Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ian McKellen hopes gays will stand with transpeople

Is he talking to DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 6, 2021 8:25 PM

As soon as they stop attacking and trying to destroy women I will. They can start by waving the white flag when it comes to the trannies in sports nonsense

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 7:21 PM

I'll stand with them when they stop trying to erase gays and women.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 7:33 PM

Maybe we won’t have a choice.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 7:35 PM

It’s either trans...or jail. Or death. That’s how I see it.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 7:35 PM

Someone give Ian a nice masculine front hole to lick.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 7:38 PM

[quote] From about 1988, activists began to use the initialism LGBT in the United States.[30] Not until the 1990s within the movement did gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people gain equal respect.[28] This spurred some organizations to adopt new names, as the GLBT Historical Society did in 1999. Although the LGBT community has seen much controversy regarding universal acceptance of different member groups (bisexual and transgender individuals, in particular, have sometimes been marginalized by the larger LGBT community), the term LGBT has been a positive symbol of inclusion.[3][28]

Going strong since the 1990s. And it will survive the silly divide & conquer schemes from the right wing trolls pretending to be concerned about women and the gays being usurped by the evil trans agenda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 7:39 PM

R6 Truth hurts. You don't belong here.

McKellen is trash. His date to the Oscars was his trade that he picked up in the Cuba St bogs.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 7:50 PM

Best comment in the article:

Monkey1 I don’t understand why trans is put under the same umbrella as gay, lesbian, bi. There is nothing in common. I can support them, but they seem to insist on taking the umbrella all for themselves.

THIS - 1000%. And supporting trans to live their lives openly and without prejudice is different than supporting every word or idea that comes out of their mouth.

They've done too much damage to themselves and to the gay community for me to support them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 8:03 PM

The comments don't seem to be going Sir Ian's way.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 8:52 PM

Dimorphism is a pretty baked in constant on Earth. Transitioning after puberty kicks in presents the results we are all so familiar with here. But its not enough to be polite, you must be policed.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 9:17 PM

I will not!

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 9:27 PM

McKellen is competent at his job but is a rich member of the elite.

He has the wealth to buy love and has no commonality with ordinary people.

He's also edging into senility and (like fat luvvie Stephen Fry) should stay away from social commentary.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 9:28 PM

Some trannies got it and make it pay!

Most trannies can't even give it away!

And THAT'S show business

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 9:34 PM

It's the bodily mutilation that bothers me. And the conflation of 'sex' with 'gender'. Live and let live, but I don't really get it and I'm not sure it's my fight.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote]the silly divide & conquer schemes from the right wing trolls

This is a clever tactic—just claim “right wingers” and people will ignore what Democrats are doing. Hopefully people are more clever and we’ll have to wait and see what 2022 unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 11:17 PM

[quote] This is a clever tactic—just claim “right wingers” and people will ignore what Democrats are doing.

Oh, I'm sure it's something terribly devious like forcing affordable healthcare on everybody. Life was so much better when Trump drained the swamp and built that great, big wall.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 11:29 PM

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 3:10 AM

I wish he would define his terms. Charlotte Clymer argues that any claims of children getting drugs or surgery for trans has been debunked. I don't know whether that is the case in the US. I know that it was happening in the UK at NHS, but I believe the policy has changed after the outcry. It may be that JK Rowling was influential in that as well after she refused to back down from this attacks.

Women continue to lose body sovereignty in this country. And there has been this whole issue of gay and lesbian erasure for young people. Apparently, there is a lot of pressure to transition rather than admit to being gay or lesbian, which seems inappropriate. Then many regret it later after they have damaged their bodies. It seems to me that in the population heterosexual is the majority, lesbian/gay is the minority and trans is a tiny fraction. Gender and sexual identity issues should be taught in health classes that should be mandatory in high school. That would include statistics, biology/ physiology and sociology/psychology.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 3:17 AM

Right Wing Republicans exploit an issue for their own agenda.

The antidote for that would be actual research and education to dismantle all the hyperbole right wing fear mongering (see, r18 where women lose their "sovereignty" and a rubber erasing our gay and lesbian youth). You know, the same research and education that made demonization of homosexuality less successful nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 3:24 AM

R19, fuck Right Wing, when you dismiss sovereignty as "sovereignty" you're just as oppressive.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 4:15 AM

Sir Ian is becoming senile.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 4:17 AM

r20. LOL. Are you really trying to use TRUMP's both sides argument? Could you be any more of a right wing troll?

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 4:28 AM

The trolls who automatically accuse anyone even raising questions of being some sort of right wing conspiracy never get any traction. But they shriek loudly in every thread nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 4:52 AM

People who truly believe that store-bought tits, a dress, make-up and high heels equals female are to be pitied, not supported.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 4:56 AM

R23 Because it's so "progressive" and "Left-wing" to believe that men in dresses are women.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 4:57 AM

It's not like trans people have ever stood with gays.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2021 5:21 AM

No, no, a thousand times, NO!

