Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Marvels First Interracial Couple

Starts March 19th. I've heard rumors that the show will deal with racial issues within the MCU, such as how the government react to a black man becoming Captain America. I hope we get some flashbacks to Bucky's past and watch him deal with the psychological damage of being Hydras sleeper assassin. I am a little worried it won't push the boundaries of the MCU as much as WandaVision did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1629 hours ago

THIS is what worries you?

by Anonymousreply 103/11/2021

Trust Kevin Feige.

by Anonymousreply 203/11/2021

I thought it was called the Falcon and the Snowman?

by Anonymousreply 303/11/2021

How can the Falcon become Captain America? He has no powers. It would make much more sense for Bucky to take the shield as he has the same supersoldier abilities as Steve Rogers.......... I need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 403/11/2021

R4

It’s inspired by the comics. He became Captain America in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 503/11/2021

I don't think this will disappoint. I'm completely geeking out and counting the days.

by Anonymousreply 603/11/2021

[quote]Marvels First Interracial Couple

I bet they take turns calling each other Steve.

by Anonymousreply 703/11/2021

[quote] It’s inspired by the comics. He became Captain America in the comics.

Sure, but in the context of the MCU thus far, Sam Wilson is just a regular guy who knows how to work the Falcon suit. It doesn’t make any more sense to give it to him than it would have to give it to Tony Stark.

by Anonymousreply 803/11/2021

I just hope the white guy takes the black guy up the ass. And I don't mean this racially. I have been friends with and have been fucked by many black men.

by Anonymousreply 903/11/2021

When's it my turn to be Steve?

by Anonymousreply 1003/11/2021

Back of the line, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1103/12/2021

Wasn't expecting a Hobbit reference in the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1203/12/2021

Winter Soldier would be a much better Cap - a super soldier and out of his time, plus extra angst to go for his redemption. Obviously, there was no way it wasn't going to be Falcon now. and they've both done it in the comics, along with USAgent, who got there first.

by Anonymousreply 1303/12/2021

Maybe its Falcon and the Winter Soldier together because they'll come to agree to both 'captain' the defense of America. To possibly set up something like Falcon being the officialized Captain America later, but lets say, he dies and the shield gets taken up by a hesitant Bucky.

Both Falcon and Winter Soldier have PTSD and the show may initially sideline, but then deal with it because they need to in order to stop Zemo. Its what's keeping either of them from asserting a bigger role in things. Falcon is more mundane in his stress but more overwhelmed by the growing weirdness around him, Winter Soldier is more intense in his stress but more capable of handling the super weirdness. They'll give Falcon his Captain America title for a while - whether just this show or later - then give it to Bucky, then be done with both of them because both will be well into their forties.

Its always been okay for a non superpowered to be in the Avengers because it is a SHIELD initiative at its core (so, its agents or assets), and being masterful in particularly combative ways is still of great use. And all of the other Avengers have their own weaknesses or shortcomings too, that a basic human with high ability might help with. But its MCU's failing in not showcasing much of that to us. The first Avengers film should have had Black Widow sneaking around to deal with alien invader leadership, not in the middle of Time's Square. Hopefully the future knows how to better treat characters like Falcon.

by Anonymousreply 1403/12/2021

Bucky couldn't be Captain America within the MCU because of his history, that due to the events of Winter Soldier, that is out there for the world to see. Having a black man becoming Captain America would be a hard enough pill for the public to swallow, now imagine an ex-sleeper cell assassin that was brainwashed by the nazis and deprogramed in an African country, they'd never go for it.

I think a Bucky solo show, dealing with the psychological damage of his time as the Winter Soldier and finding his place in the world would be much more interesting than a buddy-cop type of show.

by Anonymousreply 1503/12/2021

[quote] I hope we get some flashbacks to Bucky's past and watch him deal with the psychological damage of being Hydras sleeper assassin.

We do, in very far reaching ways. They set up some very intriguing stakes in the first ep.

[quote]I am a little worried it won't push the boundaries of the MCU as much as WandaVision did.

It will, and then some. A lot more action in this one.

by Anonymousreply 1603/12/2021

Wait, they’re gay? I don’t remember them being gay.

by Anonymousreply 1703/12/2021

R16 Is the supposed surprise cameo someone from Buckys time as the winter soldier? Because I've got a feeling I know who it is.

by Anonymousreply 1803/12/2021

[quote]Wait, they’re gay? I don’t remember them being gay.

