Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Geoffrey Scott, Actor on "Dynasty" and "Dark Shadows," Dies at 79

He died of Parkinson's disease on Feb. 23 just after midnight on the day after his birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2021 4:35 AM

Dark Shadows? Obviously a friend of Dorothy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2021 2:19 AM

Alexis finds Mark....Dynasty...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2021 2:21 AM

Wasn’t he Matt Houston or something. I totally remember him from the early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2021 3:03 AM

R3 = You are thinking of Lee Horsley....They look alot alike...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2021 3:07 AM

Is Parkinson's caused by cocaine?

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2021 3:09 AM

Geoffrey Scott took over the role of Billy Lewis on Guiding Light in 1994 for about a year when the other actor had a "whoopsie" and needed to take some time off....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2021 3:10 AM

2021 seems to be an awful year to be a Dark Shadows fan. We've been losing one cast member a month. Diana Millay in January, Christopher Pennock in February, and now Geoffrey Scott in March.

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2021 3:43 AM

He did a "Fantasy Island" but never boarded the "Love Boat".

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2021 3:49 AM

Have fond memories of watching him on Dark Shadows.

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2021 3:54 AM

I always felt bad for him on Dynasty because they introduced him with such fanfare, like he was going to be this major new character, and then after a few episodes, they didn't really know what to do with him and the character really became both boring and emasculated.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2021 3:56 AM

R9 As Sky Rumson about to torch Angelique!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2021 4:01 AM

Finally!

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2021 4:09 AM

I remember being shocked as a kid that a Dynasty star basically just had a role as a dead body in the Jane Fonda film The Moring After.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2021 4:18 AM

He may have had a larger role in flashbacks, R13, but they could have cut his scenes during the edit. God, that movie was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2021 4:19 AM

R7 I was going to mention Chris Pennock too. They both worked with Jane Elliot on GH. Chris played Tracy's husband Mitch Williams and Geoffrey played her lover David McCallister. He did a good job as Billy Lewis, but the fans in general don't like replacements of long-term characters which is why Daniel Pilon flopped as Alan and Dennis Parlato didn't last as Roger. Of the three, Geoffrey was the most like his predecessor.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2021 4:25 AM

He really rocked those white tennis shorts on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2021 4:26 AM

I'd have given that mustache a ride.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2021 4:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!