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote]his trade that he picked up in the Cuba St bogs

Haha! Are you another Kiwi r7? I was around at that time, he had a terrible rep as a chicken hawk. I remember the bartenders at £ used to hide when he came in

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2021 5:33 AM

R22, do you think of TRUMP when you masturbate? You do don't you?

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2021 5:36 AM

R29, Hunter Biden will never want you even if you cut your dick off.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2021 5:36 AM

[quote] Haha! Are you another Kiwi [R7]? I was around at that time, he had a terrible rep as a chicken hawk. I remember the bartenders at £ used to hide when he came in

What do you expect for a guy who makes all those [italic]X-Men[/italic] movies with Bryan Singer?

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 5:37 AM

The only standing trans do with gays is on their necks. I wouldn't spit on one if it was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 5:37 AM

R1 R2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 5:39 AM

John Huston is my Gandalf now.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2021 5:39 AM

Time for gays to start protesting g-nd-r clinics the same way pro-lifers do to Planned Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2021 5:42 AM

The whole world has becoming exhausting. Even the fun, stupid stuff. The Golden Globes tonight was exhausting. Ian, whom I love as an actor, is exhausting.

The right wing can fuck off and die as far as I'm concerned. But the left? Forever (or at least in my lifetime) my refuge for science, common sense, humor, ideas, logic... seems to be floating away.

It's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2021 5:43 AM

The left is the new right-wing. It's not 1995 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2021 5:44 AM

r30, you need to stop the weed, don't give a fuck about Hunter, gay dude here. Well I think he's a perv. Still love my dick and other dicks.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2021 5:46 AM

R19, good luck finding objective research on current trans issues. Trans activists do not have an interest in good scientific research on transgenderism. Anything less than flattering will immediately construed as transphobic and could cost researchers their career and income.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2021 5:54 AM

or, you could say,

he is basically telling others that gays do not share the common ground with trans as you may have assumed

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2021 5:54 AM

R38 is a narc.

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2021 5:55 AM

Most gay men already do support trans women.

It’s women on this site who don’t.

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 5:59 AM

WE STAND WITH TRANS PEOPLE!

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2021 6:06 AM

[quote] WE STAND WITH TRANS PEOPLE OVER THE GRAVES OF LGB PEOPLE KILLED BECAUSE OF THEM!

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2021 6:12 AM

[quote][R19], good luck finding objective research on current trans issues. Trans activists do not have an interest in good scientific research on transgenderism. Anything less than flattering will immediately construed as transphobic and could cost researchers their career and income.

This is sexual Lysenkoism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2021 6:13 AM

I look forward to Sir Ian standing with trans people when lockdown ends and these men are refused entry to gay saunas and sex clubs because they have vaginas and breasts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2021 10:23 AM

R12 is right.

McKellen will never have to deal with the unpleasant aspects of trans activism and activists or with the intrusion of trans people in gay and lesbian spaces. It's easy to white knight if you don't have to deal with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2021 10:41 AM

Gay erasure is a thing, why doesn't he know that.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]It's not like trans people have ever stood with gays.

I was wondering if trans people in Iran ever stood up for gays there.

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2021 1:35 PM

Is Ian Gold Star?

by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Why? They don't have one fucking thing in common?

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2021 1:50 PM

Team McKellen.

by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2021 1:55 PM

Team Rowling.

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2021 1:58 PM

I think Ian is so far removed from this that he just doesn’t know.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2021 2:13 PM

Lady McKellen needs to put some preparation H on them eye bags STAT

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2021 2:20 PM

I'm tired of people saying this unspecific 'a lof of the same arguments to trans are the same ones about gays'. Really? Like what?

It's a phase? Ok - I'll buy that. BUT, if you suck a dick and find out it isn't for you long term, you just stop sucking dick. Trans are pressured to NOT de-transition.

It's not natural? Homosexual behavior is found throughout the animal kingdom. There are some cases where some animals can change gender based on their environment, but that is a natural transformation. They're not hacking off their genitals or breasts and not taking hormones.

Other than that - I don't see ANY similarities with the arguments. I wish people would either state what is similar instead of sweeping away all concerns by saying it's just like anti-gay discrimination. No, it is NOT. Present your case, otherwise shut the fuck up and listen to what people are saying.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2021 2:20 PM

[quote]The comments don't seem to be going Sir Ian's way.

Well, that's a cynical observation, R9, since troll brigades easily dominate comment sections.

That troll brigades are the ones primarily driving the anti-trans effort here on the DL and elsewhere, that kind of tells one everything one needs to know about its validity.

