Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Our guy Pete is selling his house

It will become a historic site when he becomes President in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2021 6:33 AM

That's where he lost his virginity.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 11:20 PM

There getting the hell out of Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 11:21 PM

If those basement walls could talk....

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] After he closes on the house, Nichols said Monday, he intends to use his new residence for some theater activities, including the taping of an online cabaret show in May. Other possibilities include cast parties and donor parties.

Cliche. Cute...but cliche.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 11:39 PM

That corporatist, bible-thumper is not my guy.

I lived my life as an openly gay man.

He hid in the closet for his own personal advantage and then only came out opportunistically when it was comfortable to do so.

The way that people on DL fall all over themselves for this centrist, opportunist closet-dweller is really something to behold. Like the greatest gay male role model is a guy who hid in the closet into his late thirties. If we were in the same high school or college or wherever and some jerk starting saying homophobic shit to me, I would have been assertively telling the bigot that he was an ignorant piece of trash--Buttigieg would have been silently sitting there and not backing me up. But here on DL, you'd think that he's some kind of shining beacon of homosexual courage. It's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 11:41 PM

Besides driving to work every day, what experience qualifies him to be Secretary of Transportation?

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote]Besides driving to work every day, what experience qualifies him to be Secretary of Transportation?

What qualified Trump to be president when he hadn’t even held any kind of public office?

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 11:47 PM

R7 Our founding father's didn't want politicians but citizens to serve our country! You have bought into the corruption of our country!

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2021 1:27 AM

Do we know where him and Chasten live now? Curious in what DC hood they settled in.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2021 1:50 AM

Well what they can afford with the proceeds is probably a one-bedroom condo in Silver Spring.

by Anonymousreply 10March 2, 2021 1:55 AM

They are never going back Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 11March 2, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote]when he becomes President in 2024.

What a fucking ridiculous thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 2:00 AM

Excuse me, I'm speaking. The earliest that Secretary Pete will be seeking the presidency again is 2036, at the conclusion of my second term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 2:03 AM

Pete is going Hollywood when he leaves D.C. He and Chastain want to take their (self proclaimed) thrones as Kings of the Gays. These two are going to make Harry and Megan seem tolerable. No thank you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 2:08 AM

Very common for DIVORCING COUPLES to sell their assets. Just sayin'. You heard it here first. Pete is trading up and ditching his balding nobody husband. It's happening.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2021 2:12 AM

Is the sling room still furnished?

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2021 2:52 AM

R5 = I completely agree with you. Pete is a sham and only out for Pete. When he leaves Washington he will undoubtably go to Hollywood and run something like the elitist GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2021 3:08 AM

I'm sure this is what Ooze prefers, a 300lb homeless man who thinks he's a 1950's housewife.

Go suck some tranny clit, Cooze.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2021 3:52 AM

Booty-gag will never be President.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2021 5:56 AM

[quote]when he becomes President in 2024

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 6:08 AM

Pete is secretary of transportation because Biden decided to throw him a bone.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2021 6:09 AM

ugly rat

by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2021 6:10 AM

Remember when Pete said he and Chasten were going to raise their Imaginary baby in South Bend?.....so many lies...I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in LA. and go full on Schock Gym Attention Whores...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2021 7:59 AM

South Bend eh? Sounds kinda gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2021 8:21 AM

Is the sex dungeon fully functional, or will they be taking the props and equipment with them?

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2021 8:35 AM

Yep, their using this transportation position as an opportunity to get away from south bend. After that gig is up, they can either stay in DC, move to NYC or somewhere in California.

But south bend is over for them. Their going to go fool blown coastal elite once the Biden administration ends. Biden was their ticket out of that shithole state. All of the money and speaking engagements book deals and probably big money from Netflix etc.

They got really lucky with Biden. Two lucky fuckers, their going to make Bank.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2021 8:36 AM

[Quote] He and Chastain want to take their (self proclaimed) thrones as Kings of the Gays.

Surely you mean Queens of the Gays?

Can you picture DLers exploding in a violent burst of furious taffeta and vicious glitter when they meet the Duchess M and Duke H? As will surely happen soon.

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2021 8:51 AM

I’d love to get in there with a black light and check out all the spooge stains. Kinky!

