Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

POZ guys

Why are they always so trashy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 18, 2021 2:17 AM

He screams BPD

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2021 1:29 AM

Clone we used to call them

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2021 1:30 AM

In many cases, I wonder if the non bug chasers hate themselves for becoming poz and commence with the tats and other self mutilation stuff.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2021 1:45 AM

So professional

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2021 1:50 AM

They aren't OP. Fuck all you cunts are terrible people - looking at [bold]YOU[/bold] R3 in particular.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2021 1:55 AM

Agree with R5. End the stigma.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2021 1:57 AM

I’m curious why the facial wasting doesn’t go away if they are no longer detectable.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2021 1:58 AM

R6 My HIV + boss deserved the stigma and every other misfortune

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2021 2:00 AM

Enough with the leather harnesses. Save it for the bedroom or the back room of the Eagle.

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2021 2:00 AM

Biden's new HIV weapon. For or against?

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2021 2:02 AM

I hate the term “Poz” - like it’s something fun and playful and not an incurable viral infection

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2021 2:04 AM

Where does it say in that article that he's HIV positive? He's a doctor working to prevent HIV infection and it sounds like he would say that he was poz if he was.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2021 2:05 AM

R12 This kind usually always is.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2021 2:06 AM

I’m the Wizard of Poz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2021 2:07 AM

R7 Along with the other side effects.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2021 2:09 AM

What exactly is "this kind" R13?

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2021 3:22 AM

So, OP, what makes you feel like generalizing outrageously while insulting HIV+ gay is a good thing here at the DL?

Actually the question is: Are you just a stupid individual troll or do you represent a specific faction of the stupid?

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2021 3:29 AM

In a thread of mine, there are dozens of responses by eldergays of sadness from losing their friends to the AIDS epidemic while OP here is shitting on the those who have the same disease today but still surviving.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2021 3:39 AM

My theory is that nobody will date HIV guys so they have no choice but to go slutty. So many ignorant gays refuse to date one.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2021 3:43 AM

R19, I don't think that is true with medication...if they are undetectable, they can't transmit. I'm thinking people with herpes have more of a problem dating and finding LTR

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2021 3:53 AM

I find it so amusing that when people become Poz they start insisting that if you don't have sex with them, you are intolerant.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2021 4:00 AM

Yeah, It's like the whole U=U and Mr. Friendly movement was just a way for positive guys to say you're a bad person for not wanting to have bareback sex with them.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2021 4:52 AM

Also, who the Hell, is going to take a doctor that dresses like he's the lead in a community theatre production of Cruising seriously on any subject?

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2021 4:57 AM

why is every millennial i meet HIV positive '

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2021 5:06 AM

My immediate thought was that the man in the photo couldn't be 1/10th as trashy as whoever OP is.

It's 2021.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2021 5:55 AM

I've run out of FFs for this thread.

Most of the posters here are vile.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2021 6:05 AM

Not slut shaming, sex positive as the next person, but just how about stop being a cumdump for like 5 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2021 6:09 AM

Anyone who has contracted HIV through unprotected sex after the mid eighties (i.e. when we found out what caused it) is an irresponsible slut and deserves to have it.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2021 6:12 AM

R28 blames Rock Hudson and millions of people for their own demise. By your way of thinking, STARVING people should just eat more?.

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2021 6:34 AM

r29 Sweetie, your reading comprehension skills fails you, Rock Hudson contracted HIV BEFORE it was known it could be transferred through unprotected sex. And comparing it to starving people makes no sense whatsoever. If you'd said choosing to drink cyanide in the knowledge that it will make you sick and could kill you, that would be a fair comparison.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 6:47 AM

don't let him cum up your bum

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 6:50 AM

I do wish poz guys would quit acting like the ONLY true source of HIV/AIDS anything.

Bitch, you seroconverted after safe sex guidelines came out in 1984. Save the bullshit, you don't know anything except how to catch it!

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 7:23 AM

% of trolls on this thread = 78 Average IQ on this thread = 78

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 7:29 AM

R30 = blames AIDS on the Aids victims. Probably laughed when Ryan White died. And using the word "sweetie" is something old queens (like Andy Cohen) do. So R30 is one of "those" gays.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 8:25 AM

r34 Sweetie, do you prefer hun? Hun, Ryan White contracted HIV from a blood transfusion. You can't read properly, I'm talking about promiscuous, irresponsible sluts who, knowing HIV could be contracted through unsafe/bb anal sex, went ahead and did it anyway. No one made them play Russian Roulette with their health. And the 'sweetie' was used to be condescending, because you're a deadshit.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 8:34 AM

R35 = Manless. Probably because he calls guys "Sweetie" and celebrated when Freddie Mercury died. Also uses the word "Dude" because it makes him feel younger than 65. Also thinks TikTok Guys are high art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 8:41 AM

and Freddie Mercury was a promiscuous, irresponsible slut

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2021 8:43 AM

You people behave as if HIV./AIDS is innate like diabetes and as such, completely unavoidable

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2021 8:47 AM

R38 = MILO

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2021 8:48 AM

[quote]In a thread of mine, there are dozens of responses by eldergays of sadness from losing their friends to the AIDS epidemic while OP here is shitting on the those who have the same disease today but still surviving.

