Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What grows in your garden?

I have a basil and mint garden. In the summer I've very proud of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2021 10:37 PM

Rosemary, Lavender, and Magic Mushrooms

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 10:31 PM

Proud of a patch that grows itself?

Poor you.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 10:31 PM

Guavas, oranges, lemons, limes, plums, nectarines, mint, basil, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, marjoram. Assorted flowers.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 10:34 PM

I strew chili pepper seeds in a large patio pot last week. We shall see if any germinate.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 10:36 PM

I work a garden for a friend. We didn't do anything last summer, but this year we're doing quite a bit more than we have in the past:

Multiple kinds of tomatoes, Cucumbers, Poblabo Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Green Onions, Radishes, Carrots, Spinach, Mesclun Greens, French Sorrel, Rainbow Chard, Butter Lettuce, Basil, Thyme, Italian Parsley, Rosemary, Clary Sage, & Strawberries.

He also has blackberry bushes, and a pear tree that just produced for the first time last year. I love gardening, and am especially looking forward to it this year.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 10:47 PM

Wild parsley. I’ve loved it and marijuana since I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 10:58 PM

I'll plant my own tree, and I'll make it grow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 2, 2021 4:26 AM

Zucchini, squash, cucumber, basil, mint, rosemary, tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 8March 2, 2021 4:48 AM

Silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row.

by Anonymousreply 9March 2, 2021 4:52 AM

A patch of nasturtiums sprouted in my garden. Any idea how to cook with them?

by Anonymousreply 10March 4, 2021 2:24 AM

Put the washed flowers in a salad R10. They have a peppery taste.

by Anonymousreply 11March 4, 2021 2:35 AM

R11, thanks! I will try.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2021 2:47 AM

Right now, I have snow crocus, snowdrops and winter aconites blooming. The lesser celandine (a type of buttercup) are leafing up, and will be in bloom soon. I have to order some netting to protect the flowering trees, since this is supposed to be a cicada year.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2021 10:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!