Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vanessa Bryant slams Evan Rachel Wood for calling Kobe a ‘rapist’ after his death

[quote] Vanessa Bryant says that Evan Rachel Wood calling her late husband Kobe Bryant a “rapist” the day he died is “vile” and “disturbing.”

[quote] “YOU DON’T KNOW THE FACTS OF THE CASE,” she added. Vanessa sent the same message to film producer Abigail Disney, who tweeted at the time, “The man was a rapist. Deal with it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2021 4:36 AM

I hate how most celebs just change stances based on popular opinion (ie-all the people who signed that pro-Roman Polanski petition who speak out against him now), but I give Wood credit for being consistent.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 3:39 AM

Vanessa needs to get a fucking life. Evan made that comment over a year ago, and the gold digger who used to be married to a rapist has nothing better to do than live in the past. She’s a good example of the importance of rich women finding an identity outside of being their husband’s wife.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 3:40 AM

He was a rapist tho. Just because Vanessa was willing to accept a $4 million ring to forget about it doesn’t mean we have

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 3:44 AM

That was the first thing that went through my mind the day he died. “Didn’t he rape someone?”

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 3:45 AM

R2 Didn't he only marry her to avoid statutory rape charges? Also, IIRC, she and her mother planned out a big scheme to get him to marry her? I seem to remember that being gossiped about on here.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 3:49 AM

Kobe Bryant was a rapist. Period.

Truth hurts.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 3:52 AM

r5 Yes, I think the rumor goes: don't follow athletes too much, but he was engaged at the time and cheated on his fiance with Vanessa who lied about her age. After the deed was done, she and her mother threatened to go to the police for rape if he didn't marry her. This is why I was shocked that she pretty much disowned the mother after the deaths. Maye Vanessa learned to love Kobe for Kobe, but she wouldn't be living that lavish lifestyle her mother didn't help her.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 3:58 AM

Good breakdown of the accuser's story. She was 19 and from a wealthy family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 3:59 AM

Vanessa is a gold digger. She and her mother sucked that man dry and now they're fighting over his money. She needs to just go away and live off her unearned wealth.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 3:59 AM

As someone who lives in LA and has randomly come across people who have crossed paths with Mrs. Vanessa, I have never heard a single kind word about her. Quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 4:00 AM

Why engage with this tweet now? The timing is odd.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 4:00 AM

It’s sad his innocent daughter died but yeah wasn’t he a rapist?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 4:01 AM

He didn’t rape that girl, folks. It was a shakedown.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 4:03 AM

Who is Vanessa Bryant?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 4:10 AM

"After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

Those were Kobe Bryant's own words. If his people were willing to let him admit that then it was likely a lot worse. I get Vanessa Bryant is grieving but she is going after anyone who doesn't want to kiss the ground her husband walked on. He was a public figure, and even if he wasn't a rapist, she doesn't get to control how other people feel and think about him.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 4:13 AM

Vanessa does not seem well. If it had just been Kobe that died and not her daughter I think she’d be fine.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 4:14 AM

R13 You're a denier. Did you read the report at R8?

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 4:18 AM

You idiots. Kobe did NOT rape that woman. Anyone who knows anything about the case is well aware of this. He fucked her, she freaked out, cried rape, then couldn't go through with it, made millions and that's a wrap.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 4:18 AM

Vanessa’s nose job was the real crime.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 4:20 AM

Why is she bringing this up over a year later?!? She needs to use some of the millions her husband left her on a really good therapist and stop rehashing old tweets from a C-list actress.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 4:20 AM

How many rings and elaborate gifts did his wife get for her complicity and help in covering this up? She’s not going to change her story now.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 4:21 AM

R10 spill

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 4:43 AM

He admitted he raped her R18.

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 5:14 AM

The reaction to his death was so embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 5:19 AM

Team Evan RW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 5:48 AM

R25 Did she learn that move from Broadway’s Frozen?

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 5:50 AM

Perhaps the costume designer did, since 'Frozen' preceded that 'WestWorld' episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 5:54 AM

The sports hero-worship is even worse than celebrity worship.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 5:59 AM

R23 you mean his "admission" in the link upthread that he thought it was consensual, but that the "victim" might have thought of otherwise? Haha. Please. He said that to end the whole drama. And because it was the smart, efficient thing to do.