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2021 2:21 PM

R57 - so anyone who disagrees with trans are troll brigades and not reflective of real opinions and valid concerns. Seriously, open your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2021 2:26 PM

You don’t it find it the least bit strange that there are more trans than lesbians within Millennials and Gen Z, R57?

by Anonymousreply 59March 1, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote]so anyone who disagrees with trans are troll brigades and not reflective of real opinions and valid concerns. Seriously, open your eyes.

No, R58, this happens to be something the troll brigades intensively champion. That's not disputable. That militates against it being "reflective of real opinions and valid concerns."

by Anonymousreply 60March 1, 2021 2:31 PM

I will until someone uses the word Cis.

Ooops, there it is...

by Anonymousreply 61March 1, 2021 2:33 PM

I stand with JK Rowling. Not a bunch of misogynistic cross dressers.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote]You don’t it find it the least bit strange that there are more trans than lesbians within Millennials and Gen Z, R57?

I'm not aware that that's the case, R60, - particularly since all of these demographics cannot be clearly defined, much less counted.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2021 2:34 PM

Here you go R63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2021 2:35 PM

R60, stop being a fucking bully. We are definitely not trolls, but you might be.

by Anonymousreply 65March 1, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote]stop being a fucking bully.

It's not my fault you cannot handle the slightest challenge to your claims.

[quote]We are definitely not trolls, but you might be.

What's with this "we" shit? A couple dozens socks online do not make a "we."

Gallup polls do not constitute reliable data, R64. The method is flawed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 1, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]Gallup polls do not constitute reliable data, [R64]. The method is flawed.

lol

🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Haven't been to Queerty for years now. Usually both their articles and commenters are very woke. Glad to read their comments showing the increasingly skeptical attitude towards trans and non-binary circus that have absolutely nothing to do with gay rights at all.

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]lol

Your non-response is an admission I'm right, R67. :D

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2021 3:05 PM

Hu huh.

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2021 3:08 PM

Who is the bigger troll? PoisonDragon or Ooze?

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2021 3:09 PM

R69 - nobody is agreeing with you or saying you're right. All you've done is call people trolls for not supporting everything in the trans movement. You've provided no counter arguments - just troll calling.

Sometimes your posts are good PoisonedDragon, other times they're just pointless and add nothing but snark and name calling.

Tell me why gays and lesbians should support trans people in all their causes and concerns. Then we can have a discussion - but this troll calling is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2021 3:14 PM

I stand with trans people when it comes to better healthcare, hate crime punishments, employment and housing protections etc

I stand with women when it comes to recognising sex as a protected characteristic and sex segregated spaces, including refuges, prisons and elite sports.

I agree that historical terms should be reviewed to be inclusive, e.g. maternity services should be for mothers or birthing parents and testicular cancer awareness campaigns should reference men, trans women and anyone with testicles.

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]I stand with trans people when it comes to better healthcare,

Do you mean when parents are seeking treatment for their feminine son or masculine daughter and they can get hormones, hormone blockers if they desire without question? Same with gays and lesbians seeking treatment for their homosexuality and they believe transgenderism will cure them?

by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2021 3:23 PM

History should not be rewritten to be inclusive.

by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2021 3:23 PM

I despise trannyism. I pity the homosexual transsexual. I HATE the autogynephile. I will never, ever, 'stand' with trannies.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2021 3:25 PM

R56, I'll take on your point. If — I'm guessing you're a basic-bitch boy-gayling — you find yourself physically attracted to this muscular dude, are you ONLY gay and not at all attracted to women?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote]Do you mean when parents are seeking treatment for their feminine son or masculine daughter and they can get hormones, hormone blockers if they desire without question? Same with gays and lesbians seeking treatment for their homosexuality and they believe transgenderism will cure them?

If a child is very unhappy and gender dysphoria is thought to be part of it then yes they should be able to see a counsellor or get mental health support a lot quicker than they do now. Any counsellors worth their salt would be aware that "I don't like how my body developing" is not a reason to prescribe puberty blockers.

If after several counselling sessions a severe case of gender dysphoria is confirmed and peer reviewed then a full competency assessment should be done to assess whether the child can really consent to life changing medical treatment.

Rushed and inadequate care is one of the reasons there's such a problem now. But it doesn't mean there isn't a problem and *SOME* kids will end up transitioning properly.

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2021 3:35 PM

R77 - how is a picture of a trans man the same arguments against gays?

And yes - you can be attracted to a woman dressed up as a man and a man dressed up as a woman. It doesn't change your sexual orientation.

A lot of straight men would find drag queens and transvestites attractive women - but it doesn't mean they want the frank and beans to go with it.

It's a visual false flag - looks like a real woman or man, but it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2021 3:41 PM

R78 - so, even though their brains are not matured, don't know how to think critically, don't have life experience, it's ok to go down the trans path after a few counseling sessions?

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2021 3:43 PM

[quote]If after several counselling sessions a severe case of gender dysphoria is confirmed

How can gender dysphoria be comfirned? Tests are not scientific and are vague. Scientific testing needs to occur to determine who is fact transgender and who’s gay and lesbian and doesn’t want to be (or doesn’t want them to be, ie, parents).