I remember all the characters being gay.

by Anonymousreply 1903/12/2021

You just know Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie slobbered all over each other's cocks throughout the entire shooting of this series.

by Anonymousreply 2003/13/2021

For some inexplicable reason - there's certainly no textual evidence - I kinda think Bucky is bi/gay. Maybe it's just because there's something pseudo-romantic about his relationship with Cap. Although I don't think Cap is queer so go figure.

by Anonymousreply 2103/13/2021

Wouldn't Bucky be deeply homophobic due to the beliefs of homosexuality in his original time?

by Anonymousreply 2203/13/2021

Yes, let's be very realistic about the hundred-year-old brainwashed supersoldier with the cybernetic arm.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2021

Not everyone was a raging homophobe in the 30s, R22. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 2403/14/2021

Looking damn good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2503/15/2021

I was thinking how clever it is that the music evokes the score from Captain America and The Winter Soldier. And then I learned it's by the same guy. : p

by Anonymousreply 2603/15/2021

Now the Marvel franchise is going to be about race? Jesus. Give it a break. How about just mindless entertainment?

by Anonymousreply 2703/15/2021

R27 is triggered

by Anonymousreply 2803/15/2021

I hope they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2903/15/2021

OP, you should have titled the thread “The Falcon And Captain America’s Butt Boy Bucky”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3003/15/2021

No R28, maybe R27 is just sick of your tired ass and your race baiting. And do am I.

by Anonymousreply 3103/15/2021

[quote] And do am I.

Try again hon.

We know you can do it.

by Anonymousreply 3203/15/2021

Tangential, but last night I watched Synchronic, a drama with a sci-fi twist starring Anthony Mackie. It was pretty good although I didn't like it as much as the previous movie from these film makers, The Endless. These guys are very interesting writer/directors and are slated to direct the Moon Knight show. I have no particular interest in the character of Moon Knight but knowing these guys are on board has me curious.

by Anonymousreply 3303/17/2021

Ran across Entertainment Weekly's split-screen press for this on Insta yesterday. Stan has lost too much weight and muscle mass. He had big Elvis hair to try to distract from the fact that his face was sunken in. Maybe he's caught COVID since they finished shooting?

by Anonymousreply 3403/17/2021

Sebastian Stan is naturally a skinny guy.

by Anonymousreply 3503/17/2021

It's got to be rough on your body to temporarily make yourself look like a comic book hero with steroids and HGH.

by Anonymousreply 3603/17/2021

I was watching an interview with both of them and noticed Stan had lost weight around his face and looked older for it, might be for a role.

by Anonymousreply 3703/17/2021

Sebastian is normally pretty lean, and if that Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson thing is really going forward, he’s likely slimming down a bit for that.

by Anonymousreply 3803/17/2021

I had forgotten he was going to play TLee, R38. It makes sense now, why he'd be so much skinner. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 3903/17/2021

To play Tommy Lee he's having the extra bulk moved to his dick.

by Anonymousreply 4003/17/2021

I can't wait.... only two more days!

by Anonymousreply 4103/17/2021

I viscerally hate R27. They're being true to the characters and the culture by addressing the way things would happen head-on. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 4203/17/2021

I really enjoyed the first episode. Highlighted some things I wasn't expecting, like racial micro-aggressions, and some stuff I did expect like the Winter Soldier stuff. It was definitely more of a Sam heavy episode and I get why but I would've liked to have seen more of Bucky.

by Anonymousreply 4303/19/2021

I do wonder if they put that scene of Bucky flirting with the waitress so that the viewers wouldn't question if he was gay or straight. Having two male leads with good chemistry must frighten Disney.

by Anonymousreply 4403/19/2021

Sebastian Stan, shirtless within 17 minutes of the start of the show. Giving the people what they want.

The first episode was a look at the societal circumstances following the Blip, subtle racism and survivor’s guilt. Some surprising emotional moments and some ridiculous ones, though nobody expects the laws of physics to be obeyed in a Marvel show.

by Anonymousreply 4503/19/2021

Sam's sister is definitely Mephisto.

by Anonymousreply 4603/19/2021

Don't have a clue on what comics this is based on, but the end of the first episode is Sam pissed that the president picked a white dude (and not him) to bring back Captain America?

by Anonymousreply 4703/19/2021

R44 It doesn't work. We know all about the bis now. People can and will fantasize them as bi and together.

by Anonymousreply 4803/19/2021

R47 I think it's that and that he mistakenly trusted the government. When he gave them the shield I think he was under the assumption that it would be kept on display to remind people of the real Captain America, the government instead have twisted what Steve stood for and used the shield for jingoism again, like it was originally intended for in WW2.

by Anonymousreply 4903/20/2021

r49, thank you. Now I remember the scene in the museum with US war & patriotism propaganda featuring Captain America. Quite chilling.

by Anonymousreply 5003/20/2021

Wow that aerial sequence was impressive. After WandaVision I was in the mood for some action and this delivered.

