Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The first lawsuit. NAACP v Trump. Let the floodgates open.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 5:19 PM

Hope he spends his last days in and out of court.

by Anonymousreply 1March 4, 2021 5:37 AM

Go NAACP!

by Anonymousreply 2March 4, 2021 5:45 AM

I have never seen a more punchable face, the picture in OP just makes my blood boil looking at it. Every day I am grateful he lost the election.

by Anonymousreply 3March 4, 2021 6:08 AM

Music to our ears.

by Anonymousreply 4March 4, 2021 6:15 AM

The family of Capitol Police officer Sidnick and all the police officers who sustained serious injuries should also sue.

by Anonymousreply 5March 4, 2021 8:40 AM

R5 = I am really surprised Officer Sidnicks Family haven't sued or commented yet. ...As for Trump, he has Civil Liability for his actions---with a lower standard of proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 4, 2021 9:03 AM

As I said in the Gym Jordan thread, wake me up when even one fucking Repug pays any price for their traitorous criminality. I hope they all fucking die.

by Anonymousreply 7March 4, 2021 9:20 AM

It'll be thrown out on lack of standing. Some Trump fucker judge will determine that, shockingly, no one in Congress or anywhere in the entire fucking nation has standing to sue this motherfucker. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 8March 4, 2021 9:24 AM

It took 3 1/2 hours until the National Guard were approved—-right after that fucking “I love you” video.

That POS. The people deserve justice and we better get it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2021 12:21 PM

R3, just think, if you did punch him in the face, your fist would come back all sticky and orange.

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2021 2:43 PM

Next one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote] The family of Capitol Police officer Sidnick

[quote]I am really surprised Officer Sidnicks Family

Oh, DEAR!

Sicknick

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2021 3:32 PM

MICROSOFT NEWS POLL

To what extent do you agree or disagree with a House intelligence subcommittee chairman's recent federal lawsuit filed against the former president and other speakers who were present at the January 6 Ellipse rally for allegedly inciting the Capitol attack?

Strongly agree = 77%

Somewhat agree = 2%

Somewhat disagree = 1%

Strongly disagree = 19%

Other / No opinion = 1%

Based on 1,150 responses. Snapshot of real-time results.

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2021 3:48 PM

"Yet it is a no-frills lawsuit filed March 30 by two Capitol Police officers who stood their ground against the insurrectionists, and paid a heavy physical and psychological toll for doing so, that holds perhaps the greatest promise of making Trump pay for directing the violent mob that stormed the Capitol on his command,"

MSNBC's O'Donnell noted how quickly the number of cases using such a legal strategy could mushroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2021 8:50 AM

^^^ And this lawsuit, this same lawsuit is available to at least about 140 Capitol Police officers who were injured that day," O'Donnell noted. "They could file similar lawsuits, similar claims, some of them would be assigned different dollar values by juries if they get to juries. You could have a bankrupting amount of these kinds of lawsuits being filed by just Capitol Police officers alone."

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2021 8:51 AM

An MSNBC fantasy, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2021 9:10 AM

You sure hope so r16 but your contributions trump is scamming from you will go towards paying off these lawsuits. Money well spent r16! The country thanks you.

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2021 10:18 AM

I am not a Trump supporter, but I watched plenty of MSNBC during his term and saw Rachel and Lawrence confidently predict every night that Trump would be frog-marched out of the White House in handcuffs any day now. Like Fox News, they peddle fantasy to their viewers, it’s just less vile. If you believe Rachel and Lawrence, this lawsuit is going to finally bankrupt Trump and bring him to heel. Then we’ll all march down Fifth Avenue to the sounds of a swinging brass band.

I’ll believe it when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2021 10:50 AM

[quote]I watched plenty of MSNBC during his term and saw Rachel and Lawrence confidently predict every night that Trump would be frog-marched out of the White House in handcuffs any day now.

I never saw Lawrence, but with all due respect I watch Rachel enough to know what a profound exaggeration that is.

For example, in her reporting about these recent lawsuits, she merely explains the contents of the suits and then discusses them with the reporters who break the stories.

If listeners then want to jump to conclusions in each instance and believe that this now means Trump is toast, that's on them not on Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2021 11:05 AM

We shall see. Your guy is still fighting to keep his taxes from the House Oversight Committee. What’s he hiding, we ponder anew. Though the taxes are already with the Manhattan DA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2021 11:30 AM

Stay tuned. That's not all folks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2021 7:15 AM

Fucking scum. I fucking hate him so much for the irreparable damage he's done to this country.

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2021 7:17 AM

That first lawsuit sure has turned into a stack hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2021 7:17 AM

The rape of the Capitol building was directly tied to: 1) Kamala Harris becoming Vice President and 2) Warnock (and probably the Jewish Ossoff) becoming Senators. The Confederate flags flying everywhere and screams of OUR country should make it obvious.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2021 7:19 AM

"The filing didn't attempt to back up any of Giuliani's wild claims about Dominion, but it suggested he may do so later if the case continues,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2021 5:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!