Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who asked about the black baby?

Philip?

by Anonymousreply 588November 28, 2021 6:38 PM

Charles

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2021 11:59 AM

I've no idea

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2021 12:04 PM

I hate those brown people

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2021 12:04 PM

This morning Oprah said Harry told her unequivocally it was neither the Queen nor Philip, so I'm leaning toward Charles or Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2021 12:06 PM

How convenient for Harry that he had Meghan drop the bombshells for him. He’s still a wimp. His eyes seem to have gotten smaller and more beady.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2021 12:08 PM

It is so weird that they, the royal family, would be worried about the colour of Archie. Meghan is NOT dark-skinned and Harry is so pale he cannot possibly stand a bit of sunray without getting a sunburn. Archie would obviously be pale-skinned and so will child nr. 2.

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2021 12:08 PM

I merely inquired if the child would be of mocha or latte hue

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2021 12:08 PM

Genetics do not work that way, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2021 12:11 PM

r4

I will place my money on William. From what I've heard of him he seems to be a proper upper-class asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2021 12:11 PM

This must be someone close, not a cousin or uncle/aunt. So ruling out the Queen and Phillip, it is between Charles/Camilla and William/Kate. I don't think the latter would make such a mistake. This is someone older who would think it's acceptable to say something like that and they can get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2021 12:12 PM

Ones family are a constant source of embarrassment. One would live on another planet if one could. Alone.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2021 12:16 PM

Well, if she were a mare, no one would be battering an eyelid....

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2021 12:18 PM

R10 I can't see Charles or Camilla saying it either

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2021 12:19 PM

I can't see this person saying it, i can't see that person saying it....FFS we've no idea what these people are like behind closed doors. It could be any of them.

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2021 12:20 PM

They are worried about protecting them. It was William.

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2021 12:24 PM

If anything was actually said it might have been taken out of context. Harry didn't really say EXACTLY what was said. He should have and who said it if he was going to throw it out there The only thing I agree with them about is security for Harry. Otherwise who cares about the trolls on social media. This was a tacky low brow thing to do. Two 15 year olds in a pact to hurt daddy and grandma. And really stupid and self sabotaging too.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2021 12:31 PM

I put my money on Camilla. She didn’t grow up learning royal protocol and when not to speak. And she obviously has no boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2021 12:35 PM

If it was William, it would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2021 12:36 PM

I bet William. May have been joking but you don’t come back from something like that, and would explain the rift.

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2021 12:36 PM

Anne

She's a tactless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2021 12:40 PM

Apparently it was Andrew. He said once you try black there is no going back.

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Wait... Does Princess Michael of KUNT count? Or is this a question of who besides her was being racist?

by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2021 12:43 PM

R8 - I disagree. Most African Americans have a certain percentage of European DNA. Henry Louis Gates is almost half European.

So let's say Meghan's mom is 25% European. Her DNA is probably over 60% to 70% European. His is 100%. That baby is probably 80-90% European.

The chances of that baby coming out to be anything other than having a slight tan is very small.

by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2021 12:46 PM

Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2021 12:46 PM

Charles is pretty liberal, I don't think it was him.

by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2021 12:47 PM

The skin color comment reminded me of when Connie Chung got Newt Gingrich's mom to whisper what her son called Hillary Clinton...TO A NATIONAL AUDIENCE.

I bet Harry regrets airing that bit of dirty laundry since it can only lead back to his notoriously private (and defiantly sensitive) father or brother. Meghan is every American woman I know in one regard...do not tell them anything they can use as ammunition while playing the victim. The comment is indefensible, but I doubt Harry was okay with that tidbit coming to light.

by Anonymousreply 26March 8, 2021 12:50 PM

William.

He sounds and looks like an entitled prick.

by Anonymousreply 27March 8, 2021 1:12 PM

R23, you can "disagree" with genetics all you want, your understanding of how genetics works is pitiful and you're simply wrong.

You're also ignoring the very real possibility that it wasn't said as some kind of genuine concern but as a nasty insult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 8, 2021 1:16 PM

Since no one else has mentioned the gash, I will...

KUNTY KATE

Or, even better...

Princess George of Cambridge!

by Anonymousreply 29March 8, 2021 1:18 PM

Charlotte "Will my cousin be a tar baby?"

by Anonymousreply 30March 8, 2021 1:22 PM

Charles. "joking."

by Anonymousreply 31March 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Maybe the question was whether it would turn out another fucking ginger.

by Anonymousreply 32March 8, 2021 1:24 PM

Genetics is a mystery and crapshoot, but I do think it was highly unlikely that Archie was going to be anything but white.

by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2021 1:24 PM

This never happened except in the mind of Duchess Whoresides.

by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2021 1:25 PM

I vote Charles - I don't know if they would give a fuck if it was Camilla. Also Harry seemed so angry at Daddy in that interview. He was getting very fired up about Daddy letting him down.

I don't know if William would be dumb enough to say that to Harry directly.

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2021 1:28 PM

@r24, "Charlotte. "

You bet, she's the one who started that whole "she made mummy cry" nonsense. I'm actually beginning to believe she's the evil power behind that whole family

by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2021 1:29 PM

All jokes aside, during the video of Archie on the beach that was played toward the end of the interview, his hair appeared to be as dark as Meghan's. Wasn't sure if that was just because it was shot in black and white...

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2021 1:33 PM

R28- nothing in that example disproves what I said. The example given is for a dark skinned father and light skinned mother. Neither of this is the case with Meghan and Harry.

The example at R28 would be for Meghan's own birth. This is another generation removed.

by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2021 1:34 PM

She of the Blackamoor broach

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2021 1:38 PM

Finally, a thread about the Royal Family vs Harry and Megs ......

I've been waiting forever !

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2021 1:40 PM

R28, I'm not even the person you're talking to but you're kind of an asshole. The possibilities of genetics and the realities of genetics are two very different things. You could possibly have two full siblings that share almost no genes because they each got a different half from each parent. On paper, that is possible. In the real world, it has never happened in the history of humanity.

Stop pretending you know anything about genetics because you googled an article to try to prove you weren't a piece of shit who is also an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2021 1:41 PM

I don't reckon it is William or Kate. I think most of Harry's anger seems to be direct his father and their clearly damaged relationship. What confuses me is he us praising up our wonderful Queen deservedly so but when it comes to decisions he doesn't like such as the lack of title he blames the Palace or the system?! Surely the Queen would have final say on these decisions?? Unless the Queen agreed a while ago to defer all of these type of situations to Charles? Because most of his anger does seem to be directed towards his Dad.It really does.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2021 1:41 PM

I don't even really believe this. Meghan is white passing and Harry is pale. There is no reason that anyone would be worrying that the baby will be dark. I feel like it is more likely a comment taken out of context or being misconstrued given Meghan's victim mentality.

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2021 1:42 PM

Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2021 1:46 PM

I’ll bet it was Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2021 1:46 PM

[quote] I don't reckon it is William or Kate.

You don’t, Jedediah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2021 1:48 PM

R43, I can only see it as having been a joke that someone had with Harry. Meghan said that she was told about it by Harry. So, he probably relayed it to her and, boom, it was on! She seems really high fucking maintenance. I could totally see myself joking around about the baby ending up dark with orange hair if it was someone I knew well. It honestly seems like something Harry the Dolt would say himself. In fact, I wouldn't doubt for a second that the two of them did talk about what their kids would look like colorwise at some point. It was all said to get the reaction it got out of Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2021 1:50 PM

R38, is it your contention that the proof that no one in the BRF asked about Archie's skin color is "because he was only going to be tan anyway"?

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2021 1:51 PM

No one

by Anonymousreply 49March 8, 2021 1:53 PM

R41, it's not that believable that you would get so angry and emotional over a comment I made if you weren't somehow involved.

If you routinely call people "asshole piece of shit idiots" because you saw a short comment they made in passing and disagreed with it, then you have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 50March 8, 2021 1:54 PM

@r40, "—Little Georgie"

Careful little guy your baby sister is gunning for you, SHE wants to be Queen

Don't turn your back on this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 8, 2021 1:55 PM

The whole security issue is ridiculous. If the UK Government didn't promise security for them while they were in Canada, they could simply afford it themselves. They were never going to be left without security. Harry inherited a ton of money from his mother. I believe the UK Government (not the royal family) decided the matter and asked themselves why the people of Britain should be paying for security for a branch of the royal family that neither lives in the UK nor works for the nation.

by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2021 1:59 PM

Camilla after a few martinis.

Do you guys remember what a big deal Diana made of the fact that Charles commented that Harry had red hair when he was born? I'm guessing the comment was similar to that. Charles speculating casually about what the kid's skin tone would be and through a game of telephone, Meghan translating it into a black kid can't be prince.

My brother is married to an Asian gal who has quite dark skin. She's also very petite, where as my family is all tall. When she was pregnant, she and my mom had multiple discussions about how tall my niece would be and what her skin tone would be. Just like people talk about whether a kid will have blonde hair or blue eyes. It was that type of talk--just wondering who my niece would look like or what combination of physical characteristics she'd have.

by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2021 1:59 PM

The royal family pays for private security too, r52, as has been established already. They refused to pay for any.

by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2021 2:00 PM

Sad to say, if you're of that bent, it's a question the world thought ... what color would the baby be. The next one will go through the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2021 2:02 PM

I was so hoping that Archie would be a dark black baby.

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2021 2:02 PM

Bullshit, R55. I wondered if the kid would look like Harry, but his skin color wasn't slighlty interesting.

I even find it laughable when Meghan calls herself a POC. I forget she's biracial because she looks and acts white.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2021 2:05 PM

Coming to Netflix soon via Royal Sussex Productions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2021 2:05 PM

On NBC this morning Al Roker speculated it was Charles. It'd be a natural question a father would ask. Thinking otherwise is bullshit..

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2021 2:07 PM

impossible to say because it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2021 2:08 PM

Well, these things happen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 8, 2021 2:09 PM

If you're spending your days on Datalounge saying Meghan isn't really black because she "looks white," then you're a racist, and it's laughable that you would claim to know that no one in the BRF could possibly have been racist about Meghan or Archie.

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2021 2:12 PM

It's genetics -- Negro/White =s Meghan. White'/White =s Harry. Harry/Meghan =s light-skinned Archie, whew! It's perfectly normal to wonder what color the child would be, the world wondered! Sussex new- baby two could be lighter or darker. Both children will be loved, when they are of age the world will have changed enough few will wonder what color their children would be.

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2021 2:14 PM

This board is really chock full of racists - holy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2021 2:16 PM

Camilla. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2021 2:16 PM

What box will Archie check when he's applying to Harvard? Mommy's alma mater (Northwestern) will clearly be beneath him.

by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2021 2:16 PM

A surprising number of them show up, post once or twice, then disappear, R64. I keep hoping that means it's just a couple of people with lots of accounts, maybe that's wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2021 2:17 PM

In this age of cancelling, there’s no coming back for the British royal family. They’re done once Liz croaks.

by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2021 2:17 PM

r62 GTF over yourself! If I saw someone who looked like Meghan in real life. My first thought regarding her looks would not be me guessing she was mixed black. And this most certainly does not make me a racist to not recognize she is part black.

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2021 2:18 PM

Just heard a young historian on the BBC reacting to the huge talking points. Quite a few paragraphs in she obliquely brought in Andrew, which made me question quite why.

It's what papers can do - have an adjacent story about someone which in fact links to a scandalous main story. Sad that I can quite see Andrew being the culprit. Charles William or Kate would be a nasty surprise, but not Andrew. This grisly who-dun-it will leak soon enough though.

by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2021 2:19 PM

WHY DOES IT FUCKING MATTER WHAT COLOR THAT BABY MIGHT BE?

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2021 2:20 PM

Ever see pics of Johnny Cash’s first wife? She was 1/8 or less African American (and reportedly had no idea) but she sure looks like a Black woman to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2021 2:20 PM

Kate

by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote]I can only see it as having been a joke that someone had with Harry. Meghan said that she was told about it by Harry. So, he probably relayed it to her and, boom, it was on! She seems really high fucking maintenance.

Why are these jokes okay? My friend and his husband cut off his parents after his father made a "joke" that he was glad they had a girl, so a boy wouldn't have to grow up not learning how to do "manly" things being raised by two gay men. None of this stuff is okay. You don't make those kinds of jokes.

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2021 2:23 PM

Sorry, R72, the Meghan-hating ladies said that because Meghan looks white, the baby is gonna be "tan," that's their opinion and therefore it's fact, and no science or genetics or examples like Vivian Liberto will convince them otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 75March 8, 2021 2:23 PM

Charles asked. Camilla was undoubtedly in the background cranking him up about it.

Every decision in his entire life has been weighed to determine how it affects his chances of being King. After 72 years of it, he's not stopping now.

by Anonymousreply 76March 8, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]I swear, some people think it's still 1950

Especially all the Royal courtiers.

by Anonymousreply 77March 8, 2021 2:24 PM

You're being rhetorical I'm sure, R74, but this is all about excusing the BRF. These trolls have three main tacks: it never even happened and Meghan made it up, or no one in the BRF would have ever asked because it was "obvious" Archie would look white no matter what, or it was just a joke and/or a natural question any father would ask.

by Anonymousreply 78March 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Vivian Liberto and Johnny Cash both have some African ancestry. But their daughter, Roseanne Cash, does not appear at all to have African ancestry.

Genetics is not the same as mixing paint colors at Home Depot.

by Anonymousreply 79March 8, 2021 2:26 PM

If the baby was brown it was all Queen Charlotte's fault! Her Berber heritage, you know.

by Anonymousreply 80March 8, 2021 2:26 PM

Isnt this exactly what they want? Endless speculation over who it was. Oh and it wasn't the grandparents, but keep guessing guys!

by Anonymousreply 81March 8, 2021 2:29 PM

One of Queen's Corgis.

by Anonymousreply 82March 8, 2021 2:30 PM

Princes Margaret

by Anonymousreply 83March 8, 2021 2:32 PM

R74 it does depend on the context though, e.g. there’s a massive difference between saying ‘I hope the baby’s a boy’ and ‘I wonder if the baby’s going to be a boy or a girl’ and it’s not at all clear where this comment falls.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong or racist per se in speculating about what color a mixed race baby might be (any more than it’s sexist to wonder what sex a baby might be), the racism is saying that one color would be better than another, surely?

by Anonymousreply 84March 8, 2021 2:34 PM

I bet it was either Andrew, or Camilla. Charles William and Kate as well as the Queen, are all more worldly as far as meeting and being exposed to people. And Sophie & Edward wouldn't care. Neither would Anne or her kids. It also could have been one of the ancient cousins of the Queen. Look. Even a lot of Harry's drinking friends and social set were offensive in their comments. Or maybe insensitive.

by Anonymousreply 85March 8, 2021 2:34 PM

Charlotte slipped an ace of spades card in Archie’s bassinet.

by Anonymousreply 86March 8, 2021 2:44 PM

I have observed that children usually take after their opposite sex parent in genetics. But because they ARE the opposite sex, you get a lot of it from your same sex grandparent. Male pattern baldness, etc.

Archie will look like his white maternal gandfather. And if they have a girl she will be tall and blonde like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 87March 8, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote] I bet it was either Andrew, or Camilla. Charles William and Kate as well as the Queen, are all more worldly as far as meeting and being exposed to people

Not necessarily.

I recall reading an article a few years ago (Vanity Fair, maybe?) about how Camilla was a good influence on the stuffy, entitled, over-protected Charles who even travels with his own furniture so the surrounding always look familiar.

The anecdote which stuck in my mind was about how they were severed a meal somewhere and Charles went apeshit upon finding something in his food. Camilla just looked over and told that it was simply a piece of clingfilm...and then she had to explain to him what that is.

by Anonymousreply 88March 8, 2021 2:48 PM

WHY DOES IT FUCKING MATTER WHAT COLOR THAT BABY MIGHT BE?

Because the Brits are racist cunts just like Americans, they just sound better while being racist. They invented racism and spread it around the world.

by Anonymousreply 89March 8, 2021 2:49 PM

I agree R68. The monarchy was on the way out as it was, but this is finishing them off.

by Anonymousreply 90March 8, 2021 2:55 PM

Even asking the question is OBVIOUSLY racist R84. The fact that you don’t understand that means you are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 91March 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Camilla

by Anonymousreply 92March 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Oh dear, we're at the "well it depends on context" part of excusing the racism, I see.

by Anonymousreply 93March 8, 2021 2:58 PM

Vivian Libretto certainly was a beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]I don’t think there’s anything wrong or racist per se in speculating about what color a mixed race baby might be (any more than it’s sexist to wonder what sex a baby might be), the racism is saying that one color would be better than another, surely?

No. Just no. Racism is not limited to speaking.

One does not have to affirmatively speak the preference that is being thought for racism to be present. In this context, a privileged family that lives and dies by public opinion, the preference for a white baby that does not rock the British boat is built into the question.

You are either dense or disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2021 2:59 PM

R30, I hooted and hollered with laughter. I'll probably go to hell for that, but thanks for helping me burn some calories.

by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2021 3:02 PM

Oh, I see, Piers is the one who claimed it would be a natural, normal question to ask what color Archie would be, and now the Meghan-haters are just repeating it as their excuse du jour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 8, 2021 3:04 PM

It was Charles. Harry was fuming at his father in that interview.

by Anonymousreply 98March 8, 2021 3:08 PM

But Harry said he’s speaking to Charles now but he’s not speaking to William. That definitely raises eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 99March 8, 2021 3:15 PM

It was Charles.

No way Future King Charles wanted a darkie grandson. For William it would only be a nephew.

by Anonymousreply 100March 8, 2021 3:15 PM

My money is on William or Anne.

by Anonymousreply 101March 8, 2021 3:17 PM

It’s a white baby. The baby is 1/4 black, how dark could anyone possibly think it could have come out? I’m sorry but I think they are either lying about the comment or they’re presenting it completely out of context. It’s not like there was some concern it was going to come out midnight black.

by Anonymousreply 102March 8, 2021 3:18 PM

R95 Of course racism isn’t limited just to speaking and I never denied the question *could* have been racist, just said it wasn’t necessarily racist. Every family expecting a baby talks about what it might look like, whether it’s eye color, ear shape, nose size and yes, skin color.

From personal experience, every mixed race family I know has talked about what traits there baby might inherit. Talking about race is not(necessarily) racist.

And no, the British royal family does not live or die by public opinion because it is not democratic .

And as for wishing for a white baby so as not to rock the boat? The baby was never going to be white cos Meghan’s not white. Any ‘boat rocking’ was already done when Meghan married into that family.

And if I’m being really cynical, if there was a preference I expect it was for a malleable dark skinned prince they could wheel out to prove the royal family was ‘modern’ and ‘relevant’ whenever Prince Andrew (or whoever) did something awful.

by Anonymousreply 103March 8, 2021 3:22 PM

Hope the new baby is white. I black, all will think she is Archie's maid.

by Anonymousreply 104March 8, 2021 3:26 PM

Meghan is actually Magda Markelabich, a "red sparrow" I send to divide and conquer Great Britain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 8, 2021 3:27 PM

I think it was Anne. She looks like she harbors racist feelings.

by Anonymousreply 106March 8, 2021 3:30 PM

R95 No it’s not. Are you mixed race or biracial? I am. Both sides of my family wondered in curiosity what my older brother would look like before he was born. If his eyes would be more Asiatic, that sort of thing. It is not racist for people to be curious unless they say shit like I wish the the baby would have blue eyes and blond hair. Now that’s racist.

