Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republican Adam Kinzinger Says He Knows His Career Is Over After Voting to Impeach Trump

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) was the first Republican to come out in support of a resolution to compel former Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment after former President Donald Trump incited the Capitol insurrection. He says he knows it has damaged his future career prospects.

“The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you’re already dead,” he told The Washington Post, quoting a scene from the HBO World War II series Band of Brothers.

“I’m willing to blow this whole thing out of the water at all times,” he said of his career in politics, noting that since he voiced support for holding the former president accountable, he has “felt very isolated in my party. Very isolated and very lonely.”

Kinzinger believes the Republican Party will face a major reckoning now that Trump is no longer in power, highlighting the fractures within the party itself as part of it tries to move forward and the other part continues to try and court Trump’s base, who believe his unfounded claims that the election was fraudulent.

“I think we’re going to have an epic battle in the next six months for the definition of this party,” Kinzinger said.

The interview was published a day after 45 Republican senators voted against holding an impeachment trial for the former president, arguing that holding a trial for a president who is no longer in office would be unconstitutional.

“Private citizens don’t get impeached. Impeachment is for removal from office, and the accused here has already left office,” Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) told reporters yesterday. “Forty-five votes means the impeachment trial is dead on arrival.”

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), one of five Republicans to vote for the trial, disagreed.

“My review of it has led me to conclude it is constitutional in recognizing impeachment is not solely about removing a president, it is also a matter of political consequence,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2021 1:25 AM

Will he also acknowledge that his marriage is over and he’ll start dating men?

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 10:11 AM

Kinzinger can finally go back to his true love, Aaron Schock. Although Schock may have moved on. He's quite the globetrotter.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 10:15 AM

He didnt say his career is over Mary, just that it has danaged his career. Those are two completely different things. OP, stop posting bullshit thread titles on DL, take your lying ass to OAN.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 10:16 AM

R2 And cum swallower.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 10:17 AM

Don't fall in love with the uncrazy Repugs. They are still Repigs and vote against the COVID relief package (as Kinzinger did), minimum wage, health care, environmental protection, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 10:57 AM

R4 It has nutritious qualities ans is high in protein.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 10:58 AM

CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference has morphed into the Cult-of-personality Political Action Conference

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 10:59 AM

If the Rethugs have any dirt on him it should become public soon.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 10:59 AM

I still think he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 11:15 AM

He could probably still make a mint as a power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 11:21 AM

his hotness with that scruff is over the top, OP

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 11:28 AM

He's nice looking but not my type. If he feels he has no more future with the republican party he needs to walk into the light.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 11:56 AM

If he's accepted that he's "already dead" in the Republican party then he should stick it to 'em and switch to democrat or independent to reduce their numbers in the House at least by one.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 12:17 PM

Totally, R11.

He's becoming a DADDY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 12:48 PM

I’m so tired of seeing this self serving homophobe everywhere. I wish liberals would stop propping him up like he’s some type of moral authority just because he did the bare minimum and didn’t support a coup

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 12:53 PM

He may be nice looking now but trust me, that face will not age well. It's already becoming bottom heavy. He has a tiny mouth and his lower jawline is getting thicker and thicker and that's going to make his mouth smaller and smaller. I predict he's going to be a horror by the late 50s (if no sooner).

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 12:54 PM

Outside of a tiny few every republican in Congress is on the same level as a war criminal and should be treated as such. They have worked to subvert democracy and overthrow a legitimately elected POTUS. They deserve prison at the least, and a few of them deserve the death penalty, just as we did with NAZI war criminals after WWII.

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 12:58 PM

Onlyfans?

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 1:02 PM

R13...Pull a switch like Jeff Van Drew (NJ) from Democrat to a repub in 2020. Kinzinger should do it!

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 5:07 PM

Cry me a river. CNN will employ him immediately.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]He could probably still make a mint as a power bottom.

He has no ass.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 5:16 PM

[quote]I still think he's cute.

God you’re pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 5:18 PM

I want to see this lead to a man-on-man smack down, preferably in the form of classic Greek wrestling in the nude.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2021 6:30 PM

Has the reformed stud switched parties yet?

by Anonymousreply 24March 4, 2021 5:56 AM

I'll comfort him

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2021 5:58 AM

Did Trump say "Kinzinger" in a gay, homophobic way in that awful CPAC speech. I felt like he was almost trying to imply something. He sounded like he made a gay affectation. What say you gays?

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2021 4:18 AM

Sometimes I think we forget that the crazy critters in the current congress had Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin (among others) as agony aunties...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 2, 2021 1:52 PM

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) endorsed pro-Trump Republican candidate Catalina Lauf on Wednesday as she campaigns to unseat Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.).

In his endorsement, Cawthorn called Kinzinger, a vocal Trump critic, a “political insider,” adding that he “has no place in the Republican Party.”

“I am the first to condemn D.C. insider Kinzinger and the first to endorse a powerful America first, political outsider, in Catalina Lauf. I assure you I will not be the last,” Cawthorn, a staunch supporter of former President Trump, wrote in a statement.

“She is dedicated to working for, not against, the interests of the people of Illinois, and I know that she will be a powerful fighter in Washington,” he added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2021 11:51 PM

Kinzinger may still win reelection. How RED is his district in Illinois?

by Anonymousreply 29July 29, 2021 12:09 AM

[quote] I am the first to condemn D.C. insider Kinzinger

You're not the first anything, Roller Nazi. You were always the back of the class. In every possible way.

by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2021 12:14 AM

No it’s not! Don’t give up!

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2021 12:20 AM

We need to stop talking about January 6th. It’s just so divisive, why can’t they see where we’re coming from?!?! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 32July 29, 2021 12:30 AM

[quote] Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) endorsed pro-Trump Republican candidate Catalina Lauf

In case you don't remember Catalina and her vocal fry from the RNC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 29, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] Kinzinger may still win reelection. How RED is his district in Illinois?

He beat the Democrat by 65% to 35% in 2020, so pretty red I’d say.

by Anonymousreply 34July 29, 2021 1:23 AM

R26, in true tRump fashion he can't pronounce Adam's name with those damn awful false teeth. Why get it right when you can get it wrong?

by Anonymousreply 35July 29, 2021 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!