Here's a stunning newsflash for you R18 - those same eldergays who lived through the AIDS epidemic and commiserated at length, in long lamenting posts about losing their friends in the eighties in your thread are the same ones in THIS thread who are making all the vile and disgusting comments about other gay men who have contracted HIV recently. It's totally unacceptable to the eldergays. Unfathomable. Nobody should have been having sex since the eighties according to them and if anyone has contracted HIV recently then it's their fault and they deliberately set out to get HIV and the eighties eldergays immediately judge them as the lowest possible version of gay life gutter garbage and the vile vitriol comes out like it has in this thread. There's so many examples I don't have to point them out to you.

The eldergay eighties AIDs scarred crowd are one of the most vile and hateful groups here on Datalounge and always will be. They say the same things in any thread about anyone who is HIV+ here. Luckily, they are dying out themselves now because they are all so old and bitter and consumed by hatred. And when they're gone the world will be a better place for it.

You would think the eldergay eighties AIDs crowd on Datalounge would be deeply sympathetic and immediately supportive of other gay men who have contracted HIV - but as you can clearly see - no...

R26 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2021 9:04 AM

R40 = Blaming the "Eighties Aids Crowd" when the blame on this thread is clearly from Millennials who are throwing around their judgement for people who contracted AIDS?...

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2021 9:26 AM

R37 - his "wife" said that because he kept testing negative until the late 1980's, he came to feel somehow "invincible". What I can't understand is how he was testing negative but presenting symptoms to the point where in his las ever tour, the band knew something was wrong since either his partner or ex-girlfriend were in his dressing room pre and post concert with oxygen and meds.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2021 10:59 AM

I'm POZ (from the early 2000's) but I take all this ribbing/stigmatizing with a grain of salt. HIV/AIDS is a lot less scary from here on the "other side" but I'm not on a crusade to change mindsets. Just grateful for todays meds.

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2021 11:05 AM

Well, this appointment is going to work out well. You know the reThugs will have A LOT to say about this clone.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2021 11:08 AM

Imagine if he were black? Corporate America won't even allow dreadlocks in the office.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2021 11:17 AM

Appointing a gay man doesn't mean searching for the trashiest and most stereotyped clone you can find. Bad optics for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2021 11:35 AM

2024 fodder

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2021 11:36 AM

White trash

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2021 2:48 PM

Not here to stigmatize. But while not technically incorrect, saying HIV is "a lot less scary" is irresponsible.

I'm negative, my husband is positive. We've been together like this for 21 years. I can tell you that despite being undetectable, his health has declined a lot because of HIV. At this point, he's got hiv-induced Parkinson's disease, sleeps like 14 hours a day, and has awful cognitive issues. It's ruined our lives.

While undetectable, the virus is still hiding in the brain, and scientists think it's having long term effects. Dementia, Parkinson's disease being two of them.

So people should do*everything* they can to avoid catching that virus. Everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2021 3:08 PM

Some of you have to be realistic. Do you really think it's appropriate for CDC HIV Director to show a tatted up chest with a leather harness and...a PENTAGRAM in the middle?

That's clickbait for the right wing and for anyone with even the slightest bit of homophobia.

It also underscores HIV stereotypes - it doesn't liberate or provide a different, new view of HIV. It's the most tired cliched image of HIV carriers.

Leather is an old queen dying look anyway. I can't think of a worse photo they could have used. I don't see ANYTHING edgy about that look - I see someone who is desperately trying to look ALT and sexy, which is just embarrassing.

My partner is HIV+ and he admits he got it from being messed up on drugs and being careless. He was self-destructive at the time. That's fine and understandable and truthful.

But the vast majority of HIV+ people never admit this as they don't want to take ANY responsibility for contracting it. HIV is not some inevitable disease to contract - millions of us have stayed HIV negative for decades.

It is embarrassing after all the work our community has done that we still have so many cases of HIV. It IS irresponsible - it IS avoidable.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2021 3:18 PM

R49 here. My husband has also admitted he got infected while being careless and engaged into promiscuous behavior. In other words, he was being a slut, and wanted it bareback. At least, I appreciate his honesty about it.

How many people are being infected through that type of scenario, vs being infected because of a real accident (e.g. condom breaking)?

