Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry to Oprah: “My biggest concern was history repeating itself" re: Diana

The Duke of Sussex, who shocked Britain when he and his wife, Meghan, stepped back from royal duties, has told the US interviewer Oprah Winfrey that he had worried about history repeating itself.

CBS has released two brief clips from Winfrey’s interview of the couple, which is scheduled to air on 7 March. It is the first TV interview they have given since making California their home last year.

“My biggest concern was history repeating itself,” Harry said, apparently referring to his mother, Diana, who died at age 36 in a car crash in Paris while being pursued by paparazzi.

In the Winfrey clips Harry, 36, was seated next to Meghan, 39, and holding her hand. The couple have announced they are expecting their second child.

“I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting her talking to you with my wife by my side,” Harry said. “Because I can’t imagine what it must have been like for her [Diana], going through this process by herself all those years ago. Oprah with Meghan and Harry: masterstroke or disaster? Read more

“It’s been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other.”

In the clips, Winfrey said that no subject was off limits and at one point tells the couple “you have said some pretty shocking things here” including that their situation had been “almost unsurvivable."

Before they moved to California, the couple had complained about the British tabloids’ treatment of Meghan – whose father is white and mother is African-American – some of which they said amounted to bullying or racism.

This month Buckingham Palace announced the couple would not be returning to their lives as working members of the royal family.

In an interview with James Corden for the US programme The Late Late Show last week, Harry said he minded the intrusions of the media into his family’s life much more than the miniseries The Crown, which was “obviously fiction”.

He said the British press created a “difficult environment” that was destroying his mental health but insisted he “didn’t walk away” from the royal family. “It was stepping back rather than stepping down.”

He said: “So I did what any husband, what any father would do. It’s like: ‘I need to get my family out of here.’ But we never walked away.” He added: “I will never walk away. I will always be contributing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 4, 2021 1:43 AM

Harry's the one repeating himself.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2021 1:26 AM

He has nothing to worry about--nobody likes or gives two shits about Meghan. Diana was widely hated and loved.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2021 1:26 AM

Doesn't this belong on the First World problems thread?

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2021 1:27 AM

ANOTHER thread...

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2021 1:28 AM

"Their situation had been “almost unsurvivable."

Yes, living in opulent luxury is SO "unsurvivable." What a pair of cunts. I think this interview is going to backfire on them big time. They sound like the most self-pitying assholes imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2021 1:32 AM

I love Harry, and if he loves Meghan, that's enough for me. I like the woman, unlike many on this site, but that's probably because I'm not obsessed with her or the rest of the Windsors. It's fun to discuss them, but some of the posters here are stalkers exhibiting some disturbing sociopathic behavior. I hope to remember to watch the interview.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2021 1:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2021 1:35 AM

Sure, why not? Everybody F&F R4.

I have.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 1:36 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth, r8.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 1:37 AM

Why can't you slobbering cuntflaps just have one thread about these people R8/R9?????

Why start a thread every time this is a whiff of the same news being reported again and again and clogging up DL with your nasty racist horseshit?

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 1:41 AM

R7: "CBS interview due for broadcast on March 7 may have to be re-shot and edited due to turmoil in royal family." If anything happens to his grandfather this week, it's going to have to be more than re-shot.

And biting the hand that feeds you? Harry "said he can't imagine what his mother went through 'going through this process by herself'" That's enough to close the Bank of Dad.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 1:41 AM

I doubt the press were hiding in bushes or chasing her on scooters, as soon as she started being a cunt having a front page pic of her became poison.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 1:42 AM

Because there's nothing racist about it, R10 Come up with a better excuse.

You don't seem to have one.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 1:44 AM

I could see him being worried for his wife Diana’s death must have been traumatizing but why don’t these people just stay out of the spotlight then? Do they need money that badly?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 1:47 AM

For those of you claiming racism has nothing to do with it, here’s a reminder:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]"Meghan's Oprah interview shows him saying he feared 'history repeating itself'

He was afraid he might start dating Dodi al-Fayed, so he married Markle?

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Meghan wearing Diana-level of black eyeliner and also, a black and white outfit, just like Diana wore for her Bashir interview. Well, no one ever accused Meghan of being subtle....

Also, doesn't the greatest danger in terms of "repeating history" start with letting go of the RPO protection, just like Diana did? The RPO would never have allowed Diana to get into a car with a drunk driver and would have insisted she wore a seatbelt. The seatbelt alone would have saved her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 1:55 AM

r15, that article just makes the same basic error that all of Meghan's stans repeatedly make: Meghan and Kate are NOT comparable even though they are both royal duchesses are married to brothers.

Meghan is married to a man who will never be closer to the throne than he is today: #6--he will only get further away from the throne as he ages. So Meghan is just the wife of a minor princeling and she will never be more than a duchess. Kate will one day be the queen of the UK: OF COURSE the newspapers are going to treat her with more respect.

It's as if some of you mistakenly think becoming royal (as Meghan did) means admission to a club where everyone royal is equal with one another: that's just not true, and it cannot be. It's a rigid hierarchy based entirely on birth order; and if it weren't, it would have no point.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] Kate will one day be the queen of the UK: OF COURSE the newspapers are going to treat her with more respect.

Don’t give me that crap you stupid twat.

DIANA would have been the queen one day and look at how the press treated *her*.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 2:03 AM

Please...Meghan's no Diana, no matter how hard she tries to be.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 2:05 AM

Meghan was a struggling D List actress nobody had ever heard of, and she wasn't getting any younger. Don't think for a minute she wouldn't trade the "difficulties" she's faced for her former life.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 2:06 AM

She WOULD trade, I meant. All the negative stuff is worth it for the perks. It's not like she was a A Lister.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 2:07 AM

R15's link proves that Meghan haters are the self-same racist UK and US Qunts. A basket of Deplorables & Rebaggers.

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 2:07 AM

Plus Diana wore a classic black suit for the Panorama interview.. MM could never look that good.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 2:08 AM

Most people don't like Meghan because they know a grifter con when they see one. BTW, she's never been black in her life and she wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 2:09 AM

Harry is a classless little shit.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 2:10 AM

Harry is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 2:10 AM

The insane papparazi chasing of Diana was in two separate stages, r19: BEFORE she was married, and then AFTER she and Charles were separated. While she was officially in the BRF it was just loads of pictures at scheduled public events.

In other words, once it was clear she would not be Queen, they started in on her again. But don't forget, Diana called the Paps on many occasion, too. Hell, she called Royal editor Richard Kay from Paris on the night she died.

"Richard Kay, the Daily Mail reporter she called on the night she died, had long been a favoured confidant, of course. But what isn't so well-known is that the Princess was also in regular and close contact with the editors of the red-top titles. As in Kay's case, the idea was to keep these assignations Secret. The difference is that, unlike the dealings with Kay -- who was famously photographed meeting her in a car in a Bayswater back alley-- that is the way they have remained until now."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 2:12 AM

Harry gets me as moist as a crumpet at the bottom of a cup of oolong.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 2:15 AM

I can't BELIEVE they felt the need to ITALICIZE "in" in their fking 3-word slogan. No social media manager, web designer or copywriter would EVER recommend this. The Sussexes MUST emphasize! Is it to remind THEMSELVES or because their STANS are that STUPID?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 2:15 AM

Megs shoulda worn that grey lemon dress here. Much better choice than this.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 2:17 AM

R7: The belly cup is back! As are the tragic lip fillers.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 2:17 AM

Jesus Christ can he shut up about his mother already? Someone put him and Meghan McCain on a deserted island. They can have their eternal grief parties and leave the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]“My biggest concern was history repeating itself"

As in having a psychologically disordered egomaniac seeking revenge against a loveless marriage and a system that did not "value" her (ie bow to her ignorance and ignore centuries of order and - crassly - a well-set PR plan) by acting out, lying, causing division, insulting the Crown and getting herself killed after a divorce by speeding unsafely with a spoiled Middle Eastern heir to a retailer and getting herself killed, stupidly?

That's a load of concern.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 2:54 AM

It’s like he’s forgotten Kate went through the ringer when she got together with William. The press always goes after the “fresh meat”

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 2:55 AM

Oprah: “well as long as Meghan always wears her seatbelt, you’re fine!”

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2021 2:56 AM

These two. Harry seems to be comparing their situation to hers, when in fact there is no similarity. Diana got divorced from the heir, stayed in the UK, and continued her charity work. She was being chased by paps but died because her driver was drunk, and she didn't have her seatbelt on. That's what killed her.

Harry has left the UK entirely, of his own accord, to live in the US to be independent and make money. The paps did not chase him in the UK, and are not chasing him in the US either (same for Meghan). He is not under imminent threat of this. Everyone in both countries knows this. What are they going on about? What's the aim here?

If they screw this big show up, they may never get their brand off the ground in the US.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2021 2:58 AM

The level of MM obsession with being Diana is just astounding.

She's not Diana. No one is going to chase her to get a picture. No one is checking for her.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2021 3:00 AM

It doesn't matter what they say because Oprah will talk over them, interrupt their sentences and start another question.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2021 3:01 AM

Harry = the snobbery of Royalty.....But without a crown. And Megan was nothing but a C-List actress. She wasn't exactly racking up acting awards on Suits.

