Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'It's Time for a Nonbinary Category at Awards Shows'

[quote]How can we expect voters to take the time to educate themselves on the nuances and complexities of the gender of non-binary/trans people if the governing bodies of these award shows don’t make it a priority? [bold]How are the voters supposed to see the difference between, for example, a butch lesbian vs a non-binary performance or perhaps a trans person who also identifies as non-binary?[/bold]

[quote]I didn’t choose to be nonbinary, transmasculine and at times feminine expressed — this is who I have always been. This defines who I am. We are not the elephant in the room.

(Chandler Bing voice) Have you LOOKED at yourself lately?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 2, 2021 7:17 AM

How about a new competition called ‘The Tedious Awards’?

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 4:35 AM

What I think would make the most impact is a NonBinary Awards show in and of itself. And in all categories from entertainment, arts, science, literature, sports, etc. they obviously wouldn’t need separate gender categories and I think it will really help with visibility. Also they will be competing with each other and there won’t be any claims of discrimination if they don’t win. I bet the pronouns at the ceremony will be a bit of a nightmare though.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 4:38 AM

[quote] (Chandler Bing voice) Have you LOOKED at yourself lately?

Joey: Some girl ate Monica!

Monica: Shut up, the camera adds ten pounds.

Chandler: Ah, so how many cameras are actually on you?

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 4:40 AM

No to all of this.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 4:40 AM

It's time for biology and clear thinking to be mandatory school subjects.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 4:40 AM

'It's Time for a Category for Two-headed people at Awards Shows'

'It's Time for a Category for Botched-Surgery people at Awards Shows'

'It's Time for a Category for Crippled and/or Wheelchair people at Awards Shows'

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote]How can we expect voters to take the time to educate themselves on the nuances and complexities of the gender of non-binary/trans people

THEY. DON'T. CARE.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Just STOP!

Make the CRAZY JUST STOP!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 4:46 AM

"It's Time for a Category for Pretend Women With Big Black Dongs at Awards Shows"

--Laverne Cox

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 4:49 AM

What's the point of being a trans person who identifies as non-binary?

Isn't that like being a dog who identifies as cat that wants to be a dog?

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 4:49 AM

How about we do away with all of the fucking award shows? The viewership has gone down precipitously and all we get are complaints about not enough blacks or no award for transgenders. Just fuck it and let the egomaniacs wallow in their own filth.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 5:08 AM

What issue could possibly be more important than this??

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 5:10 AM

Do these people really think that 'non-binary' is going to catch on? That we're all going to fall all over ourselves trying to remember if you are They or Thou or Ya'll? There's going to be a lot of disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 6:54 AM

Being a butch lesbian isn't special enough?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 7:07 AM

Office pools cannot wait for "Best Trans person who also identifies as non-binary" vs. "Best trans person who does not identify as non-binary."

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 7:10 AM

Start with the Golden Raspberry Awards.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 7:12 AM

[quote](Chandler Bing voice) Have you LOOKED at yourself lately?

OP, this is a gay board. [italic]Friends[/italic] references are not welcome here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 7:13 AM

OP, you've just won the Go Fuck Yourself Award.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 7:23 AM

As the sibling of a trans person I applaud this decision. We need genderless categories like Best Director where it doesn't matter if you are an inseminator or a menstruator, you will be nominated based on your talent.

And if we don't acknowledge gender in acting roles then that solves the gender pay gay problem.

EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL ROLES!

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote] What issue could possibly be more important than this??

Are film awards ceremonies supposed to be important?

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 7:47 AM

A film awards troll. Don't you have a Fox News site to post on?

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 7:55 AM

r21 is committing LITERAL VIOLENCE!

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Lol what's next transmicrononbinaryvagina

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 8:08 AM

Next is you stick a knife up your asshole.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Let’s make this all about meeee! No one else just meeee! M’kay?

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 8:23 AM

R7 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 8:25 AM

Participation medals

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 8:25 AM

R3: That was weak.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 8:25 AM

Another tired troll thread. Sad, really. No where else to post? Come to Datalounge to tease the fags much?

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 8:28 AM

The troll behind this thread:

[quote]Documenting Radical Feminist Homophobia on Datalounge [quote]A thread for documenting radical feminist homophobia here, if you want to add anything.

is here.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 8:30 AM

And why is your headline in "quotations". Is this something that we've supposed to have said? Anybody say that here? A blah attempt to take down those pesky hollywood types AND those pesky nonbinary thingamajiggers? Half hearted at that.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 8:34 AM

[quote]Let’s make this all about meeee! No one else just meeee! M’kay?

Which is exactly what the straights said with gay and lesbian awards like the Dorians, but I kinda feel like you know that already.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 8:39 AM

[quote]And why is your headline in "quotations". Is this something that we've supposed to have said? Anybody say that here?

Nobody but OP said it, go out to Google and do a search and see that this thread is the only thing that comes up. OP's got a habit of faking quotations and DLers have a habit of just blindly believing whatever they're told. I don't know how they make it through the day without getting scammed a dozen times.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 8:40 AM

At a certain point Hollywood will have to put its foot down. They’ve created a monster (just like the GOP with Trump) by catering to SJW idiots on Twitter. It’s going to start costing them.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 8:40 AM

That thing's pronouns are oink/oink/oink.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 8:50 AM

I think they should create a non-binary award and place it in with the technical awards, the part of the show that isn't aired.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2021 8:54 AM

Just get rid of Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress and let them all duke it out.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote] Just get rid of Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress and let them all duke it out.

