Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blossoms of spring: the new HGTV thread

Feel free to chat about all things HGTV, DIY and/or the new Chip Gaines Ball Stank New Network here.

We usually kick these off with the divine Adrian Leeds, but I'm fascinated by the new show (new for HGTV, anyway) Escape to the Chateau and their hosts, Dick and Angel Strawbridge.

Angel loves bringing nature indoors.....though her hair color cannot be found in any natural setting! And Dick is as butch as the day is long........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2021 3:17 PM

Angel & Dick are simply charming!

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2021 2:39 PM

I do like them.

But I call bullshit on the whole "we spent all of our life savings on this and now renovate it with sweat and tears."

They did a fuckton of work so someone somewhere has money tucked away, or at least a good line of credit!

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2021 2:42 PM

I reckon he brought a ton of money into it.

But good on them both, its a beautiful chateau, I'd love to save a place like this if I had a shitload of cash

Far better than building some tacky new McMansion

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2021 2:48 PM

Madame Leeds was on last night! She was sowing a handsome NYC dancer/choreographer around Paris. He did not choose the Marais studio with a tub!

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2021 2:55 PM

^^^sHowing^^^

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2021 2:56 PM

Hmm, this tattooed host on DABL is quite a hottie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2021 4:02 PM

I've watched Escape to the Chateau for quite some time now. I happened upon it a couple years ago. There were several episodes on YouTube and Dailymotion. Dick is an engineer and very handy. He does a lot of stuff himself with his "builder mates" as the narrator of the show often calls them.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Angel's style, but many of her ideas turn out better than I thought they would. It looks like such a dream existence. If I had piles of cash, I'd love to live in something like that chateau. I'm not handy, so I'd need mine fully renovated!

Most other HGTV shows are just so repetitive--flip this, flip that, house hunters in several various forms, this life and that life where someone searches in the Caribbean or some island locale, or the Mediterranean, etc. I find I hardly watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2021 5:12 PM

Is this about a new Blossom reboot?

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2021 5:15 PM

Her design ideas are clever, for sure.

She seems to be very much a frau-y brand in the UK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2021 5:25 PM

At times, Angel’s decorating style seems to be inspired by the legendary Frank Bielec of Trading Places fame.

Hot glue gun? Check.

Random twigs? Check.

Two hours before guests arrive for three-day wedding and you’re focused on applying rickrack to broken teacups? Check.

The HGTV version is a repackaging of the PBS episodes. One can think they’ve seen a particular episode on PBS, but the HGTV episode is recut with snippets of different episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2021 6:00 PM

Speaking of blossoms of spring....I watched the first episode of a new run of "Restored."

Bless that cameraman for giving me some good closeups of Brett's bulge and his big hands and feets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2021 4:00 PM

This show was OK. Jonathan Knight has a strong Boston accent but we knew that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Dick and Strawberries also have a DIY show where he helps people at their Chateau's. Some of them are absolute fucking deluded wankers. Obviously worth watching.

They also did a weird abridged DIY show filmed during lockdown. Only went like five episodes then vanished.

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2021 6:58 PM

If Dick were 10 years younger and about 50 pounds lighter....I would be on that like white on rice.

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2021 7:00 PM

Are Chip and Joanna still anti-gay evangelicals? Everybody was talking about this three years ago. Total radio silence since. I can't imagine they have changed.

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2021 10:24 PM

R15 I assume they are. Which is why I have no intentions of watching their soggy ass network.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2021 9:24 PM

What is DABL on HGTV? I’m intrigued by the hottie man in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2021 9:33 PM

It is a lifestyle-oriented digital multicast television network. It is not a part of HGTV.

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2021 11:03 PM

DABL is often one of those digital stations a la the mesothelioma channel.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2021 11:31 AM

DABL is cooking shows in the morning and home reno shows in the afternoon and evening. It’s a sub channel of an OTA channel.