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2021 3:02 AM

May this interview be as successful as Andrew’s.

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2021 3:02 AM

“My biggest concern was history repeating itself"

If only...

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 3:03 AM

What's the point of leaking these clips ahead of time? Such a high-profile interview is already guaranteed to get good ratings - there's no need to build publicity through teasers. If anything, this just increases the chances of it being an anti-climax.

When Martin Bashir's Michael Jackson documentary first aired in the UK, the press hadn't been shown any preview tapes beforehand. No one had any idea that he was going to claim he'd had no plastic surgery other than two nose jobs, or talk about sleeping with children, or just generally prove he was even loopier than the press portrayed him to be. By the time it aired in the US a few days later, all the big revelations were already splashed all over the papers, so the impact just wasn't the same.

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2021 3:05 AM

This is MM. She's going squeeze as much press out of this as possible.

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2021 3:07 AM

In true Diana Panorama fashion, Do we reckon Harry or Meghan will say William isn’t fit to be king?

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2021 3:08 AM

The belly cupping is obvious and insane, Does she sit like that for the entire two hours? After all the flak she got the first go-round, you'd think she learned.

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2021 3:09 AM

R43 that was 20 years ago. The world is different. Press is different. They’re chumming the waters.

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote]The level of MM obsession with being Diana is just astounding.

It's also Harry's obsession with turning her into Diana that's weird as well. That's totally how he sees her. It's as much his problem as hers.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2021 3:14 AM

Is she going to lecture us on saving the planet while she sits there in her five thousand dollar bathrobe?

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2021 3:28 AM

God what a crybaby attention whore. Grow the fuck up! You’re pushing 40 and have your second kid on the way!

by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2021 3:32 AM

She will, onn the grounds of her how many million dollar estate in Montecito, R49, the home of "Compassion in Action" or, perhaps as they'll belatedly realize, CIA.

And they pay people to do shit like this for them?

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2021 3:32 AM

The “Squad” is so lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2021 3:43 AM

This is it? Will they now finally leave the stage? They wanted away from press.

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2021 3:44 AM

So they've been interviewed by James Corden and Oprah. What are they going to do next year? They blew their PR wad too early. Corden may have them back but Oprah got her scoop and she'll be finished with them.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2021 3:48 AM

The replies under r52's link are pure toxicity. It's almost like they don't even like Meghan, they just hatehatehate Kate and William. a few of the comments are literally criticizing K & W for breathing - yes - for breathing.

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2021 3:48 AM

I loathe how Markle is using racism as a shield for the simple fact that she couldn't stand the pressure cooker. As for Harry, he should be sitting with a therapist -- not Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2021 4:01 AM

Compassion in Action. Not even original. Quite derivative, actually.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2021 4:14 AM

Oh brother. I bet she made it a requirement that she be asked about "being silenced."

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2021 4:15 AM

said he can't imagine what his mother went through 'going through this process by herself'"

Daft ginger twat, your mother CHOSE to do Panorama, and you CHOSE to do Oprah! No one's holding a gun to his head making him talk and if he and his mother had any dignity, they wouldn't

by Anonymousreply 59March 1, 2021 4:25 AM

JUST LET ME FUCKIN DIE BEFORE THEY AIR THAT ORPAH WOMANS INTERVIEW FOR FUCKSSAKE

by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2021 4:26 AM

just saying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2021 4:28 AM

I can't...word salad for 90 mins plus commercials?

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2021 4:41 AM

I actually have more time for Wallis Simpson, she dressed better than Meghan, had her own style and didn't copy others, and she had the sense to keep her mouth shut!

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2021 4:43 AM

Yet another program of Ginger doing his Oh Mummy, Mummy whinge. And Megs doing her White Royal folk are the cause of my misfortune whinge. The mind boggles at Oprah's decision to provide a platform for whingeing that has already been repeated ad nauseum.

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2021 4:49 AM

All that, R63 and Wallis did a better job of keeping her little man from looking so foolish.

The Oprah interview will end up the same way Diana’s did: making them look worse, not better.

Given their track record of endless whining while living in the lap of luxury, more of the same’s not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 65March 1, 2021 4:52 AM

Markle is a liar. She barely did anything for the royal family. She hated living in the UK. She was plotting to leave from the very start. And then when she got criticized for barely showing up, being an ungrateful bitch and grifter, she sued the press. Her claim of racism didn't surface until later...and then when that became the hot button issue, she played it for all it was worth. Markle is a phony and no one likes phonies.

The bogus accusations of racism and "I've got to get my family out of here became the rallying cry. Yes, sure some of the media played the race card, but it was minor and click bait. But the bottom line is these two just don't want to admit--they're not liked. They're two assholes.

by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2021 4:53 AM

Hopefully they will be able to help this fucked up world in some way, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2021 5:04 AM

R67 The fucked-up don't help, don't improve. They just fuck it up all the more.

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote] Because there's nothing racist about it, [R10]

Racist or not, there’s no need to start a thread about these people every 10 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2021 5:09 AM

“My mum died!!!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2021 5:19 AM

r19 Diana was divorced so no she wasn't going to become Queen. Was Diana really a passive victim with the media?

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2021 5:26 AM

If Diana's story unfolded today she would never be the sensation she was back then. The world has changed so much.

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2021 5:34 AM

The Duchess of Windsor was a clever PR woman. I remember watching an old interview she and the duke gave. When asked about the abdication crisis, all she said was 'we've had our troubles, but who hasn't? We're happy now.' Unlike Markle, she knew better than to wine about her lot in life. #teamwallis

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2021 5:43 AM

With that outfit and makeup, Megs looks like she is doing Kabuki.

by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2021 5:46 AM

Another DLer commented on another thread that if Oprah were really smart she would not let the racism accusations cloud her judgement and she would dig deeper. I just don't think Oprah would be able to not fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2021 5:50 AM

r72 1000% true . The Diana photo was very specific to its time and off its time. She'd never have fared anywhere near so well in todays society especially social media.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2021 5:53 AM

Ohhh....I get it now. After the unsurvivable question, Megs is gonna ping pong a tortured, knowing look back and forth btwn Haz and Opes while saying nothing for abt 2 mins. So we can see that she is still struggling with being censored vy BRF amidst her terrible, awful and continuing abuse by the media. Then she will finally utter some platitude like "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." I mean, it's so fking scripted and barfy.

by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2021 5:54 AM

r76 Sorry that should say Diana phenomenon not Diana photo!

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2021 5:54 AM

r10, we absolutely are not the ones constantly publicizing the Sussexes. They are aggressively publicizing themselves. This piece is a top headline story today in The Guardian.

if you have a problem with all the stories about them, then complain to THEM, not to us.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2021 5:55 AM

I'm old enough to remember the 1980s, my god Diana really was a phenomenon. Nothing like that exists today, nor could it.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2021 5:55 AM

Oprah? Is she on TV again? When is this?

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2021 6:00 AM

Oprah spent millions trying to give Lohan a comeback. This should be about as successful.

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2021 6:01 AM

[quote] [R10], we absolutely are not the ones constantly publicizing the Sussexes

You are the ones constantly starting threads about them on DL. The fact that there was a story about them in the Guardian today did not obligate you to start a thread about the story. Nobody cares how much they publicize themselves in the media. The point is that most of us don’t want them cluttering up DL all the time.

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2021 6:07 AM

Then go somewhere else, r83. This thread has got 84 responses in 4 hours. People are interested in talking about this.

You are not the arbiter of DL content, you censorious cunt.

Fuck off elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2021 6:16 AM

Will they brag about their imaginary billions? Will Sparkle tear up as she reminds us that she had a miscarriage while changing Archie's diaper? Will she blame said miscarriage on the press, her lawsuit, the brf, or the fucking errant crayon?

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2021 6:26 AM

[quote] This thread has got 84 responses in 4 hours. People are interested in talking about this.

Whoop-de-doo. I’m sure they’d be just as interested if you freaks could keep it to one or two threads total, instead of one or two new ones every hour.

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2021 6:30 AM

he's so ugly and inbred looking and they're both desperate for attention

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2021 6:31 AM

I hope this stupid, tedious, whoa-is-me interview bombs and backfires on all three of them. Netflix, Spotify, you've got yourself a couple insufferables. We know you didn't pay them as much as has been reported. Cut your losses.

by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2021 6:52 AM

What a bruising slam against Prince Charles (not that he doesn't deserve it) when Harry said: "I can't imagine her (Diana) going this process by herself."

One the other hand, Harry is so full of shit: "It's ben unbelievably hard for the two of us." These exhausting, entitled never had it so good. Maybe it was hard because they were plotting to leave from the very start, so yes, I suppose any criticism was getting to them as the family and press were infringing on the Harkles' plans as they lived in the lap of luxury.

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2021 7:00 AM

so tiresome. always the victim.

I think he needs more therapy. seems like he's stuck in the past. MOVE THE FUCK ON!!!