Fine with me since there are no non-men anyway.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2021 8:56 AM

.....We are not the elephant in the room

Yet OP picture showing it to be a fat creature in grey clothes LOL

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2021 9:16 AM

The Transtapo will not rest until Best Actress categories are filled with five penised persons with beards.

I think that's clear.

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2021 2:02 PM

Transtopo? Is that like Feminazi? Why do right wing Nazi trolls try to label everyone else Nazis? Oh that's right, they're shit.

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2021 4:52 PM

I’m sure we can all agree “Five-penised persons” deserves an award category of their own, R40!

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 5:06 PM

I literally just cannot with these people anymore! How fucking extra and special do they think they are, like Shehimtheythemtheirs calm down! Isn't it enough that we somehow decided to stop labeling you as mentally ill and decided to give you a place in society? Honestly it drives me fucking insane when I see pretend men on Grindr aka butch lesbians who decided they're men now so we have to call them men but they have vaginas, or dudes in dresses but they're women. Like, y'all are nuts and society is nuts for allowing this fuckery to continue. Personally I just wanna see the trans movement separated from gay issues because the majority of these gender freaks are not gay and just dilute our agenda!

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2021 5:23 PM

You know how people in the trans threads say it will lead to the erasure of women? Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2021 5:25 PM

Actually, it’s time to just have one category: Actor.

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2021 5:27 PM

R45, men will then win every time.

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2021 5:30 PM

R17 While the "gay Chandler" jokes were gross, some of those examples don't really support their argument. In the one where Ross thinks his kid's nanny might be gay, Ross is depicted as a homophobic jerk. Which he was.

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2021 5:30 PM

As soon as the awards become "Best Actor" and "Best Director," only straight men will be nominated.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2021 5:37 PM

What a frightening world! Oh no! I better kill myself now before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2021 5:38 PM

Sounds a lot like being named Miss North Dakota. Sure, you won and all. But how many competitors were there?

by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2021 5:40 PM

Obviously it's already "Best Director," but you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2021 5:40 PM

The Grammys have genderless categories and look how well that disappoints.

by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2021 5:43 PM

It does raise the question if someone like Theo Germaine from Billions and Work in Progress were to be nominated, in which category?

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2021 6:23 PM

And the winner for the most troll like troll thread goes to...

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2021 6:27 PM

R53 here. Just realized the non binary actor from Billions is a different person than the non binary actor from The Politician and Work in Progress.

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2021 6:33 PM

How exhausting these people are.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2021 7:52 PM

How would you like to see Ms non binary Anzoategui buck nekkid laying on the bed waiting for you?!!!

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2021 8:11 PM

All I see is a fat ugly woman. Annoying fat ugly woman.

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2021 8:17 PM

I'm interested to see what will happen with Sam Smith at the BRITs in May. If he's nominated for best male artist, the panel will be criticised for forcing "them" into the gender binary. Best female artist nomination: same problem. If he isn't nominated at all, I strongly suspect there will be accusations of transphobia, considering he was nominated after the release of both his previous albums. If he's nominated in both categories, the unfair advantage will be undeniable. If a new category is created for non-binary artists, there won't be enough nominees to fill it. And if the best male/female categories are removed after several decades just to appease one singer, a lot of people will find it ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 59March 1, 2021 8:31 PM

Someone with very few credits is worried about awards? They should be worried about paying the rent.

by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2021 8:37 PM

Bless her /it heart. I hope she/ it finds somewhat who will nice to her/ it .

by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2021 8:39 PM

Josh O'Conner could win that.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2021 8:49 PM

"Bless her /it heart. I hope she/ it finds somewhat who will nice to her/ it ."

Should read: Bless their heart. I hope they find somewhat who will nice to them.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2021 9:39 PM

R47, are you str8splaining homophobia. I'm not buying your defenses. The writers just used Ross to lampshade their own prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2021 9:52 PM

The "non-binary" woman on "Billions" was a regular actress for awhile. Long enough for people to know her as a she!

This strategic "non-binary" identity is a gimmick, like Miss Mazeppa. I for one would have preferred if she had decided to just bump it with a trumpet, something we all could enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 65March 2, 2021 4:52 AM

"Educate yourself".

These morons really think they're somewhat better than the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 66March 2, 2021 5:01 AM

And they’re ALWAYS fugs r66

by Anonymousreply 67March 2, 2021 5:15 AM

STOP with the INSANE focus on identity! The aren't even separate categories for men and women at these things.

by Anonymousreply 68March 2, 2021 5:54 AM

As a side note, "Vida" was an AWFUL show, and this fat old bull dyke was TERRIBLE in it. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

I lasted two episodes before bailing on it.

by Anonymousreply 69March 2, 2021 6:32 AM

Berlinale's categories are now genderless.

by Anonymousreply 70March 2, 2021 7:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!