Is this actually the first time we've seen Sam and Rhodey have a conversation? Wouldn't mind more of that.

A little heavy-handed with the family money problems, but I'll take it more as a hint about the economic chaos that followed The Snap and The Blip. Grim thought: If the world's population doubles overnight, a lot of people are going to starve to death.

They got a surprising amount of comedy out of Bucky and I'm not sure what I think about that. The MCU has a tendency to get glib with its humor but on the other (metal) hand I don't want the show to be unrelentingly dour.

I like that the show is taking its time to set things up, but maybe we could get the main characters in the same city soon? They're never going to kiss at this rate. ; )

by Anonymousreply 5103/20/2021

I thought the same thing r44. They made sure to quickly establish that Bucky is into girls. Given some of the online shipping antics around him I'm sure they felt that was important.

I expected this to be more of a generic superhero show, and it started off that way. But devoting a lot of screen time to seeing Sam's family struggling to keep it together and how even as a superhero he is still a black man asking for a loan at a bank is some depth I didn't expect.

by Anonymousreply 5203/20/2021

It wasn't very believable to me the US government would want a white cis man to be the next Captain America.

Now, if an episode ended with Laverne Cox chosen as the next Captain America, that I could believe.

by Anonymousreply 5303/20/2021

Bucky was only gay for Steve r52.

They had greatest love story in the Marvel universe.

by Anonymousreply 5403/20/2021

After many years of seeing Tony Stark's unlimited wealth, it was interesting that they showed us that for some heroes - even though they helped save the universe last month, they still can't get a bank loan this month.

by Anonymousreply 5503/21/2021

Now THAT is Americas ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5603/24/2021

Why must any show featuring black people ultimately be about race? Why can't a black person be interviewed on a news program about something other than race? Turn on CNN or MSNBC and you can bet that a great majority of the time that a black person is on to talk about race. How about an economist? A real doctor ( not the Trump version)? How about an inventor? Now we have to sit through a movie that should be mindless entertainment and get hit over the head with fucking race issues? Hopefully, it is not in the film.

by Anonymousreply 5703/24/2021

Pretending that race doesn't matter is childish story telling r57. I'm glad this show is embracing that Falcon is a black guy, If he tried to be the new Cap, it would be seen first and foremost as a black guy trying to Captain America. And you want the show to ignore that?

by Anonymousreply 5803/24/2021

Can't we just have a film where the black hero is just accepted for who he is without having to bring up the fact that he's black and have controversy over it in the film? after all, it is mindless entertainment and these are fictional characters. How about he claims the role of Captain America and not have to deal with the racial discussion? Wouldn't that be much more "progressive"?

by Anonymousreply 5903/24/2021

The first episode was kinda boring.

by Anonymousreply 6003/24/2021

Bucky was on top this week and they both got between each other's legs. Now that's progress.

Next week: an orgy with USGaygent and Bottomstar.

by Anonymousreply 6103/26/2021

This is turning into the gayest show on TV and I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 6203/26/2021

[quote] I am a little worried it won't push the boundaries of the MCU as much as WandaVision did.

They should reveal that The Falcon is a practising North African Moslem called Hussein. And then make him "Captain America". Now that would "push boundaries", lol.

by Anonymousreply 6303/26/2021

Sam and Bucky were very...close...in this episode

MORE

by Anonymousreply 6403/26/2021

Sebastian Stan got fat for The Devil All The Time and I’m glad he’s slimmed down. I think he’s delicious and want more! Remember the old DL post saying he’s bi and gives great head? The poster also said he was doing tons of coke.

by Anonymousreply 6503/26/2021

Does anybody else think Wyatt Russell is an uggo? I wish they’d have hired a hot actor to play John Walker/New Cap. He looks like he doesn’t have any teeth.

by Anonymousreply 6603/26/2021

Best part was when that kid asked Sam if he was “Black Falcon” and Sam asked him if he was “black kid”?

by Anonymousreply 6703/26/2021

Wyatt should be much hotter given who his parents are. He’s not ugly, but not gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6803/26/2021

Wyatt was great in Overlord and Lodge 49.

by Anonymousreply 6903/26/2021

Overlord sucks donkey balls.