Beware of the British show where they give 3 rooms a makeover in one hour. Screechingly awful and maudlin.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2021 12:20 PM

The new Leanne and Steve Ford show is much like the old one.

They paint everything black and white

AND

The audience apparently always thinks they're high

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2021 1:02 PM

The Chateau last night included:

- Building a boat for their moat

- Making crowns of eucalyptus and a bouquet for one bride - she was DYING for that bride to validate her work

- Painting and reupholstering a small golf cart

All three hours before the wedding, of course.

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2021 9:46 PM

Can we talk about Leanne Ford? There was a thread about her but it only got like 2 replies.

When I would see her on older shows, I didn’t really like her. I thought there was something about her that just clashed with me.

But for some strange reason she grew on me. She has a style that I would not want in my home but she often surprises me with her work. I always end up liking it more than I thought I thought I would.

I don’t know how much of their real personalities that we are seeing, but she seems much more likable this go round.

I do think she is high on the show though. I thought that myself without reading that anywhere else. The smirks and the giggles give it away.

by Anonymousreply 23March 14, 2021 10:17 PM

I was surprised to learn that David Visentin, who is the male half of the hosting team of Love It or List It, is apparently straight with a wife and child. I think he gives off a lot of gay signals and because I found him attractive, I wanted him to be gay. What can I say? I've always been attracted to Italian men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 14, 2021 10:30 PM

[quote]Are Chip and Joanna still anti-gay evangelicals?

Yes, still haters. Oh and now they can claim it's the networks problem and THEIR show is not about "alternative lifestyle choices." Just trite repetitive decorated ones.

by Anonymousreply 25March 14, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote]I was surprised to learn that David Visentin, who is the male half of the hosting team of Love It or List It, is apparently straight with a wife and child. I think he gives off a lot of gay signals and because I found him attractive, I wanted him to be gay. What can I say? I've always been attracted to Italian men.

Yes, he's straight, yes, he gives off gay vibes, no he is not attractive. Italian? could have fooled me. He seems femmy uptight French Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 26March 14, 2021 10:39 PM

R25 where did you see/read this?

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2021 12:04 AM

I’ve only seen a couple of the Fords’ shows and didn’t really like their style but HGTV did a Rock the Block challenge a couple years with four women designers working on identical very bland California suburban development houses and Leanne Ford worked on a higher level. The other three stayed within the typical HGTV parameters, boringly tasteful. Leanne’s ended up looking like something you’d see in the French countryside (kitchen) or in a really trendy urban hotel (walk through shower). It worked against her because, after all, it was a house in a California development and those buyers aren’t looking for that style, they want Pottery Barn and shiplap.

by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2021 2:58 PM

R23 the Fords are growing on me although i equate them to Beavis and Butthead at times. but they are a nice break from the usual modern ,open concept white kitchen with island and brass fixtures that is common today. I want Brian Kleinschmidt from 100day dream home in the worst way. He has a thing for 'brown sugar" apparently which tells me he is really hung!

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2021 3:06 PM

Love the Chateau people.

They’ve built a magical place.

The waiting list for their wedding locations is 2 years!

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2021 4:30 PM

I imaging the tv company gives them money, no?

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2021 4:30 PM

R31 They all claim no

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2021 1:37 PM

Brian Kleinschmidt really butters my muffin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2021 1:39 PM

R24 yes David looks like he throws a nice hard fuck!

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2021 1:53 PM

Dick Strawbridge had been in a number of shows on U.K. tv prior to this. A Lieutenant Colonel in the Army he appeared as a contestant on Scrapheap challenge, was clearly approached by someone who recognised tv potential, ended up presenting that and went on to do a show with his adult son from his first marriage. So he will have accrued some money behind him. That said, I think I read that part of the deal with the chateau was initial financing as fee for the show. Neither would have happened without the other.

Angel is delightful but it doesn’t alter the simple fact that Dick should be sat on my face right now. And many times after.

