Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Real World's Eric Nies to Live Separately From His Roommates in Homecoming New York Reunion Series

Real world, virtual roommate.

Eric Nies will not actually be in the loft with his Real World co-stars in Paramount+’s The Real World Homecoming New York, The New York Times reports.

The reality show redux will premiere on Thursday, March 4, as part of the rebranding of the streamer formerly known as CBS All Access. The series reunites the cast of MTV’s very first season of The Real World, including fashion model-turned-MTV personality Eric Nies. (Watch the new opening credits here.)

Per the Times, Nies participated from a New York hotel room and never was on set in the SoHo loft shared by castmates Becky Blasband, Andrea Comeau, Kevin Powell, Heather Gardner, Norman Korpi and Julie Gentry. Instead, he talked to the rest of the gang via video monitor.

Nies says his separation was “not by my choice, but I accepted the outcome — more will be revealed in the future.”

MTV declined to comment for the Times article. TVLine has reached out to MTV and Paramount+ for comment.

In addition to The Real World reunion season, Paramount+’s slate also includes MTV’s The Challenge: All Stars and a reboot of the cabler’s Road Rules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2021 1:51 AM

He's obviously following the rule that middle aged stars need to have scruffy hair to divert attention away from the wrinkles on their face.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 10:37 PM

Covid?

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote] Nies says his separation was “not by my choice, but I accepted the outcome — more will be revealed in the future.”

What the hell?

Why even bother participating, if it's only going to be virtually?

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 10:41 PM

Why be in a room with a bunch of people who might pass along the virus to you?

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 10:47 PM

Still would.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 10:50 PM

R4, I think they get tested, sequestered, and then live in a bubble? My hunch is Eric maybe had a late covid poz result.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 10:51 PM

He was a fashion model? He's so short!

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 10:52 PM

R6 I agree

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 10:53 PM

Eric Nies is POZ!

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 10:56 PM

I saw Eric In person and stood next to him at this weird thing my girlfriends loves to go to every year in NY I think it’s called The Whole Life Expo it’s held at some crappy hotel around 34th street and it’s weirdo central. They have all these booths and talks that last all weekend ,all concerning alternative healing , chanting and meditation. It’s very amusing and he was on line in the food area. He is still attractive and not tall but not midget either. This was about 8 years ago and he was balding that was obvious. He looks like a decent guy. Can’t really tell if he’s straight or gay. Hard to read but he clearly is into all kinds of airy fairy crap.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 11:14 PM

Probably because he was afraid that Kevin Powell would punch him. Remember that Kevin threatened Julie in the penultimate episode. Norman was a witness.

Also, here is Erics pee-pee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 11:14 PM

Years ago, I was walking my dog along Hudson River Park and he was skateboarding or something and when he passed he called out to me that my dog was cool looking. And she was. So I like him for that.

by Anonymousreply 12March 2, 2021 3:00 PM

This 'Real World' reunion doesn't bode well for CBS All Access/Paramount Plus. Who's in the market for this? The $$$ now is in reboots of shows like 'The Game' (which had a very loyal following for nine seasons on CW and BET) and the 'Frasier' continuation, which has just been announced. How can CBS/MTV/VH1/Paramount not mine better properties for a reboot? Whatever happened to the 'Daria' spin-off starring Tracy Ellis Ross as Jodie? Even that would be better than this 'Real World' half-assedness.

by Anonymousreply 13March 2, 2021 3:14 PM

It’s cheap to produce.

by Anonymousreply 14March 2, 2021 3:24 PM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 15March 2, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote] This 'Real World' reunion doesn't bode well for CBS All Access/Paramount Plus. Who's in the market for this?

First off, if you don’t like it don’t watch. Second, people are watching it. People on social media are all over it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote] How can CBS/MTV/VH1/Paramount not mine better properties for a reboot?

They literally just announced a massive slate of content last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2021 3:37 PM

As long as they show his pecs, it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2021 4:28 PM

Eric tests positive for Covid and Becky flips out and leaves during filming.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote] They have all these booths

Eric Nies is no stranger to booths.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] People on social media are all over it.

The people who are active on social media are perhaps 1% of the population. And, they are typically the dumbest 1%.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2021 6:40 PM

we

knew

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2021 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!