Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm sick of everything

Politics, Covid, TV, news, fame whores, sexual predators, liars, mean people, traffic, crappy food like flavored bagged popcorn that's been flying in my mouth.

I just want to surround myself with beauty, music, great books, and kind and caring people. I want love, intimacy, puffy clouds and rainbows.

Is something wrong with me? What are you sick of?

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2021 5:04 AM

Yes, something is wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 4:50 AM

No, you just have pandemic blues. Hang in there a little longer and life will get interesting again.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 4:57 AM

Nicolas, we understand and we have subscribed to your channel on YouTube. What more do you want of us?

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 4:57 AM

R3, LOL, how did you know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 5:03 AM

OP maybe you need to join a commune of like-minded folks?

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 5:04 AM

I’m sick of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 5:04 AM

I would settle for some of that popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 5:06 AM

I'm sick of hearing about the damn "Hippies" and their "Marijuana."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 5:14 AM

I am sick of Covid-19, being single, not having enough or any sex lately, wfh, not wfh, working in general, zoom, friends that suck. I'm sick of politics and optics and commas and sentence structure.

I want travel, excitement, to be able to go to a bar and have a conversation with someone random. I want naked men and jo sessions in the steam room at the gym. I want to get drunk in an airport bar and then stay drunk in flight with no masks.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 5:31 AM

I'm sick of my carpets.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 5:47 AM

I stopped looking at social media and limited my time looking at the news. My mood has improved greatly. Doomscrolling is detrimental to one's health.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 5:47 AM

I'm sick of traffic, both vehicular and human, in my neighborhood.

I'm sick of doing annoying administrative tasks and chores.

I'm sick of "civilization", and if I never set foot in a shopping mall or supermarket again it'll be too soon.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 5:53 AM

I'm sick of 90% of the food being sold to us being basically diabetes fuel.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 6:05 AM

R11 has got it 100% right. It's amazing how much you improve when you stop scrolling through social media and the news.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 6:38 AM

Surely you meant you want Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 8:25 AM

I hear you, OP. My sis is about to give birth to her first baby and it’s makes me sad knowing that he’ll be so full of life and wonder and then as he grows up he’ll have to learn what a crappy world this can be and how virtually everything is corrupt. But...I also have stage 4 cancer on top of everything, and I remind myself I have to enjoy each day and find beauty and things to love, like family, my dog, nature, good food. Gotta focus on the positive things

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 8:45 AM

Another gurl who is sick to death of politics and the news. I'm glancing at headlines and turning away. Soon it will be spring, time to open up the house and get outside again and garden and play tennis. Can't wait. The days are getting longer and there's no snow in the forecast this week! Woot!

Meanwhile I have my dildo and a couple of nice buds.

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 11:15 AM

I'm sorry, R16. Please enjoy each day. Sounds like you've got a lot to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2021 7:05 AM

[quote] I’m sick of Biden.

How is that even possible? He just sits in his office and governs. Nothing like the Pied Piper of Retardo.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2021 7:08 AM

OP, there is nothing wrong with you. Most of America feels the same way.

by Anonymousreply 20March 2, 2021 7:22 AM

R20 - American in Europe now and also sick of everything. When I first arrived in August 2019, I was a different person. Enjoyed the sounds, smells, exhibits and events around me. Dating, dining, going out. Stuck it out with the pandemic and tried to take joy in what was left here like some open stores (love browsing in other countries), cooking, walking around. Now? I am sick of the masks, the news, the idiots who post shit on social media as if everything was 2019, my job (where boss after boss has quit or been terminated this last year), my apartment (work from home and can't bear to wake up to it anymore), most of the idiots I am friends with, my COVID pounds, closed borders and just everything in general. I can't find the motivation anymore even to go walking around this beautiful lake with willow trees and where soon the lilacs will bloom....just exhausted.

