Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stath Lets Flats

Just randomly found this on HBO Max and it is hilarious!. It's about a British-Cypriot manchild who works for his Greek father's real estate business and he is a catastrophe. The lead, Jamie Demetriou is a handsome clown. His real life sister Natasia Demetriou (the female vampire on FX's What We Do In The Shadows) plays his sibling in this and she is also very funny. How does this show fair in the UK? It's one of the better Britcoms I've seen in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2022 7:41 PM

The first episode is on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2021 12:11 AM

I tried watching this a few years ago and it didn't take. Now that I know that she is his sister I'll give it another try. I love What We Do in the Shadows.

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2021 12:20 AM

I almost stopped watching after the first episode but it grew on me. The sister plays a meeker character in this show but she has some hilarious bits. There's a dancing routine she does that had me in stitches.

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2021 12:31 AM

[quote] How does this show fair in the UK?

Who cares? The population has to pay us for a license whether they watch it or not.

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2021 12:49 AM

Jamie Demetriou needs to take out his (probably) uncut cock. He probably has a thick bush, too.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2021 12:53 AM

I love that he chose the title because it's so incredibly hard to say.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2021 1:23 AM

[quote]I tried watching this a few years ago and it didn't take.

Same here because I can't take cringe humor. But I do like Demetriou. Glad he won the BAFTA TV.

by Anonymousreply 7March 12, 2021 1:37 AM

I gave up after one episode too because his character was such a buffoon. I’ll have to give it another chance. Had no idea they were siblings!

by Anonymousreply 8March 12, 2021 2:05 AM

I watched the first episode last night. The scene with the pigeon was funny, but overall it was uneven. I'll try some more, though, based on the recs in this thread.

Fox, by the way, is doing a US remake called [italic]Bren Rents[/italic] with Demetriou as co-executive producer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 12, 2021 8:10 PM

So racist!! Only 30% of Greek men are this dopey!

by Anonymousreply 10March 12, 2021 9:23 PM

Bren Rents could actually work on FX/FXX, probably paired to It's Always Sunny or What We Do in the Shadows. FX has been floundering with comedies since the Louis CK debacle and needs at least a few more shows on its slate. Plus a few of their top comedies have ended over the past few years and who knows when Atlanta is coming back because filming on that doesn't even start until March.

I am rooting for them though. It's far and away my favorite network.

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2021 9:36 PM

I wonder where they'll set it in the US?

by Anonymousreply 12March 12, 2021 9:43 PM

Was he the buck toothed guy on Fleabag?

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2021 12:57 AM

[quote]Was he the buck toothed guy on Fleabag?

The same.

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2021 2:21 AM

Is he gay? It seems as if all the men of Fleabag are.

by Anonymousreply 15March 14, 2021 3:57 AM

First episode was shaky, but the second with the "garden" flat was hilarious and enough to keep me interested.

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2021 6:26 AM

Not available where I live, but will watch for it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2021 8:45 AM

He was in Sally4Ever with Julia Davis. Almost unrecognizable because he didn't play a buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2021 10:33 AM

Sally4Ever was the worst piece of shit HBO ever aired. Literally. The scene where some guy shits on the face of the desperate main female character was nausea inducing.

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2021 8:31 AM

I don't want to spend time with that character. The actor is quite the dish, however.

by Anonymousreply 20September 10, 2021 9:10 AM

Natasia Demetriou's character is really understated and annoying in this. I love that she's a bulldozer on WWDIS.

"Colin Robinson. Get my cape"

by Anonymousreply 21September 10, 2021 9:40 AM

[quote] How does this show fair in the UK?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22September 10, 2021 4:48 PM

He was Bus Rodent (with hideous teeth) on Fleabag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 10, 2021 4:54 PM

I tried getting into this series, but the main character is super annoying. Talk about 'cringe'!

Natasia Demetriou's character is dull in this, she's much better on What We Do in the Shadows. Her doll on WWDITS is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 24September 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Stath Lets Flats what?

by Anonymousreply 25September 10, 2021 9:35 PM

Lets=Leases, Rents

by Anonymousreply 26September 10, 2021 9:37 PM

(i know....was just kidding and pulling a dora dumbfucke)

by Anonymousreply 27September 10, 2021 9:39 PM

Your Dora Dumbfucke is uncannily real r27.

by Anonymousreply 28September 10, 2021 9:51 PM

Gay, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2021 2:22 PM

He was absolutely great in Fleabag!

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2021 2:30 PM

George on "Great British Bake-Off" is also a Greek Cypriot. Are they prevalent in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2021 3:27 PM

It is so strange that both siblings came to prominence in roles requiring dental prosthetics.

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2022 9:28 PM

I love this show, but it's definitely a love-or-hate one.

by Anonymousreply 33June 12, 2022 9:44 PM

The best character is Katya, Sophie's Eastern European friend. She's in a lot of skits with them outside of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 12, 2022 9:48 PM

"All you lot wanna talk about is lads and chaps... and that means you're not even feminism."

by Anonymousreply 35June 12, 2022 9:54 PM

Jamie Demetriou is incredibly hot...

by Anonymousreply 36June 12, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote] I can't take cringe humor

Cringe humor isn't funny or clever. It only appeals to bitches and/or self-haters.

It's the lowest form of wit.

by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2022 10:59 PM

Do British rentals come with silverware, appliances and furniture?

They seem to in this show.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2022 4:25 PM

Jamie is hot and he recently won a BAFTA for his role.

But I have to laugh at him being described as a British-Cypriot who works for his Greek father. He’s Greek.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote] Cringe humor isn't funny or clever. …It's the lowest form of wit.

It's on the same level as Aggravation Humour and Embarrassment Humour (and Embarrassment Nudity). It's not funny.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2022 6:19 PM

Thanks for the reminder, OP, timely as it turns out. I was interested to see it but it wasn't available on HBO Max where I live. Now, though, it's turned up on another streaming service here and I can have a look finally.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2022 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!