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2021 7:49 AM

Agreed, r89. It's a bruising slam against everyone who were there to help her through those years. Diana was somewhat isolated, but she was not "alone". She, unlike, Harry, had trusted longtime servants, like Paul Burrell, she had her lifelong group of girlfriends from school, she had her three sisters and her brother, she had her lovers, and she had the good will and sympathy of the Queen right up until the Bashir interview. She also had her two boys.

She may have not had a good marriage, which is hardly ideal, and she was lonely, but she was not alone. Look at her funeral. Many of the people in attendance were very much in her corner and had helped her in myriad ways throughout the ordeal.

In some ways, Harry seems more alone, cut off from his entire network - all his trusted advisors, all his friends, and especially from his brother, than Diana seemed to be.

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2021 7:49 AM

Oprah's hair is so thick! or is that a wig?

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2021 8:10 AM

R38 - I mean I don't see how she is trying to be like Diana. She could have stayed in the UK and glammed it up instead of moving to "rich bumbuck" California and wearing frumpy clothes.

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2021 8:25 AM

No she couldn't, r93, because "glamming it up" in the UK involved

A) Not being able to monetize her title and

B) Being mid-pecking order rather than top of the pile and

C) Prevented her from isolating Harry sufficiently to wield total control over him (what she gets out of the isolation with him) / make him feel secure with Mommy (what he gets out of isolation with her)

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2021 8:54 AM

R91. Charles was a dick to Diana. He was an insensitive, cruel, abusive piece of shit who cheated on his marriage before it even began. Yes, Diana had people around her, but Charles was her husband and he and the entire royal family worked to deceive Diana. They thought she was disposable and should have put up with his bullshit. And Harry just let the whole world know again just how much of a piece of shit his father was. Harry just twisted the knife into dear old dad again--not that he doesn't deserve it.

Harry and Markle on the other hand can no way in a million years compare themselves to Diana. Regardless of Diana's relationship with some of the press, she was hounded every minute of every day yet she still did her job as Princess of Wales and a senior member of the BRF. Harry and Markle did nothing but plot their departure. They pissed on their role to serve.

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2021 8:58 AM

Charles was not brought up to believe that he had any obligation to be faithful to whomever he married, r95. It was a different time, with different standards for the Prince of Wales.

The recognition that this standard was ridiculously outdated is why we see such a drastic change in how William was allowed to choose his wife - through long years of dating and living together with Kate. Don't forget, Diana was 'chosen' because she was a virgin, and never lived with Charles in the same apartments until her wedding night. Very different times.

But you are right, by our standards he was a complete asshole to her. And by her standards too: those 12 years difference in their ages was like marrying two different generations, such was the pace of social change by that time. Also, she never read any books but romances, and was considered unusually 'unworldly' by even the standards of the time at her marriage. People such as her grandmother commented on how romanticized her views on marriage were, compared to that of her peers.

But, I take your point. Charles was very much in the wrong for continuing to carry on with Camilla the entire way through. He never should have broken off with Camilla once he started dating Diana, and at the very least he should have stopped once Diana objected, as his family had told him to do. And I say that as someone who appreciates Camilla. He did very wrong by Diana in that - although I think that Mountbatten and co had raised him to think otherwise at the time.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2021 9:16 AM

^^^ He should have broken up with Camilla, not "never should have"

^^^^ It was 13 years difference in their ages, not 12

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2021 9:26 AM

Camilla was just as much of a piece of shit as Charles. She should have backed off. But she inserted herself into Diana's marriage, which was cruel and inappropriate beyond words. Charles and Camilla are old fucks now, but in the time of Diana, the two of them were evil conniving lowdown scum who not only made Diana miserable but also made William and Harry's life hell for the world to see. Charles and Camilla were rotten to the core.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2021 10:33 AM

Camilla personally chose Diana for Charles.

Without Camilla, Diana would have been just another County Wife. Diana's entire life would have been different without Camilla's insistence.

And Harry would never have been born, and Meghan would still be a D-list actress.

You Megstans have more to thank Camilla for than you think.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2021 10:39 AM

I agree with r48, he is fixated on making mm into Diana. Megan though seems to have recognized very early on his obsession with his mother/ her death and his hatred of the press, and has fed into it enough to spur him into action. Harry always wanted out of the firm, MM is thirsty enough to be the one to blow the whole thing up. Poor Harry is not the brightest.

Going on James Corden has cheapened their brand considerably, it was cringey and I love Harry.

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2021 10:49 AM

Scuse me! Can we get this back to being all about me? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2021 11:04 AM

A young girl from a broken home grows up to marry a Prince of England, orchestrate a fairy tale wedding watched by the entire world, and have a child who secures a future that will never include worrying about where her next meal will come from?

My heart just can't break enough.

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2021 11:29 AM

Why are the couple of people here so obsessed with these 2? I see this thread has been FFed into grey? Why not take a hint and stop creating non-stop threads about this. Who on earth cares?

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2021 11:30 AM

OR - maybe you could just stop reading threads about "these two" and leave the rest of us alone, r103?

That's a thought.

by Anonymousreply 104March 1, 2021 11:35 AM

Can we talk about the picture of them with Oprah? What is going on with his shoes and socks? They look way to casual and do no match the suit. It is like a 12 year old dressed himself. I know it is a small thing, but why not make the effort?

by Anonymousreply 105March 1, 2021 11:44 AM

You're wrong, you're all wrong!

HARRY THINKS HE IS DIANA! Not Meghan! He thinks he inherited her role at the charismatic Prince of People's Hearts that everyone loved, the soul of the Institution, and felt immense pressure from it (according to an old interview someone posted). He said she had "huge shoes to fill" or something and referenced himself, not Megs.

Meghan presents herself as an ambitious, media savvy, modern marketer- it's very common in my millennial women friends who aren't actually smart. Very self possessed and practiced in their buzzword filled presentations. I think he was dazzled by her American polish and thought SHE could help HIS brand.

And come on dicks, let us have this. We're bored, they're great fun and so dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 106March 1, 2021 11:46 AM

She styles him, r105. Have you not noticed the constant dirty greys he wears since she met him? That's her idea of 'style', and he needs Mommy to tell him what to wear, so that's what he wears.

by Anonymousreply 107March 1, 2021 11:47 AM

Hmmm, r106. This an interesting possibility...

by Anonymousreply 108March 1, 2021 11:49 AM

another hate thread.

You guys will love this. I told you in the other thread that it was all your fault. The psychics had said that Harry & Meaghan wouldn't have lasted more than 5 years before they were divorced BUT because they moved away from the UK and the tabloids they will now live a relatively happy life with no divorce. you gave him up so now you can give it up.

by Anonymousreply 109March 1, 2021 11:53 AM

Don't be ridiculous, r109.

Harriet and Smug will stay married either she meets a rich man willing to marry her or until the children become drug addicts in their early teens. That will be the point at which he puts his foot down, and the same point at which Meghan will release her nuclear bomb of recorded chats with him, showing that he was the terrible influence on them.

Your Meg has already thought all of this through, I promise.

by Anonymousreply 110March 1, 2021 11:58 AM

[quote]R99 Without Camilla, Diana would have been just another County Wife. Diana's entire life would have been different without Camilla's insistence.

Yes, her life would have been different. She’d have been happier, and still living.

by Anonymousreply 111March 1, 2021 12:00 PM

She would indeed, r111.

And Meghan would still be sucking dick in Toronto and California for D-list roles.

Camilla was the best thing that ever happened to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 112March 1, 2021 12:01 PM

Great news! The Dim and Dimmer interview with Oprah has been extended to 2 hours! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 113March 1, 2021 12:04 PM

Well, if the Sussexes found their brief tenure as working royals practically unsurvivable, how are they going to withstand the onslaught of ridicule and subsequent neglect from the public which is sure to be coming their way after this interview?

by Anonymousreply 114March 1, 2021 12:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2021 12:07 PM

Well, well, well!

It's now 120 minutes instead of a paltry 90!

Every extra minute they stay on screen increases the chances that they will extend themselves Enough Rope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote]“My biggest concern was history repeating itself" re: Diana

Mine too.

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2021 12:17 PM

R3 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2021 12:18 PM

R109 - Did the astrologist consulted have any input on the next Euro Lottery numbers? I know we'd all rush out and play them instantly given the credibility that actual science has proved astrology to possess.

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2021 12:20 PM

Is Harry pregnant too?

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2021 12:20 PM

What are the odds that PP will be turning up his toes before this interview airs?

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2021 12:21 PM

Are they going to be blamed for killing his grandfather?

Not a good look for Oprah, either.

Harry looks like he’s trying to pull down the BRF tent to avenge his dead mother.

Not a good look for him, either.

Meghan doesn’t give a shit. If she did she’d have the decency to shut up.

Not a good look for any of them..

by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2021 12:22 PM

If he does, the Harkles are well and truly cooked, r121

by Anonymousreply 123March 1, 2021 12:22 PM

Well, we all knew this would be the line taken - in fact, we probably could have written up the entire interview and handed it to Oprah and the Harkles.