I think Wyatt Russell is hot, and an okay actor.

by Anonymousreply 7003/27/2021

Wyatt has the perfect face for the character, a lesser Steve Roger's in every way.

by Anonymousreply 7103/27/2021

I'm still upset that Lodge 49 was cancelled. I loved that show. And it ended on a cliffhanger!

by Anonymousreply 7203/27/2021

Surely they won't make the new Captain America a bad guy like Homelander from The Boys?

by Anonymousreply 7303/27/2021

I'm enjoying it.

It's a bit more character-driven - if you can say that about comic book movies - than the typical Marvel fare.

The new Captain America - Wyatt Russell - is not nearly as hot as his half-brother or his father. He is, however, turning in a solid performance.

by Anonymousreply 7403/27/2021

I thought it was funny that the government had created an exact mirror of the captain America image, including the black sidekick.

My theory is New Cola Captain America loses a big battle, decides to take the super-soldier serum, starts off doing really well, the flagsmashers release a virus into the population that causes a form of madness in a percentage of the people it infects (this was the original concept for Cap 3 before it turned into Civil War), Walker is sent in to deal with some people infected by the virus and brutally kills an innocent, infected person due to super soldier roid rage. Sharon has been working with Zemo and has been following the flagsmashers. Zemo and Sharon look for a viral antidote while Sam and Bucky take on roid Captain America. Walker is subdued and stripped of the captain America title, the people and not the government decide to title Sam as Captain America, Bucky finishes his list and decides to take on a more heroic role and work with Sharon and Zemo is visited by Gen. Ross who is putting together the thunderbolts.

by Anonymousreply 7503/27/2021

Bucky will realize that he will never be happy in the modern world with Steve, and go back to Wakanda, the only place that he has ever found peace, and help Princess Shuri as she ascends as the new Black Panther in BLACK PANTHER 2.

by Anonymousreply 7603/27/2021

R76 I think the original plan was for him to appear in Black Panther 2 but with the addition of the disney+ shows allowing the characters to be expanded in their own titles and BP2 dealing with writing out T'Chala, I don't see him making an appearance outside of a cameo. Sam will get his own title movie depending on the success of Falcon and Winter Soldier and Bucky will get his own Disney+ show with Sharon co-starring.

by Anonymousreply 7703/27/2021

Wyatt Russell in a recent interview said that he actually auditioned for the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America which would eventually go to Chris Evans.

by Anonymousreply 7803/27/2021

I think every leading guy type went for Captain America, John Kransinski was close to getting it when Evan's initially turned the role down.

by Anonymousreply 7903/27/2021

I read somewhere that Will Smith was considered too. That would have been an interesting take. Though he's too old from a franchise perspective.

[quote]Surely they won't make the new Captain America a bad guy like Homelander from The Boys?

I appreciate that they are giving him a lot of good qualities with the only bad quality so far that he's a little smug or entitled or whatever word you want to use. However I'm expecting him to take a turn and I just hope it's done with nuance. I don't know his comics history but based on what they've set up so far, my bet is that he goes all "the end justifies the means," probably so he can get his own dose of the super soldier serum.

Incidentally it's a little weird to me that the government chose an un-enhanced dude as the new Captain. Surely they've got some supers up their sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 8003/27/2021

The new rumor floating around is that Cavill is being considered for Captain Britain after being treated like crap by DC.

I can see Marvel "retiring" Captain America for a while, as well as leaving room for Chris Evans to cameo here and there.

Personally, given the Wandavision and Dr. Strange multiverse storylines, I wouldn't mind seeing an Evil Steve Rogers done by Chris Evans.

by Anonymousreply 8103/27/2021

R80 Lets just say that he has some"issues" but yes he is more violent than Steve Rogers. In the comics USAgent and Hawkeye didn't always get along and have fought each other.

by Anonymousreply 8203/27/2021

I didn't care for the first Captain America a lot of times either

by Anonymousreply 8303/27/2021

Bucky was very obviously in unrequited love with Steve Rogers and he has no idea who he is or what he wants now that he can't follow Steve into battle every five minutes.

I will be so grossed out if they pair him romantically with Sharon. That didn't work when they tried it with Steve, and it won't work for Bucky. It's not Sharon's fault. Marvel backed themselves into a corner--no other character can compete with the chemistry between Bucky and Steve, and after basing three entire movies around the importance of that dynamic, who's going to buy in to a relationship between Bucky and an underwritten female character that most fans already dislike?

