maybe she is a bit to New York. She also hasn't gone public with any weight woes so she loses frau points for that.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2021 9:59 AM

SJP is too natural and skinny and liberal to be a frau, Reese is too upper class WASP, GOOP is too elitist rich girl, Martha Stewart is too shrewd and sneaky, Meghan McCain and Metz are fag hag material, Jennifer Garner is too slim and pretty....bad list OP. How about the Poineer Woman Cooks lady?

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2021 10:00 AM

Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee, Suze Orman, Kate Gosselin, Nancy Grace... I'd have included them but I don't know if they're still relevant these days.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2021 10:02 AM

Ooops my bad, I forgot the Pioneer Woman's name....^^^. Ok, she fits the bill. But also, she's cute so...

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2021 10:03 AM

If you put it like R54 (re: weight woes) and like R55, then DL-ers are about 98% frauen also. These bitches are all about food, weight, and claim they earn $200K a minute.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2021 10:05 AM

SJP inspired a million flyover women to queue outside that Magnolia Bakery. She may not be the frauiest herself but she has made ample contribution to frauery and provided inspiration to its practitioners.

What she did to SATC has already been discussed at length elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2021 10:09 AM

I could never understand why Kirstie Alley didn't go onto to become frau royalty. She had weight problems, was sassy, became friends with Oprah and talked a lot about "prioritizing everyone but herself". Valerie Bertinelli was the same too, and she got extra points for doing a skin/hair care infomercials as well.

Was it because both were hot in their youth, had lots of wild times and only jumped on the frau train when they porked out and there was a buck to be made?

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2021 9:28 PM

Valerie Bertinelli was a little too cool to be a frau.

by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2021 9:32 PM

R62 - Alley always looked too no nonsense to be frau material. The type that would quickly shed through any BS and not be afraid to tell you. As far as her weight...that's a normal phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2021 8:34 AM

Kirstie Alley is more the type of woman to tell a frau to fuck off after said frau asked her not to be smoking outside at Grandma’s wake.

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2021 9:21 AM

Out of curiosity I checked out SJP’s brand and was surprised: it all looks very cheap (and much less comprehensive) than GOOP.

by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2021 9:24 AM

Valerie Bertinelli did appear on Touched by an Angel -- which is one of the frauiest TV shows ever.

by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2021 9:40 AM

SJP has a very frau sensibility, almost despite her life. It seems to come naturally to her. Sort of the opposite to how someone like Kate Middleton sometimes TRYS to seem more frau than I suspect she really is.

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2021 9:42 AM

Martha Stewart's not on this list and neither is Ina Garten.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2021 9:53 AM

R68 - safe to say Kate is a "wannabe Frau". More and more pictures of her grocery shopping and the very "soccer mom/wife" is probably being coodrinated by the palace in an effort to make her more relatable. She is a frau darling on Instagram and Facebook among English frau and conservative American women. Probably as a move to counter the Yoko Ono image of Meghan they try to paint. How do I know this? My sister follows her a lot on social media...got it in her head that she looks like Kate due to yet another yoga frau saying, to allude to her weight loss, with a failed passive-aggressive "oh, but you know, she's so skinny because she smokes". My roommate says that if Kate can eat from Tesco, she can spend a lot of time in London because "if it's cheap but good enough for a duchess, it's good enough for me".

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2021 12:02 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow is the patron Saint for a certain style of frau, the “rosé all day,” basic bitches who devour her vag candles and other crap she sells.

by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2021 12:09 PM

[quote]Gwyneth Paltrow is the patron Saint for a certain style of frau, the “rosé all day,” basic bitches who devour her vag candles and other crap she sells.

No.

The type of woman who GOOP is aimed at isn't a frau. It's not 'wine o'clock' women. GOOP doesn't put Live, Laugh, Love on her products.

The frau is actually a little scandalized by her vag candle. The frau prefers a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle.

by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2021 12:20 PM

Cathy Mitchell

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2021 1:00 PM

R72 There are different frau archetypes. Yeah, there is the classic heavyset, dated hairstyle, Michael’s shopping, Dress Barn wearing cable frau….I picture a younger Edie McClurg. Such a woman would surely gasp at a vag candle or vag steaming.

But there is also the educated, upper middle class to rich Whole Foods shopping, eyebrow-exagerating, hair blown out, yoga practicing, Lulu Lemon and Uggs wearing fraus (some are neurotic NIMBY mothers and the younger type desperately long to be influencers) who aspire to Paltrow level of success for their own “lifestyles.” And why not? Paltrow is bland with her thin lips, ironed middle parted hair but she comes off as desirably “high maintenance.” Her followers are equalabky bland and long for to be valued for being high maintenance. . If she can find fame and adoration and wealth for reselling overpriced crap and curating a dull fashion “aesthetic,” her followers believe it could happen to them!