I get asked about my ethnicity sometimes and majority comes from a place of curiosity. Sometimes it’s annoying but I can tell if people are curious, clueless about manners, or coming from a place of racism. When I was in 3rd grade I had a teacher who asked me where I was from, when I told her I was born here she said “no, where are your parents from? Because they’re obviously not American”. Now THAT is racist.

I once had a colleague tell me that he’s getting an idea of what his kid would look like because I had the similar racial mix. His wife is Vietnamese-American and he himself is a pale redhead. I remember him remarking on how he wished his kid would be healthy first and foremost and tan skin like mom so he didn’t have to spend a fortune on sunscreen products.

by Anonymousreply 107March 8, 2021 3:31 PM

Oh, your coworker said he wished his kid would be tan? Well, then the BRF must have never been racist to Meghan, then. Glad we got that all cleared up!

by Anonymousreply 108March 8, 2021 3:33 PM

After watching the interview, it's crystal clear now that Diana was killed. Can we all agree on that?

by Anonymousreply 109March 8, 2021 3:37 PM

It was no one. They had the chance to name names and didn’t. Just more of Mehan’s bullshit to be portrayed as a victim.

by Anonymousreply 110March 8, 2021 3:41 PM

R108 oh did I say that, moron? I merely replied to a post that says even mentioning these things out of curiosity is racist. It’s idiots who equate any conversation related to race and ethnicity as racist who are the true racists.

by Anonymousreply 111March 8, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote] And no, the British royal family does not live or die by public opinion because it is not democratic .

LOLOL

100% WRONG

by Anonymousreply 112March 8, 2021 3:43 PM

No one has brought this up and so I will. To me, this exposed the discrimination, bigotry, and lack of self-esteem that is within the Black race itself.

First, I think this has been blown way out of proportion. While it is an ignorant question, I believe that it is a legitimate question depending on its context. If you don't know something then you don't know something. I can't tell you how many times that as a Black man the number of times that I've been asked if Black people can tan or not. I put the curiosity about Archie's coloring on the same level as that question.

Black people would have you believe that all they want is for others is to speak about a baby's health. But, many Black people (if they are truthful) will tell you about the conversations regarding coloring. "Is it light skinned or dark?" On and on... Now, this all could be a product of systemic racism but the "brown paper bag" test is still very much alive and well. To this very day, if you are a light skinned Black person you are considered "more worthy" in many Black people's eyes whether they consciously acknowledge this or not.

by Anonymousreply 113March 8, 2021 3:45 PM

Harry specifically told Oprah it was not the Queen or Philip. Pay attention!

by Anonymousreply 114March 8, 2021 3:45 PM

Everyone's so fragile these days. Werdz hurt, boo frickin hoo.

by Anonymousreply 115March 8, 2021 3:50 PM

The racists are all in a tizzy that their bullshit is being called out.

by Anonymousreply 116March 8, 2021 3:51 PM

R113, that was the case years ago, but isn’t as prevalent anymore.

by Anonymousreply 117March 8, 2021 3:51 PM

Philip probably did. But he’s from another generation. He doesn’t understand the modern ways. Back in his day, “interracial” wasn’t even a word. He’s harmless.

by Anonymousreply 118March 8, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote] Vivian Liberto and Johnny Cash both have some African ancestry. But their daughter, Roseanne Cash, does not appear at all to have African ancestry.

That's an entirely different scenario. The genetics of skin, hair and eye color can't be fully explained by Mendel's laws, but as a rule of thumb, 'dark' tends to be dominant. When two mixed-race people procreate, recessive genes can combine in a way that produces a surprisingly light child. The opposite case - the child coming out significantly DARKER than both parents - is more unlikely as genes for 'dark' are unlikely to be 'hidden'. (it happened with Prince George though - both parents have green/blue-ish eyes, but his are brown).

by Anonymousreply 119March 8, 2021 3:55 PM

Years ago, R117????

You need to get out more....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 8, 2021 3:55 PM

How about no one did? The body language seen last night needs to be taught in Communication classes.

by Anonymousreply 121March 8, 2021 3:55 PM

I don't think it's william, it's definitely charles.

Harry was very angry at his dad. his body language changed when he talked about him. the part where he stopped taking his calls etc.

by Anonymousreply 122March 8, 2021 3:56 PM

it's probably the aides.

by Anonymousreply 123March 8, 2021 3:56 PM

R112 So I’m ‘100% wrong” for saying the British royal family (literally a hereditary monarchy) isn’t democratic?

Can’t wait to see how this scandal plays out in the queen’s reelection campaign then!

by Anonymousreply 124March 8, 2021 3:57 PM

Amazing that the “ITS NOT OKAAAAYY” posters are the same one to mock Millennial for “being snowflakes”. I never want to hear that criticism ever again from you seething swarm of hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 125March 8, 2021 3:57 PM

You can tell the couple is exaggerating this. Harry said it was one family member but wouldn’t say what was said or in what context. Meghan then got a leading question from Oprah if it was maybe related to the baby being too dark. Meghan answered in a deliberately vague way and added that it was what Harry had told her from conversation with the family. Family as in plural members of the family, that was what she deliberately said. Very different from one unnamed family member to “the family”.

by Anonymousreply 126March 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Also, the fact that none of you realise this non-issue is all a ‘look over here’ distraction tactic to pull focus from something doubtlessly more grave and distressing? Amusing.

Are you all getting dumber, or am I getting smarter?

by Anonymousreply 127March 8, 2021 3:59 PM

It’s definitely Charles. It’s Harry’s way of publicly blackmailing his father. He wants daddy to pay for security for Archie which befits a head of state. He’s too cheap to pay for it and this is his way of saying give us the funds or I will reveal what you said in private and make it sound racist.

Blackmail 10, if the mark stops taking your calls then you go public. This is all very Gone Girl. I’m loving it.

by Anonymousreply 128March 8, 2021 4:04 PM

R124, if the British royal family falls out of favor with the British public, that's the end of them, at least as we currently know them. Their budget gets cut. Their privileges removed. Their exalted status can dissipate quickly.

Soon they could be on bicycles, just like the Dutch royal family. The Windsor-Mountbattens live LARGE. Much, much, larger than any of the other European monarchies. And they do so because they have been successful playing the public relations game. Things can, and probably will, change for them in the years ahead. They have gotten a lot of cover because of Elizabeth's long tenure. When she's gone, no one knows how well the British public will accept King Charles and Queen Camilla. But they will never be as well loved as Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 129March 8, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]You can tell the couple is exaggerating this. Harry said it was one family member but wouldn’t say what was said or in what context. Meghan then got a leading question from Oprah if it was maybe related to the baby being too dark. Meghan answered in a deliberately vague way and added that it was what Harry had told her from conversation with the family. Family as in plural members of the family, that was what she deliberately said. Very different from one unnamed family member to “the family”.

Which leads me to believe that maybe it's M & H who have the "real" problem. It's as if they were/are on guard anticipating and waiting for such a question to be asked.

by Anonymousreply 130March 8, 2021 4:06 PM

Why the HELL is anyone believing anything "I hate pakis" Harry is saying here? He's the one who had the conversation with his alleged family member, not Meghan (he told her later).

This is a spoiled screaming brat who, along with his spoiled brother William, spoiled for fights with his father for years. He's been spoiling for fights with the BRF and their staff for the past several years now. No one has thought that a discussion was brought up about something related, such as racial bias towards Harry's kids or perhaps even a talk about the HRH for them, and he wigged out about something he didn't like and began spouting shit, "you don't like my children because they'll be dark", etc.

The idea that Charles would ever verbally disdain or put down his own grandchildren due to their skin color is laughable. The idea that hothead Harry would twist up someone else's discussion to suit his own agenda, is not (see r128, not am implausible scenario imo)

by Anonymousreply 131March 8, 2021 4:06 PM

anyone notice Harry's hairline? much thicker now at the front. I wonder what was done.

by Anonymousreply 132March 8, 2021 4:06 PM

If there was in fact ever any rude mention of Harry's kids' skin tone, it was from Andrew, all the way. He's the biggest boor in that family and would have the cheek to say something like that.

And if it IS Andrew, or any other extended relative, then Harry better get off his ass today and say so, thereby acquitting his poor father, stepmother and other relatives. He brought it up to Oprah, he needs to clarify it. He put it out there, he can finish up the job and put it ALL out there - no more coyly hinting or bringing passive-aggressively "not telling neh neh" bs.

Harry and Meghan need to follow up on their bombshells, and just put it all out. No more "I'm not saying who". Let the chips fall where they may.

by Anonymousreply 133March 8, 2021 4:10 PM

This is just the last thing that Betty needed. Girlfriend, has already had a tough couple of weeks and now this. Those damn kids will be the death of her...

by Anonymousreply 134March 8, 2021 4:11 PM

R111, your anecdotal experiences have no bearing on this situation AT ALL. You got teased for thinking that you'd proved a point about the sociocultural phenomenon of racism by relating something useless some coworker allegedly said.

What is with you people and your constant screeching about everyone else being stupid? You sound like QAnoners who are always yelling, "You are so dumb! Educate yourself!"

by Anonymousreply 135March 8, 2021 4:22 PM

I don't know why any of you are claiming that Meghan made this up and it never happened, racist much? The information comes from Harry and he related it to Meghan. We don't even know if it was said directly to Harry or whether someone told Harry that someone else made the comment and we probably never will.

Oprah asked Harry "they said this about Archie" and Harry said it was said about the children Meghan would have so it might have been even before they were married.

by Anonymousreply 136March 8, 2021 4:23 PM

Harry said it was directly to him, early in the relationship when they were also saying things like "we don't have money to pay her, she'd have to keep working as an actress."

They didn't say it directly about Archie but had concerns about all their potential kids being darker skinned. That makes it worse, because it sounds like they were doing the old "but what about the hard time the children will have?" argument that people used to make about interracial marriages.

by Anonymousreply 137March 8, 2021 4:26 PM

[quote]I don't know why any of you are claiming that Meghan made this up and it never happened, racist much?

Okay... she "misinterpreted"....

by Anonymousreply 138March 8, 2021 4:27 PM

r101 No way would it be Princess Anne

by Anonymousreply 139March 8, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]Harry said it was directly to him, early in the relationship when they were also saying things like "we don't have money to pay her, she'd have to keep working as an actress."

Harry's an unstable mess and not a reliable source. It was reported just this past week that the BRF and staff, who were bending over to make Meghan comfortable in the early days of the engagement and marriage, even told her they were onboard with her continuing her acting career if she wanted, while working as a royal. A la Sophie Winkleman, married to Freddie Windsor (not a working royal but still...).

What do you bet that sociopathic Harry has taken that perfectly decent offer of support, and TWISTED it to suit his current needs in the beef with his family? He's that nuts imo. And guess what? The conversations would have been documented by others present, perhaps even written up in meeting notes if they were said in that forum. We're in for a lot of blowback once this plays in the UK tonight.

by Anonymousreply 140March 8, 2021 4:39 PM

Besides, how would they (the BRF) be short of money for Meghan or anyone? They spent millions on couture outfits on Meghan alone the first couple of years. And more millions of Charles's Duchy money outfitting Frog Cott. But, they'd have to ask her to keep acting to pay her personal bills? (Security is funded differently).

Does anyone think critically anymore.

by Anonymousreply 141March 8, 2021 4:43 PM

They took everything ever said to anyone and concocted a fantasy of abuse, racism and hate.

Diana's dead, Harry. Meghan is using you to create a "New Diana" obsession in you so she keeps you - and she doesn't "love" you, you know, you dolt - in line while she plots her next move.

Because she's an old dog now and her shelf life was nearly over when she snatched you.

by Anonymousreply 142March 8, 2021 4:43 PM

My granny always said, "white mens have white babies, and Black mens have Black babies. The chile will always favor the daddy."

by Anonymousreply 143March 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Here's my thing...

Harry is jealous of William. Regardless of how many of them complain about the lack of privacy, scandal sheets, and whatever else are the problems of the rich, they ALL love the massive attention and privileged treatment that they receive. But, Harry is the spare. He will never be the King and so as the years pass by his relevancy will diminish. Miss, "I want to be the next Princess Diana and LOVED by the world" has been on a gold-digging quest ever since she married that boy and helped him discover the magic of Black pussy. But, she married the spare and not the heir. Therefore, her dream will fade as Betty gets older and William, Kate, and their children grab the spotlight--especially, that little hussy Miss Charlotte. You can tell that she ain't into sharing.

So, Harry & Meghan are doing whatever they can to keep themselves relevant and STEAL the spotlight from big brother, sis-in-law, and their scions.

by Anonymousreply 144March 8, 2021 4:50 PM

You know r142, there was definitely racially charged shit flung early on by the media at Meghan - the "Straight outta Comptom" headline at the Mail as an example. BP or CH (Charles's office) could have said something to counter that. I was kind of surprised they didn't.

The blackamoor brooch incident at the holiday party with Princess Michael was unfortunate and stupid of her to wear. She has always been daft, but apologized immediately after when it was brought to her attention what was up. There are people like Andrew and even Philip in the family who have been known to be rude bores. Harry himself has taken heat for past racial comments.

So I don't think she took "everything ever said" and concocted a pure fantasy, there's a germ of reality to nearly anything. But she's twisted and exaggerated an awful lot here, even worse in a coy way ("I'm not going to say who said it!" "Let me drop hints though to keep you guessing!"). That takes cruel balls and a lot of nastiness toward not only your in-laws but your husband. I don't get the Sussex relationship at all, there's just such a strong vibe of dependency, control, and passive-aggression on display even last night with Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 145March 8, 2021 4:50 PM

I see the geneticist has arrived at R143.

by Anonymousreply 146March 8, 2021 4:54 PM

It was not Andrew. You Trumpie deniers are exhausting. Such fools.

by Anonymousreply 147March 8, 2021 5:02 PM

I agree with R43; I used to work with a woman that routinely cherry picked comments used in support of her victim mentality.

Given how notoriously thin skinned & volatile Harry is, it's hard to imagine anyone suggesting that their child would be any less than a miracle and most certainly would not speculate on genetic traits.

by Anonymousreply 148March 8, 2021 5:09 PM

It was Camilla, after her third G&T of the day.

by Anonymousreply 149March 8, 2021 5:21 PM

I do think its a bit wrong that most members of that family now have a cloud of suspicion hanging over them because Harry won't name who did make the comment.

by Anonymousreply 150March 8, 2021 5:23 PM

The main reason I don't think it was William is that Harry said something along the lines of "I love him to bits, we're just on different paths". I don't think he would have said that if William had made a racist comment about his unborn child.

by Anonymousreply 151March 8, 2021 5:24 PM

You would never guess that Meghan is half black from looking at her. She could pass for Spanish or Portugese.

by Anonymousreply 152March 8, 2021 5:26 PM

[quote]What box will Archie check when he's applying to Harvard? Mommy's alma mater (Northwestern) will clearly be beneath him.

Maybe he'll be a useless Hollywood brat, i.e. Brody Jenner or Patrick Shriver

by Anonymousreply 153March 8, 2021 5:34 PM

Camilla and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 8, 2021 5:40 PM

I think they are going to lose their titles soon... just a hunch

by Anonymousreply 155March 8, 2021 5:40 PM

If you still believe Meghan is making it up, please, give her the Oscar, BAFTA, Tony, Olivier and any other acting awards.

by Anonymousreply 156March 8, 2021 5:41 PM

It was the Rottweiler and her gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 157March 8, 2021 5:43 PM

Complete disaster for the BRF. Most of the Commonwealth will refuse to recognize Charles III as Head and black people in the UK are washing their hands of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 158March 8, 2021 5:49 PM

Remains to be seen r158. The show hasn't even been broadcast in Britain yet, until tonight.

by Anonymousreply 159March 8, 2021 5:56 PM

r157 I seriously doubt Prince Charles is gay!

by Anonymousreply 160March 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Anothe z-list actor getting the top job and fucking it up. When will people learn?

by Anonymousreply 161March 8, 2021 6:10 PM

R135 no one got teased except the moron, meaning you, who tried to stretch the dumb shit that talking about possible racial characteristics in a multiracial baby is always racist. You sound like the white woke women who never had any experiences with non-white people aside from protests and social media. You’re also the one who started on this tangent, which we often do on DL, but don’t rebut others for replying to it and extrapolate shit that weren’t said. In this regard you sound like fucking Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 162March 8, 2021 6:13 PM

I think they all said it, and then one voiced it in an argument.

The Queen perhaps had enough like experience, kindness and decorum to not think of ever articulating the thought, but the rest are sewer rats wearing finery, so anyone, including Philip, are highly suspect.

And the fact that the press was tacitly allowed to racially roast Meghan and Archie, proves that they all thought it, even if they did not say it.

These are all loathsome people, particularly Harry’s older brother, Wills.

Well, he isn’t alone. Plenty of us are closely related to horrible human beings. Unfortunately, sometimes they are our parents and/or siblings. Sometimes we don’t even know they’re racists, until a black man become POTUS or we get serious with someone who they deem racially inadequate as out potential spouse.

Happens all the time. And who is surprised that William is such a shitty human being? He took exactly after his father and Harry took right after his mother but with the added benefit of being a straight, white, male. And even so, they’ve cut him off completely, so these people have no mercy and eat their own.

Of course they see their new baby relative as an oddity rather than as kin. All because of the color of skin.

These are truly detestable people, and Archie will be a better man to not have grown up in their midst. As will his little sis, surely.

So gross and embarrassing. Imagine these racists as your parents and siblings????

by Anonymousreply 163March 8, 2021 6:13 PM

I would be more horrified if the baby were a pale, freckled ginger than if it were a shade of the black.

by Anonymousreply 164March 8, 2021 6:14 PM

WTF is R163 going on about? You were there and “they all said it”? Your post reads like a frau fanfic or more tragically you’re projecting your own experiences onto worthless famewhores and their families.

by Anonymousreply 165March 8, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]Happens all the time. And who is surprised that William is such a shitty human being?

We are not surprised because he isn't a shitty human being at all.

He gets on with his day job mostly uncomplainingly, shows up on time, and most importantly, he chose a near-perfect wife to fill a very difficult role. Waited a long time to bring her in, but in hindsight (and after last night) it clearly was the right way to do it.