There is doe-eyed Meghan in a mostly black dress, cradling her bump, looking sombre as she recounts her hideous time in the dungeons of Windsor Castle, being fed on bread and water and dressed in rags, and forgetting to mention that without that "nearly unsurvivable" time in the British Royal Family, she acquired just enough fame to earn an interview with Oprah, a $14 million home, a fortune in designer, and the life in the fleshpots of California that she had always wanted, but couldn't get on her own merits.

There is Harry, holding his wife's hand, playing the Diana Card for all it's worth, and conveniently forgetting how Diana manipulated the press like a pro, ruined two marriages, and stalked Oliver Hoare with hundreds of phone calls, dying at last in the arms of a middle-aged playboy with a history of drug use, son of one of the most corrupt men on the planet, who couldn't go for a pee without asking his Dad first.

These two lying ingrates know perfectly well that Harry's family will not engage in some line by line refutation of every exaggeration, falsehood, accusation, and exercise in self-pity that have become the calling cards of these two. Oprah know it, as well.

As for Oprah's assertion that "nothing is off the table" - actually, we know that quite a bit is "off the table", and that is, anything that contradicts or questions the narrative that Harry and Meghan have selected.

Meanwhile, Prince Philip has just been taken to another hospital for "testing and observation". It is clear that Harry's grandfather is sicker than the Palace has been willing to admit publicly, and Charles' doleful face after leaving his father's bedside wasn't fanciful.

If the interview continues, as it appears to be doing, on the path that we all expected it to, the response of the Palace will be interesting. If the Queen hasn't yet decided to remove their HRHs and Harry's ducal title (and, contrary to assertions, she does not need Parliament to do either - in fact, in response to a very large petition sent to Parliament on that very topic, Parliament punted back to the Palace, stating publicly that "This is a matter for the Queen."), the Harkles may just be giving her the ammo she needs in this interview.

After which, all bridges will be completely burnt, and the Windsor door will close on Meghan and Harry for good. If the Queen passes on the opportunity this interview will give her, she, and the BRF, deserve everything this pair will continue to do in an attempt to damage them and undermine them.

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2021 12:33 PM

R122 - Agreed.

If these two had any real stature in terms of real suffering, losses, and philosophical breadth, this would play like Greek tragedy on the order of Oedipus and the Curse of the House of Atreus.

I wonder if, in their obsessive need to paint themselves as victims, as she sits there in a $5,000 dress and a $13,000 bracelet, fresh off purchase of a $14 million home, they will have inadvertently overplayed their hand.

Walter Bagehot, who wrote the book, so to speak, on constitutional monarchy and it's dos and don'ts, once said "A princely marriage is the splendid edition of a universal fact."

In that sense, Harry's nearly lunatic demonisation of his rather ordinary and for the most part loving family, which spoilt him, cosseted him, cleaned up his messes, got him passed through Eton and Sandhurst despite a staggeringly low ability to master even modest academic work (including the exam for Major in the army), Harry's obsession with his mother's death and his need to punish someone, anyone, for her loss, is the princely edition of another universal fact: there's always one kid in the family who is beyond the reach of reason, indulgence, argument, appeasement, or logic, and needs to blame said family for every unhappy feeling and event in his life, to the end of his days.

And Meghan is the princely edition of another universal fact: the narcissist who perceives that the obsession of her mark is something she can milk, utilise, encourage, and manipulate on behalf of her own personal agenda.

On a purely psychological level, the banality of it all is fascinating. There probably isn't a family in the world that hasn't had a similar experience somewhere down the line.

In this case, as Bagehot would be the first to point out mournfully, as always, what happens in the monarchical family isn't so different, just writ much, much large.

It's both sad and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2021 12:47 PM

If Philip dies, I strongly suspect the airing of the interview will be postponed. Harry won't want to upset the Queen or Charles while they're grieving.

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2021 12:53 PM

If what you’re saying is right, R126, do you really think it won’t upset them later when it is shown?

by Anonymousreply 127March 1, 2021 1:14 PM

R126 - I think at this point, it is clear that Harry is being ridden by emotional demons that preclude any finer sensibilities of the fitness of certain things.

And the advertisers who are paying huge sums won't appreciate the delay, either.

Lastly, delaying the interview would give the BRF and it's celebration of Commonwealth Day on that same evening an open field.

Running the interview even two weeks after the photos of the widowed Queen in her black veil, red-eyed William and Kate in black are splattered across the headlines, will lessen the heat on the Sussex iron and make them look even worse.

They won't delay it. They will, of course, publish heartfelt condolences to Gran and Omid Scobie will assure the world that Harry called the Queen personally, and then go on to put the boot in.

My guess is that at this point, with the trailer pointing toward Harry and Meghan eagerly throwing Britain and the monarchy and the royal family under the bus to excuse their greed, resentment, hypocrisy, and unwillingness to undertake the truly boring work that senior royals do but insistence on keeping the trappings of same, Harry will not be attending the funeral of his grandfather OR his grandmother. Of course, Harry can always cite the dangers of flying whilst the pandemic is still raging.

If Philip dies before the interview is aired, it will probably deal a card or two to the Queen; if it is delayed it wouldn't be for long as the Harkles and Oprah need to keep the momentum up, and it would still deal a card or two to the Queen.

The contempt and anger of HM and the Cambridges and the Wessexes is likely rather a straightforward animal. But the emotions of Harry's father are probably far less straightforward: equal portions paternal love, with a sense of failure, guilt, anger, and shock. Because Charles must shoulder a portion (not all of it, but a goodly portion) of who his younger son turned out to be. Charles' loyalty must be tortuously split between what he owes his mother, his older son and William's family, and the future of the monarchy, and his feelings as a father toward a son he still loves.

It is like watching lemmings go off a cliff on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 128March 1, 2021 1:20 PM

Obviously they won't be happy about it later either, R127, but publicly criticising your family when your grandfather has died is much more extreme.

by Anonymousreply 129March 1, 2021 1:22 PM

R109 - The only real hate on display is that of Harry and Meghan for the family that gave them everything they have.

by Anonymousreply 130March 1, 2021 1:23 PM

Why do Meghan's fans have such a problem with Kate? It was William and Harry who fell out. I doubt Kate and Meghan have even spent all that much time together, actually. And sisters-in-law aren't obliged to be best friends. It's just good old-fashioned misogyny to blame Kate.

by Anonymousreply 131March 1, 2021 1:25 PM

They have it in for anyone who doesn’t sign up for their fantasies. Or who dares to challenge them.

Much like the QAnon nutters, they live in an alternate reality.

by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2021 1:29 PM

Philip's death before or right at the airing of the interview would be a complication, but it wouldn't change the basic gestalt of this interview.

Even if it is delayed, it wouldn't be for long.

The fact is, Meghan and Harry have an obvious agenda: to justify taking the bennies of royalty whilst rejecting the price. They have to go on with that no matter what, so in the end, it will make no odds even if Philip dies.

What I think is more interesting speculation on whether the Queen and the BRF will respond. The Palace's usual M.O. in these cases is either a deafening silence, or another statement that as Harry and Meghan no longer represent Britain or its monarchy, anything they say is as private individuals, about which the Palace declines to comment.

As I have often pointed out, everything in these circles is communicated in code. You'll find out how the Queen feels about it when Harry isn't present at his grandfather's funeral, or she takes their HRHs and titles, or Charles and William and Kate are careful never to be seen publicly with Harry and Meghan again, and the blowback in Britain is so fierce that even the couple's remaining private British patronages (i.e., those not gifted to them by the Queen), start distancing themselves from Harry and Meghan.

So far, it remains to be seen if the Queen is engaged in a long-term strategy focussed on ensuring that the drawbridges are completely up and the Sussexes fully cut off from any further engagement with the family, and moving forward until the day comes that no one fucking cares any longer about Harry's and Meghan's whingeing or relationship to the BRF, and the Queen dies and the new regime is in.

Or, will the BRF at this point issue a more pithy statement, recognising the Harkles' right to expression as private individuals, but pointing out that they are dismayed and pained at the couple who have received so much advantage from their membership in the BRF remain so intent on blaming Harry's family for all their perceived wrongs, given the immense privileges, fame, and increased wealth that their membership and titles have opened up to them.

I think the Queen made several mistakes along the way: one is underestimating the depth of Harry's mental problems and his desire for revenge on his family, the other is underestimating how devoid Meghan is of anything resembling gratitude or fairness.

Repeating that "much loved members of the family" a second time will leave egg all over the Queen's face as Harry collaborates on an interview shows that he no longer cares how his family perceives him, he doesn't need their "love" any longer, and that it isn't remotely feasible that either Sussex remains much loved by anyone in the family, with the possible exception of Harry's anguished father.

Lastly, I wonder if the vicious self-aggrandisement the Harkles engage in to further their own agenda at the BRF's expense, might persuade Charles that the best thing he can for the monarchy is to request a change in the order of succession, put steely William in charge whilst remaining Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall for the rest of his life, as payment for how his own son has tainted Charles' hope of a bright new reign when the Queen goes.