In between the two types are a gray area of less sophisticated fraus who have aspects of both. They might wear yoga pants and Uggs, iron their hair and post photos of wine glasses on their social media, but they tend to have less wealth and less confidence with their “aesthetic.” They over do the “sculpted” makeup look and buy the “live love laugh life” or “I love you to the moon and back” crap on Etsy. They live for selfies.

by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2021 1:14 PM

That should be CUBICLE not cable!

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]But there is also the educated, upper middle class to rich Whole Foods shopping, eyebrow-exagerating, hair blown out, yoga practicing, Lulu Lemon and Uggs wearing fraus (some are neurotic NIMBY mothers and the younger type desperately long to be influencers) who aspire to Paltrow level of success for their own “lifestyles.” And why not? Paltrow is bland with her thin lips, ironed middle parted hair but she comes off as desirably “high maintenance.” Her followers are equalabky bland and long for to be valued for being high maintenance. . If she can find fame and adoration and wealth for reselling overpriced crap and curating a dull fashion “aesthetic,” her followers believe it could happen to them!

I wouldn't necessarily consider these women fraus. A keep part of frauery is the mediocrity-wallowing. Some fraus might buy GOOP stuff, but she herself is definitely not the archetype. Especially when you compare her to frau-favorite contemporaries of hers like Witherspoon and Aniston.

Of course there are different types of fraus -- from the pushy MLM-er to the prudish Xtian Mom of 5 -- but GOOP doesn't really come near any of them, and they don't really come near her.

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2021 1:21 PM

Lululemon is a very frau brand. Don’t know if Paltrow would wear it, she can afford much, much more expensive.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2021 1:25 PM

God made sure I'd lead in this poll because I go to church-- unlike some of the other ladies listed here.

by Anonymousreply 78September 18, 2021 1:27 PM

You’re lagging behind Ree, Miss Horseface.

by Anonymousreply 79September 18, 2021 1:32 PM

Can a frau be fit-fat?

by Anonymousreply 80September 18, 2021 1:33 PM

Hands down it is Ree Drummond . Mediocre , unattractive .

by Anonymousreply 81September 18, 2021 1:41 PM

Karen Pence

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2021 2:49 PM

Karen Pence is the classic Cubicle Frau - frumpy and bland

Gwyneth Paltrow is the classic Entitled Frau - high maintenance and bland

by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2021 5:27 PM

Lana Del Rey.

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2021 6:29 PM

Paloma Picasso. Christiane Amanpour. Christine Lagarde

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2021 6:34 PM

It's still Jennifer Aniston. Gen Xer women all identify with her even still because they saw Rachel on "Friends" as Everywoman, and they still feel so bad Brad Pitt threw her over for Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2021 6:43 PM

Aniston is definitely in the Frau pantheon.

by Anonymousreply 87September 18, 2021 7:07 PM

Aniston and Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Ina Garten may not be herself a frau, but her brand has strong appeal for the semi-urban coastal frau.

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Although she never gets any stick for it, I think Madonna has become strongly frau-adjascent in recent years.

She's the pop equivalent of the standard old frau who dyes her hair purple in order to be edgy and considers herself and "activist" and speaks loudly in public places to show how rebellious she is. Madonna even hangs out with people much younger then her because "age doesn't matter". While it may not matter to her but most young people are well aware of someone who is not their age hanging around them. Madonna also has the multi-pack family, which is like neighborhood frau who consider themselves "everyone's' mother".

I wonder of she has a lot of pets too?

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2021 10:53 PM

R90 I’d bet my salary Madonna doesn’t like animals.

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2021 11:54 PM

Blake Lively. Attractive in a very bland 'All American Girl' type way. Projects a 'wholesome' image and tells cutesy stories about her kids and equally bland-looking husband all the time. Tried to launch a lifestyle blog. Good friends with Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2021 12:13 AM

1.Gains 2. Garner

by Anonymousreply 93September 19, 2021 12:18 AM

Sarah Jessica-Parker has managed to achieve what many before her (Jennifer, Kelly, etc) have failed to do. She is seen by those who follow the doctrine as Peak Frau, but - get this - isn't ACTUALLY a frau herself!

Surely Harvard should be running a course on this extremely rare phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 94September 19, 2021 1:53 AM

Stevie Nicks is not a frau.

Madonna is not a frau either.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2021 5:47 AM

Who the fuck does Meghan McCain's styling on the View? Good lordess does that woman need a gay.

by Anonymousreply 96November 24, 2021 9:27 AM

Ree Drummond is the undisputed Frau Queen of the Midwest. Wealthy background and married into an even wealthier family. Handsome adoring husband. Photogenic kids. Popular Mommy Blog. Successful cooking show. Multiple bestseller cookbooks. Her own cookware line and other merchandise. She checked every box in a frau dream list.

And she just upped her frau credentials by appearing in a Christmas movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 24, 2021 10:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!