Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone done any Covid Crafts?

Not counting my beautiful Christmas display, I built a birdhouse, repotted plants, put bulbs in the garden, painted rocks for the nature trails and made a glass beaded curtain. I started doing pot holders, but you can only do so many of those. I was thinking about knitting, but I think I might get bored. What else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 2:20 PM

I just yesterday made an amulet bowl as part of an online Jewish magic festival. I’ve always loved lucky objects and talismans, and also making things, so it was fun for me and made me want to make more.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 1:19 PM

I gave myself a mullet

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 1:20 PM

I'm still decluttering my entire flat. Maybe when I'm done with that.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 1:28 PM

I've continued to do my favorite hobbies, ongoing are:

- Crocheting a "Waffle Stitch" blanket. The pattern name is 100% descriptive, it looks like a thick, Belgian waffle. It's been a great stash-buster, using off-white yarn alternating with various colors, changing every 6 rows.

- About to finish the "Virus Shawl"( relax, the pattern is from 2016) This will be a gift for my goddaughter's mother(using her favorite colors: pink, grey and lavender) who has recently got me addicted to the Louise Penny murder mysteries. She gifted me with the 16 published novels, the next is due this August. The shawl was a lot of work, and a bit frustrating until I got used to the pattern, thanks to the other guy in my stitching group who is a knitting and crocheting genius. He re-wrote the pattern to simplify it, and distributed copies to everyone in our group because we all want to make it. It's big, I used 29 oz. of yarn.

-Just cut out various fabrics for masks. I'm down to about a dozen on hand, so it's time to grow the inventory. Using: patriotic fabrics(these are always popular) flowers(because Spring and Easter are coming) plaids(have to butch it up for the guys)various food-themed fabrics(pasta, matzoh, fruits and veggies, etc.) and patterns suitable for St. Patrick's Day.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 1:50 PM

I have an old house with a very large living room. When I bought the house it was offered as "needs work." Fine. I just spent two entire months restoring the living room. Spackling, filling, patching, caulking, sanding, sanding, sanding. Then came conditioning the bare wood and priming the walls. Then sealing the wood and painting the walls. Along the way, there was an enormous tin ceiling to restore. I'm exhausted, but the fucking room looks great. The best possible use of a cold northeast winter and social distancing. It didn't matter that the furniture was usually piled in the middle of the room because no one was going in or out. Thank you, Winter. Thank you, Covid. Thank you, Benjamin Moore.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 1:58 PM

A macrame caftan.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 2:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!