Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jasmine Beach-Ferrara

[quote] I’m Democrat Jasmine Beach-Ferrara and I’m running against Madison Cawthorn. As a gay woman, Christian minister, mom of 3, I’ve heard “you can’t” all my life. I’m ready to prove the skeptics wrong again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 12:14 AM

Christian minister? Yeeeeeeesh. Is that what wins votes in the holler? Or the hills? Or whatever backwoods hellscape these people come from?

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2021 6:44 PM

And the Dems manage to find the one candidate that will never win amongst the yahoos in that district. FFS! I guess there were no Muslim immigrants available. Before you all scream racist or homophobe, this is about Realpolitik--something the Dems ignore at their peril. That district may as well be in Alabama if it weren't for the mountains. It does NOT include Asheville the asshole GOPQ legislators in Raleigh knew exactly what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2021 6:46 PM

[quote] A county commissioner who gained national prominence in the campaign to fully legalize same-sex marriage has said she will seek the congressional seat held by far-right Republican Madison Cawthorn.

[quote] The Rev. Jasmine Beach-Ferrara, of Asheville, announced her run March 3 for the 11th District seat, taking an immediate shot at Cawthorn and his Jan. 6 speech to supporters of former president Donald Trump directly before the U.S. Capitol was stormed.

[quote] "Some people will say a gay woman who's a Christian minister just can't get elected in the South. Not to mention, she's a Democrat. When I say, an insurrectionist who flirts with Nazis, fires up a violent crowd to attack our democracy, well he shouldn't get reelected anywhere," she said in a campaign video released with the announcement.

[quote] Beach-Ferrara said her time on the Board of Commissioners showed the ability to work with people of different political viewpoints.

[quote] "My faith teaches me that leadership starts with empathy, compassion, and listening and then getting to work to help people. That’s the kind of leadership I want to offer instead of the division and mean-spiritedness we’re getting now." she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2021 6:53 PM

She sounds cool.

But honey, would it kill you to wear a little lipstick?

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2021 7:14 PM

[R3] Thank you for that. Asheville has been put in that district as a blue island in a sea of red. The other blue spot is Boone, home to Appalachian State. I would be more optimistic if they'd select an Iraq vet who can keep it in his pants. ( unlike the Dem who ran for Senate against Tillis and had a good chance until he listened to his smaller head and got caught like John Edwards). SMH

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2021 7:29 PM

The Dems should run a boring white guy if they expect to have a chance at winning this seat. I have nothing against lesbian ministers, but this is just reality.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 12:02 AM

"As a..." = Loser

See also, Hegar, MJ

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 12:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!