I knew an Eagle CO cop - who HATED Kobe and wanted him to be guilty with every fiber of his body. But he said he wasn't guilty of anything other than a quickie with a hotel worker.

I remember this very clearly because I'm from LA and was glued to the story. Frankly, I assumed he did rape her. Turns out I was wrong.

According to the cop they fucked. She panicked. And cried rape. That simple.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] He didn’t rape that girl, folks. It was a shakedown.

Yes, Vanessa.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 6:04 AM

[quote] Who is Vanessa Bryant?

She's Anita Bryant's twin, Rose. In her case, Anita is the evil twin.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 6:05 AM

Wow, is Kobe still sending cheques to his publicists from the grave?? They're working overtime on DL.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 6:21 AM

From what I remember, Kobe fucked her in the pussy and then tried to put it in her ass but I think she freaked out? I think he went to another room to jerk himself off. She also tried to give him oral but Kobe said she was clueless and didn't know what she was doing. (it was in the police report).

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 6:28 AM

Losing Gianna was too high a price for Vanessa. She was willing to turn a blind eye to all (100s) of Kobe's cheating on her, but to lose Gigi was not part of the arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 9:08 AM

[quote] I knew an Eagle CO cop

Doubtful.

[quote]I remember this very clearly because I'm from LA

Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 9:12 AM

I believe and stand with REW, this is a woman who threw her own mother out of the house, assassinated her character and disowned her when she interfered with her wealth.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2021 9:36 AM

Was it rape rape?

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2021 9:41 AM

Apology to his accuser, which was read in court by Bryant’s attorney:

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2021 10:37 AM

Girl found out that BBC was too big and hollered stop. He kept on pumping.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2021 10:55 AM

R39 If it's a BBC I never scream stop!

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2021 1:18 PM

Seems like he might have been.

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2021 1:32 PM

Whether he was guilty or not, the accusations happened. They are a part of his life and legacy. And there will ALWAYS be some people who believe them.

The overall assessment of his career and his life as a public figure after he died was overwhelmingly positive. The accusations were a blip that barely registered among the avalanche of accolades.

You'd think this woman could handle some criticism of her serial-philandering husband, guilty or not.

But then, her future wealth is tied to his legacy and his image, so it must be protected.

I guess this just proves she's still an immature, teenage golddigger at heart.

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 1:32 PM

I think the most troubling aspect of the case was the bruising the accuser sustained on her neck. After Kobe initially denied having sex with her the cops said they had physical evidence and he copped to consensual sex and said that choking women (side pieces, not Vanessa) was his "thing." The spots of the accuser's blood on Kobe's t-shirt also didn't look good for him. It's not surprising that the accuser ended up refusing to testify because her identity was leaked to the media and she received death threats; a public apology and a settlement were probably more important to her than a criminal conviction.

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2021 2:29 PM

There are in fact some vile scumbags that have to continue to attack a person that is isn't even around to defend himself anymore. Anyone that does this deserves a fate worse than Kobe's. More power to Vanessa!

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2021 2:45 PM

Evan Rachel Wood is a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2021 2:54 PM

R18 She reported it immediately, Kobe denied having any sex at first until he was told semen samples were taken. She sounds credible. he doesn't. The victim was going against a powerful man and realized she would be vilified and she settled Now Karma's got him and took his daughter too!

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2021 3:33 PM

Kobe dated Beyoncé during her Destiny's Child era and said she was "bad in bed." Their relationship (and that comment) got quite a bit of press at the time, but has mostly been scrubbed for the internet.

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2021 3:45 PM

Kobe may be a legend to basketball fans, but in fact to a significant portion of the public he is best known as an asshole who got away with anally raping a woman and later got himself, his daughter and a helicopter full of other people killed by demanding to be flown in unsafe conditions.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2021 3:46 PM

She’s gonna be “calling out” any less than flattering comments about Kobe until she dies. Bitch, you have hundreds of millions. Enjoy your kids, your money and disappear

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2021 3:47 PM

Because the rape charges continually remind her and the public of her gold digging ways. So she wants to shut that convo down.

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2021 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!