For one thing, it will deprive the Sussex children of the much desired HRH if Charles becomes King, and no one, anywhere, will hear William claiming that his brother and sister-in-law "remain much loved members of the family".

One wonders.

by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2021 1:44 PM

TWO HOURS? What do these dullards have to talk about for TWO HOURS?

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2021 2:08 PM

Now I hope that the Sussexes can live like normal folk. Harry wanted that more than anything. So they’ll take slings and arrows from the haters to get that. Normal being a relative term, anything is better than living with this family of birth. It was obvious to many people that he was not happy in that life, with its rigid protocols and suffocating atmosphere, with the people working for him stabbing him and MM in the back by leaking lies to Fleet Street. It will take work and they may stumble a few times, but I believe that the Sussex clan will ultimately be happy.

by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2021 2:11 PM

r119 you obviously don't understand how psychic ability works.

by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2021 2:40 PM

I thought that's why they left, at first. Then they left Canada and moved to California. They don't want to live a quiet life, they just want control over the narrative. After they were put in their place as a lesser royals they wanted out. All they talk about is The Royal family, they have nothing else to offer.

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2021 2:57 PM

R107, I also noted that about a year and a half ago, he threw away all his favored navy blue suits and only appeared in gray suits thereafter. And I guess he's been instructed to keep that beard stubble for the past two years. I guess he's never going to shave again.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2021 3:44 PM

Meghan is an attractive woman, but that eyeliner is doing her no favours

by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2021 4:24 PM

As usual, pregnancy does her no short term favours. She looks bloated and tired. Of course in the long term it will be marvellous for the settlement.

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]TWO HOURS? What do these dullards have to talk about for TWO HOURS?

Jean-Paul Sartre, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche... that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2021 4:35 PM

I'm gonna go with "Dead Mum, Dead Mum, Dead Mum" for 2 hours

by Anonymousreply 142March 1, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote]The Palace's usual M.O. in these cases is either a deafening silence, or another statement that as Harry and Meghan no longer represent Britain or its monarchy, anything they say is as private individuals, about which the Palace declines to comment.

I bet it will stick to the tried and true and say nothing or next to it, but, depending on whether this actually is explosive, I predict a robust 'a friend close to' campaign. That will go one of two ways. If it's moderately troublesome then 'same tired routine.' If it is hugely problematic, the friends will speak much more fiercely.

The thing is, I don't think there is any basis to believe the Royal Family or even the courtiers did anything to these two. She's on the take and he's emotionally damaged and intellectually insufficient. So I don't think there are any truly explosive details to disclose. If they lie, I expect it is likely the palace would respond on that basis, though I can't predict the tone.

by Anonymousreply 143March 1, 2021 4:37 PM

Diana only went 54 minutes on Panorama and she was loaded for bear.

We've all sat through these bait and switches before... 90% tease and b-roll, 10% actual content.

Here's the other thing - unless they were outright lying, which I wouldn't put past her, not so sure about him - it's established they video link with Queen etc... the Queen gave the kid a waffle maker for Christmas (I find that so hard to believe)... but the point is there does seem to be contact so do they have the balls or basis to really stick the knife in? At best it will be all about how mean the media is.

by Anonymousreply 144March 1, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]Harry to Oprah: “My biggest concern was history repeating itself"

... and my wife Meghan told me to say that, just to jack up the hubris. And of course the flattery to be thought to be on the same level as Diana!

by Anonymousreply 145March 1, 2021 4:47 PM

R137, who doesn’t want to have control over their life’s narrative? What are you on about? Of course they want that.

by Anonymousreply 146March 1, 2021 5:01 PM

Their lives don't need a narrative. Out of sight, out of mind. If they become two moderately intelligent people living their lives out of the spotlight, they are uninteresting and don't need a narrative. So which is it? Because their own talents and smarts neither justify nor compel their entitlement to enlighten the world.

by Anonymousreply 147March 1, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]It's also Harry's obsession with turning her into Diana that's weird as well. That's totally how he sees her. It's as much his problem as hers.

In addition to being the mother of his children, I think how Markle keeps Haz on a short leash is to *continually* remind him that she's terrorized by the press - because. of. him. Yet notice how she continually courts attention to ensure the press does not forget about her.

The point at which no one cares about them, they'll turn on each other because they'll realize their unhappiness is between them & not created by other people or forces.

Further, they'll likely praise Granny to high heaven & throw shade (however subtle) at Wills & Kate, but in all likelihood, Granny will be gone soon & they'll be left to face people that they've shit all over. I'm guessing even Charles will be done with them for this slight since Wills & Kate are the best chance to keep the BRF going.

by Anonymousreply 148March 1, 2021 5:42 PM

The most foolproof way to destroy the H&M forever would be to have a nonstop 4 hour interview by Oprah. Not one single person on Earth would be able to stand them after that. They would run out of prepared material and it would be nothing but raw psychopathology at that point, Can you imagine how their personalities would just collapse in front of the camera?

by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2021 5:42 PM

r148 Granny will live longer than her own mother I feel sure.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2021 5:49 PM

I'm not sure they won't do it in two hours.

I am really torn... on one hand I'd love to see it for myself... on the other, 90 minutes of Meghan Markle, aided and abetted by the has been Oprah, and then Harry coming on to do as he's told... talk about two hours you'll never get back. And the Mail will be vastly more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2021 5:54 PM

Harry discourses on the tragic end of the Romanovs.

by Anonymousreply 152March 1, 2021 5:56 PM

You know, there is a possibility of history repeating itself between Diana and Meghan: two "tell-all" interviews that pull in huge ratings, do enormous favours for the interviewer's career, yet made both women look ridiculous and got them booted out of any semblance of relationship with the family that put them on the map, and cost them their HRHs.

Style of thing.

by Anonymousreply 153March 1, 2021 5:58 PM

They "allowed" plenty of cheap shots at Kate (and even one at Carole) in their magnum opus, Finding Freedom. I doubt they've learned to censor themselves

by Anonymousreply 154March 1, 2021 6:05 PM

R136 - Well, I'm willing to be enlightened, although I must point out that astrology isn't equivalent to psychic ability. Astrology is "science-based" because it actually measures angles amongst planets and earth and then makes characterological and destiny calls on the basis of said angles . . .

Now, psychic ability is another matter altogether. If we're talking the Lottery, I'm inclined to go with psychic ability before astrology.

Let me know which to consult. My pension could use some added ballast . . .

R119

by Anonymousreply 155March 1, 2021 6:07 PM

R154 - I agree. Their lack of ability to self-edit is a hallmark of their shared Search and Destroy compulsion.

And it's been obvious since the get-go that Meghan was eaten up with jealousy over Kate's position, future, better legs, better figure, and, of course . . . the hair.

by Anonymousreply 156March 1, 2021 6:15 PM

Let's not forget the Spencers' part in selling their highly prized Diana chattel to the BRF in a transaction the naive schoolgirl had no capability of understanding at the time. Diana had every reason to distrust everyone on both sides once she figured out what was actually going on. It was no life, really, what she had. Even Camilla turned it down at first due to the limitations.

by Anonymousreply 157March 1, 2021 6:20 PM

R157 - That's hilarious. Diana set her sights on Charles at the age of 16, had pictures of him up in her bedroom, and when her chance came, played the press and Charles like a pro.

The Spencers didn't need the Windsors.

Talk about rewrite. There isn't a single bio out there, not even the bitchiest, that doesn't acknowledge the truth: Diana wanted this so bad she could taste it. She expected a Barbara Cartland life PLUS tiaras.

The Spencers didn't "sell" anything. They were wealthy aristocrats and didn't need to. In fact, Diana's grandmother, Lady Ruth Fermoy, was appalled at the match, as she knew her granddaughter to be "an actress and a schemer". And no one respected status more than Lady Fermoy.

You're either naive or living on Jupiter.

by Anonymousreply 158March 1, 2021 6:41 PM

R157 - Where the fuck do you get your information? The Sussex Squad?!

Camilla never "turned down" the life because Charles never proposed. She got tired of waiting for him, was over 25, and frankly genuinely infatuated with the man she did marry, Andrew Parker-Bowles, who was alleged to be one of the best fucks in his social circle. In fact, Princess Anne had a torrid fling with him.

Charles was only 25 at the time, it was too soon for him to get married, and he lost Camilla that way. He never proposed, not least because both he and Camilla knew that with her anything but virginal past, it would never fly, anyway, either with the public or the Queen.

She never "turned it down" - it was never offered.

There were other women in the frame who might have been possibilities, that said, No, Thank you. But Camilla wasn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 159March 1, 2021 6:47 PM

Seems like Harry’s “Give Us Privacy” tour is going well.

by Anonymousreply 160March 1, 2021 6:56 PM

It's quite amusing to see the Daily Mail, one of the outlets always in the Sussex's sites as villains, helpfully driving traffic to their interview with wild headlines about how the Palace should be "scared" and teasers about Meghan being "silenced" and how the Queen isn't Don Corleone, and equal parts salivating and indignation . . .

You couldn't make it up.