[quote]Any counsellors worth their salt would be aware that "I don't like how my body developing" is not a reason to prescribe puberty blockers.

Under the Equality Act, you can no longer question or investigate.

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2021 3:43 PM

There needs to be biological tests—not psychological.

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2021 3:46 PM

So R77, if the post-modern sex-symbol muscular dude genuinely seduced you, then why are you so strict about these boundaries of gender-sex segregation? Because, R77, you just admitted your sexuality encompasses trans-sexuality. You are over the flimsy hairline of jurisdiction that you say exists.

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2021 3:49 PM

The adult brain is not fully developed until 25-26.

PoisonedDragon, I’m really disappointed in your replies here.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote] Any counsellors worth their salt would be aware that "I don't like how my body developing" is not a reason to prescribe puberty blockers.

But that's exactly what happens. Ask yourself what kind of person becomes a 'gender transition counsellor' in the first place. Someone ideologically committed to the trans absurdity, that's who. It is people like that who staffed the Tavistock Clinic in the UK and fast tracked your girls and boys onto puberty blockers and then on to even more damaging hormones, as well as surgical mutilation. That is what happened to Keira Bell, a young lesbian who transitioned and then realised she had made a terrible mistake. She won a landmark case here in the UK just recently, which put a stop to medical intervention on young so-called 'transgender' people. Keira Bell is a hero, in my view.

And you, R78, are a liar.

And you,

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2021 4:03 PM

I was pro trans until the current ideology swept over the country like a flesh eating bacterial disease. I must though admit much to my chagrin all my friends gay and straight(obviously only have dem friends) are pro the contemporary movement. I don't discuss it with them. Like I don't discuss Trump with family members.

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2021 4:21 PM

Same here, R86. Well, actually I have exactly two friends who are heterodox thinkers on this issue, and we can joke about this stuff.

Every other one of my friends (straight and gay) have drunk the Kool-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] Scientific testing needs to occur to determine who is fact transgender and who’s gay and lesbian

There is no difference, you fucking transphobic cisf@gg0t so just cut your dick off and get it over with. “Gay” “men” are women, “lesbians” are men, and homosexuality is a symptom of gender dysphoria. If you like men, then you’re a woman. If you like women, then you’re a man. Deal. Cope.

by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2021 4:30 PM

Hush. Adults are talking.

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2021 4:40 PM

TERF hate. Self-hate projection.

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote]No, [R58], this happens to be something the troll brigades intensively champion. That's not disputable.

Yes, of course it is! How on earth can you possibly know and prove this?

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] Hush. Adults are talking.

Please. What’s “adult” about refusing to seek treatment for your obvious gender dysphoria, Miz Gurlene?

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2021 4:48 PM

My hope is Dr Levine is fully aware of all of this (homophobic parents; homophobic healthcare practitioners; gays and lesbians who hate themselves) and will work to end it and vastly improve testing. That’s my silver lining.

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2021 4:57 PM

Nothing less than jail time for everybody who enabled this will satisfy me.

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2021 4:58 PM

Nope. I stand with WOMEN.

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2021 5:31 PM

TERFs worried about women athletes? What sports do TERFs do? Bowling, maybe for a very few, if they are not too obese. But bowling takes work which they are not conditioned to do.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2021 5:41 PM

^ I always read 'terf' as women, which always reveals what a drop kick the thing that uses it , is.

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2021 6:02 PM

If you replace 'TERF' with 'bitch' or 'dyke' you soon get to what the person really wanted to say.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Ian McKellen be singing a different tune when he is cancelled for refusing to fuck fellow homosexual Elliot Page's boy pussy.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2021 6:16 PM

R99, I wouldn't be surprised if--as an old school covert eldergay--Sir Ian enjoys a bit of pussy action from time to time for old time's sake.

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2021 6:53 PM

[quote]I wouldn't be surprised if--as an old school covert eldergay--Sir Ian enjoys a bit of pussy action from time to time for old time's sake.

So what are you saying...he wouldn’t mind it?

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2021 7:17 PM

The anti trans opposition has only itself to blame when it sides with the likes of right wing conservatives who have a history of pushing for anti-gay legislation.

Instead of attacking the LGBT Community they should put more effort into distancing themselves from the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2021 7:25 PM

R102 There is NO SUCH THING as the 'LGBT community'. There are Ls and Gs getting along mostly just fine, both looking slightly askance at the Bs but hey, whatever. Then there are the trannies, an entirely separate and different thing. They belong in a mental health acronym.