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2021 2:20 PM

My initial reaction upon seeing OP's pic was, who are these two people cosplaying Nietzsche and his sister?

by Anonymousreply 36March 18, 2021 2:30 PM

I find the Fords to be really strange. She gives me this heavy Diane Keaton vibe, which is very distracting. While the brother seems high most of the time he may just be on the spectrum.

They’re also one of the few designer/builders with some outcomes that are complete failures. It’s strange to see an episode and dislike everything in the reveal. They also swing between a very anonymous style, and over-personalizing an owners already stamped ideas.

by Anonymousreply 37March 18, 2021 2:44 PM

I tend to like Leanne's designs, but she did one recently that was HORRIBLE. It was a retired couple moving into the upstairs of their daughter's farmhouse. She painted the wood floors white in the whole thing -- it was just way too sterile and didn't look comfortable at all.

by Anonymousreply 38March 18, 2021 3:37 PM

Also, she did young couple's house in "Parisian Minimalist" style but it looked more like "Parisian Prison". One of the few cases where the Before looked better than the After.

by Anonymousreply 39March 18, 2021 3:38 PM

I do think Dick is hot. I don't need him to be a muscle queen, I just wish he was maybe about 25 pounds lighter. I like a little beefy belly but he's a smidge too ball bellied. I also want to tell him "please have someone fix your deviated septum! You'll breathe so much better!"

by Anonymousreply 40March 18, 2021 3:55 PM

Honestly, overall this season of the Fords has sucked. I have liked almost none of the reveals, and on several of them I was like, "You spent THAT and got THAT?"

They also never do any exterior work, which really defeats the purpose for some of their projects.

by Anonymousreply 41March 18, 2021 3:57 PM

The last episode of the Fords was probably her worst work yet -- AND IT WAS HER OWN HOME!!

Coffee drip stains on the walls, wallpaper hodge podge, children's "art" everywhere.

It was truly awful.

by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2021 8:45 PM

R42 agree. That one just made me think they dislike being on HGTV and they are deliberately trying to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 43March 20, 2021 8:50 PM

I had to laugh at this week's Chateau.

Love the show, love Angel....but she went into the local thrift store looking like Boy George on a mascara bender. It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2021 11:07 PM

For my fellow fans of Mr. Mountain of a Man Ben Napier - warning that on this past Sunday's episode (where they remodeled their executive producer's house), he strips down to his underwear and jumps into a pool.

It's quick but gurrrrlllll, that's why the Good Lord invented pause buttons.....

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2021 5:40 PM

House Hunters in Denver proving that gay men can ALSO have absolutely no taste.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2021 3:08 AM

I can't believe no one has talked about the Laundry Gay...I mean, Guy yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 5, 2021 10:15 PM

I'm sad the Dick and Angels show is over next week, I'm hoping it will be renewed for another season. Love them both. They have a website now where you can buy their merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 48April 5, 2021 10:30 PM

I would love to see Brian Kleinschmidt naked

by Anonymousreply 49April 5, 2021 10:32 PM

R48 I thought it was still on for a few more weeks?

by Anonymousreply 50April 5, 2021 11:09 PM

Erin Napier is pregnant again.

by Anonymousreply 51April 12, 2021 4:09 AM

It’s been three weeks since Escape to the Chateau has aired on my PBS station. There wasn’t a season finale and I know there are more seasons. I know I can find it online but I just liked having something to watch on Thursday nights.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2021 12:23 PM

All seasons of Escape to the Chateau and the DIY spinoff are on Peacock. FYI if anyone wants to binge.

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2021 12:36 PM

I had no idea Chateau had been on PBS.