My guess is that by now the Palace has a pretty good idea who the Sussexes are and what sort of shit they spout, are more worried about Prince Philip, and will wait till after the interview to decide if it's even worth responding.

The tabs said the same thing about "Finding Freedom" - it was going to send shockwaves through the royal family, blah blah blah.

In the end, all it did was help William and Kate up the popularity polls on YouGov, fool gullible Americans, and then disappear.

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2021 6:56 PM

As far as watching it, I'd rather read the armchair quarterbacking on DM or Datalounge; while they do have some genuine grievances against the press & the BRF, I have a hard time feeling sorry for very rich people sitting around their million dollar home feeling sorry for themselves - and that includes you too, Oprah!

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2021 6:58 PM

Let's Be . . . A list of questions that should be, but aren't, on Oprah's table:

Why did you throw the Queen's working-class Scouser dresser under the bus when you showed up wanting to see the tiara without first calling to see if it was convenient?

Meghan, did you apologise to the wedding banquet chef after screaming at him over the egg substitute because you thought you tasted eggs? And, what did you say when Her Majesty pulled you aside, and said, "Meghan, dear, we don't talk to people like that here."

How much was the staffer at Admiralty House in Australia paid to keep shtum after you threw the cup of hot at her?

Did you and Harry discuss climate change whilst considering the house with 16 bathrooms, nine bedrooms, a swimming pool, and a guest house?

Did you really scream at Princess Charlotte's nanny during the wedding rehearsal?

How come you and Harry didn't pay a courtesy call on the Queen up at Balmoral after the wedding, as every other royal does, and where Harry has spent every summer of his life?

Did you know the strapless bra would be completely outlined under that grey Roland Mouret dress?

Did you really leave that button open accidentally at the von Straubenzee wedding so that your bra showed?

[And last but hardly least . . .]

What did you do with that hijus Oscar de la Renta number you wore to the Spencer wedding? Because we never saw it again, you know . . .

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2021 7:04 PM

^*hot tea

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2021 7:05 PM

This whole thing has made me turn against Oprah. I was already partly there—I detest her incredible materialism—but now that she has sided with Meghan, I feel like she has turned into an Ugly American ignoramus mixed up in a culture and value system she could never understand.

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2021 7:11 PM

R162 - Yes, watching is not only tiresome and unnecessary, but will give Oprah and the Harkles the ratings they are seeking. Wait three days, after which even streaming won't be counted. During those three days, believe us, the DM, the SUN, the MIRROR, the TIMES, the Evening STANDARD, and even the Graun will provide the juiciest bits, complete with video, and commentary by all Meghan's fans: Piers Morgan, Sarah Vine-Porter, Jan Moir (probably sharpening her pencil as we speak), Richard Kay, Richard Palmer, Dicky Arbiter, et al. Harry Markle on wordpress will contribute a lengthy diatribe, the Express will put up a poll asking readers if the Queen should at last remove the titles and HRHS of the Sussexes.

The interesting bits will be by fence-straddlers like Katie Nicholls at Vanity Fair, and that editor of Town & Country who is "close" to Meghan and did the hit piece on Kate last year, but who, if the Sussexes make fools of themselves and get particularly vicious, will be between a rock and a hard place trying to avoid being labelled a crawler.

And, then, of course, there will be that first order bottom feeder, Omid Scobie, weeping tears of blood at the suffering of his duchess and praising her integrity, honesty, courage, and the Armani dress.

By the end of the week after the interview, we'll all need a week in the Cotswolds sans phones and laptops.

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2021 7:16 PM

Dear Oprah: PLEASE put THIS on the table!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2021 7:20 PM

I think you forgot R163: As you know, a wedding is very much the bride's big day; could you not have tabled your pregnancy announcement until *after* Eug's wedding since I'm sure if the circumstances would've been reversed, you & Harry would've expected the same courtesy from her. In the interest of maintaining relationships, a little discretion might have made circumstances not so difficult in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2021 7:39 PM

R168 - Mea culpa - an unforgivable omission on my part!

R163

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2021 8:07 PM

Here's another unasked question - "Was the real reason you hated being there was because William, Harry's friends, and the staff knew about your yachting past and treated you with contempt?"

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2021 8:15 PM

Ooh r170 I never knew there were strong yachting rumours about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 171March 1, 2021 8:58 PM

Why, it appears that the Sussexes have made sure to be papped driving about in sunny CA with Harry at the wheel of that well-known eco-friendly vehicle, the Range Rover.

Doria is in the cack seat, Meghan is wearing oversized shades and a big hat (so no one can recognize her and intrude on her privacy, but how lucky that a photographer just happened to be there in front of the car!), and she looks somber and unsmiling, as someone who recently escaped from the Gulag should.

I wonder if Mr Justice Warby is feeling a tad foolish these days.

by Anonymousreply 172March 1, 2021 10:57 PM

^*back seat

by Anonymousreply 173March 1, 2021 10:57 PM

Oprah must be deaf, dumb, and blind to hitch her wagon to Meghan & Harry.

by Anonymousreply 174March 1, 2021 11:42 PM

Oprah's increasingly irrelevant in terms of entertainment and as someone noted above, she's become little more than a shill for conspicuous consumption and weight loss - for you, that is, because she's as big as ever.

They strike me as made for each other.

by Anonymousreply 175March 2, 2021 12:08 AM

I wonder how long before they sue Oprah and CBS?

by Anonymousreply 176March 2, 2021 12:12 AM

Well, if they keep giving ridiculous self-serving interviews to all and sundry, they will eventually bore the world to death and will have all the privacy they desire. The only think they have convinced me of so far is that Harry’s mental health issues are substantial. And he’s not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 177March 2, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote] Let's not forget the Spencers' part in selling their highly prized Diana chattel to the BRF in a transaction the naive schoolgirl had no capability of understanding at the time.

That's a stupid argument if you know the first thing about the Spencers. Diana loathed her stepmother and would not have done anothing she suggested; her parents had no spoekn in years; and her mother loathed Diana's maternal grandmother Lady fermoy for testifying against her in her divorce proceedings. Diana was not very fond of Lady Fermoy, and would not have married Charles just because she pushed it on her.

The old myth that Diana's grandmothers pushed the marriage on Diana was disproved long ago. Neither of Diana's grandmothers had that much sway with her--she was very much on her own.

by Anonymousreply 178March 2, 2021 1:40 AM

Lady Fermoy was against the marriage. She thought that Diana wasn't suited to Royal life.

The Crown depicts Fermoy as giving Diana etiquette lessons because Fermoy was trying to force the marriage, but there's not record she ever did anything like that. However it is a matter of record that before the marriage Fermoy told Diana and the Queen mother that she thought Diana was wrong for Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 2, 2021 2:18 AM

They called the paps to photograph them driving aimlessly around in their gas-guzzling Range Rover. Wide brim hat and sunglasses ensured she would be noticed. I think they even shoved old Doria in the backseat.

by Anonymousreply 180March 2, 2021 4:46 AM

Already posted, sorry. ^^

by Anonymousreply 181March 2, 2021 4:48 AM

What a pair of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 182March 2, 2021 4:53 AM

Unless any of these people will be farting out of their proper orifice (i.e., not their mouth) I will not be watching.

by Anonymousreply 183March 2, 2021 5:06 AM

I think they called the paps too, r180. The photos were taken by BackGrid, who are famous for being the go-to paps-on-call.

by Anonymousreply 184March 2, 2021 5:07 AM

He's only allowed to drive for pap shots.

by Anonymousreply 185March 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Meghan wore Princess Diana's bracelet for her Oprah interview

So subtle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 2, 2021 5:18 AM

Speaking of her jewelry, if you look at the pendant around her neck you'll notice it's very blurry.

They used more gauze over that lens than they do around the average burn victim.

by Anonymousreply 187March 2, 2021 5:24 AM

R187 a filter to mask her resting bitch face must be quite a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 188March 2, 2021 5:40 AM

Yuck

by Anonymousreply 189March 2, 2021 5:40 AM

Maybe when Hazza was whispering in the ear of Disney's Bob Iger he was really trying to get his hands on that Marvel De-Aging Tech!

Either that or they filmed Meghan through a Snapchat filter.

by Anonymousreply 190March 2, 2021 6:30 AM

[Quote] And it's been obvious since the get-go that Meghan was eaten up with jealousy over Kate's position, future, better legs, better figure, and, of course . . . the hair.

Position and future? Sure. The rest?? There's nothing to be jealous of 😆

by Anonymousreply 191March 2, 2021 7:54 AM

[quote]Speaking of her jewelry, if you look at the pendant around her neck you'll notice it's very blurry.

I thought something looked very odd about her face; it's like the puffiness and the perma-scowl are her only distinguishing features

by Anonymousreply 192March 2, 2021 8:01 AM

Diana died after she gave the interview and left the royal life. If his concerns are repeating the story, well he is doing a awful job. I think everyone can relate if they wanted a normal life, but they just want to be famous and richer without to be in the back of the balcony and all the rules. For people with so very little talent and intelligence they should be grateful in the back of the balcony.

by Anonymousreply 193March 2, 2021 10:04 AM

R191 Sure. Why would Meghan with no waist, a big ass, stick legs, and a midsection like a barrel, envy tall, slender, tiny-waisted Kate with her shapely legs?