Compared to his younger brother, at this moment William is a model of decorum, stability and loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 166March 8, 2021 6:21 PM

Lady Colin Campbell most likely.

by Anonymousreply 167March 8, 2021 6:24 PM

Let's just say there are a lot of people posting here who need to shut up about their (white person's) idea of what racism is and immerse themselves for a while in black people's actual EXPERIENCE. Really, just stop talking and listen. Read real books, not social media comments. If you don't feel uncomfortable at all, you haven't listened long enough.

by Anonymousreply 168March 8, 2021 6:24 PM

Eventually Harry would have to come clean about what exactly was said and by whom. As of now he’s placed suspicions upon members of his family other than his grandparents. On the flip side why is he protecting a racist family member who should be outed for saying (if true) despicable things about his child? Despicable meaning not innocent or even clueless conjectures about physical traits including skin color. If the person said racist shit then fully call that person out, not this half-assed I’ll never tell shit. That’s cowardice on his part. What is he now, a fucking gossip columnist, he’ll only give out clues?

by Anonymousreply 169March 8, 2021 6:25 PM

Gosh I have to say, I sympathize for Harry and Meg but still dont like her. His family sounds pretty awful though

by Anonymousreply 170March 8, 2021 6:27 PM

Nope, I believe they all said it to themselves and some did to eachother and one DID to Harry himself!

What, you think these ideas formed in the ether? They formed in the value system in which they were created and upheld.

And the Queen is a frau, so your use of the word frau to defend despicable people is expected from a despicable person as you surely are.

No matter what anyone’s positive or negative opinions about this entire debacle, the fact that this racially charged question was lobbed at a Prince, is despicable on its own, setting aside the rest of the filth that has ensued from this.

The Royal ROTA are TRASH, as are the royals who stood silent as the biggest campaign of racial warfare was lobbied against an American, not seen since the likes of when Barack and Michelle Obama became occupants of the White House.

Fuck off, R165. The senseless one is TOU, as the ONLY reason these grievances have been aired on national television, is that Harry’s family are as dysfunctional as they get.

by Anonymousreply 171March 8, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]Let's just say there are a lot of people posting here who need to shut up about their (white person's) idea of what racism is and immerse themselves for a while in black people's actual EXPERIENCE. Really, just stop talking and listen. Read real books, not social media comments. If you don't feel uncomfortable at all, you haven't listened long enough.

Fair enough. We need to hear those voices to try to understand. Meghan's too, even if we take issue with some of her choices.

Will you do the same for those of us who understand how the monarchy works, socially and politically, what the actual rules and processes are and what the institution's (including staff's) actual experience is? Stop talking and listen to what's being told and explained? Read real books as you say, and not social media opinion or outbursts? Even if you don't fully understand or aren't made uncomfortable.

Seems fair to ask.

by Anonymousreply 172March 8, 2021 6:31 PM

I am sure Lady Colin Campbell will tell us on YouTube today or tomorrow. I was deeply shocked that Harry attacked his father. That would have deeply hurt and offended him. Why did he have to tell personal stories like that that were bound to wound his family. Charles will never speak to Harry again after this. What Harry did was cruel.

by Anonymousreply 173March 8, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]I would be more horrified if the baby were a pale, freckled ginger than if it were a shade of the black.

Well, maybe that's the issue; the BRF is all well & fine with a black baby, but NO MORE GINGERS!

by Anonymousreply 174March 8, 2021 6:41 PM

Of course he would attack his father, R173! Daddy cut off the money!

by Anonymousreply 175March 8, 2021 6:54 PM

R84, but that is not how the question was contextualized, no?

The question was proposed as a question which would negatively impact the royals, if Harry and Meghan were to wed and procreate.

Specifically, it was pointed out that the question was made as someone or perhaps a group of Harry’s closest family intimates, attempted to dissuade him from entering into an engagement leading to matrimony with her.

Such as, “Wellc have you even thought about what would happen if you married her and had children? What if the child is black, Harry?”, and because it was used as a point of contention as to why marrying Meghan was a bad idea, is why it was a racially charged question, as their main premise as to why Meghan was unfit, was her race, and not just her non-aristo lineage, or her divorcée status.

Harry even went on to tell about another family advisor, attempting to convince him not to marry Meghan.

Why were these gentlemen and family members not discouraging Harry against marrying his white girlfriends, previously? Surely he would have deduced that they were attempting to protect him from women of poor character, rather than women who they considered to be of poor genetic lineage, had this been the case, no? Wasn’t one of his ex girlfriends, a chubby, blonde, cherub like looking alcoholic? I recall one who looked like she had a set of wings on her back and pint of lager in her hands with a straw in her mouth, sipping voraciously, as she sweat profusely, as alcoholic angels with beer bellies, tend to do.

Isn’t pathetic how these Royal ass kissers deny what the world can see plainly?

You cunts do NOT like blacks, Muslims or gays, and now we know this for sure, because the finger and his wife spilled the beans to Oprah!

LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 176March 8, 2021 7:10 PM

[quote] Genetics do not work that way, [R6].

Most often they do. "Throwback" babies are very rare. Megan's mother is on the lighter side of Black. That this was a conversation within a family that has INTERMARRIED for generations is f*cking ridiculous. Prince Phillip and Queen Elizabeth are both descendants of Queen Victoria. Queen Victoria is descended from the 'Black' Queen Charlotte in "Bridgerton."

by Anonymousreply 177March 8, 2021 7:10 PM

*Ginger, not finger.

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 178March 8, 2021 7:13 PM

Charlotte was not black.

by Anonymousreply 179March 8, 2021 7:37 PM

R172, you’re actually comparing experiences gained through a chance of birth (race) with experiences gained by choice and not getting how that comes off.

by Anonymousreply 180March 8, 2021 7:38 PM

You mean the baby could be black !?!?!?!?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 8, 2021 7:44 PM

Megan's mother is on the lighter side of Black? WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 182March 8, 2021 7:58 PM

When your'e mixing paint, the outcome is questionable until you see it.

by Anonymousreply 183March 8, 2021 8:03 PM

"Who asked about the black baby?" you ask?

The most likely candidate is Harry himself.

He has a history of racist behavior while the others don't.

He probably made some stupid remark and Sparkle ran with it. Making it a big secret, thereby laying the blame across all of his family.

Yes. I believe it was Harry.

by Anonymousreply 184March 8, 2021 8:09 PM

^R184, desperately trying to keep a thread alive.

by Anonymousreply 185March 8, 2021 8:13 PM

I actually seriously agree with you r184.

I think he took a probably academic conversation with his father or brother about race - Charles is nothing but formal and pedantic about everything under the sun - where the potential public issues of his children's racial characteristics were being discussed abstractly. How they might obtain reaction from lower levels of UK society, for example. Not discussed in a disdainful, bigoted manner. And Harry didn't like the conversation and started his usual fights/abuse, twisting things up in his head then running home to Meghan and feeding her a bunch of upsetting crap.

Not a far out scenario at all, given the parties involved. The mistake these people made was in trying to placate dimbulb Harry or include him in any matters at all. Given his indiscretions, I'm sure they all feel this way looking back in hindsight. They should have made decisions, told him what was up, and left it that. Less drama.

by Anonymousreply 186March 8, 2021 8:18 PM

I love this story lol. The Revenge of the Duchess! And of course it was William questioning the baby's skin tone . He despises being upstaged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187March 8, 2021 8:33 PM

No one, repeat, NO ONE in the Royal family would be dumb enough to comment about the "darkness" of the whelp's skin. Even if there was "concern" about that no one in the Royal family would said anything about it to anybody, least of all these two yammering twats. Sparkle and Dimwit are once again lying to make themselves out to be victims.

by Anonymousreply 188March 8, 2021 8:43 PM

And who are you, r188? The Dutchess Fantasia of Fucking Clueless?

by Anonymousreply 189March 8, 2021 8:46 PM

Who are YOU, R189? A Sparkle and Dimwit loving cunt, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 190March 8, 2021 8:48 PM

Sparkle and Dimwit? What are you, 5? Be a little more creative!

by Anonymousreply 191March 8, 2021 8:52 PM

well what was The Dutchess Fantasia of Fucking Clueless then r191? High art?

and a big Oh Dear! too.

by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2021 8:57 PM

I heard Liz called her "that American darkie".

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2021 9:16 PM

When I was British Royalty I adopted a black child, so I don’t see what the fuss is about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2021 9:27 PM

Absolutely, R172.

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2021 9:37 PM

Amended to say: in theory, R172. Now that I've figured out which comments are yours, I'd say you are positing a villain/hero dichotomy between Harry and William, & between Harry/Meghan and the Royals in general (minus Andrew.) I see an awful lot of posters here with investments in one side being right/honest/sensible and the other being a hot duplicitous mess. I've found this is rarely the case in this kind of "x said/y said" conflict. And in this case, given the heavy media/political underpinnings, well, it seems dubious that either version is objectively truthful.

Which is very different that opining on the way structural racism manifests in the world when you personally have no experience on the receiving end.

by Anonymousreply 196March 8, 2021 9:48 PM

This is why you never marry the staff or commoners from foreign lands. What the hell is was the Queen thinking?

by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2021 9:54 PM

R8 Umm, yes, that is exactly how genetics work. Harry is a very white dude. For a person with some African ancestry, Meghan is extremely light-skinned. She doesn't look black at all. So their baby will be somewhere between the two. It's certainly not going to be darker than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]What the hell was the Queen thinking?

Maybe she thought responsibility for a wife and children would force him to grow up and be responsible.

She was obviously wrong. He went from petulant brat to pussy whipped wuss.

by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2021 10:00 PM

I'm beginning to think Harry should have married a real black woman, straight outta Lagos or somewhere. Meghan has obviously got a HUGE chip on her shoulder about her ancestry. I have no idea why. If Harry wanted to spice it up a bit, he should have got some nice well-adjusted Hutu or Tutsi woman, or someone classy and properly black like Iman.

by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2021 10:03 PM

Supposedly, it was one of Harry's "cousins" that asked the question. If it was asked at all, it could have come from one of the Spencer cousins. Earl Spencer's kids were raised in South Africa where the first countess still lives, so how dark the baby's skin might be of interest to any one of them.

by Anonymousreply 201March 8, 2021 10:06 PM

R62 - agreed. I get called racist for describing the various types of people in very diverse LA or making satirical comments about white folks in national parks but saying a biracial woman is white because she "acts white" is racist. POC are diverse and not everyone fits into a racial stereotype. Not all African-Americans use ebonics, but some do...all about environment and choice and the individual himself. Point it, she is biracial and how "black" she looks is ridiculous speculation...this is not Home Depot and we aren't looking at swatches of paint.

by Anonymousreply 202March 8, 2021 10:21 PM

Also, can we get some opinions from black or biracial DL-ers?

by Anonymousreply 203March 8, 2021 10:23 PM

What's all the fuss about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 8, 2021 10:26 PM

'Queen' George

by Anonymousreply 205March 8, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] They are worried about protecting them. It was William.

Agree. At this point, they would only be worried for someone who would take the throne. If it was William, I imagine that Diana would be ashamed if it was said as anything other than a jest.

by Anonymousreply 206March 8, 2021 10:29 PM

I am thinking it was Charles or William. Camilla doesn't matter and they wouldn't care because anyway she doesn't decide on titles. Kate had Pakistani and Indian and black colleagues and friends at her wedding she knew since childhood so there is no way she was such a clueless idiot. They wouldn't care if Andrew's daughters said that and if Andrew did it, you can bet they would have thrown some comments about him because there is a lot to say. Charles may have said it in a dorky way, but I doubt he would have been one to deny title based on that...not the type. I think the number one suspect is William.

by Anonymousreply 207March 8, 2021 10:30 PM

maybe this person wasn't being racist but was just curious about it? How was it said? He can't have a title because we don't know what color he will be? or maybe just innocently wondering about the color.

Harry might have taken it the wrong way?! he's so sensitive

by Anonymousreply 208March 8, 2021 10:40 PM

My guess is Will, Kate, and Charles all spoke about it among themselves and one or all of them spoke with Harry about it. Guessing William is or sure one of them as it sounds like something a brother is more likely to feel the most comfortable mentioning. I doubt Camilla as a former pariah and professional side piece has enough nerve/shame to flounce about judging others and thinking they are tainting the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 209March 8, 2021 10:43 PM

The Queen has never been known to have the slightest trace of racism in her views or behavior. Philip is of course racist, but his racism takes the form of jokes which really are not funny. He's never been known to be racist in ways that are abusive or motivated by hatred. If he would ever ask such a question about the baby, it would be far more out of curiosity rather than any sort of concern or malice. Charles, like his mother isn't known to have shown any racism.. The same thing with Princess Anne. She probably views all commoners with disdain regardless of their skin color. Camilla knows she walks on thin ice with William and Harry for obvious reasons, so she wouldn't ask about the baby's color. I doubt she'd even care anyway. As long as you don't lecture her about smoking, she's glad to get along with you.

A lot of fingers are being pointed towards the cow, Princess Michael of Kent. It's doubtful they even exchange pleasantries.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is something Harry and Meghan made up because they thought it a sure way to garner sympathy and support.

by Anonymousreply 210March 8, 2021 10:44 PM

I don't believe it's william or kate. it's most likely charles.

by Anonymousreply 211March 8, 2021 10:45 PM

R207 you make a curious question like that maybe once if you're a clueless asshole. But only a full bore asshole who have "several" inquiries about it curiously.

by Anonymousreply 212March 8, 2021 10:45 PM

Oops sorry R208

by Anonymousreply 213March 8, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote] It is so weird that they, the royal family, would be worried about the colour of Archie.

"they"??

I thought Meghan said that just one person did. Were there more?

by Anonymousreply 214March 8, 2021 10:50 PM

Harry said one family member and then told Meghan who told Oprah it was “the family”. See how she twists words and implied things which was not the original version. Harry just sits there without correcting her.

by Anonymousreply 215March 8, 2021 10:57 PM

Why is everyone assuming its Charles, William or Camilla? It simply doesn't seem to fit their personalities.

Why is no one looking at Zara Tindall, or her husband rugby player Mike? They seem very boisterous and reportedly mouthy. There's Peter Philips as well. Andrew? Need I say more.

Just because H&M said "senior royal" doesn't mean that's the case or they had their stories straight. There was a lot they weren't on page about in the interview.

If said, it doesn't make it less upsetting of course. But H&M are nearly 40 years old and supposed to be Senior Royals with all that entails, and should know better than to throw out stories while casting a wide net of suspicion on so many uninvolved people. They aren't kids. Meghan is supposed to be "sharp as a tack". So, why the obsfucation. Spit it out, let the guilty deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 216March 8, 2021 10:59 PM

I'm not sure what was meant when Meghan and Harry suspected Archie didn't get a title because he might be dark. Under the current laws, Archie isn't entitled to be a prince until Charles becomes king. Even William's two youngest were not entitled to be a princess and prince. Only George was born a prince. Charlotte and Louis were made Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis by the Queen so they would be of the same rank as their older brother.

If Archie and his parents were still living in the UK, he could and would be known as the Earl of Dumbarton. Neither the Queen nor Charles could stop it even if they wanted to. Meghan and Harry may have been asked before they left for the US not to use a title for Archie just as they were asked not to use their titles.

by Anonymousreply 217March 8, 2021 11:02 PM

It’s not William. A big tell is he doesn’t get worked up about William. Instead it’s more likely one of the lesser Royals or Andrew. If it was Charles or William I feel like Harry would’ve given a lot more clues in his physical bearing. He’s a bad liar so it’d be interesting to see the bully investigation where there are witnesses who said he initially had met with staff to apologize on Meghan’s behalf.

by Anonymousreply 218March 8, 2021 11:04 PM

I was worried the baby might turn out green. Harry's wife was so green with envy because I got to wear the emerald tiara. Well, you know.

by Anonymousreply 219March 8, 2021 11:10 PM

I agree it doesn’t fit in with William’s and Charles’ personality. Camilla, I doubt it, from reading about her she doesn’t have a super close relationship with her stepsons to say shit or joke about things that could be misunderstood. Kate even when Meghan threw her under the bus said she is a good person.

Andrew or Anne. Most likely Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 220March 8, 2021 11:12 PM

R201 Imagine if it's some extremely minor royal-adjacent cousin, it gets out, and the world goes "who?" Then that person's life is ruined anyway.

by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2021 11:13 PM

r217 what is confusing is there are several royal reporters on Twitter today, who re-affirm unequivocally that M&H were the ones who insisted on calling their son "Master Archie" at birth, and that Harry had always insisted his children might not carry royal titles due to the burden brought. I strongly recall reading this (there are tweets up) back in 2018.

They (the reporters) strongly hint the source for this info was one of H&M themselves, or their senior staff. So, what gives? Both H&M would know that anything said by themselves or their reps, even off the record, is traceable in this day and age.

Why were they carrying on about this title business last night, what was the deal. Their statements to Oprah were so in opposition to earlier ones attributed to them, there really isn't 'gray area' in this case. It's messed up coming from a Senior royal prince and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 222March 8, 2021 11:14 PM

Andrew didn't care about the baby's skin color - but when it was born he was disappointed that there wouldn't be another underage girl close by.

by Anonymousreply 223March 8, 2021 11:25 PM

I find it a little hard to believe it would cut so deep if it wasn't immediate family.

by Anonymousreply 224March 8, 2021 11:27 PM

I don't believe anything either one of them said, starting with the claim to have been married three days before the public "spectacle" all the way to Hazbo never taking a family bike ride as a kid. Lying narcissist and histrionic, what a slimy duo.

by Anonymousreply 225March 8, 2021 11:28 PM

It was totally Phillip, I don’t care about the denials.

He’s always been a major racist

by Anonymousreply 226March 8, 2021 11:31 PM

Can it, R168. Such sanctimony.

by Anonymousreply 227March 8, 2021 11:37 PM

The African Baby Catalogue doesn't write itself. It's obviously the publisher.

by Anonymousreply 228March 8, 2021 11:38 PM

Buck would've never asked about a black baby.

by Anonymousreply 229March 8, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote]The possibilities of genetics and the realities of genetics are two very different things. You could possibly have two full siblings that share almost no genes because they each got a different half from each parent. On paper, that is possible. In the real world, it has never happened in the history of humanity.

This is no different than two siblings, taking ancestry tests and getting different results which does happen! You could take any number of things from either parent or grandparent. (Maybe even further back.)

Archie could have been as light as William or as dark as Doria. Genetics doesn't work in percentages, it's a crapshoot. It's not like the black side of his family is that far removed either. Goodness!

by Anonymousreply 230March 8, 2021 11:46 PM

And now a word from someone else’s sponsor...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 8, 2021 11:47 PM

"I don't know why any of you are claiming that Meghan made this up and it never happened, racist much?"

There's no proof this ever happened. You just have to take their word for it. And their word doesn't count for much. They lied about being married "three days" before their wedding; whatever happened in their "backyard", it wasn't a legal marriage. They're bullshitters who want to make themselves out as the pitiable victims of the evil Queen and her minions. Unless they come out with the names or names of the evil racists who enquired about their little troll's skin color then their story has no credibility at all, except to imbeciles who don't even know them but love them.

by Anonymousreply 232March 8, 2021 11:56 PM

It was OPRAH!

by Anonymousreply 233March 8, 2021 11:59 PM

It was Antifa and the radical left.

by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2021 12:00 AM

Archie is whiter than both Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2021 12:09 AM

The first sin was intercourse.

by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2021 12:14 AM

R50, I'm sick to death of ignorant fucking morons who pretend they know what they are talking about. In case you haven't been paying attention, that's why the world is in the state it's currently in, so I stand by my response to you being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2021 12:15 AM

The Royal Family have to place nice now since Meghan and Harry have the power to reveal who said that to their baby.