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2021 8:57 AM

Oh fuck off, R5. Blah, blah, blah, so tedious and self-righteous. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2021 8:58 AM

Don't forget the TENS of MILLIONS Mayor Pete collected for his campaign right before he quit....He still has that money which legally pays for campaign committee staff (Chasten?) and their business work phones (Chastens Iphone?) and Office space (Chastens Office until he lands some Highway Lobbyist Job)....By the way--a campaign can REFUND campaign donor dollars, which Pete decided not to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2021 9:02 AM

Pete 2024

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2021 9:06 AM

The Pences need a new home in Indiana. Have "Mother" check out the house.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote] their using this transportation position

Oh, dear!

[quote] their going to make Bank

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2021 9:10 AM

Is this where man is moving on up inside the man?

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2021 9:11 AM

[quote]If we were in the same high school or college or wherever and some jerk starting saying homophobic shit to me, I would have been assertively telling the bigot that he was an ignorant piece of trash--Buttigieg would have been silently sitting there and not backing me up.

There's something pathological about imagining an invented scenario about something that might have happened way back in high school, and imagining how someone you've never met -- and never will meet -- would have come to your rescue, or not. It's like a little teenage girl's daydream mixed in with a persecution fantasy. It's creepy and I don't know if you realize how odd it is, Ooze.

When I was in high school in the 1980s pretty much everyone was closeted but I know of two instances where guys who came out much later defended a gay kid getting picked on constantly, risking their own safety to do so. You can't even make assumptions like you did in your little fantasy world, they're often way off.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 9:17 AM

I cannot wait to see what "No Conflict of Interest" consulting job Chasten gets in the Aviation Sector. Wait and see--This Fourth Grade Teacher from Hicksville is going to end up getting a 350,000 annual salary job..And, of course, Peter (as he now wants to be called) will let everyone know that he and Chasten never discuss work. No Siree...

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 9:18 AM

Spouses of Administration members usually get good jobs, that's how it works. Hell, I live in a town with a big sports university and every large business, including the school district, hire dozens of coach's spouses who get paid exorbitant amounts to do nothing. That's just part of the deal.

Doesn't make any sense to only bitch about it when it happens to some gay you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2021 9:24 AM

Didn’t Mama Pence just keep teaching? Is her position at the Christian school still open, Chastain could just take that over and shake the shit up in that school with his theater arts program. The first production will be an all star fourth grade rendition of Angels in America.

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2021 9:56 AM

Is Chasten's Scarlett O'Hara cosplay hoop skirt included in the purchase price? Deal breaker if it's not.

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2021 10:02 AM

From OP's article it sounds like he basically saved that house from decaying beyond repair, and its a beautiful house. Would love to see interior shots

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2021 10:45 AM

[Quote] Pete 2024

Yassssss!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2021 11:13 AM

Pete's new house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2021 10:03 PM

Chasten said he prefers calling Pete "Peter", but has Pete himself ever said that?

by Anonymousreply 43March 2, 2021 10:27 PM

And r5/Ooze that's why Pete is where he is and you can only dream of such things.

by Anonymousreply 44March 3, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote]Pete is going Hollywood when he leaves D.C. He and Chastain want to take their (self proclaimed) thrones as Kings of the Gays.

I wouldn't mind Pete as King of the Gays, sure as hell beats Andy Cohen or Billy Porter. You can have Chasten, though. Far too basic, common and ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 45March 3, 2021 1:08 AM

Who is this Ooze troll?

by Anonymousreply 46March 3, 2021 1:43 AM

"I have never done anything for the Gay Community except SAY I am gay. I did collect tens of millions of donor dollars based on simply being gay. Basically I am one of those GLAAD Elitist Gays who do nothing to help anyone in the Gay Community but myself or other elite Hollywood Gays. Look at me: If I saw a gay person with AIDS I would cross the street. If I saw a gay person smoking a joint I would dial 911.."-----Peter the Snob

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 3, 2021 1:45 AM

Oh my sides!

Hilarious that DL posters think Buttigieg - a gay man - could be elected as POTUS in 2024 in a country as homophobic as the US!

