Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bobby Burgess is a Heterosexual Male

My strai-dar needs recalibrating.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 1:16 AM

Link please. This person is unknown to me.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 10:54 PM

Fascinating

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 10:56 PM

For r1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 11:00 PM

Not this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 11:02 PM

Burgess Meredith?

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 11:05 PM

I can't bear Burgess Meredith. And Hume Cronyn is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 11:07 PM

I was kinda creeped out by both of them, too r6.

Except Meredith's performance in the Twilight Zone episode was pretty good. The one where he survives a nuclear holocaust and is happily alone with books and then his reading glasses break.

Man, that lone black guy in the cast of Lawrence Welk must've had to put up with a lot of stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 11:13 PM

Bobby's partner Cissy King had a brother, John, who was also a dancer. I met him a couple of times through mutual friends in the mid-70s, which is to say I was in the same room with him and a bunch of other people. We really didn't speak other than to say hello. He was very handsome, in a blonde WASPy way. John was married but also had guys on the side, and died of AIDS in the early 1980s. One of so many who had no idea what was in store.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 11:15 PM

Bobby now 79. Wonder if he is still twirling around the dance floor. My former and now late husband loved the Lawrence Welk Show. I didn't but suffered through.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 11:16 PM

I'm convinced The Lawrence Welk show behind the scenes and among the cast was a hot-bed of lurid, tawdry, bed-hopping, drugs, back-stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 11:20 PM

I watch the Welk show on my local PBS station.

I think they're lip-syching but at least the performers were the original singers and had talent.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 11:22 PM

Was Lawrence Welk as cringe-making as Mitch Miller, Mantovani and Liberace?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 1:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!