Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you a snoop? A Nosy Parker? A curtain-twitcher? A Gladys Kravitz?

Do you monitor the comings and goings in your neighborhood? Do you peer out from behind the blinds when an unfamiliar car goes down your street? If you live in a city, do you window-peep your neighbors?

Or are you a virtual little Harriet the Spy who follows the fortunes and misfortunes of others on their social media — without them knowing? (This one is me — a friend of a friend has a fascinating trainwreck of a life she chronicles on Facebook and Twitter, and I check it several times a day to keep up with the soap opera.)

I want to hear some good snooping stories. This being Datalounge, no one will judge your nosy ways.

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2021 1:06 AM

No. I'm lucky to live far back from the road and I don't even see when my neighbors are coming and going. If I meet them down on the road I often stop to chat a few minutes; that's just good manners.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 9:09 PM

Mais non!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 9:10 PM

My neighbor across the street is a therapist. Her clients tend to park right outside my desk window. I know them all by now. I sometimes wonder what their issues are. Many are overweight so that might be a specialty; some eat in the car before they go in. There was for years a couple who used to come out spent and smoking. Then one day they showed up with a baby, which felt like a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 9:20 PM

R2 omf!! Baahaa!

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 9:30 PM

I’m the kind of person people like to tell things to. Let’s put it that way.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 9:31 PM

No because I live in a place where you never see any neighbors and also, I don't care because young rich Romanain hetero couples aren't interesting at all. In Woodland Hills, most were Russians and also pretty homogeneous and boring. When I loved with my late partner in Glendale we used to see more interesting people to snoop on. I am very nosy but James didn't really care.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 9:35 PM

None of your business.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 9:37 PM

I had a friend in NYC who lived in a loft building, never legally converted. It was kinda shabby but the apartments were huge, two to a floor. They shared the elevator. His neighbor was a dominatrix, and I used to love hearing the stories of banker and lawyers showing up to get pussy-whipped.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 9:38 PM

Before I moved five years ago, I used to live near two TOTAL STUDS who had a habit of being naked with their curtains open after dark. One of them was an aspiring stand-up comedian. He always showered after sunset and did all his drying off in his bedroom under his ceiling light. I could see from the darkness of my living room straight into his bedroom. His body was fantastic, his dick was decidedly average. I saw it dozens of times. Also saw him fucking girls, and saw guys spend the night in his bed, too, but I’m fairly sure there was no homosexual hanky panky.

The other guy lived in a building next to mine, so if I wanted to see him naked, I had to actually stand outside on the sidewalk, pretending to talk on my phone while he walked naked from his bedroom to his kitchen. That was a little tricky... and perhaps shameful... but it was worth it, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 9:39 PM

Yes and have been call Ms. Kravitz!

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 9:41 PM

Yes. I've turned into one during lockdown.

I watch the blind lady and her guide dog go to the local store every Friday morning. I have the fat nurse walk by at 9am to work, then she comes home for lunch at 12, goes back to work at 1, then home at 5pm. There's the jogger that goes by at 11.30. The dog walker at 9am, who's dog always poos outside my drive. The litter pickers will go by at 9am tomorrow.

It's great fun watching life go by.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 9:42 PM

None of that sounds fun, R11. Where are all the PENISES?

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 9:45 PM

No peni yet. Although I am hopeful!

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 9:47 PM

When I was in college in my first real apartment there was a gay couple across the way who’d get into screaming arguments in the early morning hours on the weekends. At least one of them did... the other one just mumbled.

It was very [italic]Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.[italic] “Where are YOU going?? Don’t you walk away from MEEEE!!... You’re going to take A SHOWER??? You’re a PATHETIC EXCUSE for a man!!” This would go on for thirty minutes at a time.

Finally one weekend I screamed from bed, “Shuuuuut Uuuuuupppp!!!”

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 9:57 PM

Since I've been stuck here with a broken leg I've been watching my neighbors in the courtyard apartments. I'm beginning to wonder about one, haven't seen his wife in a while. One is a cool cat who has lively parties with jazz playing. He's a musician. You can see from this photo what a good view I have of their apartments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 9:59 PM

Nope, intentionally not. Someone tried to run over my mail carrier at the bottom of my driveway last week and I didn't notice anything until the cop knocked on my door.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 10:08 PM

Only while my rollers are setting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2021 10:25 PM

No, but I like these sisters dusting the chain link fence. I would definitely be doing this if my neighbors were more exciting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2021 10:27 PM

R18 LOL.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2021 10:40 PM

I would be but my property is surrounded by hedges and I cannot see the street. I prefer to be safe than nosy.