I am definitely thinking of just taking a trip for Easter to Zanzibar (only place open and airplanes at half capacity) or something before I go nuts. My roommate says I am already nuts, so I can just go a sanitarium in Switzerland because I will fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 21March 2, 2021 7:47 AM

I have a temporary solution.

Let’s make our neighbors crazy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 2, 2021 7:57 AM

R16 Take care of yourself. How are you feeling? Going through chemotherapy or radiation?

by Anonymousreply 23March 2, 2021 7:58 AM

R16, are you going to be okay?

by Anonymousreply 24March 2, 2021 8:03 AM

[quote]What are you sick of?

Working in the same building as my coworkers... oh, wait!

by Anonymousreply 25March 2, 2021 8:57 AM

I want my gentleman callers not to have to wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2021 9:13 AM

You need to find an extra large, crazy thick, uncut black cock and suck on it for hrs. That'll cure what ails you.

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2021 9:17 AM

[quote]I just want to surround myself with beauty, music, great books, and kind and caring people. I want love, intimacy, puffy clouds and rainbows.

And yet you come to DL.

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2021 9:28 AM

Best wishes R16; I am sick of my job (though I know I am fortunate to be able to telework), sick of Dump supporters in my family & surrounding area, whining about the tyranny of the evil Joe Biden & treacherous Nancy Pelosi, I am sick of vaccination clusterfuck (though I know we are fortunate to even have vaccinations) and I'm annoyed that the Trump administrations tax changes now means that I owe a considerable amount of federal tax, which I never did before. I am sick of everything & in a cranky mood too, OP

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2021 9:45 AM

Same here, OP. Same here.

Totally understand.

This putrid miasma of all things offensive and combative has taken a huge toll on our souls. A toll on our backs and a toll on our smiles.

I cannot hang all of this on the shoulders of Donald Trump, but I hang it on him AND many of his acolytes.

These people have made living in America absolute hell for all of us who aren’t wealthy AF, and it has colored in all of the spaces of the missing colors in the collective, previously blank spaces, only to reveal a new shade of a hue we have never seen in such a wide distribution of the developing masterpiece which is nothing but a shit hole, void of all kindness and care.

I’m exhausted.

I never knew how debilitating living amongst unabashed indecency, truly is. Like an evolved vampire setting upon us, laughing when we offer our necks, as the monster wants our joy.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2021 9:52 AM

Best wishes to you R16. Congratulations to your sister and the baby.

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2021 9:53 AM

OP, I salute you. I'm sick of everything, too.

They call it weltschmerz (world sickness).

Nothing wrong with us that a major lottery jackpot can't fix.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2021 10:36 AM

I don’t understand why people would want to bring children into the world we now inhabit. At least my two friends (and their wives) who are trying make lots of money (lawyers), but still. What a world.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2021 11:16 AM

Remember the Donald's warning: "You are gonna be so bored if I lose"

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2021 11:18 AM

OP, there is nothing wrong with you. Most of the world feels the same way.

I'm sick of being lied to - not by those close to me, I'm very lucky in that regard, but those in power. That said, I am in a far better place than OP

R4 thats a very lovely pic of Nicolas, I aint seen that one (and believe me I seen most of them)

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 11:22 AM

I’m sick of cable news, politics, wokeness, outrage, sex scandals, red vs. blue, almost all forms of entertainment. I was very interested in Covid news but now that I got the shot, I don’t care as much.

I’m ready to travel and get out of my apartment.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 11:31 AM

I think I’ve grown sick of myself. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 37March 2, 2021 11:40 AM

traffic? where?

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2021 11:43 AM

OP - I'm sick of it all too.

I'm only hanging around for my pets and once they are deceased I'm making a final exit.

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2021 11:47 AM

R12 You sound like my clone! I want some acreage. I don't want any human activity within my line of sight.