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2021 7:39 PM

I think Ls have their own needs, and Gs have their own needs, and Bs and Ts have their own needs and we shouldn’t be lumped together because we share same sex attraction. I think we need to move on from each other and create laws specifically for each identity. Gay marriage, lesbian marriage, etc. I think inclusion and “LGBT” was a huge mistake. There should be laws that protect each individual identity.

by Anonymousreply 104March 1, 2021 7:43 PM

R102 - "The Trans movement has only itself to blame when it sides with the likes of right wing conservatives who have a history of pushing for anti-gay legislation.

Instead of attacking the LGB Community they should put more effort into distancing themselves from the anti-biology trans spokespeople with their ludicrous demands."

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 105March 1, 2021 7:53 PM

Any man who uses the word TERF has a violent anger towards women. Now they get to pat themselves on the back for it.

by Anonymousreply 106March 1, 2021 7:56 PM

I have to laugh at anyone who uses the word ‘TERF’ unironically. Yeah, because everyone who gets tagged as a ‘TERF’ is a “radical feminist,” LOL.

Also LOL, but in agreement:

[quote]They belong in a mental health acronym.

Are there existing mental health acronyms? There should be.

by Anonymousreply 107March 1, 2021 8:00 PM

I'm not standing with any fool who goes around insisting that "genital preference" is evil.

I spent my whole fucking life fighting for my genital preference, you're not taking it away now!

by Anonymousreply 108March 1, 2021 8:02 PM

TERFs are bigots.

by Anonymousreply 109March 1, 2021 8:04 PM

Compelling argument, R109

by Anonymousreply 110March 1, 2021 8:07 PM

R31 awww, poor little Huckleberry is jealous that he didn’t get to put on the pleather super-suit, enjoy some sweet merchandise kickbacks, and actually look cool in a movie for once, so he’s whining like a punk. Guncle Magneto would be ashamed.

Hey, look on the bright side—at least you got to be in the seminal Bryan film, right? The one with cult prestige, whatever that’s worth. I mean, sure; arguably it was creepy and exploitative fetish propaganda, but who’s counting.

By the way, is Nick Stahl a good fuck? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 111March 1, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] There is NO SUCH THING as the 'LGBT community'.

You do yourself and your sad cause no favor with such false and unhinged proclamations.

by Anonymousreply 112March 1, 2021 8:19 PM

[quote] Also LOL, but in agreement:

[quote] They belong in a mental health acronym.

[quote] Are there existing mental health acronyms? There should be.

How interesting. It's not so long ago gay people were declared mentally ill and even to this day there are people promoting the benefits of gay conversion therapy.

And here you are. LOLing about trans being declared mentally ill. On a gay message board with lots of so-called eldergays remembering the old times of being called mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 113March 1, 2021 9:50 PM

R109: No, those who use that hate speech are bigots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 1, 2021 9:53 PM

Tr-ns is "right-wing" by the standards of anyone who uses that scareword to silence any criticism of tr-ns activism. The fact that Pat Robertson supports it is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 115March 1, 2021 9:55 PM

I used to pity trans people for being pathetic, but now I'm contemptuous of them for being pathetic and abusive.

by Anonymousreply 116March 1, 2021 9:56 PM

Yeah I know R115.

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2021 10:03 PM

R113

Trans people are obsessed with pretending to be something they're not and forcing other people to treat them accordingly. That's practically the definition of mental illness.

The L and G only ever wanted legal rights, not for society to pretend that gay relationships are actually straight relationships.

by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2021 10:14 PM

R113 Well so what? It was incorrect to say that gay people are mentally ill, but it is entirely correct to say that about trannies.

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2021 10:20 PM

I will stand with trans if the following is part of their platform:

1) Trans men and women are not the same as biological women or biological men. They are trans with their own life experience and medical needs/concerns. They have a unique perspective, but they do not know what a woman feels like nor do they know what it is like to grow up as a female. They cannot and do not speak for women or men. They can speak for trans - that is who they are and what they know.

2) Trans women have a physical advantage and do not belong placing in a sports competition with biological women. They can participate, but their medals / placement and records should be noted differently.

3) Trans people need to be defined as those who have, on the whole, transitioned and are taking hormones. It is not a man with a beard in a dress that 'feels like a woman'. There has to be a separation - the trans movement is brought down by these people who have no real desire to transition, just to invade women's spaces and dress up to feel pretty.

4) No child (under 18) should have any body altering hormones or surgeries until they are adults and have matured beyond teen angst and awkwardness with the world.

5) Gays and lesbians have their own communities and history. Trans should have their own. It is not the responsibility of the gay community to push money and resources to the trans community. The trans community have to start their own resources, places, codes of conduct, subcultures, etc. Gays and lesbians should not be pushed to take away money and resources from their own community to support another they are not a part of.

