Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you have high end appliances in your kitchen?

Like Wolf, Sub-Zero and Cove?

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2021 5:48 PM

No. I have a Bosch dishwasher, an LG range, a Sears microwave, and a Samsung fridge. I do have a Breville countertop oven, though.

by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2021 4:53 PM

I have LOW end appliances in my kitchen.

My stove is a Sears Roebuck as is my refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Fuck no. All Kenmore.

by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2021 5:06 PM

Very high end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2021 5:11 PM

I always had really good luck with Kenmore Elite appliances. I had a repair guy who recommended them and said they were just as good as the high-end stuff but much cheaper. But that was in the mid- to late-2000s. Last time I went to a Sears, I couldn't find anyone to help me. After 30 minutes of being ignored, I went to another appliance store.

I would be curious if anyone thinks if either Wolf or Viking is worth it. I'm doing a kitchen reno in the next year or so and I thought about going high-end on my appliances. Any other recommendations would be appreciated!

by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Nope. Five years ago I spent $1500 on a dishwasher. Five years later it would cost me $600 to repair.

My (very honest) repairman said buy the cheapest product you can that meets your needs. They're now designed for about five years. So I shop on price and Consumer Reports recommendations (and Energy Star designation.)

BTW, I had a Kenmore dishwasher that started life as a portable, got built in and lasted fifteen years. It caught fire during a cycle, which was so awesome because it was such a mindfuck to watch flames shooting out the front of a washing dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2021 5:29 PM

SubZero refrigerator and freezer. two Miele dishwashers Two subzero drawer refrigerators, and a fisher-paykel drawer dishwasher at the bar. My range/oven is now a GE monogram. The microwave is GE. Love them all and have had no problems in a decade, other than the light switch on the oven. Easy fix.

I had a Dacor range/oven that I hated. Bad hinges; replaced. Large oven element replaced. Thermostat in small oven: replaced. Upthread somebody posted about their repairman suggesting cheaper appliances. My Dacor guy said the same thing!

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2021 5:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!