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2021 12:31 AM

Spot on, R232. Oprah had no interest in conducting a legitimate unbiased interview-- there was a clear agenda from the start. No hard-hitting questions, no follow-up questions when their narrative was inconsist. Instead, Harry and Meghan were allowed to throw outrageous accusations without facts to back them up. With respect to the alleged comment about the child's skin tone, Oprah had to have viewed every second of that video multiple times, yet she did not pursue any questions about how Meghan and Harry contradicted one another on this point. Meghan stated that the comment was made specifically about Archie while she was pregnant; Harry indicated it was more of a general question very early in their relationship.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in the days ahead as some serious fact-checking occurs. These two have an abysmal track record when it comes to telling the truth-- I believe very little of what they said last night.

by Anonymousreply 239March 9, 2021 12:51 AM

Lady Colin Campbell just said on on YouTube that she herself heard someone in the royal circle saying how HOPEFUL they were that Archie would be of color for the sake of the monarchy and its future. I understand she has written a book on the Royal family and race. I had never heard of it. Forgive me if I got any of this wrong her video was more than an hour. One should watch it.

by Anonymousreply 240March 9, 2021 1:05 AM

R239 if it was discussed with him "several" times that indicates it could have been brought up again after the time he was speaking about when he said "early on".

by Anonymousreply 241March 9, 2021 1:08 AM

How very Imitation of Life this has become.

by Anonymousreply 242March 9, 2021 1:41 AM

[quote] Meghan stated that the comment was made specifically about Archie while she was pregnant; Harry indicated it was more of a general question very early in their relationship.

As R241 stated, it happened more than once. So no, they didn't contradict each other. It's also important to remember that Harry was the one who told Meghan that it was happening when she was discussing when she heard it.

[quote]The Royal Family have to place nice now since Meghan and Harry have the power to reveal who said that to their baby.

And whoever it is, is big. Harry's reaction to possibly revealing who it was spoke volumes.

It's also interesting that no one, not even random sources has denied anything the couple has said. You could get away with saying, they just don't want to touch the rest of it but the race issue would have been quickly addressed if there was no chance it ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 243March 9, 2021 2:28 AM

WINDSOR ROYAL FAMILY EMERGENCY MEETING, 8 Mar 2021:

The Prince of Wales: Now then, we've agreed on a 5£ wager. Name the colour. Who's first.

The Princess Royal: Horseshit Umber! Too many oats!

The Prince of Wales: Something like marrow but with a primrose tint on the cheeks. All four of them. Hm. Ha. HA HA.Ha. Hm.

The Duchess of Cornwall: Whisky. With a wet, nasty, peaty Laphroaig Cairdeas stink to it. Cough.

The Duke of Cambridge: What a tarrble thing to bet on. Tarrble. Put me in for Dusty Rose.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Anne took Horseshit, damn it. Fine. I'll go with Mocha Beige Frappe, no whip.

The Duke of York: I say Teen-Tang Caramel, you know, when you press it down and sqqqqqueeze it and.....

The Earl of Wessex: Yes, thank you, Andrew. I have to, I don't know, let's see. All right. All right. (pause) White.

(groans and boos)

The Countess of Wessex: (shouting) I AGREE with Edward, but let's say we'll interpret "white" in this instance as "raw natural vanilla," wouldn't you say, darling?

The Earl of Wessex: Yes, yes. Of course, Sophs. Good man. Can I add ginger hair, please?

Princess Eugenie rushes in: I brought Mummy's guess! She wants in. And Bea and I will go in with her. She say the correct answer is Black! BLACK BLACK BLACK! Pure Shining Obsidian Nig....

The Prince of Wales aims an organic turnip from his pocket at her head, striking her unconscious. "Senior Royals Only! And the ex already is in with Andy!"

(sounds of general approval)

by Anonymousreply 244March 9, 2021 2:32 AM

[quote] You could get away with saying, they just don't want to touch the rest of it but the race issue would have been quickly addressed if there was no chance it ever happened.

I could not make head nor tails of your syntax here.

by Anonymousreply 245March 9, 2021 2:33 AM

My money is on William. He has a recent history of tasteless comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 9, 2021 2:35 AM

Incredible there’s no press release from the Palace today. The Secretaries are really shitting the bed right now. Incompetents, the lot of them. The Queen should fire the entire staff. The gossip rags don’t have a clue what to do. A bunch of morons running around the UK right now. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 247March 9, 2021 3:23 AM

One thing is clear. If no one mentioned the skin tone of that baby there would be no way in hell any family from the most modest of means to the highest aristocracy that would not shut that down immediately. Especially in the world of Twitter. Maybe they just don't care about the look but I can't image any family wants to be associated with racism in 2021. Much less THE royal family

by Anonymousreply 248March 9, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote]Who asked about the black baby?

My money is on Princess Michael of Kent

[quote]Princess Michael's father was a Nazi party member and an Army officer during the Second World War.

[quote]Prince Michael has never received a parliamentary annuity or an allowance from the Privy Purse. The couple have had the use of a five-bedroom, five-reception grace and favour apartment at Kensington Palace. The Queen had paid the rent for the apartment at a market rate of £120,000 annually from her own private funds...The rent is based on the current rate for commercially rented properties at Kensington Palace, and is recorded in the overall figures for commercial rents in the Grant-in-aid annual report.

Sure - you can rent a 5-bdrm place in Kensington for £10,000 / month. Please. More like £120,000/month, not year.

by Anonymousreply 249March 9, 2021 3:32 AM

As someone said, the subject was definitely discussed within the family and someone drew the short straw to bring it up with Harry. The one closest to him, probably Will.

by Anonymousreply 250March 9, 2021 3:36 AM

I think it's interesting that everyone is talking about skin color. With Meghan's old lady parts, the child could come out autistic. And according to an episode of "The Crown" there is already some development problems in the Queen's genes.

by Anonymousreply 251March 9, 2021 3:38 AM

[quote]Sure - you can rent a 5-bdrm place in Kensington for £10,000 / month. Please. More like £120,000/month, not year.

That 120,000 is only what the Middle Eastern noveau riche cluttering up the neighborhood are willing to pay. It doesn't reflect the true rents. When the Middle Eastern princes stop buying in Kensington, the rents will sink so low everyone will call it Shepherd's Bush Annex.

by Anonymousreply 252March 9, 2021 3:40 AM

He said it was numerous conversations, so who is most likely to feel comfortable enough disclosing that?

Charles or William. William is younger and less likely to care. Why would he be concerned? Probably Charles, with Camilla's shared interest.

But with how protective he was in his reaction, it was probably Will too. All 3.

by Anonymousreply 253March 9, 2021 3:41 AM

LOL! That "grace and favor" apartment for the Kents probably hasn't been updated since Bertie was a bachelor. Infested with mice, roaches, vermin, and leaks, faulty electrical wiring and no air conditioning.

by Anonymousreply 254March 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Look. Harry's own circle of friends, especially the partying/drinking set, were vey insensitive, and Camilla or even Sophie and Edward could have commented or discussed it, but my personal favorites: Andrew and Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 255March 9, 2021 3:48 AM

Charles, William and Harry all decided to have a Boys Night Out. So they put on fake mustaches to disguise their true identity and went to their local pub. Charles and William, not being used to real ale, got a bit tipsy. In their drunken banter, one said, "Will the baby be born in that shack" (referring to Frogmore Cottage). Over the din of some fortysomething bleach blond cow screeching "I Will Always Love You" for karaoke night, Harry heard it as "Will the baby be born black?" It was all a big misunderstanding!

by Anonymousreply 256March 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Fact is I've head those conversations in Black households too, among the older folks. People wondering who a child would favor. They've talked about everything including the kind of hair, the features, the complexion, the possibility a kid would be tall or short or skinny or fat.

I don't doubt they are racist, but I also think Harry and Meghan are too ready to take offense when some of the family shite ought to be ignored or laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 257March 9, 2021 3:55 AM

Man, I wish this were my biggest concern. These people are stupid and need to focus on fixing actual problems. Who cares? Trash.

by Anonymousreply 258March 9, 2021 3:58 AM

Maybe it was Anne o Camilla. Both of them ae into hoses and bloodlines.

How can Meghan claim not to have paid any attention to the Family or to her husband, and yet claim she knew Eugenie before she ever met Harry?

by Anonymousreply 259March 9, 2021 4:00 AM

Charles had to be involved. He could of put a stop to this. Also, he had to be involved in blocking the security detail.

by Anonymousreply 260March 9, 2021 4:01 AM

Frankly, they're lucky to get some less inbred blood into that family...Habsburg Jaw and all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2021 4:03 AM

Charles has been saying stupid things his entire life. And that cow that he ended up with probably just reinforced things. There’s a reason why Queen Elizabeth hasn’t stepped down.

by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2021 4:03 AM

Ingrid Bergman as Greta in Murder on the Orient Express

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2021 4:35 AM

Blanche did when her black mammy came to visit.

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2021 4:55 AM

R194 A young black boy being encouraged to pursue a future as a professional athlete? So original!

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2021 5:02 AM

All families discuss traits the baby will take on, who baby will look like, eyes, nose, tall or short.

by Anonymousreply 266March 9, 2021 5:06 AM

Why did the Harkles only talk in innuendo, not facts? Bringing up rumors and not crediting the perpetrator for the dastardly deed is not all that interesting. I am surprised that Oprah put up with the duo's bullshit. The entire lengthy program was a piece of fluff. Go away, Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 267March 9, 2021 5:15 AM

[quote]Look. Harry's own circle of friends, especially the partying/drinking set, were vey insensitive, and Camilla or even Sophie and Edward could have commented or discussed it, but my personal favorites: Andrew and Fergie.

Meghan seemed to chuckle/be happy when she mentioned Fergie running out to help prepare her for the meeting with the Queen. Doubtful it was her.

[quote]Fact is I've head those conversations in Black households too, among the older folks. People wondering who a child would favor.

Fact is R257, that's [italic]completely[/italic] different and you know it. A black family wouldn't think negatively of a multi or biracial child if the child didn't look like other members. That speculation by older members is simple curiosity.

It also wasn't [italic]just[/italic] the conversations that were had with Harry, it was that they then denied the baby security, refused to give him a title saying they were changing the rules when he was born, and then lied to the press and said Harry and Meghan didn't want one for him. All of that together equates to their being racism present in relation to the questions being asked of Harry. They weren't asking Harry because they were curious, they were asking him because they considered that a problem. Harry and Meghan would know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 268March 9, 2021 6:15 AM

Seems to me that Charles was probably asking so he could plan tabloid damage control if the baby appeared darker than Meghan.

Because in that case, the tabloids would claim that Meghan had an affair with a Black man which would be a disaster.

I tend to think that the context was protecting both Meghan and the family.

by Anonymousreply 269March 9, 2021 6:19 AM

Bernice Clifton

by Anonymousreply 270March 9, 2021 6:19 AM

It actually isn't a bad question if asked properly. They make it sound like it was meant as racism.

It could have just been curiosity as to what a black genes mixed with a redhead's genes would look like.

I mean the closest thing I can think of to a dark skinned redhead is Trump.

by Anonymousreply 271March 9, 2021 6:21 AM

R226 Philip is (was?) a great guy. A few off-colour jokes don't make him a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 272March 9, 2021 7:23 AM

I've heard from a very reliable source that is was Camilla. However, she had been on the piss......

by Anonymousreply 273March 9, 2021 7:36 AM

It was Harry. He asked Meghan if the pigment is strong in her family.

by Anonymousreply 274March 9, 2021 7:37 AM

[quote]They make it sound like it was meant as racism.

It was meant as racism.

And multi-racial babies and biracial babies can have red hair. If that's the closest thing you can think of then you don't get out much.

You can literally run a google search. There are plenty of children and adults out there.

by Anonymousreply 275March 9, 2021 7:40 AM

you don't know how it was meant r275

you don't know the context of how it was said

by Anonymousreply 276March 9, 2021 8:00 AM

^ Perhaps but even if it is not meant to be racist, it comes off as racist.

by Anonymousreply 277March 9, 2021 8:32 AM

[quote]It actually isn't a bad question if asked properly.

There's no need to ask the question at all, for any reason. Parents might bring up what traits their kids are going to get, maybe close relatives, but what happened here -- as has been mentioned at least 100 times already -- is that when he had just STARTED dating Meghan, a relative of his had concerns about how dark their kids might be, were they to have any.

There's no "proper" way to ask that question. Besides, in the context of all the other stuff they were saying to him at the time, including "we won't have any money to pay her," the meaning was clear.

by Anonymousreply 278March 9, 2021 9:02 AM

why wouldn't they provide security? they wanted her and her son to get killed by a crazy. Why would a family want this for them? VILE!

by Anonymousreply 279March 9, 2021 9:53 AM

Meghan really needs to cool down on the drama queen tendencies and stop complaining about Archie not being given the title of 'Prince'. Not all Windsor kids are given the Prince/Princess titles. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex children were not given Prince/Princess titles.

by Anonymousreply 280March 9, 2021 11:08 AM

R280 Nor were Princess Anne's children.

by Anonymousreply 281March 9, 2021 11:14 AM

Hmm can't imagine why Meghan might be sensitive about such questions...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 9, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote]The Royal Family have to place nice now since Meghan and Harry have the power to reveal who said that to their baby. And whoever it is, is big. Harry's reaction to possibly revealing who it was spoke volumes.

The reactions of a borderline or histrionic type are always exaggerated. Harry is a prat, and I can see him running home to pregnant Meghan after yet another knockdown Windsor argument (one of many over many years) carrying on and twisting what might have been said. In turn getting her worked up. As a bi-racial person (and pregnant), of course she'd be upset.

I don't find Harry, his accounts or reactions trustworthy. Much less so after his performance the other night.

[quote]It's also interesting that no one, not even random sources has denied anything the couple has said. You could get away with saying, they just don't want to touch the rest of it but the race issue would have been quickly addressed if there was no chance it ever happened.

It can't be quickly addressed when no one knows who the F said anything, since H&M played so purposefully coy. I'd bet my salary the crisis meetings were them sitting around bewildered asking "who said what? did you say something to Harry. When - was it that time he blew up?". Because with Harry over the years (William too, also a prat - am not leaving him out) there have been so many blowups over multitudes of issues big and small.

With his type of personality (and I know this type) you never know what they'll blow up at, when they'll recall it and how they'll twist and exaggerate it. You can't deal with them normally.

by Anonymousreply 283March 9, 2021 12:27 PM

Help me I"m going to hell but lol at r256.

by Anonymousreply 284March 9, 2021 12:28 PM

[quote]It also wasn't just the conversations that were had with Harry, it was that they then denied the baby security,

Wrong. The baby doesn't get his own security, he is under his parents' security. Which was pulled when they moved away to Canada.

[quote]refused to give him a title saying they were changing the rules when he was born,

Wrong. No refusal of title, he wasn't per protocol supposed to have one and Harry knew this all along. No rules changed, totally false.

[quote]and then lied to the press and said Harry and Meghan didn't want one for him.

No one lied to the press, H&M themselves said they wanted his styled "Master Archie". They told people this in 2018. Harry is long on record, publicly stated that he wouldn't want his children burdened with a title. Not new. Who's lying?

[quote]All of that together equates to their being racism present in relation to the questions being asked of Harry.

No it equates with a spoiled brat and his equally dubious mrs. hysterically twisting the narrative to suit their needs, twisting many facts that are being and will be readily dismantled over the coming weeks.

[quote]They weren't asking Harry because they were curious, they were asking him because they considered that a problem. Harry and Meghan would know the difference.

They wouldn't know the difference if a dog bit them on the ass. They couldn't even get half their timelines or facts straight in their interview. Borderlines don't care about differences or facts. We don't know what anyone said, H&M simply aren't reliable.

by Anonymousreply 285March 9, 2021 12:37 PM

They said they moved away from England to live a more normal life under the radar and that they wanted to give Archie a normal upbringing. They moved to Los Angeles, knowing very well that the paps are lurking in the bushes waiting to take their pictures, they decided to give a hyped interview to Oprah where they complain about their past life as part of the British Monarchy and complain about Archie not getting the royal title of Prince. The interview was all over the place with factless accusations where they played the victim.

What was the point of this interview other than getting people to hype up their names/brand and feel sorry for them?

I can imagine there is a market for them in the USA where people swallow this shit raw.

by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2021 12:56 PM

As a ginger I was hoping for a mocha complected redhead.

by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2021 1:20 PM

Hmm....

It could work....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2021 1:27 PM

Yep...

This could all work out quite nicely....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2021 1:30 PM

There is no context R276. Period. A white person asking about the skin color of a baby coming from a half black mother IS RACIST.

PERIOD.

I don’t get what you idiots don’t get about this. This IS NOT your conversation to have. Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2021 1:32 PM

They don’t live in LA, they live in Montecito R286, a removed and exclusive suburb of Santa Barbara an hour and a half away buried in the mountains on one side and the coast on the other. There’s a reason a lot of celebs live there. It’s hard to get around and the houses are obscured by the topography. I know, my mother lives there.

by Anonymousreply 291March 9, 2021 1:35 PM

[quote]I don’t get what you idiots don’t get about this. This IS NOT your conversation to have. Jesus fucking Christ.

But, people of color are allowed and get a free pass to have such conversations, R290?

by Anonymousreply 292March 9, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote]What was the point of this interview

17 MILLION plus viewers!

by Anonymousreply 293March 9, 2021 1:37 PM

YES R292. Now fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 294March 9, 2021 1:39 PM

Hmm...

What's Piers' problem?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 9, 2021 1:56 PM

[quote]Hmm...

[quote]What's Piers' problem?

Other than he's a complete and utter twat?

Mentally ill + Meth addiction

by Anonymousreply 296March 9, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote] A white person asking about the skin color of a baby coming from a half black mother IS RACIST. PERIOD.

So if Ann Dunham asked her son Barry about the skin color of her grandkid, she’s racist?

by Anonymousreply 297March 9, 2021 2:05 PM

Yeah... Piers is giant asshole. I actively don’t want to be on any side he defends.

by Anonymousreply 298March 9, 2021 2:11 PM

It is impossible to know the truth. Meghan's perception is so skewed by her own victim identity that while I am sure there were unpleasant things that happened, I don't believe her telling of events. She just isn't a trustworthy source of information. As soon as someone says...so and so made me cry, where they don't even take responsibility for their own emotions and actions / reactions - red flags go way up. Everything is twisted and reframed and retold through her own viewpoint. And Harry has so much trauma and anger about his mother and the press that everything for him is filtered through that lens. He also comes across as not very bright and so it seems a lot of nuance and context is missed.

I have no doubt being an American, divorced, biracial woman from a lower class family with dirty laundry was not the ideal of the BRF for Harry's spouse. I am sure that her expectation that everyone would just love her, she would become a darling of the press and society, and that she could just live her life as she wished and make whatever changes to the BRF she felt were necessary created a great deal of distress when reality hit.

by Anonymousreply 299March 9, 2021 2:14 PM

Named DL Klan Posters

Please F & F any posts by the following:

SurvivingAngel

Dex

UKGuy

Zemen-wanbuis

Dutchie

Della

Edvard

Egalandy

BonniePrinceCharlie

brandonjoseph

bobbinaustin55

The poster who calls everyone 'pet'

The poster who writes about narcissism or borderline personality disorder in every post

by Anonymousreply 300March 9, 2021 2:16 PM

An aging actress seduced a childlike, closeted gay man; got a ring and two babies out of him; and now is $et for life.