That's pretty much it. Five simple things - then I will support trans. But not today - not anymore after the past 5 years of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2021 11:09 PM

That seems reasonable, R120. The demand that everyone act as though transgender is the same as "cis"gender is the root of almost all the problems. If they would stop trying to establish that legal fiction and accept themselves for what they are, the whole movement would make so much more sense. I can respect someone's wish to be and act like something else, but I'm never going to accept being told that I'm a bigot because I know there's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2021 11:23 PM

I can support trans rights, but not as part of lgb. Sexual orientation is much different than gender identity. The two shouldn’t be conflated. Put transsexuality with other body dysmorphic issues where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2021 11:27 PM

R113 But they are Blanche. They are mental as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 123March 2, 2021 1:58 AM

I wish somebody would look back at gay and lesbian culture of the 1970s and 80s to see how trans people were regarded by the community then. Because I don’t remember it being a big deal, with drag queens, stone butches, transvestites, and transsexuals all being accepted as part of “us.” Why has it gotten so ugly on both sides?

by Anonymousreply 124March 2, 2021 2:31 AM

Good for Ian. I think despite what the anti trans panic brigade on here would have you believe, the LGBT community is these days well organized and in a good place. This is distraction encouraged by right wing and aided by the terf inferiority complex / general insecurity. There are currently 16 trans women in women’s prisons in the UK. Women in prisons are most at risk from the prison guards and patriarchal prison system. Similarly, cuts to local authority budgets are what has put women’s refuges at risk, not trans women. But it suits the right wing politicians to have trans women blamed rather than their own cynical policies. And the losers on here pretending to be gay men and then the occasional gay man that falls for it are just helping them.

Remember that the term LGBT is here to stay, so if you sabotage it you’re your own political enemy as a gay person. And ditto for trans people. We all help each other to help ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 125March 2, 2021 2:34 AM

R125 is gaslighting and full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 126March 2, 2021 3:04 AM

R125 - you lost us at TERF. Your hatred of lesbians and the gay community is palpable. Are you the trans counselor from the UK on previous threads?

by Anonymousreply 127March 2, 2021 3:52 AM

R127 it’s funny, I was going to add a shortlist of terms that the anti-trans trolls use, and ‘we’ is always such a tell. I think you’re a right wing troll and I don’t think you’d be on datalounge otherwise. I don’t think you’re a member of the lgbt community at all. I’ll list the other words below, if anyone has any to add or if anyone feels the same way I do, chime in!

- ilk - “their fetish” - ‘we’ instead of ‘I’ to give impression of group agreement. - using ‘trans’ as if it’s a plural of the singular ‘tran’ the same way “gays” is used for plural of “gay”. - general poor use of English - ‘your obsession’ if you’re not anti-trans

by Anonymousreply 128March 2, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote]patriarchal prison system

Oh, R125, please tell us how the UK prison is 'patriarchal'!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 2, 2021 4:13 AM

^^^

*system

by Anonymousreply 130March 2, 2021 4:13 AM

r124 The trans population of the 70/80s is completely different than the trans population of today.

by Anonymousreply 131March 2, 2021 4:17 AM

He used to (still does?) take out young men to dinner and automatically expect them to put out. I have no interest in what he says.

by Anonymousreply 132March 2, 2021 4:23 AM

r124: To expand: From the experiences I've had and read, they were a level-headed group of people that genuinely saw themselves as the opposite SEX, wanted to genuinely live as the opposite SEX, yet had a humor about themselves and understood the reality of their situation. But the trans of today. No. The trans of today are quite literally doing the shit that we gays and lesbians got accused of for decades: Shoving an agenda down everyone's throats. See the jackass below for an example. The bearded cunt claims to be a male and shames gay bottoms who aren't interested in having sex with her. "Why are cis gay bottoms so afraid of getting topped by transmascs y'all stick vegetables and fists up your hole but you won't take a strap? you're weak and you will not survive the winter. you're also missing out because trans guys lay some INCREDIBLE pipe." (Her spelling, punctuation, and emphasis)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 2, 2021 4:35 AM

And this shit: "cis gay men really need to get better at communicating whether they're attracted to men or whether they're attracted to dick."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 2, 2021 4:38 AM

The various browser extensions they use to track and trace "transphobes" -- which would be laughable if they didn't have a penchant for violent rhetoric as well as harassment and de-platforming against anyone who isn't squarely up their ass about how stunning snd brave they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 2, 2021 4:44 AM

McKellen has turned into a silly old queen.

by Anonymousreply 136March 2, 2021 4:45 AM

R128 - did you read what you posted? That's fucking gibberish. Are you drunk?

I don't know that the fuck you were trying to say to me - R127 - but you lost the plot completely.

And ENOUGH with the right-wing troll calling whenever someone disagrees with you. It's bullshit and not true.

by Anonymousreply 137March 2, 2021 4:47 AM

Every trans person I've ever known sucked the oxygen out of every room they entered.

