Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Step By Step Original Pilot Opening Theme

So that’s where that little dark haired boy came from. I’m glad they went with the other Mark instead of Jarrett Lennon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 4:50 PM

Sasha Mitchell was a CK Model who worked with Patrick Duffy on Dallas. He played cousin Cody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 6, 2021 4:15 AM

Sasha Mitchell was such a perfect man looks wise.

by Anonymousreply 2March 6, 2021 9:19 PM

I remember watching reruns of this throughout the 2000s.

Anyway, the opening intro is hilarious. They are in Port Washington, Wisconsin but at the Six Flags in California near the ocean. The ocean is the fakest-looking CGI ever and they placed next to a rollercoaster!

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2021 2:00 PM

Mitchell returned for a guest spot in season 7. The show jumped the shark when they introduced that little girl who served no purpose other than being cute. It was pointless because they wrote out the youngest boy who served the same purpose. Also Duffy and Somers were pretty old to be parents of a younger child anyway.

But Duffy was the ultimate DILF and Somers the ultimate MILF. You actually believed they had sexual chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2021 2:10 PM

Theme songs used to be an art.

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2021 2:13 PM

I love the heavy electronic guitar at the beginning..

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2021 2:21 PM

WHET Brandon Call?

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2021 4:31 PM

CGI? We were using that in the early 90s?

by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2021 4:41 PM

I know I watched every single episode of this show during its first run, but I don’t remember a single thing about it. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2021 4:47 PM

We were using CGI back then, but I think what looks so awful in the Step by Step credits is the use of really terrible backscreen when the rollercoaster cars with the cast members supposedly near the top of the rails.

Port Washington was such a strange setting for the series. There are only 11,000 people in that town, and its homes look nothing like those in Pasadena (where they filmed exteriors). They should have just set the series in Pasadena.

I agree Patrick Duffy looked his hottest here. He had such a great body--it looked like he didn't have to work out much but was just genetically blessed with a great build.

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2021 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!