Sam and Bucky as a couple do nothing for me. Their bond is the love and admiration (and now, grief) they have for Steve. Sam is really Bucky's only lifeline to the contemporary world and I don't think there's really any sexual aspect to that, although yes, episode 2 was super fucking gay and they're both smoking hot. I hope by the end of the series they're friends in their own right. Bucky needs a friend, period, and Sam needs someone like Bucky by his side who will believe in him as much as Steve did.

Related question: This is the most press I've watched Sebastian Stan do. Has he always been barely able to cobble together a sentence?

by Anonymousreply 8403/29/2021

Ok, nobody seriously believes that the show would go there and make Bucky gay or even bi, right? This is all harmless shipping right now.

by Anonymousreply 8503/30/2021

Tumblr fangirls, maybe, R85. But no one else.

by Anonymousreply 8603/30/2021

No, it's just fun to think about.

by Anonymousreply 8703/30/2021

[quote]Bucky was very obviously in unrequited love with Steve Rogers and he has no idea who he is or what he wants now that he can't follow Steve into battle every five minutes.

Here's the thing. Their relationship was based on their childhood friendship - a friendship based on Steve being small, weak, and the target of bullies.

I've never understood the theory that Bucky had some unrequited love for Steve.

by Anonymousreply 8803/30/2021

Maybe their dynamic changed when Steve didn't need looking out for.

Stucky is a many-splendored thing.

by Anonymousreply 8903/30/2021

Yeah, R88, but that dynamic changed within the first 30 minutes of the first Cap movie. Steve and Bucky experienced a total role reversal, and Bucky spent the next 2.5 films fulfilling every "damsel in distress" trope that exists, while Steve became his white knight. Bucky does little else but stare googly-eyed at Steve and allowed himself to be dramatically rescued over and over. Watch the scene where Cap pulls down the helicopter while Bucky's trying to escape. Bucky looks at him with the horniest fucking expression, I actually laughed in when I saw it in theatres. I don't even think it counts as subtext, it's so blatant, although I doubt the Russo brothers would recognize it as such.

They were childhood friends, true, but that friendship matured into adulthood. They were in their mid-20s and living together before Bucky enlisted. I'm not even a diehard Stucky shipper, but their gayness is LOUD. Regardless of what the writers or directors intended, the impact is that the characters read as having a degree of intimacy with each other to which no one else compares. I understand why fans were pissed that all 3 Cap movies revolved around Steve's love for Bucky, only for Steve to dump him in Wakanda and then ditch him to go back in time to be with Peggy. It was a pretty jarring narrative shift... although there are far worse things about Infinity War and Endgame, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 9003/30/2021

Not to mention Bucky has never had a love interest and until the last two minutes of Endgame Steve only had a token love interest in the conveniently unavailable Peggy Carter, who he could occasionally get wistful about in between the many references to him not dating women.

I might be becoming a shipper. Dammit I'm too old for this shit.

Eh, fuck it. Stuggy throuple is my new head canon.

by Anonymousreply 9103/30/2021

Zemo is delightfully droll in the third episode.

Sharon Carter is an ass kicker who rivals Bucky.

Anthony Mackie, shirtless, giving the people what the want.

An old, but inevitable, acquaintance shows up to deal with unfinished business.

by Anonymousreply 9204/02/2021

Jesus. I should sue Marvel for whacking me so hard over the head with the "Sharon is the Power Broker!" hints that I suffered a head injury.

by Anonymousreply 9304/02/2021

Be kind to our Sharon, she's doing her best. Bless.

by Anonymousreply 9404/02/2021

Bucky is headed down a pretty dangerous path, IMO... John Walker put a stop to his therapy, and the first thing Bucky does is make a series of self-destructive decisions. He's playing with fire, which is always a narrative time bomb in a character who barely feels like he has a reason to live, is volatile and isolated. He seems to have some kind of deal or plan with Wakanda re: Zemo, and I hope it doesn't backfire. I think Bucky is particularly vulnerable to manipulation and deceit right now, especially after going back into the Winter Soldier's headspace. Sam is the only person looking out for Bucky, and he can only do so much since Bucky won't listen or let his guard down.

They've opened up several cans of worms in this episode. I'm interested to see how they wrap up it all up in just three more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 9504/02/2021

Bitchy, heavy drinking Sharon doing illegal things and beating in people in Mandripoor is the most interesting that character has ever been. Hope to see more of that!