Divorce announcement to follow.

by Anonymousreply 301March 9, 2021 2:18 PM

I agree with you 100%, R299. To me, this issue (and all of the others) are about Meghan and her perceptions. I'm sure that there have been unpleasant moments in the palace and with some of the Royal Family. But, let's get real here... The girl lives in a place. She had a multi-million dollar wedding. She basically can do whatever she wants. WHAT IS IT THAT SHE WANTS???

Unfortunately, being the next Queen of England isn't an option. So! What does she want?

by Anonymousreply 302March 9, 2021 2:19 PM

Terry's chocolate orange, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 303March 9, 2021 2:25 PM

told you it was charles! he visited a black church today!!

by Anonymousreply 304March 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Who believes Miss Oprah would put up with Haz and Meghan lying and making things up. No way. I do feel like Harry does misinterpret and becomes volatile when communicating with his Dad about some things. Charles lives in a bubble and I can see him wanting to "calm things down" by minimizing Harry's anxieties about the tabloids, and not really appreciating Meghan's suicidal ideation. After all, he had to deal with Diana's hysteria and look how he ignored that. Charles cannot deal with emotional mess. He shuts down. Harry is the opposite. He wallows in it. He needs to stop being so combative and ready to fight, seeing evil and demons and suspicious motives all the time. It is exhausting and he is too full of grievances. Sometimes he ought to just dismiss stuff. It's too easy to push his buttons. I think whether she means to or not, Meghan manipulates that in him.

by Anonymousreply 305March 9, 2021 2:37 PM

How did I not know of Lady C until this week? Priceless entertainment AND enlightenment. Thanks DL. Her description of Hazbean is spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 9, 2021 2:52 PM

Is that right, R304? Was not even on a Sunday. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 307March 9, 2021 2:53 PM

R305. If the interview was as we are told - no questions given ahead of time and no edits allowed, then Oprah has no choice but to put up with whatever is said to her. From my perspective, I don't think Meghan thinks she is outright lying. I think her perspective is just very skewer and inaccurate. She likely believes it though.

by Anonymousreply 308March 9, 2021 2:55 PM

Maybe that's the problem, R305. Both Harry & Meghan spend too much time following the tabloids. They need (or, needed), projects that they are passionate about. Look... I get that the British tabloids are BRUTAL. SO WHAT! Get over it and do the things that you want to do. This girl reminds me a little of Melody, or Melanie... whatever Trump's wife is named. She sat ALL day following her press and working on her scrap books. She accomplished nothing and now it is being reported that she is bitter because of all of the favorable coverage that Jill Biden receives. Well, Jill Biden has a life. She has interests and it seems that she genuinely enjoys meeting people. She's herself and knows herself.

I find it very hard to believe that the Royal Palace would prevent this girl from seeing her friends for lunch and/or working on projects that she loves. This is just another missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned. Imagine what this girl could do for the British fashion industry? The acting profession? On and on... That's why I don't understand what is it exactly that they want except the constantly spotlight BUT in a favorable light and on their terms.

On another note, Oprah couldn't care less about the truth or whatever else. She's about the ratings. CBS paid a pretty penny for this interview. It's being reported that the network paid $8MM. That's a lot of money! By the way, was that Oprah's real hair or was it a wig?

by Anonymousreply 309March 9, 2021 3:03 PM

Charles called Archie that American tar baby, that's what I heard.

by Anonymousreply 310March 9, 2021 3:06 PM

R309, I can tell you one thing I know about being part of the BRF—especially if you’re a working member. Every engagement (yes, even lunch with friends) is vetted. Every project is vetted. It is very highly regimented.

by Anonymousreply 311March 9, 2021 3:10 PM

Meghan was a publicity magnate so she was stalked. So lunch with buddies was out of the question, especially if it's someone famous, and all that she did inside was being fed to the tabloids constantly. Kate is shielded since she has a set of people she hangs out with but we only see them if a scandal hits.

by Anonymousreply 312March 9, 2021 3:26 PM

St. Kate is a stay at home mom who loves to cook and she homeschools he precious beautiful kids. She stands by William, with that plastic smile and she stands out with he fashion. She does not complain, become upset, etc. That is the image: that Kate handles it.

by Anonymousreply 313March 9, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote]I can tell you one thing I know about being part of the BRF—especially if you’re a working member. Every engagement (yes, even lunch with friends) is vetted. Every project is vetted. It is very highly regimented.

No problem about Andrew helping the FBI with their inquiries then.

by Anonymousreply 314March 9, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote]This is just another missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned. Imagine what this girl could do for the British fashion industry? The acting profession?

This is what I don’t understand. She was a Patron of the National Theatre. Why couldn’t she be happy working with them? The BRF let Anne indulge in her passion for horses and even compete in the Olympics. Think of the programs that Meghan could have been involved with at NT. Huge missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 315March 9, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote]It's being reported that the network paid $8MM.

Perhaps you should get your reporting from a better source than, say, Russia Today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316March 9, 2021 3:41 PM

R314, you can be sure that The Firm documented every time Andrew visited Epstein. That’s part of what makes them despicable.

by Anonymousreply 317March 9, 2021 3:42 PM

It was ALL a huge missed opportunity, R315.

I think she came across as so "off" that she limited her options for dumping Hazbean and trading up, as is her pattern. That and her age. The narrative about offing herself whilst preggo was borrowed from Diana, but, fewer will want to invite that kind of crazy into their lives, esp when she is middle aged.

by Anonymousreply 318March 9, 2021 3:43 PM

Hmm... I'm not buying into that, R312 and I'm sure it's difficult and probably a pain in the as at most times, R312. But, why not invite your friends over to the palace (or, wherever they live) for lunch? What will happen? The guards won't let them in? Also, I'm sure that there are plenty of restaurants that would protect any Royal Family member from intruders if it were chosen as a location for lunch. Heck! Michelle Obama lunched all over Washington DC while FLOTUS and no one bothered her. But, here's the difference... she'd allow word to get out about where she was and/or what she ate AFTER her visit and the restaurant would receive a boon of publicity and business.

Do you believe that Mrs. Biden's recent visit to a bakery shop was an accident? Of course not! It was probably something that she wanted to do and therefore told people to make it happen. But, no one publicly knew of such beforehand and the the bakery received a lot of publicity and business once this linked picture was released. These people have got to learn how to use the press to their benefit rather than being a slave to the press.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 9, 2021 3:45 PM

That’s an interesting article at r316. So Meghan and Harry weren’t paid for the interview. But what the article points out is that , financially speaking, the couple proved their ability to Netflix and Spotify that they can pull an audience. I think that was certainly what they intended. Now, whether that carries through to other projects remains to be seen. But it was a pretty smart move financially.

by Anonymousreply 320March 9, 2021 3:47 PM

What palace? They never lived in a palace, and stayed for more than a few months in the Cotswolds doing pretty much whatever they wanted. including extensive travel. Noody took her phone and keys, all lies.

by Anonymousreply 321March 9, 2021 3:50 PM

They even had one of their lawsuits about the Cotswalds house. Their stories never line up. These days, may not matter, R321.

by Anonymousreply 322March 9, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote]By the way, was that Oprah's real hair or was it a wig?

Definitely wig! Team Wig all the way!

by Anonymousreply 323March 9, 2021 3:55 PM

Excuse me, R316? I'm not following your nasty comment. Did you read the article that you linked? Let me help you...

[quote]The Wall Street Journal reported on March 5 that CBS paid between $7 and $9 million for rights to broadcast the interview, during which advertisers had to pay $325,000 for 30 seconds of commercial time during the two-hour interview. The Wall Street Journal reported that money paid by CBS for the two-hour event went directly to Harpo Productions. As part of the agreement, the network "has rights to license the special in international markets." A representative for Harpo Productions recently told E! News that no payment of any kind was made to the couple or their foundation for the interview or for licensing fees.

by Anonymousreply 324March 9, 2021 3:59 PM

This interview was about OPRAH not this RBF shit. She looked STUNNING and angelic! Where's her praises?

by Anonymousreply 325March 9, 2021 3:59 PM

Kate does not homeschool the kids and she was the center of tabloid junk for years before Meghan was on the scene. There were headlines about Commoner Kate and Duchess Do Little. There were always tabloid articles about bitter showdowns between Kate and the BRF over various things related to her kids or what she said or did. Headlines about her family too - Kate's Mom Insults the Queen, and Kate at War. Both Kate and Meghan had both positive and negative headlines in the taboids.

Meghan was photographed in 2014 holding a magazine with Kate's picture on the front and wrote this in 2014 on her blog The Tig "‘Little girls dream of being princesses. I, for one, was all about She-Ra, Princess of Power,’ ‘For those of you unfamiliar with the ’80s cartoon reference, She-Ra is the twin sister of He-Man, and a sword-wielding royal rebel known for her strength. We’re definitely not talking about Cinderella here.’ ‘Grown women seem to retain this childhood fantasy. Just look at the pomp and circumstance surrounding the royal wedding and endless conversation about Princess Kate.’

by Anonymousreply 326March 9, 2021 4:31 PM

There certainly is an element of racism re: Meghan’s treatment by the public and the press, and anyone who says there isn’t is deluding themselves. But r326, you raise an interesting point. Kate was vilified in the media too, so there’s also an elect of misogyny with both of the women. They’re portrayed as scheming, lazy grifters, while the men really do get a pass (and they’re the ones who inherited money, etc without lifting a finger).

by Anonymousreply 327March 9, 2021 4:36 PM

^ ugh, element not elect.

by Anonymousreply 328March 9, 2021 4:38 PM

THE PALACE HAS RESPONDED!!!

by Anonymousreply 329March 9, 2021 4:38 PM

Oprah did look SO stunning R325. Kudos to her for her lifelong Weight Watchers shilling. Those brown boots were to die for.

Don't have a cow R329. Where's the link?

by Anonymousreply 330March 9, 2021 4:40 PM

I agree with r326 that everyone forgets how poorly Kate was treated. She was called “Waity Katey”. It was regularly pointed out that she was a commoner and that her mother had been a flight attendant (they used the term Trolley Dolly). The press was vicious with her.

Along comes Meghan who, as an actress, should be more adept at handling the press. And when her attempts to manipulate them fail, she cries racism and whines that the BRF didn’t do enough to help her.

by Anonymousreply 331March 9, 2021 4:43 PM

The BRF are chastened and aren't going to do a thing, let alone compound the racism by taking their titles while the Pedo of York bounces around unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 332March 9, 2021 4:48 PM

What racism, R332. People are just curious about what color will the negress's pickaninny be. You people are far too sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 333March 9, 2021 4:53 PM

Palace statement is laughable and riddled with incompetence. All staffers need to be fired. Idiots.

They will not be doing anything in “private.” Lol.

by Anonymousreply 334March 9, 2021 5:31 PM

Assuming it even happened. I find Meghan hard to believe. When the bitch lied about never having googled Harry or the BRF I knew she could NOT be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 335March 9, 2021 5:36 PM

HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Piers Morgan FIRED.

by Anonymousreply 336March 9, 2021 5:38 PM

Definitely Charles. He was on a PR tour today visiting black women.

by Anonymousreply 337March 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Meghan is a liar. Straight up. She also said they never gave her any protection. Oprah asked her what she meant by that and she said that “they” were always issuing statements to negate trivial things from within, but never did that for her. Uhh....since when does the BRF go to their Twitter and suss out all the fodder?? She must be thinking of Donald Trump, because I never really saw Kensington issue a bunch of statements about the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 338March 9, 2021 5:41 PM

you don't know that they weren't paid. the networks have ways to pay exclusive interviews. oprah could have paid them in bitcoin or off shore accounts etc. how will you know? anything is possible

considering Harry was whining that his daddy cut him off, he had to use money left to him by mommy etc.

by Anonymousreply 339March 9, 2021 6:01 PM

So when she flew to NYC for her baby shower, there were no security who went with her? Just her by her lonesome?

by Anonymousreply 340March 9, 2021 6:06 PM

Which one of the royal family refers to Meghan as Harry's "babymama"? Or haven't they invented that story yet?

by Anonymousreply 341March 9, 2021 6:10 PM

I highly doubt that IF someone asked about the baby in a familial way that they believed they were saying something wrong. I’m sure if they knew it was frowned upon, they would not have said it. The problem is that the arbiters of what is right and wrong make it up as they go along, so people don’t know what is okay or not.

by Anonymousreply 342March 9, 2021 6:43 PM

They might do like what they did to Diana. Remove the HRH but let her keep the Princess.

by Anonymousreply 343March 9, 2021 7:47 PM

The definitive answer...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 9, 2021 7:58 PM

R343 'They might do like what they did to Diana' Oh fucking dear.

by Anonymousreply 345March 9, 2021 7:58 PM

I always tell my Barron, Black baby is great shame in my country like is Jew baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 9, 2021 11:04 PM

Who cares about the kid’s skin tone? The real issue is whether the poor thing will be stuck with that awful textured hair.

by Anonymousreply 347March 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Better the hair than the dramatic and unstable parents, poor mite. Shame he will be cut off from cousins, William and once upon a time, Harry, seemed close with family. Same for George and Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 348March 9, 2021 11:41 PM

'Who cares about the kid’s skin tone? The real issue is whether the poor thing will be stuck with that awful textured hair.'

Endless revolting racism from your Klan cunts. You do realise that the police can trace your IP and your home address from your posts here, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 349March 9, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote]I'm sick to death of ignorant fucking morons who pretend they know what they are talking about. In case you haven't been paying attention, that's why the world is in the state it's currently in, so I stand by my response to you being an asshole.

R41 et al., I posted links to sites explaining genetics and also explained that the "well she doesn't look black, therefore Archie won't look black either" statement isn't necessarily true.

You went on at length with a completely invented story about how it was probably a joke that Harry just told badly.

And you're screaming at ME for being ignorant and making shit up? You're basically blaming ME for Trump? You don't understand the difference between stupid shit floating around in your head and reality. You type like a low-IQ conspiracist and your immediate reaction to start screaming epithets at someone who dares mention science and facts makes you look like you've got some serious, serious problems.

I just cannot get over how angry, entitled, stupid, and ridiculous you anti-Meghan trolls are. It's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 350March 10, 2021 1:37 AM

[quote]There is no context [R276]. Period. A white person asking about the skin color of a baby coming from a half black mother IS RACIST.

[quote]I don’t get what you idiots don’t get about this. This IS NOT your conversation to have. Jesus fucking Christ.

Yes it is our conversation if we DON'T BELIEVE THAT WAS EVER ASKED. We can debate if the public figure involved is a liar and if they've exhibited those tendencies. Stop staunching real discussion here.

by Anonymousreply 351March 10, 2021 1:53 AM

Absolutely Gemini Philip. History repeats. Sure it hurts but when you realize his mom was schizophrenic, then became a nun..so wacky. He grew up alone so not sophisticated in nuances.many gaffes over the years. Racist comments

You know Prince Charles ain't the one Ass kissing indigenous folks from Canada to Australia. Spoiled as he may be, this guy is a pure soul & probably cringes o/his father's racist ways. But didn't we all have a parent or grandparent (no matter race) spouting off these old fashioned things?

Thank God for DNA testing because we all got lots of surprises. Daunting at first but then you realize why you were so cool even as a child. Deep down, ya knew

In the future, not more than 100 years, they're all gonna laugh at us

Going through a tumultuous time but Americans wrote the book so long ago..why you should walk w/your head held high

~Land of free, brave & way better looking

by Anonymousreply 352March 10, 2021 3:09 AM

No R351. Shut the fuck out Klan Granny. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 353March 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Glad to be of service r353. We all know you snowflake types can't handle any kind of conversation or debate.

by Anonymousreply 354March 10, 2021 3:45 AM

Honestly, I really don’t get why that was a racist comment. Let’s be real, most families would discuss that, both black and white. It was a running joke on The Jeffersons. Even on the dumb Kardashians, Scott and Kim had the discussion about what her firs kid’s color might be. H+M are definitely blowing it out of proportion for sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 355March 10, 2021 3:55 AM

Who cares about racism?

Um...racists do.

by Anonymousreply 356March 10, 2021 3:59 AM

Racists as in 1) those who dislike or discriminate based on race, or 2) those who obsessively ruminate about it day and night and have it inform everything they think of or speak about. Because the latter is currently quickly joining the former in the broad definition.

by Anonymousreply 357March 10, 2021 4:24 AM

[quote]Honestly, I really don’t get why that was a racist comment.

Black people are telling you that it's racist but you don't believe them?

[quote]Let’s be real, most families would discuss that, both black and white.

No, they wouldn't.

[quote]It was a running joke on The Jeffersons.

They were black and that was a TV show.

[quote]Even on the dumb Kardashians, Scott and Kim had the discussion about what her firs kid’s color might be.

She was the mother engaged in the conversation about HER CHILD. She's also not white.

[quote]H+M are definitely blowing it out of proportion for sympathy.

No, they're not. The reason why people are having the reaction they are to this is because it's a problem but you've already decided that YOU know better and every person of color annoyed with the question is wrong.

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 358March 10, 2021 4:36 AM

R335, TV shows!

You see how sick he is e everyone? And cheapishly low-rent . No beach, no park, no hockey when your mom is a crack ho

Absentee dad doing prison stint

Get outta here!

~Suzy

by Anonymousreply 359March 10, 2021 4:40 AM

I think it’s a valid question? It’s not racists to wonder what the baby’s colour will be or the colour of a baby hair, eyes etc. I think it was taken out of context

by Anonymousreply 360March 10, 2021 4:49 AM

r358 all of your responses are essentially correct imo. Racially charged comments by non-POC to POC, even if done in what one feels is a joking manner, aren't acceptable. If (a fair qualifier imo, based on the individuals in this case) these comments were actually made, there is specific work and learning to be done by the person who made them no matter their status.

[quote]No, they're not. The reason why people are having the reaction they are to this is because it's a problem but you've already decided that YOU know better and every person of color annoyed with the question is wrong.

POC would have every right to feel annoyed or feel any emotion as is their wont. They shouldn't be asked to qualify their feelings on the substance of the (supposedly-made) comments.

I do disagree however, that people can't opine as to the complex motives of those bringing the alleged statements forward in a very public manner, and the details surrounding manner in which they are exposing them.

by Anonymousreply 361March 10, 2021 4:56 AM

It was George.

by Anonymousreply 362March 10, 2021 4:58 AM

Charles.

by Anonymousreply 363March 10, 2021 5:01 AM

R358, who the hell cares if POC have a problem with it. It was a private family conversation and said to Harry, not Meghan. Nazi uniform wearing Harry who called his comrade a Paki has no room to talk. He is a little shit who sold his family out. This all sounds like bull anyway.

by Anonymousreply 364March 10, 2021 5:26 AM

Maybe it was something as stupid as a comment on if the kid had darker coloring with Harry's hair.

by Anonymousreply 365March 10, 2021 5:26 AM

People like R358, who've been through the training and accepted White Fragility as dictum, are tiresome.