We are still getting "fresh" eps on Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2021 12:59 PM

I like HGTV but I wish they'd have some gardening shows, I miss Jamie Durie. Seems all their shows are basically the same thing...find a house, gut it, remodel it with an open concept kitchen with island, blah blah blah. Love the Napiers. Nice to see Tarek El Moussa beefing up and in shape...I think the cancer scare really affected him. Also love the Good Bones show with the mother/daughter red heads and the hot assistants. Corey really is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2021 2:24 PM

Present day HGTV is a shadow of its former self. There is no comparison. It's now the renovate real estate channel, and though there are a few good representatives of that type of show, most of it is repetitive dreck. Really, most of it is shit. How many house flip shows can you watch?

Anybody remember "Design Time Saturday Night"?

Just some examples are Kitty Bartholomew, Chris Madden, Decorating Cents, Candice Olson with Divine Design, Michael Payne with Designing for the Sexes, Shari and Matt with Room by Room, Design on a Dime, Sarah Richardson, Gardening by the Yard, and many more.

We could do - and probably have already - an entire thread of the original HGTV and all the shows it presented in those early days. People that did not see HGTV from the beginning have no idea how good it was and what they are missing. It really WAS House and Garden TV.

And it was fun and entertaining and yes, instructive and informative, even when it was schlocky.

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2021 3:17 PM

HGTV used to have me.

ME!

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2021 6:27 PM

The White Kitchen Cabinets Network.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2021 7:32 PM

That cleaning guy is a hoot!

He knows his stuff for sure.

Erin announced that they were expecting again but I had no idea. I saw her message on Instagram and she said that most everyone already knew. It was news to me.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2021 8:06 PM

Hey thanks r53. I downloaded the app and have been watching the next season. It is free btw.

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2021 11:14 PM

You’re welcome r60 I’m on season 6 . It’s my right before bedtime watch.

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2021 12:17 AM

For those of you watching Chateau elsewhere, did you watch any HGTV episodes?

I understood that the HGTV version was edited together from multiple episodes so that is why I am asking. Right now I think they are up to spring 2019.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2021 1:20 PM

r62 I started on Peacock from the start, never saw the PBS or HGTV episodes,

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2021 1:25 PM

I watched Love It or List It last night and saw THE most unattractive gay couple I have ever seen.

Just unfortunate. The tall one was pear shaped and looked like a beaver. The short one.....looked like the kind of guy who would keep ferrets around his house.

Weird to see Hillary and David never interacting with the couple....all done remotely.

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2021 8:21 PM

I love Home Town and I can't stop crushing on some of the guys that are on there.

Especially Ben's buddies, Josh and Jim. I want to unzip them both and spend some lazy afternoon just going back and forth between the two until....well, you know.

The cameraman didn't help the cause when he kept flashing on their tight pants and bulges last night.

by Anonymousreply 65April 19, 2021 1:19 PM

I mean Mallory's nice and all but can someone airbrush her out of this so I can fantasize about my boys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 20, 2021 3:46 AM

Has anyone else seen Bargain Block? The tall guy is kinda cute.

I somewhat like their designs, though some of it is just weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 20, 2021 10:32 PM

R67 but Jesus the short one looks like a deranged leprechaun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 20, 2021 11:29 PM

I really miss Sarah Richardson, R56--I liked the way she explained her design process and choices, and created really tasteful rooms with unique style and personality.

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2021 12:03 AM

Even if she always talked about the "hoose."

by Anonymousreply 70April 21, 2021 12:38 AM

They need more gay couples a la Bargain Block and less of these fundie straight couples doing shiplap.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2021 12:41 AM

Yes, I’ve been watching some old Sarah Richardson shows. They’re really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2021 12:45 AM

I adore Sarah Richardson . I cant recall ever not liking a room she did. My dream daisy chain is Ben ,Josh and Jim. Oh god R64,I saw that one ! That tall guy had the most flabby fat body ! It was really gross. And I agree,his bf looked like a sexually frustrated psycho .

by Anonymousreply 73April 21, 2021 1:05 AM

I do wish there were more (any) garden shows on HGTV now. I always enjoyed Designer's Landscape in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 21, 2021 11:38 AM

Totally, R70--I always call it "Sahrah's Hoose"!

by Anonymousreply 75April 21, 2021 11:54 PM

R56 I remember all those shows....that was around 2002-2003? My favorite of all time was Candace Olson (Divine Design). Chico we need to put in some pot lights!

by Anonymousreply 76April 24, 2021 5:43 AM

*hiccup*

by Anonymousreply 77April 24, 2021 12:55 PM

Check out this article. More bullshit spread faster than you can shovel it

This is not a joke - coming soon, ‘Meth-House Makeover.'