Also, Mackie could be shirtless more. That was hot. I truly appreciate the hours these Marvel guys put in at the gym, they look hot as fuck.

Agree with you, R95. You can see how easily Bucky slips back into being Winter Soldier. And how much he loathes himself for it. The patrons in the Brass Monkey, with their cameras focused on his performance, definitely fucked his pardon in the asshole.

I'm glad he admitted to Sam he knew that he had sacrificed by going along with Steve to help him. It obviously means more to him than he feels he deserves, from anyone.

I'm excited for Ayo's part in all this. I wonder if they are going to try to start easing in Chadwick's death, and the alterations in the Black Panther storyline? That isn't going to be easy and I'm interested to see how it will pan out.

Seeing Madripoor from the Wolverine comics come to life like that was amazing, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 9604/04/2021

[quote]Seeing Madripoor from the Wolverine comics come to life like that was amazing, by the way.

Next year in Latveria!

by Anonymousreply 9704/04/2021

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz unwatchable.....and u know why.....

by Anonymousreply 9804/04/2021

Sebastian is hot hot hot !!!!

by Anonymousreply 9904/04/2021

Agree, R99

by Anonymousreply 10004/04/2021

He the only reason i watch it,

by Anonymousreply 10104/04/2021

I am reminded again that Emily Van Camp would have been a better Captain Marvel.

They spent a good amount of time establishing Madripoor. Do we know if they are planning to return there in a future property?

I'm enjoying the low-key ways that Bucky is a grouchy old man. His reluctance to discuss music post-1945 was cute.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Monday at 8:37 AM

Not enough shirtlessness from Sebastian Stan!!

by Anonymousreply 103Last Monday at 9:06 AM

[quote]Seeing Madripoor

When they said it, I thought they said "Majipoor" as in Lord Valentine's Castle by Robert Silverberg.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Monday at 9:12 AM

Total nerd reference r104

by Anonymousreply 105Last Monday at 9:22 AM

I really surprised DL seems to have missed the comments about Bucky seeing a lot of Tiger pics while trying online dating.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Monday at 4:08 PM

Probably because he asked out the female bartender, R106. At least, it kept me from saying anything, as I assumed it was just gaybaiting. You think they'd go for a bi-Bucky, for real?

by Anonymousreply 107Last Monday at 4:47 PM

I didn't even know this was a thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108Last Monday at 6:10 PM

The tigers are sedated. It's gross af.

by Anonymousreply 109Last Monday at 6:25 PM

I didn't get the 'tiger' reference.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Monday at 7:56 PM

In the X-comics there's a major Madripoor character called Tyger Tyger.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Tuesday at 1:12 AM

Tyger Tyger is woman.

And not a tranny. A real woman.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Tuesday at 4:46 AM

[quote]Tyger Tyger is woman.

*swipes left*

by Anonymousreply 113Last Tuesday at 5:10 AM

I had forgotten about Tyger Tyger! Ha.

Three episodes left of this left, then the making of FAWS, and onto Loki.

How soon until John Walker goes batshit and starts killing civilians? I think episode 5 and he tries to pin his shenanigans on Bucky, who was recently filmed Solidering in Madripoor. The government will blame him until Walker goes entirely, publicly off the deep end. Maybe then they'll try to make it up to Bucky and off him the shield? Which I guess he'll give to Sam so he can sail off in that boat from the previews.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Tuesday at 6:49 AM

It really wouldn't surprise me for Marvel to do a Bi-Bucky. They've been pretty adamant that they plan to start casting more minorities and actual LGBT people. I forget which Eternal it is, but one of them is going to be a gay man played by a gay actor. No, it isn't Richard Madden. lol

by Anonymousreply 115Last Tuesday at 1:59 PM

Gay characters will never fly in China r115

Lol

Moron

by Anonymousreply 116Last Tuesday at 2:43 PM

R115 Phastos is rumored to be the gay character in the Eternals movie played by Brian Tyree Henry. Who as of right now has not come out as being not straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117Last Tuesday at 2:55 PM

They definitely baited us with the possibility Bi-Bucky for the first two episodes. I can see them going there in the TV shows but making no references to it in films so that they can keep getting them through China's censors. Assuming they keep Bucky around for future films, which they seem keen to do. I think there are still a few movies left on Sebastian's contract, and Bucky is a fan favorite like Loki.