I think we should replace "racist" with "offensive"--then any black person who finds something offensive is talking about their own feelings. Speculating about a baby's skin color isn't necessarily racist unless we accept a new definition of the word.

As to the argument "a black person thinks something is racist and thus it is so": I suspect any black person who said they didn't think it was racist would be called an Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 366March 10, 2021 5:51 AM

[quote]who've been through the training and accepted White Fragility as dictum, are tiresome.

God you are stupid, Muriel.

[quote]who the hell cares if POC have a problem with it.

People who aren't racists? And again Klan Granny, I know it's hard for you to fathom in your world but there are families that have discussions involving multiracial children that have ZERO to do with their skin color.

And you bringing up old ass things that Harry did, over and over and over again in defense of what someone did NOW is stupid. Extremely and utterly stupid. What he did was wrong, what they did was wrong. That doesn't suddenly make it right and the difference is Harry obviously got over whatever issues he had by going out into the world enough to let someone new inside of it. He has grown up.

You on the other hand ...

by Anonymousreply 367March 10, 2021 6:26 AM

Meghan will never go back to the UK after this. When Harry goes back to visit, nobody is going to speak with him unless there are other witnesses present.

by Anonymousreply 368March 10, 2021 6:50 AM

[quote]R360 I think it’s a valid question? It’s not racists to wonder what the baby’s colour will be or the colour of a baby hair, eyes etc. I think it was taken out of context

Harry said he was shocked. That implies this was more than just an innocent comment.

by Anonymousreply 369March 10, 2021 7:48 AM

Here's a random suggestion, Zara Tindall and Princess Anne. Daughter is a dumb jock, Mother is an icicle and they would both find it hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 370March 10, 2021 8:16 AM

[quote]He has grown up.

The amount of kool-aid being drunk after this interview is astounding. "Grown up" is the last thing he's done.

If (emphasis there) these alleged conversations happened in the way suggested, I also find Zara a likely candidate.

by Anonymousreply 371March 10, 2021 11:55 AM

It all depends if the question was curiosity or concern.

Curiosity about how a child will look / what side of the family they will take after / the tone of their skin etc = not racist

Concern about how the child will look / what colour they will be / and any judgment of that colour = racist

by Anonymousreply 372March 10, 2021 1:58 PM

Are you white R372? I guarantee you are. You don’t get to decide what a black person considers racist or not racist, so keep your whitesplaining to yourself. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 373March 10, 2021 9:57 PM

[quote] That "grace and favor" apartment for the Kents probably hasn't been updated since Bertie was a bachelor. Infested with mice, roaches, vermin, and leaks, faulty electrical wiring and no air conditioning.

How do you know that for a fact?

by Anonymousreply 374March 10, 2021 9:58 PM

The Tindalls are not part of "The Royal Family." Zara is indeed Anne's daughter, but neither she nor her brother Peter Phillips (nor his children) are royal. They would absolutely not have been the ones Meghan and Harry were referring to--they were talking about someone who is part of the institution.

And since they've been careful to say it was not the Queen or Philip, and Edward's children are not adults, that means it's one of the following: Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Andrew, Beatrice, Eugenie, Edward, Sophie, Anne.

I doubt very much it was Sophie, Beatrice, or Eugenie. They're not even really considered senior royals.

by Anonymousreply 375March 10, 2021 10:03 PM

Who asked about the black baby? All of us asked.

by Anonymousreply 376March 10, 2021 10:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 10, 2021 10:06 PM

William did.

by Anonymousreply 378March 10, 2021 10:17 PM

Meghan has not "won." The Queen is playing for optics. See where we are in a year. Diana 2.0 is likely.

by Anonymousreply 379March 10, 2021 10:24 PM

R373 Racism has a definition. It isn't an individually determined construct. Just because someone decides that something is racist or discriminatory doesn't make it racist or discriminatory.

I might say I don't like you and you might decide I am racist. That actually doesn't make me racist. Maybe I don't like you for any one of a thousand reasons that have nothing to do with race. Just because your personal perspective is one that filters everything through the lens of racism doesn't make it racist.

And I actually took that statement / quote about curiosity or concern from a black poster on another forum.

by Anonymousreply 380March 10, 2021 10:46 PM

Meghan didn't win anything. She will become irrelevant as time and age catch up with her. The Monarchy will endure.

by Anonymousreply 381March 10, 2021 11:06 PM

What baby? I don't know what you are talking about?

by Anonymousreply 382March 10, 2021 11:08 PM

Blah blah blah R380. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 383March 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Oh honey, Meghan won the PR war a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 384March 10, 2021 11:16 PM

In ten years, when Meghan and Harry are less attractive, when the deals with Spotify and Netflix and the like have dried up, they'll turn into the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, wandering around trying to get attention, recognition, and money, and it will be pitiful. And William and Kate will be King and Queen of the United Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 385March 10, 2021 11:20 PM

If the Queen doesn’t rip Meghan a new asshole and leave her crying in a fetal position, then what’s the point of having a monarch? Pray that the Queen has the stamina to deservedly give Meghan the mother of all shreddings for lying about the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 386March 10, 2021 11:24 PM

On the security issue I think it was petty and ugly of them. Harry is a Prince of the Blood. Direct line of succession. Son of the soon to be King, brother of the future King. He was very high profile before Meghan. If he were just some random guy, no one would know who he is. But he is not. He is high profile. Public figure. He went to war. He was a real live, honest to god soldier fighting in a hot war in Afghanistan. He will never not need security. And his family will never not need security. Shame on them.

Here's where I do criticize Meghan. No way she didn't know who Harry was or know about the Family, Diana, etc. in at least the broad stokes. She admitted she knew Eugenie before she ever met Harry. I'm not buying that.

BTW : It could have been Anne or Edward. Because Harry and Meghan made it clear that if it were revealed it would be damaging. They need both Anne and Edward. I may have been Camilla. But if it had been Andrew, gurl, he is already damaged goods who gives a fuck, right? Except his Mama.

by Anonymousreply 387March 10, 2021 11:31 PM

Charles

by Anonymousreply 388March 10, 2021 11:34 PM

R387

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 10, 2021 11:43 PM

R387. Expecting Charles to pay their security out of pocket since he couldn't use business revenue as they were no longer official working royals is a pretty extreme expectation. Security can run in the millions, especially as Meghan expects all 3 of them and soon to be 4 to have their own security teams. They made the decision to leave and even published a document about their choice and path to financial independence. Their father had already given them millions out of pocket. They chose to step away - it isn't his father's responsibility to fund that decision at his own expense.

by Anonymousreply 390March 10, 2021 11:49 PM

I've posted this before, but in LA and NY you see world-famous, A-List celebrities out and about by themselves all the time and nobody bothers them.

by Anonymousreply 391March 10, 2021 11:57 PM

Harry's had a bounty on his head from the moment he went to Afghanistan. He's not the usual famous celebrity no matter how much his wife or Oprah thinks he is. Whether or not he's a working royal or simply a Prince of the realm, he should have protection. Some of it personal, some of it from long distance intel monitoring.

by Anonymousreply 392March 11, 2021 12:07 AM

r387 I cannot see it being Princess Anne .I would be seriously shocked.i dont think she is the type and if she were the type to have that attitude she is too savvy to say it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 393March 11, 2021 12:15 AM

The RF had every right to deny them security if they weren't going to be living in the UK anymore. The UK taxpayers would've been in a frenzy. The Canadian taxpayers were concerned about the Canadian govt. funding security.

by Anonymousreply 394March 11, 2021 12:19 AM

When living at Windsor or Kensington Palace, and as working royals, they had security provided. When they chose not to fulfill those job duties and to move to another country, taxpayers in the UK were no longer responsible for their security. When in Canada and still while working royals, security was again provided. Meg sent them for groceries and on coffee runs. When they were no longer working royals, they no longer had a job that provided them free security. They can have all the security they want, like Kanye they have to pay for it, having left jobs where it was a perk.

by Anonymousreply 395March 11, 2021 12:28 AM

Charles has already given them millions, full-time security for three people costs another fortune and Charles isn't fabulously wealthy. He's rich, of course, but he doesn't have the money to fund his own lifestyle plus an A++ List West Coast lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 396March 11, 2021 12:34 AM

If Meghan wants to return to acting, and Reese decides to do another season of Big Little Lies, Meghan would be a perfect fit for that show.

by Anonymousreply 397March 11, 2021 12:35 AM

I only asked about the leetle BROWN babies, vheech I learn about back home, in Minne-OPP-o-loos.

by Anonymousreply 398March 11, 2021 12:53 AM

You really have to hand it to Meghan Markle. She finally got the life she always wanted, the life she always felt entitled to, and she got it just in the nick of time. Her sell-by date was fast approaching.

by Anonymousreply 399March 11, 2021 2:14 AM

I totally give credit to Miss Markle. One of the all-time greats.

by Anonymousreply 400March 11, 2021 2:26 AM

R386 They can’t right now because she’s pregnant and the situation is just too volatile. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 401March 11, 2021 2:31 AM

You’re so cute that you think there will be a King in fifteen years R385. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 402March 11, 2021 3:38 AM

R399 R400 Agree 100%. She knew exactly what she wanted and went out and GOT IT. All on her terms. Now she’s putting the finishing touches on her wealthy California A-list celebrity lifestyle, the icing on the cake. She’s being embraced as a brave girl, coming forward about her struggles with RACISM! and mental health trials. It’s all so 2021. She’s the GOAT.

by Anonymousreply 403March 11, 2021 3:39 AM

Everyone knows it was Charles. It was not some obscure royal like Anne or one of the d list. It was Charles.

by Anonymousreply 404March 11, 2021 3:41 AM

We'll see if Meghan's A List lifestyle continues. She has to produce some kind of work that is successful, and she has to maintain that success.

by Anonymousreply 405March 11, 2021 3:50 AM

R405 Of course it will continue. She’s next-door neighbors with Oprah. She’ll be flying around on George Clooney’s private jet and hobnobbing with her fellow jet-setters forever. She’s the darling of the liberal elite. They’re the wokest couple ever. And she’s only just begun.

by Anonymousreply 406March 11, 2021 3:57 AM

I think it was Charles and Camilla.

I’d like to think that because William is younger, he wouldn’t stoop that low. Kate’s a wild card in this - but has so little personality I can’t see her saying much beyond Yes and No.

by Anonymousreply 407March 11, 2021 4:05 AM

My speculation is Camilla definitely brought it up with Charles. No doubt about it. She was mocking Meghan's clutched belly. Giving Kate the side eye, incredulous looks like can you believe this pastor? at Meghan's wedding. At the balcony when Harry told Meghan to turn around, Camilla was pointing out how Meghan wasn't ready to Charles. She also laughed at Inuit singing more while Charles was trying to keep straight.

Camilla would have loved to keep Meghan as the whipping boy so she never has to be told she's inferior to Diana. She's uncouth and elitist. She no doubt brought it up to Charles and he felt emboldened to discuss it with Harry. Probably behind the scenes was making fun of her family, everything about her. She seems that way

by Anonymousreply 408March 11, 2021 4:34 AM

That’s my black child!

by Anonymousreply 409March 11, 2021 4:38 AM

Despite all the severe criticism that Meghan richly has earned and the extreme control she has over Harry, he needs to be castigated too, for telling the story to Meghan. Why kind of husband would tell his supposedly fragile wife such a thing that he should have known would push her over the edge? What kind of man would betray the confidence of a family member? He’s almost as bad as she is.

by Anonymousreply 410March 11, 2021 4:56 AM

r406 for a period of time yes but not forever or anything approaching it. Hollywood and showbiz can be very fickle and transient even with the darlings of the liberal elite.

by Anonymousreply 411March 11, 2021 5:06 AM

I don’t think this marriage will last. Harry is due for a midlife crises in a few years. I think that’ll be a whole other drama. Right now they’re bonded by their crucification of his family, once that goes, I see them falling apart. I see interest waning in them also. There is nothing interesting about them except the royal family. How much can they bang on about that?

As far as BRF, I think William should just ascend to the throne bypassing Charles. William is young and a better face for the family. While I do think the institution is archaic and can’t believe the British tax payer foots the bill for them, the Queen is an amazing stateswoman, especially for 94 years old.

by Anonymousreply 412March 11, 2021 5:40 AM

r412 What do you think happens to Meghans social standing or celebrity kudos long term if they divorce? Irrelevance on the whole by her fifties?

by Anonymousreply 413March 11, 2021 5:47 AM

I’m guessing it wasn’t even anybody in Harry’s immediate family. Probably some random cousin. They are just playing it up to further destroy the BRF’s image. Harry and Meghan are probably bigger assholes than the people they mean to smear. Why mention the racism if they weren’t prepared to name names? Either way the damage is done.

by Anonymousreply 414March 11, 2021 6:20 AM

Archie looks like Megan’s father

by Anonymousreply 415March 11, 2021 7:08 AM

My suspicion is that the remark was innocent (“ooh, I wonder what shade the baby will be!”), but Meghan twisted it into a racist remark, because she knew she wanted to get away from the Royal Family no matter what and she needed excuses.

by Anonymousreply 416March 11, 2021 7:31 AM

I hope their baby girl is as black as night and named Zulu Diana.

by Anonymousreply 417March 11, 2021 7:35 AM

I suspect it was Charles, and Harry didn’t want to say because it’s too explosive for a future king to be associated with a potentially racist statement. William has spent enough time in Africa and enough time working with mental health, it’s not something his generation would be comfortable saying unlike Charles.

by Anonymousreply 418March 11, 2021 8:14 AM

It’s normal for family members to speculate about the looks (hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, facial features, etc.) of an unborn baby.

by Anonymousreply 419March 11, 2021 8:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420March 11, 2021 11:25 AM

What's he meant to do r420, if he's asked if his family is racist? Ignore the question? That would really be wise, not.

by Anonymousreply 421March 11, 2021 11:32 AM

R418, Charles was delighted to walk Meghan down the aisle to marry his son. I doubt he particularly cared about what colour their kids would be.

by Anonymousreply 422March 11, 2021 11:34 AM

R420, yikes very bad PR mistake! He is a cancer so his emotions must have overtook him. Not good at all he should have stayed silent and let actions speak louder than words.

by Anonymousreply 423March 11, 2021 11:45 AM

Didn't sound emotional to me.

by Anonymousreply 424March 11, 2021 11:49 AM

Sounded angry to me.

by Anonymousreply 425March 11, 2021 11:54 AM

Unfortunately Prince Charles handled it better William made it worse.

by Anonymousreply 426March 11, 2021 12:10 PM

I told you this was NEVER going to be handled “privately”. The Palace may wish it had the kind of power to handle this level of story but they absolutely do not in any way shape or form.

The fall out from this is enormous. The royal family is fighting for their lives and it’s not at all clear the institution will survive.

by Anonymousreply 427March 11, 2021 12:12 PM

This what meghan wanted in a reaction and she got it with Prince William. He should have said this is a private matter that we will deal with as a family but he is just so angry that he is not thinking straight. The Royal family is done.

by Anonymousreply 428March 11, 2021 12:21 PM

Yep R428.

by Anonymousreply 429March 11, 2021 12:39 PM

What’s wrong with what William said?

by Anonymousreply 430March 11, 2021 12:43 PM

The BRF isn’t done. They will be standing long after Harry and Meghan divorce and that narcissistic bitch sells her story to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 431March 11, 2021 12:51 PM

I'm SO bored with it all.

None of these people are interesting or attractive on any level.

She seems wicked and aggressive and he's weak and insipid.

She should have shut up and got on with her new life, but she's a nasty bitch so she needs to persuade people of the opposite by being the victim.

by Anonymousreply 432March 11, 2021 1:04 PM

It was Kate, and according to how BP handles such potential PR disasters, that story about her being bullied in middle school was likely preemptive bs to counter the fact that she was a "MEAN GIRL."

by Anonymousreply 433March 11, 2021 1:04 PM

Mummy, what's a picaninny? Gran keeps saying it.

by Anonymousreply 434March 11, 2021 2:02 PM

All of them parading around with black people this week is actually seeming a bit forced. I am not sure what William should have said but how it happened sounded akward. Perhaps a softball from a friendly reporter with a practiced no double neg statement would have come across better. The lines are so blurry, they are a family but also a family biz that reps a country. Megs both wants the perks of it - titles and money, even now openly blackmailing for them - and to destroy it. William rightly saw her as a threat on both levels, think it will just have to play out. She will find it harder to dump Harry and move on after that interview, most successful men are too smart to get involved with someone like her.

by Anonymousreply 435March 11, 2021 4:09 PM

LOL. They ARE laying the black association thing on a bit thick. I guess we can expect a photo op soon showing Camilla having her hair "did."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436March 11, 2021 4:21 PM

Dumb ass Harry, the flashlight with no batteries, initiated the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 437March 11, 2021 4:27 PM

Now THAT would not surprise me at all, R437.

by Anonymousreply 438March 11, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]The fall out from this is enormous. The royal family is fighting for their lives and it’s not at all clear the institution will survive.

Mary!

The polls on them in the UK haven't budged one bit this week. They'll be here until the End Times at this point.

by Anonymousreply 439March 11, 2021 5:26 PM

If anything, crazy accusations from an American and the swastika prince should eventually push the numbers supporting the BRF higher.

by Anonymousreply 440March 11, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote] Why kind of husband would tell his supposedly fragile wife such a thing that he should have known would push her over the edge? What kind of man would betray the confidence of a family member? He’s almost as bad as she is.

What kind indeed. What kind of husband doesn't sit down with his new wife, who's newly married him and newly joined his massive family business as a senior leader, and NOT TELL HER HOW THE JOB IS DONE.

Not tell her about: security and who gets it and decides who gets it; titles and how given; how to work with the staff; how to sing the National Anthem (hint: Grandma's name is in there!); how to generally conduct oneself at their public event and, most importantly, how and when to know when to speak about your personal thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

He was born and raised in this firm, was in the thick of it for 36 years. If his wife was confused or needing guidance, HE IS THE MAIN recipient of blame here. Oprah, was she conducting a serious interview, would have followed up on this.

by Anonymousreply 441March 11, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote]LOL. They ARE laying the black association thing on a bit thick. I guess we can expect a photo op soon showing Camilla having her hair "did."

She's already switched to Newports.

by Anonymousreply 442March 11, 2021 5:45 PM

Sing-a-long

Oh dear, what can I do?

Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue

Tell me, oh what can I do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443March 11, 2021 5:52 PM

R442 any engagement the Royal family nis doing this week would have been planned and on the calendar well before the interview aired.

by Anonymousreply 444March 11, 2021 6:14 PM

Of course, R444, but coincidentally I am sure, any black staff or participants at each event are prominently next to the principals. I do not remember that being such a striking motif previously.

by Anonymousreply 445March 11, 2021 6:21 PM

I think people are just being more sensitive to it now, r445. If you look back to their engagements in 2019, you'd see it wasn't unusual. Hell, Charles even went to India in 2019 and the only thing people paid attention to were his swollen feet and hands.

by Anonymousreply 446March 11, 2021 6:30 PM

I remember thhat thread, R446, could not have been too serious, as he's still here!

by Anonymousreply 447March 11, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote]What kind of husband doesn't sit down with his new wife...and NOT TELL HER HOW THE JOB IS DONE.