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2021 11:54 AM

I’m sick of the Hoover. I want a new toy..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2021 12:13 PM

R22...If that doesn't get you up and moving, I don't know what will. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2021 12:57 PM

I talked to a friend today that is a clinical psychologist. He also told me that since this pandemic started and many are stuck in their homes, either due to things being closed, fear or contagion or even work from home, he has had an infinite rise in depression and anxiety that he hasn't seen in his whole career. Yet another thing he says is how people lost so many friends and acquaintances and life habits. It is pandemic fatigue at it's finest. I kind of sometimes envy the Rethug morons or the idiots I see here in Romania who don't believe in the virus. They are laughing and treating this like a party...it's a good time for the weaker minded and ignoramuses. If you have half a brain, there is no way this won't affect you.

by Anonymousreply 43March 2, 2021 8:44 PM

OP here. I have company! Thanks everyone! This is why I check in at DL regularly, R28. Sunshine, rainbows and rampant debauchery.

R30, "I never knew how debilitating living amongst unabashed indecency, truly is." You nailed it, the ongoing lies told by those drenched in wealth and power is infuriating and exhausting. I wanted to slap that creepy Senator Hawley to the moon this morning at the FBI hearing.

Today I'm elated. Stopped by one of my favorite thrift store, they support feral cats, and scored some midcentury modern items. Highball glasses and ice bucket, awesome 50s ceramic statue of a bird, highly stylized, a serving platter and other good stuff. Thrift shop therapy made my day.

by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2021 8:46 PM

R43, my doctor said the same thing. I finally went in for a wellness check and when he appeared in a mask and clear plastic head covering we both started laughing at the absurdity of our current situation. I am following al the directives to stay healthy, but the isolation is tough.

by Anonymousreply 45March 2, 2021 8:50 PM

R45 - what are you doing? Jogging or having Zoom calls? I find myself being ok late at night or early in the morning but by the afternoon I'm in a horrid slump of isolation.

by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2021 8:54 PM

R45 - also as to the isolation (((big hug))). We will get through this.

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2021 9:02 PM

R16 - how are you coping? Stage 4 is rough, but during COVID it must be worse. Are you on any special medication? My friend who had stage 3 lung cancer smoked 2 joints a day to keep up his appetite and stocked up on super foods.

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2021 9:10 PM

R23 thanks, and thanks for kind wishes, I didn’t want to hijack the thread with my particular woes because everyone legitimately feels shit. I’m not on chemo at the moment, I’m on something called a monoclonal antibody, it stops metastasised cancer growing and spreading. Life is such that my hospital visits are the extent of my social life and I strangely look forward to them. How sad is that. You know what, however, I made a chocolate and vanilla cream cake today and it was fucking heaven. I don’t have much energy but find cooking therapeutic.

by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2021 9:15 PM

R48 I’m actually not too bad, just bad fatigue and the drug I’m on really fucks up the skin, I’m always scratching. I meditate everyday, and I think without that I’d be a mess. On the whole I’m actually pretty ok right now. I just want the world to reopen so I can travel again and see friends or at least have a coffee somewhere. But who doesn’t! Thanks for asking :)

by Anonymousreply 50March 2, 2021 9:19 PM

Is there any left of that popcorn?

by Anonymousreply 51March 2, 2021 9:19 PM

I'm sick of everything too, AND sick of the cold.

I'm dieting so that this spring and summer I can dress beautifully in all my favorite things. Clothes are on sale everywhere since no one has any need for anything. I'm going to be chic as hell and take my kids to museums like crazy, as soon as it's warm enough and safe enough.

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2021 4:18 AM

I'm at the end of my mental rope, too. I'm in the Northeast and the winter has been pretty brutal. Thankfully, it looks like this will be the last really cold week, then 40s and 50s for the rest of the month.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2021 4:22 AM

I'm sick of stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2021 4:26 AM

R46, I just started walking every morning. Just get up and walk. I was taking longer hikes three times a week but got derailed with rain and cold. I'm taking shorter walks every day now and it's starting to help. I'm working from home mostly and slump in the late afternoon. Watch old movies and nap. I'm alone a lot and crave having a social life again.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2021 5:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!