Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How does Spike Lee qualify for the vaccine?

He's under 63 and in good health. Are directors considered essential workers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 7:29 AM

You literally know nothing about this health OP. He might have diabetes, or hypertension or who knows what.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 12:02 PM

Isn’t he diabetic?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 12:02 PM

Obviously you did not watch the video in the link you posted, you race baiting troll.

If you had, you would know the answer to your question within 15 seconds

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 12:03 PM

[quote] race baiting troll.

Only Trumpers use terms like that.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 12:05 PM

Other than race baiting what would be the point of OP's post. Muriel please ban this troll.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 12:06 PM

What's his race have to do with it, R5? OP asks a legit question, why do rich celebs get to jump the line?

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 12:11 PM

It's not a legit question when the answer is in the damn video r5.

Fuck off with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 12:14 PM

If you watched it the answer is immediate. So this is not a legitimate question nor is your opinion Skyman.

He says as a professor he is eligible. That's true in New York State as there is a priority in getting schools and universities back into face to face teaching and up to 100% capacity. He's also doing this to convince other Blacks to get the vaccine.

It's a public service announcement and he did not jump the line.

Muriel please note the race baiters.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 12:16 PM

What a bunch of crap a privileged black celeb getting the vaccine. He has not health issues, it says in the video he just realized he's a "professor" since he occasionally teaches at a film school. What a cop out bullshit excuse to jump to the front of the line. #richblackprivilege

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 12:18 PM

[quote]Muriel please note the race baiters.

You know, today was the day I planned on giving you assholes an "edit" feature.

Now, I guess I will spend the day "noticing" the fucking race baiters instead. Makes it easier to polish my nails, so I'm okay with it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 12:19 PM

Firm school is not a priority R9. It's a luxury.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 12:19 PM

That was for R8. Film school is a luxury.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 12:20 PM

Man, the trolls are out this morning. I haven't even had my coffee yet.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Only Trumpsters call out racebaiting trolls? Get the fuck outta here with that.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 12:22 PM

R3 and R5 are the ones who brought race into it, as I’m sure they do ad nauseam elsewhere on this board. R8 isn’t any better. It IS possible to make a point about watching the video in a civil manner without hollering “RACIST!!!” in such an idiotic way. These mindless gatekeepers really need to leave.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 12:22 PM

R7, why are you yelling at r5? He's right, there's no point to this question except to race bait. You're confused.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 12:23 PM

All educators in NYS were in the second list. We are beyond even that list now. Priority is determined by state regulations.

Continue trolling.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2021 12:23 PM

In my State you only need 2 co-morbidities to get the vaccine now. So if you’re fat and smoke you can get it.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2021 12:23 PM

A post was made questioning how Rosie O’Donnell was allowed to get the vaccine and no one freaked out

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2021 12:23 PM

I'm still laughing at trolls declaring whether someone is "healthy" or not? Are you their physician now? You have access to their medical records?

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2021 12:24 PM

There's no point to asking this question except to troll, r15.

No idea if you're one of the people who are simply unable to tell who's a troll, or if you're a troll yourself, but can the high-and-mighty attitude here. OP is trolling. Everyone has caught on except you, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2021 12:24 PM

There has been an unfortunately high degree of skepticism in the African-American community about getting the vaccine. Having high-profile people like Spike Lee advocate for it and demonstrating that it is safe by getting the vaccine is an act of public service and outreach. MVP Harris was on Al Sharpton's show Saturday night and they were discussing this very issue.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2021 12:27 PM

That was trolling too, R19, but no one on DL knows what a troll is anymore, apparently. The OP of the Rosie thread was also saying Trump would win the election.

Not to mention, the reason the anti-lesbian trolling doesn't get called out is because like 75% of this place is full of 70-year-old assholes who think posting "her pussy stinks" 25 times a day for a decade straight is the height of hilarity.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2021 12:28 PM

In New Jersey anyone who smokes can get a vaccine. Requirements are very loose. I think Murphy made right decision, less red tape and get it into as many arms as possible.

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2021 12:29 PM

If it's that easy for all teachers to vaccinated, why are they all complaining they cant get it then? Why did Dr Faucci say it would be nice, but not not a requirement?

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2021 12:33 PM

If gays were afraid to get vaccinated, would they let Ricky Martin jump ahead of the line? Would society applaud that or would they say grow the fuck up and get vaccinated, you are adults, you don't need a celeb to make you save your life. Things that make you go Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2021 12:37 PM

Hon, every state runs their vaccine program differently r25. We don't have 1 national plan, we have 50.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2021 12:41 PM

I though JOE was supposed to give us the great national plan?

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote] would they let Ricky Martin jump ahead of the line?

Ricky Martin would *prance* to the head of the line!

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2021 12:51 PM

Things that make me go Hmmmm, R26, are asshole comments like yours...

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Ah, I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 2:06 PM

Mother fucker looks like an ant.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 2:07 PM

Midgets are on the list

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] Only Trumpers use terms like that.

No, Trumpers actually do it. You’re too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] A post was made questioning how Rosie O’Donnell was allowed to get the vaccine and no one freaked out

The thread was started because someone freaked out. Everyone agreed that she was obese. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 2:11 PM

The runt of the runt litter squealed until they stuck him.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] He says as a professor he is eligible. That's true in New York State as there is a priority in getting schools and universities back into face to face teaching and up to 100% capacity. He's also doing this to convince other Blacks to get the vaccine.

That's such a crock. As if that's his main job. And getting universities back to in-person teaching is absolutely not the same need as getting elementary schools and high schools back to in-person teaching. College stidents are all mostly adults and their "need" to be taught in-person is negligible. The "need" is financial for the universities who are pressuring officials to include them in this "need".

And there areplenty of AAs truly eligible like for hesl reasons or fir age that ca serve as a role model for the AA community. Spike Lee is not necessary.

So, yea, no matter what lame excuses are given and no matter how this eas enabled by officials unduly onfluenced, this is absolutely privileged and outrageous.

And yes Rosie should not have gotten it either. She can afford to safely remain in place until it should be her time.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2021 4:20 PM

I would guess Rosie qualifies for medical reasons 🏥

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 4:30 PM

Well they both qualified under the rules of their state r37. I am sorry that the state governments forgot to consult with to decide which groups of people are allowed to be vaccinnated.

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2021 4:34 PM

With you*

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2021 4:34 PM

Who cares? Anytime someone gets the vaccine, we should celebrate. It means we're one step closer to going back to some shred of a normal life as a country. This whole "how did they get it when I didn't" think is ridiculous. Different states also have different ways of handling this whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2021 5:48 PM

As someone mentioned upthread, Spike Lee getting the vaccine is a good thing as he sets an example for the many African Americans and people in general, skeptical of getting a vaccine. He could have easily gotten vaccinated without publicizing it, so no one would troll him and question it, but he put it out there to be helpful.

Its absolutely ridiculous to call this racial however with no evidence other than the accusers projection based simply on the fact that Lee is black. Many other celebrities and public figures of all ethnicities have been questioned similarly. Calling race on everything involving a black person is tiresome, deluded and actually hurts the cause of real racial justice in cases where there are clear racial motivations, of which there are many.

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2021 7:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!