To observe them up close and personally was to observe complete narcissism and borderline personalities in action. The whole movement is a sham based on the ridiculous fantasy notion that gender is changeable and inscrutable. Neither is true, of course.

by Anonymousreply 138March 2, 2021 5:10 AM

What puzzles me -- perhaps someone can explain it -- is how the gay media is 100% obsessed with trans, and half their news stories and features are trans, when presumably trans are but a fractional subset, and most gays and lesbians don't give a flying fuck for trans. How does that make publishing sense? I mean: if you're running a gay magazine, why would half your stories be, for example, about pedophilia? It's like the editors running the magazines have lost focus on their market.

by Anonymousreply 139March 2, 2021 5:44 AM

R139 that obsession is not coming from the LGBT community it is coming almost exclusively from heterosexual women.

by Anonymousreply 140March 2, 2021 5:52 AM

But the editors of gay media aren't heterosexual women. There has to be another explanation. Look at THEM: which Conde Naste has poured several millions into. WTF is that about? It seems to be pitched at a lower-economic, 16-25 colored audience of indeterminate sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 141March 2, 2021 5:57 AM

I must be doing something right.

I have so many of the shrill anti-trans trolls blocked this thread is only showing 15 replies.

by Anonymousreply 142March 2, 2021 6:33 AM

No I won't. Transgenderism is inherently homophobic. They are telling GID children to transition. 80 % of those same GID children would grow up to be gay or lesbian if left untreated. Don't even get me started on how self-ID threaten girls and women everywhere. Transgenderism is misogynistic. It's all based on performance. Men cannot know how it is to be a woman because they aren't women. Hell, most women don't even know what makes a woman, other than biology. There is no right or wrong way to be a woman. Women just are. Trans women are performing a gender stereotype. Being a woman is a lot more than makeup, breasts and long hair. If you support the trans ideology I know you have issues as the ideology is both homophobic and misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 143March 2, 2021 6:35 AM

[quote] What puzzles me -- perhaps someone can explain it -- is how the gay media is 100% obsessed with trans, and half their news stories and features are trans, when presumably trans are but a fractional subset, and most gays and lesbians don't give a flying fuck for trans. How does that make publishing sense? I mean: if you're running a gay magazine, why would half your stories be, for example, about pedophilia? It's like the editors running the magazines have lost focus on their market.

Surely you are trolling.

First, it's the LGBT Community. For the gay media political issues concerning other members of the LGBT Community are their concern, too. And that's what a community does, help and support every member for the benefit of the whole community. And for the gay media coming to the rescue for the trans, you can thank the right wing and the right wing trolls for that by making it a hot button issue in the first place.

Second, it's the LGBT Community and not the LGBP(edophile) Community. And using pedophilia to argue against trans? Hyperbole, much?

by Anonymousreply 144March 2, 2021 6:45 AM

[quote] What puzzles me -- perhaps someone can explain it -- is how the gay media is 100% obsessed with trans,

What media outlet brands itself as gay only?

by Anonymousreply 145March 2, 2021 6:55 AM

R144 Sexuality has nothing IN COMMON with gender feelz. NOTHING AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 146March 2, 2021 6:56 AM

[quote]He used to (still does?) take out young men to dinner and automatically expect them to put out. I have no interest in what he says.

I remember hearing during the 00s that he had an age limit of 23 and was strictly into white men only, with a strong preference for blonds.

Like Ian's friend Kevin Spacey, they liked their "companions" older than Bryan Singer, but there was clearly a "if you have sex with me I'll help your career" element to it.

Not surprising he defended them both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 2, 2021 7:50 AM

McKellen was 50 when he finally came out, so he can hardly lecture others.

by Anonymousreply 148March 2, 2021 8:04 AM

And I have a wish not to be called transphobic because I am only attracted to members of my own sex. I don’t believe women should have to share single sex places with transwomen who have penises. Live and let live by all means but don’t insist I unthinkingly accept your thinking and attempt to obliterate all criticism of your narrow, hysterical creed.

TWAW is patent nonsense. Deny biology all you want but please don’t insist I must.

by Anonymousreply 149March 2, 2021 8:19 AM

R139

It's astroturfing. Those media orgs are pushing trans hard to try to make fetch happen. If they think they'll eventually make money off it, they're playing a very long game. Them has always lost money. Its intended demographic doesn't read magazines.

by Anonymousreply 150March 2, 2021 8:38 AM

[quote]Surely you are trolling. First, it's the LGBT Community. For the gay media political issues concerning other members of the LGBT Community are their concern, too. And that's what a community does

What little rainbow cloud dreamland did you float down on, R144?

There's no such fucking thing as a LGBT Community. There's only an occasional rag tag of causes, which some people subscribe to. There hasn't been a meaningful one since ACT-UP, and that was over three decades ago! Most LG&B people care nothing for T. We wish them well. But march for them? Protest for them? Subscribe to the hairbrained causes of their most extreme advocates? You're dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 151March 2, 2021 8:48 AM

Cunnilingus and scissoring are awesome.

Eldergays only care about buttholes.