One who isn't over-bright, takes so much of it for granted while sensing strongly it's archaically stifling, and who moreover comes from a tradition of over-privilege and stunted under-communication. And that's not the half of it.

by Anonymousreply 448March 11, 2021 6:43 PM

I'm glad Meghan did this.

Fuck smug William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449March 11, 2021 6:49 PM

Hardly Will he’s far too *subtle*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450March 11, 2021 6:53 PM

Yeah that stuff getting carried by black just doesn't look right. I'm sure they do it to all their honored guests or whoever's celebration but you know.

by Anonymousreply 451March 11, 2021 6:55 PM

Hardly the Queen also - she’s never done anything of the sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452March 11, 2021 6:58 PM

Tbf, that was before the Nazis were doing the yellow star stuff.

Right?

by Anonymousreply 453March 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Dear oh dear, if that image @ R450 gets more play, the crisis meetings at The Palace have barely begun. An admired elegant 61-word response won't quite do. This is set to run and run.

by Anonymousreply 454March 11, 2021 7:02 PM

R453 it was just after Hitler became the leader, so I suppose an endorsement of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 455March 11, 2021 7:03 PM

R454 Kate too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 11, 2021 7:05 PM

Maybe it was Earl Spencer. All Harry said was "a member of my family." He didn't say the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 457March 11, 2021 7:06 PM

Megs a liar

by Anonymousreply 458March 11, 2021 7:07 PM

The whole family are a pack of liars. Charles lied to Diana, the queen lied about her wealth to the UK public, will lied to Kate by having the affair, Fergie was selling meetings to businesspeople, Andrew lied about his relationship with Epstein, these people are crooks.

Maybe they should be replaced? Either get rid of the institution or replace them to save it? They’re not fit for purpose, it’s sooooo messy.

by Anonymousreply 459March 11, 2021 7:12 PM

have we decided yet who Harry's father was?

by Anonymousreply 460March 11, 2021 7:16 PM

I think William is the guilty party.

by Anonymousreply 461March 11, 2021 7:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 11, 2021 7:18 PM

R462 yes I agree - fits in with the pattern of the family culture he was raised into.

by Anonymousreply 463March 11, 2021 7:20 PM

There's a pic somewhere of poor young Philip marching with Mountbatten and a horde of Nazis at a funeral in Germany in the 30s. Haze also called his army chum a "Paki".

by Anonymousreply 464March 11, 2021 7:23 PM

Harry got the beady, close set eyes from the Montbattens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465March 11, 2021 7:24 PM

R456 That’s a tough one. If you are their handler on the tour, do you try to stop them from doing that? Or would that be insulting to the hosts? I suppose a little research in advance could have prevented the unfortunate optics.

by Anonymousreply 466March 11, 2021 7:24 PM

By the time Smegs leaves him Harry will be bald with a little peach fuzz. He was cute in his youth but those family genes have kicked in.

by Anonymousreply 467March 11, 2021 7:36 PM

R466 I think the issue is that, regardless of the event and how it was curated being racist, when would you ever see the reverse? The structure of racism is so strongly defined in how the UK deals with its colonies and former colonies that these racist occasions occur in a natural and unforced way, it’s normal order. It probably would have been rude for William and Kate to refuse, but this type of ceremony just would never happen unless a racist hierarchy was in place. Try find an image of something like this in reverse. You can’t! And there he is on top in his sunglasses and a tie, he doesn’t give a flying fuck. The image is undeniably racist and representative of a racist hierarchy. Whether William or Kate were rude to those that carried them I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 468March 11, 2021 7:37 PM

I heard the commentary from Thomas Markle, Meghan's Dad. He said that it was probably a dumb remark and not meant to be racist. I agree with him. Most people are not racist. They may make racially insensitive remarks, but those remarks are usually made out of ignorance and stupidity, not hatred.

It's unbelievable that this interview is still the top story on the BBC, let alone American network channels or Cable News. China is eviscerating the last vestiges of democracy in Hong Kong. People are being killed in Myanmar for democracy. Alexei Navalny is in prison for standing up to Putin. The George Floyd murder trial is beginning. And we're talking about these self-indulgent nonentities?

And as for Oprah Winfrey...she made several million dollars for this puff piece. Why does she not use her considerable talent and interview the Floyd, Arvery, Taylor, or Prude families and ask them about the racism that killed their family members? That type of interview would do more good for all.

by Anonymousreply 469March 11, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote]I suppose a little research in advance could have prevented the unfortunate optics.

Evidently in 2012 no-one in The Palace considered these to be unfortunate optics, and still would not if Meghan hadn't spoken publicly to Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 470March 11, 2021 7:39 PM

[quote] Why does she not use her considerable talent and interview the Floyd, Arvery, Taylor, or Prude families and ask them about the racism that killed their family members? That type of interview would do more good for all.

Too much like hard work. She got $8m for an easy ride with the Harkles; why should she do the gritty stuff and get paid less?

by Anonymousreply 471March 11, 2021 7:45 PM

Oprah reps WW and her ass is even bigger, so I agree r471

by Anonymousreply 472March 11, 2021 7:48 PM

R470 who if anyone protested at the time?

by Anonymousreply 473March 11, 2021 7:56 PM

I hope we can rule out DL favorite Prince GEORGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 11, 2021 8:45 PM

Harry is using Meghan as much as she is using him. He took a page from his great-great Uncle David's scheme. David used Wallis as his escape vehicle from the throne - he NEVER wanted to be King, and there are plenty of writings in his own hand to support that fact. Likewise, Harry does not want to do the Royal thing, and he hasn't for the longest time. Using his own word - he is not "TRAPPED" any more. He's using all this to get out and way from the family. They will NEVER return to Royal life, because they (he) have already achieved their goal. Now? They need to get PAID!

by Anonymousreply 475March 11, 2021 9:00 PM

It was probably William. He has a bug up his butt that he’s better than everyone else, and nothing breeds contempt like familiarity. He probably thought, I’m just going to ask, why not? It’s not like anyone’s ever going to know or anything. Most other people wouldn’t want to risk ticking off Harry like that.

About all the posters that think Harry is a racist, Harry is a thoughtless rich person who probably never had anything to do with people of color until he was in the Army. He’s probably like Republicans in Congress, no problem exists until it happens to my family personally. Then it’s the biggest shock ever and so, so horrible. So he got exposed to what a group of people he’s never had anything to do with have experienced, and since they’re now his family, now it’s a problem. That’s different than some random soldier you don’t care anything about.

What’s interesting to me is apparently neither one of these men was raised to be personally empathetic, despite whatever they say in interviews. Whatever empathy they learned, they seem to have learned later in life.

by Anonymousreply 476March 11, 2021 9:09 PM

R472 WW? Oh that's right, we're not meant to say Weight Watchers anymore. That Orca represents WW is about as absurd as some of the lies Megh told in the interview, before it and after it. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 477March 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Orca is ovah.

by Anonymousreply 478March 12, 2021 12:03 AM

R476 There was a video of a teenage William and Harry with Charles. William got a bit excited and patted his dad on the back. Charles flinched like alright son settle down. I think Jon Stewart made fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 479March 12, 2021 12:03 AM

[QUOTE] There's a pic somewhere of poor young Philip marching with Mountbatten and a horde of Nazis at a funeral in Germany in the 30s.

Yes, Philip’s sisters all married deposed German princes because no princes from the reigning Houses would have them. These Germans all looked to National Socialism as a solution to possibly getting their princely or grand ducal thrones and prestige back. One sister died and since her husband was a well-connected Nazi, she got a full Nazi funeral and it was well represented by Nazi leadership. Philip himself wasn’t a Nazi of course, as he was going to school in The UK by that point. But it’s a damning photo, and the scene was depicted in “The Crown” pretty dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 480March 12, 2021 10:26 AM

R292 - yes they are. The same way we get to use the f word and complain about gay men because we ARE gay men. Now if heterosexuals did that, it's different.

by Anonymousreply 481March 12, 2021 10:30 AM

It would seem 16 year-old Philip had to choose between attending his sister's funeral in a foreign country (with that country's ruling Nazi party fully on show) or not attending his sister's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 482March 12, 2021 11:37 AM

I just know it was that little conniving Charlotte that asked the question. She makes Princess Margaret and Princess Michael look like pathetic beginners when it comes to biting comments and plotting revenge.

by Anonymousreply 483March 12, 2021 11:46 AM

[quote] Most people are not racist.

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHSHAHHSHAJFSJKCKAPOSJSJ111

You’ve always said stupid shit on this site, but this is BY FAR the stupidest thing you’ve ever said.

Congratulations!

by Anonymousreply 484March 12, 2021 12:30 PM

R484, thanks for commenting on that post. I was going to, but yours is better!

by Anonymousreply 485March 12, 2021 1:11 PM

I wonder if it is a reference to something Harry himself said to his wife, it is not an uncommon convo in mixed families/couples. It would explain his startled look. He did not seem as gleefully all in on the trashing of his family, yet, in practice, is. Thought Harry spoke of being in therapy for years, including during the time of MeAgain's suicidal ideation - was Apple or one of those corp events. Was covered in the press. Their timelines do not match up at all.

by Anonymousreply 486March 12, 2021 1:55 PM

Archie would never be given the title 'Prince' because his father Prince Harry is not the future King of England. Also, Archie is like number 'nevermind' in line to the British crown so of course, he wouldn't be given the Prince title. Harry and Meghan know this and Meghan also knows that she can sell this BS to the people of the US as they don't understand how Royal titles work. The whole interview was a perfect study on how to manipulate a whole nation and victim mentality. The point of this well-planned interview is to market their brand to the American people.

by Anonymousreply 487March 12, 2021 1:58 PM

Isn’t the black baby issue moot since the baby isn’t black? It would be more interesting to know if anyone had accurately predicted the baby would be “special”.

by Anonymousreply 488March 12, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote] R167 Lady Colin Campbell most likely.

For someone born with her labia fused together, she’s a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 489March 12, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote]R173 I was deeply shocked that Harry attacked his father. That would have deeply hurt and offended him. Why did he have to tell personal stories like that

What is the exact wording of Harry’s from the interview that you interpret as “attacking”? He stressed that he loved him, and that there should even be some sympathy for the fear-filled way the royals have been shaped.

Sharing your own experiences isn’t “attacking” another. It’s actually the way to lead a healthy life.

by Anonymousreply 490March 12, 2021 3:53 PM

Why was it so much fun to gossip about this before the Oprah interview and now it’s just depressing? I blame Meaghan, of course.

I’m really upset that I can’t delight in this nonsense anymore. I just feel sad for the lot of them, including Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 491March 12, 2021 3:58 PM

I actually asked my therapist today: Can I dislike Meaghan and question her motives without being a racist? I didn’t like Fergie either so I don’t think race has anything to do with it.

It seems like all of society has collectively lost any sense of nuance.

There’s no question that the Brit tabloids are racist assholes. And they’ve been treated miserably by the press.

by Anonymousreply 492March 12, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]R492 I actually asked my therapist today: Can I dislike Meaghan and question her motives without being a racist?

Did she refer you to a mental retardation specialist?

by Anonymousreply 493March 12, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]R217 I'm not sure what was meant when Meghan and Harry suspected Archie didn't get a title because he might be dark. Under the current laws, Archie isn't entitled to be a prince until Charles becomes king.

M&H are assuredly aware of that. Their comments point to discussion higher up that Archie would not be titled prince EVER, even when (or should) Charles take the throne.

It would have been wisest to immediately make Archie a prince, for optics and race relations, but the elder royals are clearly not known for their sensitivity. Or foresight.

by Anonymousreply 494March 12, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]R253 Charles or William. William is younger and less likely to care. Why would he be concerned? Probably Charles, with Camilla's shared interest.

That doesn’t mean Kate or Camilla weren’t there. The conversations might have been over dinner or tea or something.

by Anonymousreply 495March 12, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote]R268 It also wasn't just the conversations that were had with Harry, it was that they then denied the baby security, refused to give him a title saying they were changing the rules when he was born, and then lied to the press and said Harry and Meghan didn't want one for him. All of that together equates to their being racism present in relation to the questions being asked of Harry. They weren't asking Harry because they were curious, they were asking him because they considered that a problem. Harry and Meghan would know the difference.

Quoted for Truth.

by Anonymousreply 496March 12, 2021 6:02 PM

Markle the racist wondered about the Black baby.

by Anonymousreply 497March 12, 2021 6:05 PM

R490, it's healthy to deal with your family openly, honestly, and in private.

Passively-aggressively telling a wide TV audience that your family is trapped/unhappy/scared of the press/kinda racist/forgiven by one's beneficent self for having wronged you can rightly be interpreted as attacking them.

by Anonymousreply 498March 12, 2021 6:46 PM

I think it was intended as a far off carrot to perhaps tame some of the risk posed by the Gruesome Twosome, R494.

by Anonymousreply 499March 12, 2021 6:51 PM

Well, William's "VERY much NOT a racist family" and snappy defensive tone pretty much made it obvious. Kate looked like the cat that swallowed the canary and, for the first time, a bit embarrassed to be seen with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 500March 12, 2021 6:57 PM

Nobody asked. I think Princess Henry, Duchess of Sussex is making it up.

by Anonymousreply 501March 12, 2021 7:04 PM

[quote]"VERY much NOT a racist family"

Notable that William broadened out his defence to the entire family, though Meghan (via Harry) only homed in on one person. William echoes his Grandmother's opening words in her statement: 'The whole family is saddened...' Safety in numbers, closing ranks. Recollections, after all, 'differ.'

by Anonymousreply 502March 12, 2021 7:11 PM

I believe it was somethiing that Harry brought up, R501, not at all unusual or racist in mixed race couples. I suspect we will hear more about it in the divorce. He looked quite nervous when she said it.

After all, the one Charles called "tungsten" has trained the tiny child to regularly shout "drive safe" around his father, who lost his mother in a car accident at a young age. Purely coincidental, to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 503March 12, 2021 7:21 PM

If someone said it, they could be a person of their time.

by Anonymousreply 504March 12, 2021 7:36 PM

Perhaps Harry's Mammy said it to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 12, 2021 7:42 PM

[quote]R432 None of these people are interesting or attractive on any level.

Whatever you say - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 12, 2021 7:56 PM

How can one thread have over 500 posts?

by Anonymousreply 507March 12, 2021 7:57 PM

R507 you must be new.

by Anonymousreply 508March 12, 2021 8:12 PM

R503 Holy shit, you are so right. Just another method to break him down mentally. She’s evil.

by Anonymousreply 509March 12, 2021 8:46 PM

It is all so dramatic and over the top and sinister, R509, like some cable tv drama, no?

by Anonymousreply 510March 12, 2021 8:53 PM

Someone, not Archewell, is going to turn this into a TV mini-series and get sued by Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 511March 12, 2021 8:59 PM

Has Major James Hewitt weighed in? Was he aware that the UK treason laws protect the chastity of the Princess of Wales?

"High treason today consists of: Treason Act 1351 (as amended – last amended by the Succession to the Crown Act 2013): [...] violating the king's wife, or the sovereign's eldest unmarried daughter, or the sovereign's eldest son's wife (only if the eldest son is also heir to the throne)."

Unfortunately Diana is not around to say whether or not she consented, if that is a genuine issue in respect of high treason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 12, 2021 11:12 PM

I actually like Meghan more now because fuck the royal family. I don't like Meghan but I like her for fucking these over privileged elitists who don't really do a damn thing but have cameras follow them.

by Anonymousreply 513March 13, 2021 12:01 AM

You seem to be describing Meg herself, R513. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 514March 13, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote] privileged elitists who don't really do a damn thing but have cameras follow them

That's H&M after they left the BRF. The BRF carries on with their duties.

by Anonymousreply 515March 13, 2021 12:42 AM

'Recollections, after all, 'differ.'

It's actually 'vary', Klan bitch - learn your lines properly.

by Anonymousreply 516March 13, 2021 12:49 AM

YMMV

by Anonymousreply 517March 13, 2021 12:56 AM

R513 Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 518March 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Regrettably for M&H, they are both in absolute negative territory in the UK polls. Haze has a -2 result. Megh in on -27. Minus, minus. William and the Queen are on PLUS 80 each.

by Anonymousreply 519March 13, 2021 1:05 AM

Sweetie, no one cares what people in the UK think. We all know you’re a bunch of backward colonial racists. You’ve lost the international PR war. Meghan won that easily. With one interview. The fact you think you’re little backwater Brexit island even matters anymore is hilarious. You’re going to spend generations trying to clean up this mess. We got rid of our Trump. You’ve still got yours.

GOOD LUCK. Keep calm and whatever the fuck. Lol

by Anonymousreply 520March 13, 2021 3:46 AM

r250 you clearly are an insular person who is completely unfamiliar with the rest of the world. Or even the US outside your narrow environment.

Oprah Winfrey is practically unknown outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 521March 13, 2021 4:00 AM

I called this one early, his reaction to her was telling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 13, 2021 4:10 AM

I called it too, R522.

by Anonymousreply 523March 13, 2021 4:31 AM

Nazi Harry will teach his relations and "little p*ki friends" about racism and bigotry!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524March 13, 2021 9:24 AM

If someone did, it was scumbag-Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 525March 13, 2021 10:44 AM

Harry could have a baby with Oprah and his dorky white boy genes would win out.

by Anonymousreply 526March 13, 2021 11:01 AM

I've just complained to OFCOM about the inaccuracies in the Oprah interview. It was quick and easy, go on Meghan did.

by Anonymousreply 527March 13, 2021 2:36 PM

My money is on Harry talking about it, as is common in all couples, including those of mixed race. What would our kids look like is normal convo.

Have to agree with this comment

Kate Kelly, Sun Valley, United States, 1 hour ago

@Mariena: Sadly, it's very possible that Harry was always "an empty shell" with excellent p.r., and a once charming, manipulative, scheming, mostly fun-seeking, hedonistic, conman...

His PR really could not hide his selfishness and just off behavior, the knocking the heads of the 2 little boys together and his seeming to have no relationship with his niece and nephews stood in stark contrast to the herculian efforts by his PR team. Was so much like Tom Cruise, when the mask slipped there was a GULF between the image and the PR. Now, with this interview, no one will want to work with them. They are vindictive, immature, professional victiims and extremely litigious. It is CLEAR that they take counsel from no one, one sympathizes with the staff who tried to give them a softer landing, to no avail. Charles is a known skinflint, he really has tried here too. And before MeAgain he was preparing a country home for Harry as it has long been clear that he is off and not growing and developing properly.

To use his grandfather's hospitalization as a point of leverage to engage in the interview beggars belief. No one with a shred of decency or a grasp of optics and reality could have seen this as timely. But, IME, people like this are driven to even more attention seeking behaviors by the vulnerability of others. What BETTER time to shake down a 94 year old than when her 99 year old husband has been hospitalized for weeks, after all? How BETTER to grasp for more family freebies than by attempting to globally humiliate them and blow up the family biz?