For all those archaic enough to miss the original HGTV, this is a VERY depressing article. As well as those that bemoan the direction of culture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 25, 2021 6:41 PM

R78 Interesting article.

Hopefully the Meth House makeover never makes it to air.

But the laundry one with that really fat guy with an enormous gunt DID make it to the streaming channel

by Anonymousreply 79April 25, 2021 10:25 PM

Mr. Blanco is back!!

He’s showing homes to a ditzy woman and her husband who wants open-concept and Victorian.

by Anonymousreply 80April 29, 2021 2:40 AM

The only real design talent I see on the whole damn network nowadays is Alison Victoria, The Berkus' (Nate & Jeremiah) and Erin Napier (from Home Town).

At one time I thought that I liked Nicole Curtis' work as well but (after watching several episodes of her show "Rehab Addict") I'm staring to realize I don't. And as far as I can tell she's not even a designer, she's a Classic Home Restoration expert. But who the hell wants to live in a museum and how can that be functional in today's world?

by Anonymousreply 81April 29, 2021 3:37 AM

I like restoration. I wouldn't necessarily live in it but I like it. Nicole's OK, even if she is a cunt, and I am ALL about Brett Waterman on Restored. He does mostly good work, though sometimes he's a little TOO unwilling to update.

I didn't care for Alison's work - I agree she has some decent ideas but at the end of the day her houses all look the same.

by Anonymousreply 82April 29, 2021 3:45 AM

So the 50k Three ways is sort of like Designers Challenge.

by Anonymousreply 83May 1, 2021 5:12 PM

The obese fraus who were convinced that JoJo was fucking her carpenter are now equally convinced that Jenny Marrs on Fixer to Fabulous wants Chase the one eyed redneck to fuck her.

They do have some active imaginations.....

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2021 7:21 PM

What an elegant and beautiful lady trying to find a house in NOLA.

An ex-marine, too.

Her new house was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 85May 6, 2021 3:33 AM

Anyone watching those two queens on "Bargain Block"?

WTF with that black living room and kitchen????? DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN!

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2021 11:04 PM

Dick Strawbridge?? I thought that guy is Colonel Mustard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2021 12:00 AM

Erin Napier's work might be the honkiest, whitest, most Karen shit I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2021 12:41 AM

Leanne and Steve Ford are high as kite. It's so fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2021 12:44 AM

Those bitches on Bargain block have ZERO taste .

by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2021 12:59 AM

I like the Bargain Block designs. Better than Cuntina's lame attempts at modern.

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2021 1:19 AM

That house decorated black and gold was sort of ridic.

Otherwise they do incredible work for their budgets and neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2021 1:19 AM

Let's not forget the GOLD SPRAY PAINTED kitchen cabinets

by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2021 1:33 AM

Just saw the black house. Lots of good ideas there that went awry.

I liked the idea, but it needed to be like a very deep charcoal gray matte finish sort of thing. True black shows a lot of imperfections.

The living room would have been great if they had stuck to black and gold. But then gray marble and gray couch? No, baby, no.

by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2021 3:35 AM

I started a thread about the Bargain Block queens a few weeks ago. No one else gave a shit.

Anyway, IMO the main designer guy thinks outside the box & has some interesting ideas. The problem is that (for obvious reasons) he works on such a shoestring budget that he's unable to properly execute those ideas. His designs (again, because of the small budget) lack polish. I'd like to see what he could do if given a proper budget and decent house.