Trans is dress-up and robbing women of their trophies.

by Anonymousreply 152March 2, 2021 8:49 AM

New UK scholarly research: Men become trans to punch women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 2, 2021 8:56 AM

R147 Was Singer ever "in the closet?" I heard he was "openly bisexual" back in the 90s.

I don't like McKellen. He's a creep who stayed in the closet until he was an old man, and now does the "cuddly gay uncle" routine for the straights.

by Anonymousreply 154March 2, 2021 10:22 AM

People don't know the struggle I have been through as a non-gender conforming gay bisexual pansexual unicorn kraken.

by Anonymousreply 155March 2, 2021 10:37 AM

I wonder how much hot blond <23 ass McKellan has really gotten, R147?

by Anonymousreply 156March 2, 2021 11:03 AM

[quote] For the gay media political issues concerning other members of the LGBT Community are their concern, too. And that's what a community does, help and support every member for the benefit of the whole community.

That puts a very noble and altruistic spin on their motivation. And for a few that may be true. But for many, they are afraid of being labeled transphobic. They cover the news. They don’t want to become the news.

by Anonymousreply 157March 2, 2021 11:25 AM

People above are right. McKellen didn’t come out until he was almost 50 and a wealthy, successful actor. A chickenshit move but one that now apparently qualifies him to be the go-to gay for the lumpenhets. And he cited ‘the closet’ as an excuse for his creepy mates to use their status and wealth to abuse younger, poorer gay men. Those poor misunderstood predators.

We’d never hear the end of it if he lost a role to someone half his size with a beard and vagina. Even if they were good with a strap on.

by Anonymousreply 158March 2, 2021 12:31 PM

#droptheT

by Anonymousreply 159March 2, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]#droptheT

That Reddit forum was so shockingly and bizarrely homophobic. It was a first they came for the T then they came for the G kind of place. You’d think that sub would cherish gay culture...no. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 160March 2, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote] There's no such fucking thing as a LGBT Community. There's only an occasional rag tag of causes, which some people subscribe to.

You are unhinged and delusional. LGBT exists since the 90s. But to the trolls like you, it's an issue now, because you decided to use the bullshit right wing "superior vs. inferior" rhetoric where the Trans got uppity and threaten The Gays' so-called superior status within the LGBT Community.

That's your whole argument. Based on right wing fearmongering where minorities come for the vastly superior white folk.

by Anonymousreply 161March 2, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote]The Gays' so-called superior status within the LGBT Community. That's your whole argument. Based on right wing fearmongering where minorities come for the vastly superior white folk.

What would you do with those superior white gay folk?

by Anonymousreply 162March 2, 2021 1:32 PM

Where is r139 now showing us proof that there is gay only media reporting about trans?

by Anonymousreply 163March 2, 2021 1:42 PM

I think Outsports is a good example of gay media focusing mostly on trans. It was trans obsessed for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 164March 2, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote][R99], I wouldn't be surprised if--as an old school covert eldergay--Sir Ian enjoys a bit of pussy action from time to time for old time's sake.

It's like you don't know who Ian "Gold Star" McKellen is.

by Anonymousreply 165March 2, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote]I wonder how much hot blond <23 ass McKellan has really gotten, [R147]?

I've no doubt there are a lot of white men in London who can boast of having sucked Gandalf's cock in exchange for theatre tickets, an expensive dinner, hanging around on set, an acting credit or simply because they can boast of the thrill of having sucked Gandalf's cock.

by Anonymousreply 166March 2, 2021 2:06 PM

Here’s r161 with the race baiting.

If men can become women and vice versa then why can’t Rachel dozeal be black?

by Anonymousreply 167March 2, 2021 2:19 PM

Creepy grandpa needs attention 🙄

by Anonymousreply 168March 2, 2021 3:57 PM

[quote]R72: this troll calling is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

No, babe. It's what you do online which constitutes 'trolling' - spreading hatred of minority constituencies, like the trans. It's bigotry, and no amount of gaslighting, throwing the accusation back at your opponents will change that.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 169March 2, 2021 10:18 PM

Fuck Poisoned Dragon, that dumb bitch. You're a homiphobic troll, F&F it.

by Anonymousreply 170March 2, 2021 11:42 PM

R169 Are you mentally challenged? Or have the meds stopped working?

by Anonymousreply 171March 3, 2021 4:41 AM

R170 fuck you and your whore mother

by Anonymousreply 172March 6, 2021 7:55 AM

[quote] My hope is Dr Levine is fully aware of all of this (homophobic parents; homophobic healthcare practitioners; gays and lesbians who hate themselves) and will work to end it and vastly improve testing. That’s my silver lining.

He doesn't care. He's in it for the money.

by Anonymousreply 173March 6, 2021 8:40 AM

R172, your mother sucks tranny dick.

by Anonymousreply 174March 6, 2021 8:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!