Harry may seem more appealing in contrast but they are both drama seeking and act without a care for how their actions impact others. Their children are unlucky indeed and it has nothing to do with titles.

by Anonymousreply 528March 13, 2021 3:04 PM

Harry is a good example of why the people finally rose up and put an end to monarchies that had power over the people, and made them ceremonial instead. Can you imagine a dolt like Harry as King and having real power over people? It's frightening.

by Anonymousreply 529March 13, 2021 3:10 PM

That is why him continuing in the line of succession is a poor idea, R529. Now that they have put their delusions on display on the television, no PR can deflect from them any longer. Even the specter of his becoming a regent for a minor George is horrifying. For all they have been blessed with, not only do the Harkles want "more, more, more!" BUT they want to burn down the family and family biz on the way out the door. It is a needless spectacle and beyond callous with his 99 year old grandfather in the hospital. What BETTER time to put the screws to his 94 year old grandmother, after all she may be vulnerable and distracted at this time. How DARE she think of anything but how to placate the Harkles!

by Anonymousreply 530March 13, 2021 3:23 PM

“Charities” are mainly a ruse to keep unproductive old money people afloat.

by Anonymousreply 531March 14, 2021 2:44 PM

Apparently Oprah just said its not Charles so Prince William will never be King.

by Anonymousreply 532March 14, 2021 2:48 PM

It was probably somebody like Andrew, or Anne. I doubt it was anybody important. Harry and Meghan sound like they are drama queens, exaggerating the whole situation for maximum effect.

by Anonymousreply 533March 14, 2021 3:06 PM

Where did you read that, R532?

by Anonymousreply 534March 14, 2021 5:08 PM

In the voices in his head, R534. Did not happen.

by Anonymousreply 535March 14, 2021 5:27 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 14, 2021 6:56 PM

That baby looks more like Keanu Reeves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 14, 2021 7:02 PM

Poor Archie. One day he is going to Google himself, and read all about this nonsense. And if he doesn’t, his schoolmates will.

by Anonymousreply 538March 14, 2021 7:16 PM

R532 = overhead Gayle King talking in the hair salon.

by Anonymousreply 539March 14, 2021 7:21 PM

Sorry, that should be overheard

by Anonymousreply 540March 14, 2021 7:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 14, 2021 7:30 PM

Harry & Meghan behind the scenes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 15, 2021 1:48 AM

Camilla. And it’s hard to live under the rules of a monarchy which I’m sure Markle wasn’t prepared for. Harry always seemed like he wasn’t comfortable in the role so he wanted an out and she was his ticket. The sad part is Diana was MURDERED by the royal family via secret service for being pregnant by a Muslim (Dodi Al Fayed) his dad went to his grave claiming it- they hated him (Mohammed) for owning Harrods and his son being Diana’s BF and baby daddy’. They didn’t want a half Muslim as a step sibling (it was alleged to be a girl) to the future king of England. Photos from her summering on the yacht with him summer 1997 showed her bump in her one piece tiger print bathing suit. So what Markle claims doesn’t seem at all unfathomable about the way they are. Cant believe Piers Morgan has such a hard on for her and he can’t control it. Her loser whites trash half sister is a leech and her father is scum to fake a heart attack. She’s better to have rid herself of that side.

by Anonymousreply 543March 15, 2021 2:23 AM

Diana was not pregnant when she died.

Diana died because her driver was drunk as shit going 100mph through a tunnel, and she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. End of.

by Anonymousreply 544March 15, 2021 2:47 AM

The paparazzi chasing them into a tunnel didn't help, though, R544. The final inquest concluded that the chauffeur's drunkenness and the paparazzi's involvement were the two main factors in the crash.

by Anonymousreply 545March 15, 2021 2:11 PM

Harry loved the role until Meghan came along, r543. Also, you talk shit.

by Anonymousreply 546March 15, 2021 2:25 PM

What Oprah says bears no relation to who will be the monarch of the United Kingdom, r532.

by Anonymousreply 547March 15, 2021 2:27 PM

I've said this before and people get furious, but here goes. What if.....what if.....you come out of the Paris Ritz with your new boyfriend and – knowing you are the biggest star in the world and the curiosity is intense – you stand there with him, smile, let the vultures take some pictures. Then you get in your car and drive off at a safe speed. Maybe they're still following and taking pictures, but maybe, just maybe, they're somewhat satisfied with what they got. The driver has to be VERY careful with all this extra traffic, of course – that's the worst thing about this situation and I agree should not happen. But hang tight, soon you'll be back at Dodi's apartment and you'll be fine. Maybe next time accept you can't be public and private at the same time, not at that level of fame. It sucks, but that's reality. All it does it create a frenzy. I say all this as a big Diana fan.

by Anonymousreply 548March 15, 2021 2:27 PM

A little dirt from someone who supposedly knows... not a lot, but still interesting. Anyone who thinks Meghan manipulated Harry like some Lady Macbeth to leave everything behind is off. Meghan was perfectly happy keeping the titles and living under the radar, splitting time in the UK and/or Canada/US—which we know makes sense, as she was very happy being royalty (hence the Archie wasn’t a prince controversy). Both thought she was very shabbily treated in the UK by the press and the Firm. But they weren’t given the choice, and Harry was the one who adamantly said, “we’re chucking it all.” Meghan was very, very unhappy about this, but agreed. He is a very angry man, for obvious reasons, and often will not listen to reason when it comes to his life. I used to get nice dirt btw, but it’s sort of dissipated as my contact who has a contact says his contact talks only a little. Supposedly his contact was one of the leaks in the William affair story.

by Anonymousreply 549March 15, 2021 2:40 PM

r549, have you given that alternate universe a name?

by Anonymousreply 550March 15, 2021 2:42 PM

R550, you can believe it or not believe it. If you have better info, be my guest. I don’t even know if I believe it. Just passing it on from someone who also told me about William’s affair (which I posted here) who turned out to be right.

by Anonymousreply 551March 15, 2021 2:45 PM

The affair didn't turn out to be right. It has never been anything but gossip.

by Anonymousreply 552March 15, 2021 2:55 PM

Really r552? The affair did happen, but no one could get the receipts, like incriminating pics. But it definitely happened.

by Anonymousreply 553March 15, 2021 2:58 PM

What is the proof it happened? I have never seen any actual credible evidence of any kind. Just rumours and gossip and speculation. What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 554March 15, 2021 3:01 PM

But R549, everyone already knows they would have been "perfectly happy keeping the titles and living under the radar, splitting time in the UK and/or Canada/US." That was the half-in, half-out gig they thought they should get, in which they got to be "semi" active Royals, picking their own charity activities in or out of the UK but getting the money and perks accorded the true full-time working Royals in the UK. HM quite rightly said, no way. If you're a working Royal you do it in the UK under the direction of The Firm.

If they chose not to be working Royals they were perfectly free to remain in the UK, move totally abroad, or split their residency. It was only the working-Royal dough and perks (including paid security) that went away. The only thing the RF "cut them off" on, is, no half-in/half-out in terms of being working Royals. It wasn't practicable. If you get the working money and perks you have to be in the UK and your projects, public statements, and associations have to be subject to vetting and approval--that's true for any employee of any "Firm." They still got floated by Charles while they took a year to decide for sure, and Charles as far as anybody knows was still gonna be giving them that 2.5M lbs he give each son yearly. They themselves stated publically over a year ago they intended to be financially independent from the RF. Their complaints now make zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 555March 15, 2021 3:03 PM

Book titles for Meghan: MY Truth, Living in the Light: 10 Steps to Manifest Your Best Self, Harry and Me.

by Anonymousreply 556March 15, 2021 3:12 PM

R555, we’re talking about the same thing. Yes, They wanted to split their time, doing “royal” stuff here/Canada and in the UK. But they were told no. My point is that Harry was the one who was adamant that they “chuck it all.” They might have been able to get by perhaps with long “vacations,” etc., but Harry wanted to burn the house down. He is not a weak-minded person being manipulated. He is a very troubled man, who has serious anger issues, and who has no thoughts about what the repercussions are to his decisions. Forewarning: Just my opinion, but I believe Meghan did not want to burn the house down—she wanted to be royal, and she wants Archie to be royal. But I don’t know this for a fact, she might have been all in with Harry after Archie wasn’t made a Prince. I also think that now that they’re out, he is going through some serious depression. But again, the last part is just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 557March 15, 2021 3:12 PM

R544, there is zero proof it happened. Oprah, who largely was egregious in terms of pot-stirring and shameless faux-shocked mugging throughout this debacle, did even ask MM something like, do you know what the context or meaning was. And MM said straight out that she did not. But then hastened to add dramatic, angry fact-devoid speculative comments.

BTW in a criminal investigation or a civil investigation like a workplace-discrimination complaint, this story would not even be certified for investigation--it does not even meet the standard of stating an allegation. What Oprah and the public heard was a double-hearsay utterance (Harry repeated something to MM, MM passed it on to O and the world) that did not name a wrongdoer, specific quoted statement, circumstances of the alleged conversation, or context. As such, it has zero credibility and would not even qualify as stating an investigatable allegation.

Additionally, this non-specific double hearsay was uttered in a lengthy conversation in which many statements by both MM and H which did give specifics, have been definitively shown to be distorted, exaggerated, or outright false.

Additionally, one person in that interview is on record as having made racist or at minimum inappropriate/micro-aggression-y racial statements on multiple occasions including telling a black media person they "didn't sound like a black guy."

In the world of facts and evidentiary standards, it's all a big nothing. Yet an entire family of people are being "called to a reckoning" and smeared by Twitter idiots who have taken it as established fact. In that sense what has happened here IS like the QAnon/MAGA world.

by Anonymousreply 558March 15, 2021 3:17 PM

Do you think Harry will ever take responsibility for this despicable cartoon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559March 15, 2021 3:23 PM

Meghan really should have worn a hat on that day out with the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 560March 15, 2021 3:30 PM

R558, are you really throwing a bunch of legalese crap here? You know it’s a gossip site. The affair did happen, as does a lot of stuff that people want to keep quiet. But if you want to believe Prince William is as pure as the driven snow, be my guest.

PS—he isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 561March 15, 2021 3:32 PM

Oops r558, I though you were referring to my post, when you were referring to r544.

by Anonymousreply 562March 15, 2021 3:34 PM

R561, my post in R558 concerned R554, who I (perhaps mistakenly) took to be returning to the topic of this thread. I dyslexia-typoed my post as addressing R544, but I was addressing R554, who I thought was returning to the thread topic and asking if racist statements were actually made about the baby's skin color. I'm pointing out that what MM said in the O interview doesn't even meet the standard of stating an allegation, let alone making a case that the allegation is true.

I think O knew that perfectly well. I will be very surprised if she doesn't find some excuse to carefully and delicately distance herself from those supposed planned co-productions with H and M. It's comical that H&M are taking the largesse of O and Tyler Perry, who, whatever you think of their media product, earned their bazillions with ideas, entrepreneurial gumption, and hard work.

by Anonymousreply 563March 15, 2021 3:54 PM

Regarding Diana's death...

Sometime back, Lady C answered a question on that topic. (She has in the past commented that if Diana had survived the accident, she would have been a vegetable.)

The most jaw dropping (for me) comments she (Lady C) made on the topic was relating a conversation she had with someone who was in the SAS. The man remarked that the claim that Diana had been murdered was not true. For one thing, no one knew she would not be wearing a seat belt and two, that no one knew where the car was going that night. It was not feasible that there would be assassins stationed all over Paris in the hope of finding them.

But the startling comment was that there were much better ways to kill someone like this. (I know, I know, I was creeped out by this.) Diana had spent all that time on the yacht and she loved to swim and dive. All that would be needed was people in scuba gear to swim out under the area, wait til she dived down, grab her foot and hold her under until she drowned. A terrible drowning accident.

Whenever I read these ongoing discussions of this topic, I keep remembering Lady C's relating this conversation.

Yes, it was creepy to hear this.

by Anonymousreply 564March 15, 2021 8:20 PM

^^

To clarify. In no way did any of that SAS conversation meant that there was any such plot. There was no indication from Lady C or the speaker.

It was just used as an example of why the car accident story made no sense.

This Lady C video was some months back.

by Anonymousreply 565March 15, 2021 8:24 PM

^^

"mean", not "meant".

by Anonymousreply 566March 15, 2021 8:26 PM

The reason you can not be "half in and half out" of the working royal family is because when you are a servant of the state, as the working royals are, you cannot make money on the outside. That would be exploiting your royal status for personal gain. The deal for working royals is that you get to live in palaces and have servants, etc., but the nation owns you. You must show yourself and your children. You must show up at the aftermath of tragic events, at the state opening of parliament, at the opening of a new hospital wing, and on state occasions. There is no excuse for not showing up for the latter, even if you have a fever or the runs. If you are "half in," that means you get to take the parts you want and skip the boring -- and sometimes dangerous -- stuff. H&M cited others who are "half in," an they are wrong: Beatrice and Eugenie and Prince and Princess Michael may have titles, but they are not working royals, and they are free to make money on the outside, as of course are Anne's children and Margaret's son. They are all "out" -- i.e., not working royals. H&M seem to have wanted it their way, and the Queen said no.

by Anonymousreply 567March 16, 2021 12:18 AM

William.

by Anonymousreply 568March 16, 2021 2:45 AM

Maybe it was Harry himself??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 18, 2021 10:22 AM

The Burger King.

by Anonymousreply 570March 18, 2021 12:43 PM

While it's of course not impossible a viciously racist so-called "joke" was made, or even a clueless comment of the sort that's now getting called a micro-aggression. I'm betting whatever it was, was not meant in a racist way or said in a racist context. We really need a start-to-finish complete transcript out there of the O interview, because while the outright false statements they both made have been easy to nail, MM spun and insinuated to an appalling degree that has gotten lost out there in the idiot wind.

MM did not actually say a racist comment was made and certainly did not say the alleged comment(s) were linked by anyone in the RF to the title issue. She merely artfully and venomously let it be known she thought whatever was supposedly repeated to her by Harry was racist and then used that to put an opinion out there using this as an illustration of why her personal belief was that race was the reason for not getting the title. It was all very artful and I must say quite viciously done. O for once even asked a follow-up, something like, "Do you know the context of the comment" or, "Do you know how it was meant" and MM even answered "No," she did not know. But she hastily rushed on to put out her personal belief. She also said something like, "Well, you can make your own conclusion there." But what the idiot wind is trumpeting is that MM and Harry said on TV that people in the family made horrid racist remarks about the baby's skin color and the baby didn't get a title due to racism.

My personal theory is that William said something that has gotten twisted around, during those talks we heard about ages ago where William tried to get Harry to be a grownup and slow down with rushing into marriage with MM. It was reported William pointed out that Harry had not had time to get to know her well, and that MM had not had time to really grasp what the gig was and what she was getting into. I think he could have brought up the relentlessness of the press and the public attention, and asked if they had had adult conversations about racism and some of the stuff a mixed-race child might face, such as if the child was dark. Talking about that and being prepared for that going into a marriage isn't racist. It's grown-up and necessary. But we've heard Harry was furious when Wills tried to slow him down and I'm betting things that were said got passed to MM in a game of telephone. Which MM did not hesitate to continue playing in the O sit-down. She hates Wills for having her number and for trying to get Harry to take more time to determine whether they were suited.

by Anonymousreply 571March 18, 2021 4:20 PM

Stop making sense r571. It's not what people want to hear right now. They want drama, accusations and witch-hunting, and "conviction" on all counts by any means necessary. If someone accuses, then it is truth, no questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 572March 18, 2021 4:31 PM

R571, one of the papers published a transcript, it is floating around if you Google. Sorry I cannot remember. On YT a linguist did an analysis of the interview and he used the transcript so as not to be influenced by anything but the language. Might be able to find it there as well.

by Anonymousreply 573March 18, 2021 9:36 PM

sorry I cannot remember WHO PUBLISHED IT. mb it was The Sun?

by Anonymousreply 574March 18, 2021 9:36 PM

R571, Harry's childhood friend Tom Inskip also suggested that they live together for a while first, as they had been long distance. Harry reacted with fury to him as well and he has been more or less cut off. Petty as his wife, Inskip and his wife were invited to the ceremony and luncheon but not the celebrity to do in the eveing. His saying "we've lost him" is a bit poignant but Harry seems awfully unlikable himself. The Inskp wedding in Jamaica was crashed by Meghan who proceeded to berate a waiter. Such a mess. But, a lot of what Harry is really like is being revealed. I think on some level he picked her to do exactly what she is doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 18, 2021 9:58 PM

R549, I’m giving your comment a serious amount of thought.

The part I find difficult is that Harry had a much-touted love of Africa. Why would he want to be in Canada half the time, when he was so enamored of Africa? The “Canada” part smacks of Meghan, who had a whole life there, prior to landing the Prince.

When men wind up with high-maintenance alpha women, I always think he’s hiding behind her skirts and winding her up to get what he wants. Pissing off his parents, ditching people he doesn’t like, driving hard bargains, all the while shrugging “happy wife, happy life...” “what can I do? She’s the boss. You know how it is, brother...” Like she’s the hired goon who doesn’t care that people don’t like her, as long as she gets her way.

It takes two.

by Anonymousreply 576March 18, 2021 10:21 PM

What happened with Megs and the waiter?

by Anonymousreply 577March 19, 2021 12:02 AM

Since Lady C is from Jamaica, I wonder if she has any gossip about what happened with that Inskip wedding.

by Anonymousreply 578March 19, 2021 12:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 19, 2021 12:14 AM

I'd be surprised if R549 really has inside information, but what they post is no more untrue than all the Tumbler confessions, blind gossip items, YouTube experts, and interpretations based on personal experience with "narcs" that are posted here.

I find it just as plausible that Meghan wanted to hold on and try for half-in/half-out and that Harry pulled the plug. She's obviously enamored of the titles.

by Anonymousreply 580March 19, 2021 6:10 AM

Turns out it was Anne.

by Anonymousreply 581April 3, 2021 7:34 AM

Ah, but Anne did not ask about a black baby.

As Harry said the convo was prior to the marriage, Anne allegedly expressed concern about her character and behavior and whether it was a good fit - in other words she feared MeMe would be a disruptive force, and if the marriage ened that children would be weaoponized.

Sure looks like well founded concerns, eh?

by Anonymousreply 582April 3, 2021 1:13 PM

R582 yes this is the part of the story that I love, the climb. I actually greatly admire Meghan’s achievement. I like to imagine the day she knew for sure it was serious and she was going to get a ring. In front of the bathroom mirror going, “omg omg omg holy shit holy shit holy shit fucking YES.” At least that’s what I’d be doing!

by Anonymousreply 583April 3, 2021 1:18 PM

Oh shit wrong thread. Still!

by Anonymousreply 584April 3, 2021 1:18 PM

I have no doubt that it was Princess Anne making a joke gone very bad.

by Anonymousreply 585April 20, 2021 7:12 AM

Maybe Anne was answering a question from somebody else and now she is being blamed.

by Anonymousreply 586April 20, 2021 9:09 AM

It was Charles in the drawing room with a candlestick.

by Anonymousreply 587November 28, 2021 6:37 PM

Page Six link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588November 28, 2021 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!