A Thunderbolts movie with Bucky at the helm could be cool.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Tuesday at 2:59 PM

stan alone keeps me watchin it....he awesome.

by Anonymousreply 119Last Tuesday at 3:07 PM

It's weird there are only three episodes left. This story does not feel like it's at its midpoint.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM

Loki I could see being bi. IDK about Bucky. If he didn't confess his violent love for Steve and beg him for a fuck, what makes you guys think he's gonna settle for a lesser dude from the apps, lol. I mean...please let's think about how sweet Evans' ass looked in these films.

by Anonymousreply 121Last Tuesday at 3:48 PM

Ugh...moronic straight cunt woman shipper ^^^

FF R121

by Anonymousreply 122Last Tuesday at 3:52 PM

I'm a guy, R122, and was only joking. Except about how great Evans body looked. That was 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Tuesday at 3:55 PM

You’re still a moronic twat

Lol

by Anonymousreply 124Last Tuesday at 3:59 PM

Drunk Lass is at it again.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Tuesday at 4:06 PM

R117 I guess that either Marvel changed their minds or ended up outing BTH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126Last Tuesday at 4:29 PM

Did you notice that move when Zemo offered Bucky up to that bar owner, and said he'd give her the codes to control him, how Zemo circled behind Bucky and then rubbed his cheek and chin like he owned him. I mean owned him like in a "daddy" way, like he was loaning out his boytoy. SPOILERS/SPECULATION AHEAD. Stop here if you want to stay out of the loop

People on Reddit and other sites are saying that a director said that an upcoming episode (5?) will make viewers cry and the spec is that Chadwick Boseman filmed a sequence for the series and will show up to avenge his father's death. I know I will cry if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Tuesday at 4:42 PM

Sebastian Stan fancasting as young Luke Skywalker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128Last Tuesday at 4:57 PM

R127, yeah, I think that's always been the subtext for Winter Soldier--he was HYDRA's rentboy, and all of the experimentation and torture he underwent for 70+ years was bound to include sexual abuse. Which is not to say that that's the cause of Bucky's potential bisexuality... Just something that already existed and was exploited to HYDRA's benefit.

I also thought it was interesting that Sharon Carter sarcastically referred to Bucky as "Mr. America--Cap's Best Friend." She may as well have called him "Steve's bitch" to his face.

Anyway, I don't think Bucky knows who he is or what he wants enough to say that he's gay, bi, or otherwise. But I hope he finds a thread to hang on to before series is up. I agree with those who feel like we haven't covered enough ground to be at the halfway point. I enjoy the show, but the pace and plotting are a little messy and unclear... Maybe some of that's due to COVID, maybe some of that's because they needed 8 episodes to tell the story instead of 6. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Tuesday at 6:10 PM

He was a HYDRA's assassin for hire and was offered as that to the bar owner. As an assassin and muscle for hire.

To break his mind (and then build him up in HYDRA's image), rape was very likely involved, but HYDRA using him as a common rent boy? That's grasping at straws.

Steve was Bucky's Achilles Heel, because he was someone he knew before he became a soldier for HYDRA's army. And that was the bond he kept having with Steve. Both were from a different era and Bucky never was able to move on and find friends in modern times like Steve until now (Falcon).

by Anonymousreply 130Last Tuesday at 6:36 PM

The first two were entertaining enough but this third episode started to lose me.

This show is trying to do so much, rather than focusing on just executing one story well.

by Anonymousreply 131Last Tuesday at 7:13 PM

Bucky being sexually abused by a platoon of Hydra soldiers is making me hot.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Tuesday at 9:41 PM

Gosh, seems like we woke up in this alternative universe where there is some requirement for half the movies, ads, tv shows, u name it....have to be ethnic.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Tuesday at 9:58 PM

Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car. Pre-lube. Pillowbiter.

Ready, Soldier?

by Anonymousreply 134Last Wednesday at 1:56 AM

Yeah, episode 3 was a little... dull. Repetitive. I hope the final three episodes make it worth it.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Wednesday at 6:57 AM

I’ve decided to take Sebastian Stan as a lover.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Wednesday at 8:02 AM

Zemo was the best part of episode 3. I also liked Madripoor and hope we see more of it in the MCU.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Wednesday at 8:11 AM

[quote]I guess that either Marvel changed their minds or ended up outing BTH.

If Brian Tyree Henry doesn't come out Marvel can save face because the actor who plays Henry's partner in the film is openly gay - Haaz Sleiman (NURSE JACKIE, BREAKING FAST) who, years ago, denounced homophobia and proclaimed "total bottom" status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138Last Wednesday at 2:45 PM

omg the white one is fukin hot as fuk times one thousand.

wanna eat him out sooooo bad.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Thursday at 12:51 AM

[quote]proclaimed "total bottom" status

*swipes right*

by Anonymousreply 140Last Thursday at 4:42 AM

Things got much darker in episode 4. Karli and John Walker were the focus in this episode. Good and evil has been dispensed with, all the characters are shades of grey and the abuse of power is the main theme.

