Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Theater Comeback? ‘Tom and Jerry’ Opens With Shocking $13.7M Weekend Box Office

[QUOTE]It had the most robust three-day total since movie theaters reopened last year. Nothing else released in the past 10 months has cracked the $10 million mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2021 1:33 PM

People are probably just dropping off their kids at theaters to get them out of the damned house so they can get high and fuck in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 10:44 PM

i think it has to do more with the fact that more theaters have opened this weekend

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 10:45 PM

Whatever the case may be, a lot of shit is changing right now in Hollywood after this. All those movies that were about to debut on streaming—forget about it. Studio heads right now are like “Mortimer, we’re back.”

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 10:49 PM

Wonder Woman 1984 grossed $16m and Tenet grossed $20m in their first weekends (both were released in the last 10 months), so this really isn't anything amazing.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 10:54 PM

I don’t think movies will have massive budgets anymore

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 11:12 PM

Never underestimate the power of pussy. I hope that annoying bitch Jerry finally dies in this one.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 11:24 PM

They'll open until they close again when there's another variant.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 11:26 PM

President Biden will defeat all the variants. He’s already got these pharma companies working on booster shots to beat each one.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Is Mammy in the movie? Do we finally get to see her face?

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 12:41 AM

‘Tom and Jerry’

Tom is a coded reference to Great Britons

Jerry is a coded reference to Germans.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 12:55 AM

I had this strange feeling of childhood comfort when I heard the classic scream of Tom.

The movie plot itself is rather basic, the animation and CGI are top though. I like Chloë Grace Moretz and Michael Peña, but Colin Jost looks off like he gained a lot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 3:54 AM

Colin Jost is a STAR!!

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 3:57 AM

Why does Jost look and talk like his month is stuffed with cotton? Is he wearing dentures?

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2021 8:44 AM

Agreed R6.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2021 9:20 AM

Looks like the comeback is off. Theater revenue back to sucking again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2021 1:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!