But regardless, who the hell would want to live in the ghettos of Detroit surrounded by crime, poverty, empty lots and half-burned down shanties? Is the cheap property tax worth the headaches & heartbreak?

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2021 4:15 AM

Michael is talking about the Strawbridges in the linked video. I sensed something off with them while watching their chateau DIY series many months before the "Doing It Ourselves" channel even started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote]I like restoration. I wouldn't necessarily live in it but I like it. Nicole's OK, even if she is a cunt

R82, I like restoration as well. But when interior designing one's home, you should be willing to mix a bit of the old with a bit of the new. Nicole Curtis is either unwilling or incapable of doing that. Once she preserves the old, she clocks out.

She's an excellent watchdog; making sure that original wood is preserved and that no walls are knocked down but after that she all but gives up. So not only are her poor clients stuck with a nonfunctional museum but they're also saddled with her horrendous designs! Don't take my word for it, just watch a few episodes of "Rehab Addict". She's horrible!

There's a way that one can preserve the integrity of a historical home and still create a beautiful, fully functional, modern & OPEN space to live in. After 20 years & 2,836,373,091 homes, Miss Curtis still hasn't figured it out.

[quote]I didn't care for Alison's work - I agree she has some decent ideas but at the end of the day her houses all look the same.

IMO Alison Victoria brings the GLAMOUR and I love it! And although I wouldn't say that her designs all look the same, she definitely has an upscale style all her own. I personally don't care to look at designs that I can create with a trip to Home Depot and a few slaps of paint. I want to drool over luxury I can't afford. Miss Victoria's sumptuous designs provide that in spades!

by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2021 5:21 AM

[quote] I started a thread about the Bargain Block queens a few weeks ago. No one else gave a shit.

HGTV content on the DL tends to do better when lumped into one general HGTV content thread. Usually threads about a single show die on the vine.

I am the OP of this thread but not saying that out of wanting my thread to do better or anything, it's just experience over the years.

by Anonymousreply 98May 8, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote] IMO Alison Victoria brings the GLAMOUR and I love it!

Too bad she's a relentless, unbearable C U N T

by Anonymousreply 99May 8, 2021 1:20 PM

So does everyone have a chateaux fixer upper in France now?

by Anonymousreply 100May 8, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]Too bad she's a relentless, unbearable C U N T.

You see, I don't find her unbearable, R99. I detect a likeable sense of humor interweaved throughout her cuntiness.

But the bottom line is, IMO the girl has talent and is providing a sophisticated design style I can't find elsewhere on the channel.

by Anonymousreply 101May 8, 2021 9:19 PM

Cuntiness aside, I just don't find her styles very appealing.

Most of them feel very industrial/commercial to me. And her willingness to destroy antiques is a negative to me - as heinous as Pinterest fraus who chalk paint everything.

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2021 3:48 PM

Just announced that Restoring Galveston will be back for a 3rd season this summer.

That Michael Corddray is hot. Hope there's another episode where his screechy wife gets laryngitis and he's forced to work in the hot Texas heat in just a pair of boxer shorts, his hairy chest glistening with sweat.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 10, 2021 4:17 PM

I LOVE Micheal Corddray ! I think his wife is cute,and they seem very much in love . I also like their work .I cant wait !

by Anonymousreply 104May 10, 2021 4:18 PM

He knocked her up again.

I'm so jealous of that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 105May 10, 2021 4:39 PM

R96, I watched some of that video and yes, he’s upset about *something* but I couldn’t really understand. I’m only up to season 5 of Escape/Chateau and haven’t seen the DIY extra (?) on Peacock. Angel seems incredibly creative and she’s credited the painter/illustrators who decorated the barn doors and the white drinks van. Dick seemingly can fix anything (except the roof). What they’ve renovated so far is incredible, a historical/exotic fantasy. Okay, too much for the average day-to-day life but perfect for events where you just want to wow people.