Zemo continues to steal the show. Bucky has a couple of interactions with those Wakandan all women special ops team, one surprising emotional. Sam is sexy as shit.

I was tense throughout this entire episode. The three previous episodes didn’t sell me on TF&WS, but episode 4 definitely did.

by Anonymousreply 141Last Friday at 9:04 AM

Just watched and that last image was...phew.

If the point of this series is to show why Sam should be Captain America, they're doing a great job.

How does Marvel always do such a great job with casting? Not only were Mackie, Stan and Russell fantastic this week...so was Ayo! The woman who I think had ONE LINE in her first MCU appearance.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Friday at 1:13 PM

The actress who plays Ayo is fantastic, she has amazing screen presence.

I think this has been my favorite episode so far, I'd say it in order it would be this ep, ep 2, ep 1 and then ep 3. This episode moved the plot forward, gave us an insight into where each character is and had an amazing and brutal ending.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Friday at 1:20 PM

[quote] I will be so grossed out if they pair him romantically with Sharon.

Me too, if only because her name is "Sharon"!

by Anonymousreply 144Last Friday at 1:22 PM

Sebastian Stan did a fantastic acting job in the opening, when it’s proven that his Hydra deprogramming worked. The fear building in his face and voice....then disbelieving relief and joy.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Friday at 1:34 PM

Stan is so dam hot, get rid of the other guy....

by Anonymousreply 146Last Friday at 2:14 PM

It's a peeve of mine in action movies when people get thrown into a wall hard enough to make a dent, and are fine a minute later.

So...yay?

by Anonymousreply 147Last Friday at 2:56 PM

There's an interview with the casting director for the MCU who said that even for the smallest parts, they always need to consider if the actor is capable of handling a larger role, as they've had many instances like Ayo, where the character is suddenly brought back for more scenes and they have to be able to handle themselves with the MCU stars.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Friday at 4:24 PM

Bucky had me crying at the beginning. Sebastian Stan is really getting to show off his chops in this show. I've always thought he was a decent, capable actor who happened to be a great Bucky, but now I'm thinking he may be more talented than I realized.

The next episode will be 61 mins. It's the one that supposedly has a big cameo and according to the writer is the most emotional.

I hope Marvel considers making a second season. Seems like there should be plenty of stories to mine in a post-blip world.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Friday at 4:49 PM

Did you ever watch “I, Tonya” r149?

Sebastian Stan was amazing as Tonya’s scuzz bag husband. There was serious Oscar nomination buzz around him in this role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150Last Friday at 5:02 PM

He really was great in "I, Tonya!".

by Anonymousreply 151Last Friday at 5:07 PM

Yes, R150, I did see it. My mistake for overlooking that one; he was fantastic. I thought he gave a stronger performance than Janney (no disrespect intended--just didn't think it was her most stellar work).

by Anonymousreply 152Last Friday at 5:09 PM

Of course all the gays saw I, Tonya. (Me too!) Stan was also in The Covenant, which might be of interest for...reasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153Last Friday at 5:14 PM

[quote]If the point of this series is to show why Sam should be Captain America, they're doing a great job.

Yes. His scene with Karli was fantastic.

It's a nice callback to his comics persona, where he's a social worker.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Friday at 6:24 PM

I have to admit that Sam has grown on me over the course of the show.

They are doing an excellent job of positioning him as the next Captain America.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Friday at 6:33 PM

[quote] Congratulations to Marvel for finally realizing Sebastian Stan’s one true talent is being gay and crying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Last Friday at 9:24 PM

I read new speculation on the mystery character that's supposedly showing up in episode 5, who is said will cause many viewers to cry. Now its being rumored to be.... Steve Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 157Yesterday at 9:24 AM

Yes, let's build up speculation and expectations for the final episodes. That won't end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 158a day ago

Steve is Mephisto CONFIRMED!

by Anonymousreply 159a day ago

Yes, the tears when it isn't Steve will be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 160a day ago

R157 Allegedly, it's someone that hasn't shown up in the MCU yet and is a very grounded character played by a well-known actor.

by Anonymousreply 16118 hours ago

Cher IS Reed Richards!

by Anonymousreply 1629 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!