Try 2044 and there's a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 48March 3, 2021 1:49 AM

Nobody thought a black man could get elected president of the US.

by Anonymousreply 49March 3, 2021 1:51 AM

“I’m a visible gay, from the Midwest - in fucking South Bend, Indiana of all god-forsaken places where family trees seldom fork and not ONE of you assfaces would admit to fucking me unless I was mayor so R47 can piss up a rope.” - Pete, “sorry for not being martyred Yet” Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2021 1:54 AM

Don't be absolutely ridiculous R49.

There's a HUGE difference between a black male and a gay male. There are more than 100 million Evangelical Christians plus all the other Christians/religious idiots who live in America. And they [bold]ALL [/bold]hate gay men equal to how much they hate abortion.

Absolutely ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2021 1:55 AM

He's never going to be president. Too much packaging not enough behind it. Transportation is not a high level appointment or a high profile agency. At best he'll run some second string Centrist lobby/position paper mill after he leaves the administration.

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote] Excuse me, I'm speaking. The earliest that Secretary Pete will be seeking the presidency again is 2036, at the conclusion of my second term.

No, it's more like: "EXCUSE ME....I'M SPEAKING!!!"

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2021 2:06 AM

I predict that Pete Buttigieg will become another [italic]"because of Janbot we all fucking HATE Janet Jackson with the heat of a million suns"[/italic] situation on Datalounge in the coming years...

I'm right about that too. Let's see.

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2021 2:12 AM

I see the DL Homophobic Brigade is going full-force in this thread. With a little DL Misogyny Brigade thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2021 2:16 AM

I predict the brigade will tire of him - much like they did with Anderson Cooper, the firehouse, and Ben.

by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2021 2:22 AM

A more mature look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2021 2:24 AM

Can you paint over cum stains or is it better to wallpaper over them?

by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2021 2:27 AM

Who the fuck are you even talking about R55?

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2021 2:29 AM

Eleven years with an unlandscaped front yard. Interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2021 2:30 AM

Peter looks like the guy who publicly snobs his nose at gay promiscuity--- but jacks to himself bottoming to rough guys taking turns on him.

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2021 2:33 AM

We hate our own kind who are better than us.

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2021 2:27 PM

BREAKING-----Mayor Pete is apparently NOT very busy with his job because he is going back to Jimmy Kimmel Live next week to help host their Covid Thursday Night Special. And just last week Pete was on Seth Meyers show to discuss---wait for it---PETE!!!.....Sounds like Pete doesn't like his job very much....Just Sayin'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 5, 2021 3:58 AM

Oh Please, you bitter old Log Cabin Republican Queens forgot what it was like to be young hung and hated in your shitty town for being gay. He's doing what gay men have been doing since the dawn of time, get out the the small minded hell hole they were raised in. Let's be honest, there's SOOOOOO much homophobia in that state it can't be denied.

by Anonymousreply 64March 5, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]Sounds like Pete doesn't like his job very much....Just Sayin'

No, it sounds like he is making smart moves to get the rest of the public on his side before he just throws his plans out there. Unlike McTurtle's wife Mein Chow who used the job to make her rich family members in China even richer with government contracts. Just Sayin'

by Anonymousreply 65March 5, 2021 5:24 AM

R65 = He JUST started a job and is traveling around doing talk shows.? Pete clearly doesn't like the job. Or maybe he is lazy?...Or maybe he is an Attention Whore?.....It could be any number of things, so who knows?..Pete is the same guy whose own constituents booed him. (see video)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 5, 2021 5:38 AM

Pete is a highly visible staff member and already famous. He's going on talk shows because he's a media personality. Nothing wrong with that.

Sorry you hate Pete because he's a regular dude and not a finger-snapping "yaaassss queen" embarrassment, but most gay men are more like him rather than the minstrel stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 67March 5, 2021 5:56 AM

He's boring as shit. There's no there there. The epitome of white privilege in action. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 68March 5, 2021 6:04 AM

R67 = Pete was confirmed on Febuary 2....He is now taking TIME OFF. wtf?....I don't care if you are a Democrat or a Republican---but if you don't want to job at least get off the Government Teet and let someone else have it. It has nothing to do with "hating" Pete.

by Anonymousreply 69March 5, 2021 6:09 AM

Did Chasten have a teaching job in Indiana?

by Anonymousreply 70March 5, 2021 6:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!