The fellow you linked to seems to be connected with another woman and a chateau, Lalandre (?) and from what I’ve seen of that one, the interior is very pedestrian (it’s being run as a b&b) and there are a lot of “interns” working for free? At any rate, I’m not seeing design work that Angel didn’t credit properly. All I learned is that there are a shit ton of British couples renovating chateaux.

by Anonymousreply 106May 10, 2021 5:39 PM

R106 Yeah, I watched about 30 seconds of R96's video and gave up.

I did hear comments here and there that the pandemic show Dick & Angel had wasn't quite as good, showing them doing repair work that wasn't very well done.

But if they have to crank out content in a pandemic, I am willing to cut them some slack.

by Anonymousreply 107May 10, 2021 5:44 PM

I like Ben and Erin Napier, but Jesus Fucking Christ their new series where they makeover some podunk town in Alabama is EXHAUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 108May 10, 2021 11:39 PM

R108 agree, it was an HGTV thing and hopefully it's the only season.

by Anonymousreply 109May 12, 2021 3:19 AM

Just watched HH from Chicago with two hissing, meganellie queens both named Kevin.

One clearly had work done just to be on the show.

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2021 3:20 AM

Christina of "Flip Or Flop"s idea of "designing" is simply picking out a countertop to match her subway tile backsplashes. No more. No less.

And speaking of "Flip & Flop", who the hell wants to live in the nicest home on the block in Compton? Talk about asking for trouble!

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2021 3:34 AM

I agree R108. They seem so forced on there. Part of their charm was they never seemed to be "on" ,I hope this terrible show is an aberration and not their new normal. Im sorry,but how in the world is that woman ever goping to think shes going to be able to maintain a high end "boutique" in that shitty little town ? Nobody there is even small enough to wear her clothes,and the ones who are cant afford them.

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2021 5:23 AM

R110, they were the worst and didn’t even seem to like each other.

I enjoyed K2’s meltdown when he had to drive from River North to Wicker Park.

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2021 5:31 AM

R113 LOL......as if it's far away.

River North is top of my list of places in Chicago I would NEVER want to live.

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2021 1:41 PM

I think my list of HGTV/DIY men I'd want inside me quite deeply would be

(1) Michael Corddray

(2) Brett Waterman

(3) Tarek (I know, he's flashy....but still)

(4) Tad and/or Cory from Good Bones

(5) Steve Ford, who's got a bangin' body, but only if I could shave his head first

(6) Big Ben

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2021 2:46 PM

Oh, wait, a few more.

(7) Ken whatever his name is that was the tall dark haired husband on Flip or Flop Atlanta. Looks like he's packing a big one.

(8) That dude from Barnwood Builders. He looks dumb as a box of rocks but he sure is pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2021 2:56 PM

Those biceps. Unf.

by Anonymousreply 117May 12, 2021 3:29 PM

R115 you should add Alison Victoria's carpentar (Ari Smejkal) to that list

by Anonymousreply 118May 12, 2021 9:33 PM

Mark Bowe is fucking FINE ! And I love the way he acts .

by Anonymousreply 119May 12, 2021 9:35 PM

Since the subject has shifted to HGTV Eye Candy, I'll add the only man on the whole damn channel that matters, No Demo Reno's Tony Taveres.

Part of me is SHOCKED that you bitches were foolish enough to overlook him in favor of some of the Bozos I'm seeing named here but then again, this is DataLounge after all...............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 12, 2021 10:50 PM

Thats cause he is fucking GROSS R120 . Those veins are repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 121May 12, 2021 11:37 PM

R118 You are absolutely right and I love Ari. He's a hot daddy. Just hadn't seen her show for a while and had forgotten about him.