My neighborhood has been having more crime lately. When I walk the dog I take notice of strange cars parked on the street. I’m alert for sketchy people doing sketchy things but not nosy.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2021 10:59 PM

R14 what happened next?? Did they pipe down??

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2021 11:01 PM

Where is the guy who was watching an idling parked car for like a week straight? Did he finally get to sleep? 😂

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 3:00 AM

OP here. More snooping stories!

Given the number of Tasteful Friends threads (which I love), I know you bitches like a proper nose-around!

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 4:26 AM

I am not a snoop but I have several neighbors who are. One even refers to herself as Mrs. Kravitz and she has had arguments with neighbors with whom she disapproves (dogs barking, kids driving too fast, etc.). I steer clear of her but there is another who I like that is a nosy parker but she's also quick, funny, and curious, not malicious. I like that they are nosy because they are a source of information if anything suspicious happens.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 4:36 AM

Yes. I hate and suspect everyone.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 4:38 AM

R22 That was me. The annoying Parker with his lights on all night hasn’t been seen for the past couple of weeks. However, I have seen a police car sitting nearby. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 4:40 AM

When in the city I Was Gladys, you couldn't stop me. But have moved to the country now and don't see too many. Curtains here are hardly ever drawn...

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 4:45 AM

Have many of the Nosy Parkers taken to NextDoor for their snooping thrills?

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 4:46 AM

I have the perfect foyer for a gloryhole...But my next door neighbors are a couple of old gay queens and all they do is sit in their window and watch MY pucking house. If I park my car in front of my house instead of the garage---there they are ---waving...They really pizz me off because I would have so much gay traffic if I didn't have these Nosie Nellies spying on my every move...Those two burn my butter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 4:46 AM

NextDoor is hilarious. So many half wits! About 2% useful and 20% entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 5:10 AM

[quote]I have the perfect foyer for a gloryhole

I do hope that was in the listing when you bought/rented the place

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 5:11 AM

Ugh, my mother calls herself Mrs. Kravitz. Is always buzzing about something going on.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 5:16 AM

Nobody likes that gossipy bitch Mrs. Kravitz. No wonder why Abner never wanted to fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 5:21 AM

R31 = I own my house and they own theirs---their house is way more expensive but they have a hillbilly vibe.. I inherited my house and have the perfect Gloryhole entry way. I have always known how perfect it was. No house across the street and a great entry porch for discreet coming and going---except my frigging neighbors watching the street in front of my house like they are on neighborhood gay patrol. Right in that damn window of theirs waving when I am bringing groceries into my house. I saw a sketchty guy looking in their backyard a few weeks ago and I didn't lift a finger to let them know. I could care less if they get burglarized.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 5:25 AM

I check on people who are neighbors- and people who used to be neighbors- via the internet. Court record sites; voter records; Facebook; property records... It's amazing the trouble people get themselves into.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 6:39 AM

I always thought it was "nosey barker". Glad to have it cleared up!

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2021 7:37 AM

Not currently, but in the past. I used to be aware of the dating escapades of the late 20's blond woman across the courtyard. I didn't pursue but it was hard to miss. The blinds were always up. There was a parade of men. Her gimmick seemed to be black boots with mini skirts a la Rachel Greene. They would routinely ended dancing in front of the large window. At first I was happy for her. A couple of years later it started to seem sad.

--Frau

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2021 11:07 PM

Bumpita for more snoopage!

by Anonymousreply 38March 2, 2021 12:42 AM

Because you USE others to avoid the pain of your reality. Others (better people) are just living their lives.

Go change those sheets & mop those floors

The wind's kickin' up...hear that?

by Anonymousreply 39March 2, 2021 12:46 AM

I rented a converted garage below a convicted child molester (600 per month). His skype calls traveled through the duct work.

“You never masturbate for me anymore” woke me up out of a sound sleep once. I knew he wasn’t talking to me.

He was dating an anorexic-looking woman who acted like she was waiting for someone to smack her.

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2021 1:03 AM

I'm one that says cameras should always face outward. And I get the alerts on my phone. Every morning my upstairs neighbor Fred leaves at 4:30AM. It's like clockwork.

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2021 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!