And if she doesn't envy Kate's glorious hair, why is she still pretending she has the same kind of hair?

We know what her real hair looks like.

She clearly hates it.

Now, Kate, clearly, loves her own hair.

How should this be.

Kate has everything Meghan has ever wanted.

But Meghan is making do with the also-ran lower rank hubby and the facsimile hair.

by Anonymousreply 194March 2, 2021 10:10 AM

I'm sorry but Kate has an unbelievable body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195March 2, 2021 10:26 AM

She's stunning. Could wear anything.

Unlike someone else we know...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 2, 2021 10:59 AM

My guess is that Harry has had a catastrophic reaction to therapy. After being in therapy for a million years myself, I have started to regard it as having a really bad effect on some people, dismantling the neurotic exoskeleton that allows people to function. My bf was diagnosed with ADHD instead of as a lazy bugger, which he is, and he has used it as his license of fail and give up on life. Harry was better off in the military where they kicked him in the arse and didn’t give him too much free time.

by Anonymousreply 197March 2, 2021 11:18 AM

[quote]Harry was better off in the military where they kicked him in the arse and didn’t give him too much free time.

Regardless of whether or not one is in therapy, there a lot of people who function very well in the military because it tells them what to do & when to do it. Those people don't function so well in the outside world where you have to figure that out for yourself. That's no doubt partly the appeal of Megs - she tells him what to do. He thinks he got rid of the palace micromanagement, but he just traded it for another form of micromanagement.

by Anonymousreply 198March 2, 2021 11:34 AM

The Mail is appealing her win in court.

by Anonymousreply 199March 2, 2021 11:43 AM

[quote]Harry to Oprah: “My biggest concern was history repeating itself" re: Diana

Ours too.

by Anonymousreply 200March 2, 2021 11:50 AM

R196 R198 - I completely agree. Former royal advisor and historian Max Hzstings said the same thing last year. I'll provide the link later. Basically. Hastings said in his piece on Airmail that the moment Harry left the military, everyone knew he was a train wreck waiting to happen.

That's a good point about the exo-skeleton. Bi Ut it is also true that both Harry and Meghan, as well as Diana, are dependent upon an exo-skeleton that is built a toxic blend of entitlement and victimization. This is the calling card of clinical narcissism: I deserve this and if I don't get it or it turns out wrong, it is always someone else's fault.

You cannot treat people who don't believe they have a problem. All blame is externalized, because the moment bmame is accepted, the narcissist's need for that hugely exaggerated sense of importance and merit is called into question, and that exo-skeleton is what is holding their personae together.

Perhaps the BRF felt that a dominant wife would do for Harry what the military once did. They likely weren't sophisticated enough to see the danger signs of two self-entitled narcissists breathing the same grievance air. Although, it quickly became obvious in the runup to the wedding. By then, it was too late. Small wonder the somewhat forced smiles at St. George's that day.

This is what Meghan and Harry cannot hide, and why they keep making the same mistake over and over.

In a way, their undoubted success in obtaining the money and fame and attention they, and especially she, craved, was psychologically the worst thing that could have happened to them. Their success has reinforced that exo-skeleton. It has also rendered them tone-deaf to how absurd is their refusal to back off from that victimisation card.

It's exactly what happened to Diana. The Sussexes are overplaying their hand. Whether any real downfall occurs later remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 201March 2, 2021 11:59 AM

I agree with R197. Therapy promotes narcissism, self-pity and victim status like water and fertiliser on a plant. People get drunk on injustice and addicted to it.

by Anonymousreply 202March 2, 2021 12:01 PM

^*apologies for all the types above, I'm on a train.

by Anonymousreply 203March 2, 2021 12:01 PM

The looks on the faces of all the BRF at that wedding was classic. They looked like they were at a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 204March 2, 2021 12:05 PM

Should not we all just wait and see the interview?

by Anonymousreply 205March 2, 2021 12:07 PM

I agree r205.

But the discussion in the run-up is somewhat fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 206March 2, 2021 12:14 PM

If they are so uninteresting, why do their haters continue to comment on everything that they say?

by Anonymousreply 207March 2, 2021 12:23 PM

R207, while you are right in saying that many people enjoy the parade of schadenfruede that is Harry & Meghan, most of whom say are completely vapid, talentless and self-absorbed, I don't think any of us would say they aren't interesting.

I think the fact that many of the haters could see right through Meghan from her wedding day and called it when they said she would be out and back in LA in two years. When the Dutchess actually went ahead and did that right on schedule, it makes watching their behaviour so much more rewarding.

by Anonymousreply 208March 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Haters is such a lazy, unreasoned description. Most people here don't hate Meghan Markle. But we're pretty good a spotting a bullshitter and - and I know this will be hard for you to hear, R207 - Meghan Markle is entry level in her bullshit talent. Helen Keller could spot her. Don't know exactly why you can't but if you're the kind of person who looks up to or identifies with her, that says enough.

by Anonymousreply 209March 2, 2021 12:58 PM

R207 - None of the regular Sussex DL posters have ever suggested that they are uninteresting. Quite the contrary, we have pointed out just how fascinating, if unlikable, these two jumped up twats are. It's the people who hate DLers and the BRF who keep insisting that the Sussexes are uninteresting, why are people talking about them?

Well, dear, take a look at the headlines on the Express, Mail, SUN, MIRROR, etc., the columns being written about them, and the one million ITV just paid for the rights to broadcast the interview, and the rates advertisers are paying to get slots. That's why they extended the show from 90 minutes to two hours: to give more slots to advertisers and make more money.

So, obviously the idea that they are "uninteresting" is a minority opinion, trotted out to paint DLers commenting on one of the biggest gossip stories of the decade as somehow disturbed or unusual or out of touch with reality.

Why don't you ask Oprah why she is giving so much air time to a couple of uninteresting nonentities?

by Anonymousreply 210March 2, 2021 1:29 PM

Well, well, well, you Klan fuckers really are losing your shit over this interview, aren't you? I've rarely seen such febrile hysteria.

Let's hope for the following to enrage you incels still further:

1. Meghan cups her bump throughout.

2. Queen Elizadeath and the Zombie of Edinburgh are criticised for being cold and inflexible.

3. Meghan says she identifies with Diana in many ways.

4. Harry accuses Charles of favouring William and of cruelty to Diana.

5. Harry says that William and Replikate were rude and unwelcoming to Meghan and he doesn't wish to see them again in this lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 211March 2, 2021 1:37 PM

I hope you feel better, R211.

You make no more difference here than you do anywhere else in the world.

by Anonymousreply 212March 2, 2021 1:42 PM

Hey, triggered KGT @211, go eat a hamburger sensuously and relax.

by Anonymousreply 213March 2, 2021 1:43 PM

A pig at a trough cannot by definition be sensuous. There is a contingent of men who like to fuck big girls, so she might get that.

by Anonymousreply 214March 2, 2021 1:48 PM

MM will make some comment about royal protocol being stifling and how she wanted to be a breath of fresh air to a stuffy family but she was thwarted at every turn. Harry will chime in to confirm.

Then I hope Oprah asks her if this isn’t something she would have figured out before getting married if she hadn’t been in such a rush.

I wonder how much of the interview will be devoted to her brief time with the BRF (what viewers want to hear) and how much time will be devoted to publicizing their charitable endeavors (which no one cares about because it’s not unique).

by Anonymousreply 215March 2, 2021 2:17 PM

It would be interesting to see her ask about any regrets re the Bradby interview or the use of private jets or the baby shower or the air fresheners or making Kate and Charlotte cry. I don't believe Orca will ask her any tough questions. I think Orca is apt to be more interested in whatever insider stuff they can get on the RF. Orca will cast MM as the victim.

by Anonymousreply 216March 2, 2021 2:21 PM

The only interest is with the feud. That's why they are milking it. Would anyone tune in to hear them talk only about their so-called work? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 217March 2, 2021 2:23 PM

Oooh, what if Prince Philip dies the day *after* the interview? It will be a two-fer. The interview killed him (doubt he’ll be watching) and it will take over the news cycle.

That’s really the best outcome. Sorry Phil, ya gotta go.

by Anonymousreply 218March 2, 2021 2:27 PM

My straight brother watched the infamous MM hamburger video. He voted it the most unsexy thing he had ever watched.

by Anonymousreply 219March 2, 2021 2:34 PM

I don't know when Philip is going, but it's clear he's going soon. I doubt he gives a tinker's damn about this interview, but if he dies anywhere near it, the interview will be brought up as a cause.

by Anonymousreply 220March 2, 2021 2:47 PM

It doesn't matter how bad this interview is: The Queen won't take their titles. All that would do is extend the victim tour. Anyway, the more they bleat about how unfair the BRF is, the sillier they look for keeping the titles. They can't use the HRH in America, and Sussex isn't a storied name. They'll have the titles for as long as they want them.

by Anonymousreply 221March 2, 2021 2:49 PM

The interview will hint but not spill any significant information. There ISN'T any significant information, as the Palace handled the Sussexes with kid gloves throughout. But hinting lets them milk the press for more coverage. They'll hint at abuse that never happened forever.

by Anonymousreply 222March 2, 2021 2:51 PM

I agree with R221 and R222... they are being ignored. This is their big moment. Next time - and no doubt there will be a next time - they will look increasingly pathetic. And worse the time after that and the time after that, until it's over. When you look at her track record and pattern of shedding people, even those closest to whom she owes the most, you see her up to her usual tricks. She'll dump him in due course. He's just dumb and led... she wants to be a leader without having done anything. All she wants to do is talk and photo ops.