R119 I have actually never seen the show but HGTV/DIY runs commercials with him building shit all the time and he definitely made my pants twitch.

by Anonymousreply 122May 12, 2021 11:44 PM

Yawn @ R121. Go back to fingering yourself to Ty Pennington & Mike Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 123May 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Id absolutely give Mike Holmes all the ass he wanted. Especially if his son is in on it. I wouldnt piss on Ty if he was on fire. Ive never understood his appeal. Bulgy vein ridden bodies are disgusting to me,sorry if that doesnt sit well with you.

by Anonymousreply 124May 12, 2021 11:59 PM

Agree, in addition to Ari I'd add Mike Holmes and his hot son.

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2021 3:44 AM

Jason Pickens makes my no no hole tingle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 15, 2021 7:23 PM

Mike Holmes is just so fucking big and thick and beefy everywhere. Even if he didn't have a big cock, I'd still cum just from feeling his enormous frame on top of me, pushing inside.

by Anonymousreply 127May 15, 2021 9:01 PM

Are they done with Bumfucka, Alabama yet?

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2021 2:07 AM

Aw, that was the last Chateau : (

by Anonymousreply 129May 30, 2021 4:14 AM

Steve Ford was on Home Town Takeover last night.

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 130May 31, 2021 4:34 PM

I’m watching UNSELLABLE HOUSES for the first time. This has to be *peak* HGTV. Twin sisters, who drive matching vintage VW busses, do kitchen and bathroom renovations and then style houses for sale in the Seattle area.

It’s every HGTV cliche rolled into one show. “Rustic Farmhouse” + mid-century + patterned tile combinations (three per room) + heavy over-accessorizing from Home Goods. They claim each reno—new kitchen cabinets, floor, appliances, bathroom vanities, bathroom floor, shower, fixtures, exterior French doors—all for $40,000 and three weeks. Now obviously the furniture is rented and all the accessories are borrowed for the staging and not included in the $40K but that still is suspiciously cheap.

The episode that just finished, a house only had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths but amazingly they were able to discover a third bedroom!!! which added $$$ to the value of the house! It was a room being used as a home office! Who knew?? Now the owners are able to offer it as a 3 bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2021 6:06 PM

I despise those bitches in Unsellable. Almost as much as I despise those 2 queens in Detroit. There is no real style left on HGTV anymore.

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2021 6:28 PM

The New Yorker had an article about HGTV and the Fords were featured. Appears HGTV will schedule a pilot if the designer has a strong social media presence and folks get on social media for exactly that reason. The New Yorker writer seemed clueless on that revelation. Appears Leeanne Ford was promoted to a series after only three design jobs. Their first show didn’t get a third season because her designs were too similar. She’s quoted as asking if anyone had seen her work before she got her show.

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2021 1:45 PM

Well, it didn’t take much time for the attention-seeking whores of Hollywood to hit up the Scott Bros for their celebrity IOU.

The kartrashian whores, that deluded bitch, Paltrow, Rimes and that midget Kevin Hart.

It’s not special anymore.

by Anonymousreply 134July 6, 2021 3:05 AM

R134

Not that I expected much more from the Scott Brothers, but if there was any doubt before that the the Brothers were fame whores, this season of IOUs proves it.

As if ANY of the celebrities on the shows could do something altruistic without getting some publicity for it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 6, 2021 12:17 PM

Watch for musclestud Tony Taveras on "No Demo Reno." Man, he sets off my fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 136July 6, 2021 4:41 PM

I gave up watching the Scot Brothers a couple of years ago. They're all talk and no substance. The kartrashian women being on that show to gift someone a reno is absolutely ridiculous. They're so wealthy they could have easily done this for their friend, but of course they're on camera doing it. Disgusting attention whores, both the kartrashians and the Scots.

by Anonymousreply 137July 7, 2021 5:00 PM

I’m watching the new season of Stone House Revival and wonder about exposed interior stone walls. Aren’t the rooms terribly cold in winter? Is it like a cave?

by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Watching Tamara and her old mansions. I like what she does for the most part but her kitchens are sometimes hit or miss. At least for my tastes anyway.

by Anonymousreply 139July 20, 2021 1:12 AM

hey, there's a newer HGTV thread here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2021 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!