They got nothin'. What a sideshow. The Duke and Duchess of Windsor were superficial but at least they weren't hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 223March 2, 2021 3:06 PM

They are taking his titles because he will be back after the imminent divorce. Anyone with a little experience in life knows what's coming.

by Anonymousreply 224March 2, 2021 3:07 PM

They are NOT taking his titles☆

by Anonymousreply 225March 2, 2021 3:07 PM

They never took the Duke of Windsor's title and he caused an earthquake. This is just poor, dumb, damaged Harry making the biggest mistake of his life. They're used to that.

by Anonymousreply 226March 2, 2021 3:12 PM

Didn't this idiot claim that the paps broke into her home when she was still a nobody? Her delusions began early and took off from there. All of a sudden, the empty box at Wimbledon, her security badgering innocent people for taking her photo when they didn't even recognize her, the perceived danger of being killed by paps, all makes sense. We are seeing what MM wishes life would be like. But the reality is that even as a royal, she still doesn't command that level of attention.

The writing was on the wall when she used the relationship to land a Vanity Fair cover.

by Anonymousreply 227March 2, 2021 4:32 PM

R201 Bravo!! Excellent analysis!

by Anonymousreply 228March 2, 2021 4:55 PM

[Quote]That's why they extended the show from 90 minutes to two hours: to give more slots to advertisers and make more money.

Do you mean in the UK? As has been mentioned on these threads, the interview will be up against the NBA All-Star game, the Critics Choice Awards, and the Voice. That's hefty competition for advertising dollars.

by Anonymousreply 229March 2, 2021 5:04 PM

Here’s what I’d respect: if they would drop the nonsense about service and come right out with it—being in the RF was boring and since Harry will never be King, let’s move somewhere warm and make some $$. Plus, Harry’s friends and family don’t like Meghan (probably a mix of them being unnecessarily protective of him and Meghan not being patient enough to win them over—which we all have to do in relationships), so why hang out there?

I don’t hate them. I just think they’re idiots—particularly because they’re sticking to their story that they just want to do good. There’s nothing wrong with wanting a career and $$.

If I were to advise them—and they were fools not to ask me!!—I’d say cut the bullshit, tell Oprah the truth, and get on with your lives. Instead, they’ll continue to peddle their save the world/victim crap, which will get them nowhere good.

by Anonymousreply 230March 2, 2021 5:25 PM

[QUOTE] or making Kate and Charlotte cry.

🤣🤣🤣

How weak is Kate!? Milksop.

by Anonymousreply 231March 2, 2021 5:31 PM

[QUOTE] don't know when Philip is going, but it's clear he's going soon. I doubt he gives a tinker's damn about this interview, but if he dies anywhere near it, the interview will be brought up as a cause

Let's hope he watches it from his hospital bed and has a fatal stroke half way through. Meghan's revenge!

by Anonymousreply 232March 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Didn't we see Meghan's eyes well uo with tears in Africa? Not because she had seen children who lost limbs to landmines, girls and women who were victims of mass rapes, and malnourished or orphaned children, but because no one had asked her how she was doing. 😢

by Anonymousreply 233March 2, 2021 5:35 PM

I want privacy but give me headlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 234March 2, 2021 5:39 PM

I want headlines about my lack of privacy!

by Anonymousreply 235March 2, 2021 5:40 PM

You Klan turds just make the same hackneyed jokes over and over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 236March 2, 2021 5:42 PM

And yet you're still here, kgt. Reading every single line.

by Anonymousreply 237March 2, 2021 5:45 PM

I'd have respected them being honest from the start, taking off right after the marriage to make their fortunes in California. But if they'd done that, they couldn't have justified the very expensive public wedding and the titles, and they wanted both to raise their profiles. It's clear that they always planned to leave, and the year or so of 'service' was just a figleaf obscuring their real motives.

by Anonymousreply 238March 2, 2021 6:15 PM

And that shows how dim they are: Harry giving up his title to pursue his dreams in California would have raised their profiles through the roof. It would have garnered them oodles of good publicity and given them a solid beginning in California over a year before COVID hit. They'd be more beloved and successful today if they'd never perpetrated the Duke and Duchess grift.

by Anonymousreply 239March 2, 2021 6:17 PM

^^By giving up the title, I mean the Duke/Duchess of Sussex title. Harry could have kept the princely title he was born with and I don't think many people would have said boo. Of course, that means Meghan could only have gone by Princess Henry, and she'd never have stood for that even though remaining Meghan Markle would have suited her brand much better.

by Anonymousreply 240March 2, 2021 6:18 PM

Aw, you KKK whores want him to give up his titles so badly! He never will though.

by Anonymousreply 241March 2, 2021 9:28 PM

No, they won't, though those titles are about as meaningful as every other part of their existence: That is, not at all.

by Anonymousreply 242March 2, 2021 10:09 PM

Lady C has been on a roll over the last week with more videos than usual. Another one today.

On the last 2, she has claimed that sources have told her that Philip has been "apoplectic" (her word) over all the recent Harry stuff and that it contributed to his original hospitalization. His transfer to the 2nd hospital which specializes in heart problems is (according to her sources) as a result of his (Philip's) fury to the continued Harry bullshit.

Having finally worked through this thread, some posters seem to have been of the opinion that there is no connection between the recent happenings tin the Sparkle and Dim show, (particularly with Harry playing a more prominent role) and his grandfather's hospitalizations.

Not so, according to Lady C. Really is cause and effect.

by Anonymousreply 243March 3, 2021 1:14 AM

^ should be "in", not "tin".

by Anonymousreply 244March 3, 2021 1:15 AM

Baahaha! Now the Mail is reporting that Megs bullied 2 PR staff right out of their jobs and was on her way to a third. The formal.reports are referenced. Of course! We knew this. Classic narc cunt. I have known several and this is cookie cutter behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 245March 3, 2021 1:38 AM

It is not the Mail saying MM is an evil cunt, it is the Times, and they really have the story. Lots of players. Her name is mud in the UK. Although MM fans are very much like Trump supporters. There is literally nothing that can shake their support of her. If she were proven to be a serial killer, the response would be “leave her alone, racist”.

I fucking hate this cunt. I hope she goes down in the press.

by Anonymousreply 246March 3, 2021 1:50 AM

My apologies. Yes the Times is reporting it but I read it on the Mail.

by Anonymousreply 247March 3, 2021 1:54 AM

Yep. The nut job stans are saying PP is making his sickness up to derail MM because he's racist. Just like Maradona was a racist for dying the same day the miscarriage story came out. Repugnant assholes.

by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2021 1:57 AM

[QUOTE] On the last 2, she has claimed that sources have told her that Philip has been "apoplectic" (her word) over all the recent Harry stuff and that it contributed to his original hospitalization. His transfer to the 2nd hospital which specializes in heart problems is (according to her sources) as a result of his (Philip's) fury to the continued Harry bullshit.

Would a man who fought in WW2 really give a fuck about a chat show interview? I hope she's right, though, and the revelations are going to be so mind blowing that he's literally dying of rage.

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2021 6:44 AM

[QUOTE] Now the Mail is reporting that Megs bullied 2 PR staff right out of their jobs and was on her way to a third.

Mail looking to be sued again! Right wing Tory paper beloved of the Klanners here. They never learn.

by Anonymousreply 250March 3, 2021 6:47 AM

R250 Babykins, the article was published by The Times, a respected broadsheet. The Mail is only reporting on the Times article. Also, Sussex lawyers are bleating that it’s a smear campaign against the DuchAss, but have not denied the verity of the allegations. This speaks volumes. The Times has proof.

by Anonymousreply 251March 3, 2021 7:23 AM

The member of staff will be sued and bankrupted for breaking an NDA, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 252March 3, 2021 12:25 PM

Funny how on American morning news, MM's bullying behavior was a lead story on NBC's Today, but I didn't see a mention of this on CBS morning news.... CBS is running the March 7th interview. Are they really going to bury it completely? I would think it would be enticing to viewers, "See the interview and decide for yourself!"

I could see Prince Phillip getting very worked up over this, enough to raise his blood pressure dangerously, don't think it takes much to get hospitalized at 99 years old.

by Anonymousreply 253March 3, 2021 1:04 PM

' I would think it would be enticing to viewers, "See the interview and decide for yourself!"

But if it's already been recorded they're not going to address it, are they, Einstein?

by Anonymousreply 254March 4, 2021 12:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 4, 2021 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!