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2021 3:25 PM

R49 I said it 's "a lot less scary" which is completely subjective , not scientific and defines my reality. It in no way promotes getting infected carelessly. Sorry what you and partner are going thru but somewhat of an outlier these days..

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2021 3:27 PM

You just know he’s a nightmare to work for

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2021 3:34 PM

Here's a video of him - so big, bad and butch in that leather and then a pink Prada purse falls out when he speaks.

I don't understand how they can write "Between 2013 — shortly before Daskalakis joined the NYC Department of Health — and 2017, the rate of new HIV infections in the city among gay and bisexual men dropped by approximately 35 percent." without acknowledging that Prep came out in 2012 and probably had much more to do with the decline than any policy he implemented.

It is irresponsible that gay men do not get regular HIV tests and some still spread it to others. There are many places for FREE HIV testing. Everyone should know their status. I hate all the downplaying of diseases - just like COVID where there are those saying it isn't that bad and the death rate is small. You don't want COVID or HIV and should protect yourself and others.

It's very much the same thing in my mind, although HIV is exponentially more difficult to contract than COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2021 4:09 PM

R54, I stopped watching after 2 seconds into the video. I'm going to echo the thoughts on this thread--I have 100% sympathy for anyone who got HIV/AIDs through the early 90s or so because the disease was so new and people were just starting to figure it out. But people who have loads of sex now who end up getting it? I don't WANT them to have the disease but at the same time, am I going to listen to their sob stories? No. There is so much information out there now and they should know better. What's so funny about these people is that they wouldn't have even given "poz" people a second glance before they had the disease. Now, it's all about "poz positivity" and if you don't fuck them, you're just ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]So people should do*everything* they can to avoid catching that virus. Everything.

I'm sorry sir, "Prevention" was deemed judgmental. You've been canceled. The only AIDS/HIV strategies allowed are U=U/shaming HIV-negative men to have raw sex with poz guys, and avoiding "stigma", which includes any statements of fact.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2021 6:38 PM

R56 nobody expects that. You've invented bogey man monsters you're so full of hatred.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2021 6:39 PM

r57. I'm speaking the easily observable truth.

You're just unused to people refusing to coddle you.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote] Bad optics for Biden.

I doubt Biden knew. He's just signing whatever they put in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2021 6:43 PM

What bullshiit. I never met a poz guy who insisted I had to have sex with him, let alone in any way - raw or condom or whatever. I've never been shamed into sex by a poz guy nor told I have stigma. This is in your FUCKING dreary nightmare fantasy world. I doubt you've had much of a sex life for the last decades.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2021 7:16 PM

R60 - neither have I and I have dated older men who told me openly they were POZ. If there are some that do that, than these queens need to upgrade to better quality men.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2021 7:59 PM

I can't believe the number of posts/posters I had already blocked in this thread. It's about a third of the posts. What's going on here? What is the troll end game? I suspect most of the nasty responses of any type are by one or two trolls trying to stir up shit.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2021 8:09 PM

It's more than one or two trolls. HIV threads on Datalounge bring out all the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2021 8:21 PM

R50, there is no singular community that is stamping out AIDS like ducks stamping out a forest fire. HIV outreach is difficult to do for many groups, including:

Racial minorities, who have the extra stigma of being a racial minority, and who also probably live in communities where having sex with men is more stigmatized than it is even within general society. And who are probably suspicious of authority figures generally;

People who party & play with meth, who are too addled and alienated from society to bother with things like testing, PrEP, and being concerned about their and their partners' health;

Poor people, who lack access to the messaging found on cable TV, the internet, other gay media, and in gay spaces;

Rural people, for the similar reasons as poor people.

Nobody is absolutely ignorant about HIV these days. However there are still large sectors of the population who believe it couldn't happen to them, because they're female, down low, married, only fuck guys under 25, "have standards," or simply prefer to have their heads stuck in the sand on the topic.

I'm not giving anybody a pass here, but it's not the fault of the community, by which I'll assume you mean urban mostly white gay men. They're mostly on PrEP these days. Of those in the community who get HIV, nearly all of them are using drugs.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote]I’m curious why the facial wasting doesn’t go away if they are no longer detectable.

Early HIV drugs caused lipodystrophy. Facial fat lost due to lipodystrophy doesn't return. I know HIV-positive men who've had fat transfers or use some of the more serious fillers, like Sculptra, to regain normal-looking facial volume.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote] I find it so amusing that when people become Poz they start insisting that if you don't have sex with them, you are intolerant.

No R21 that’s not it at all. They’re saying that if you don’t have sex with them BECAUSE they’re HIV positive when otherwise you would have had sex with them, then you’re intolerant (and undereducated).

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2021 8:38 PM

The fallacy of U=U is that one's "undetectable" status can change quickly, depending on their adherence to drug regimens and other factors.

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2021 8:39 PM

Sorry R67 I think you’ve misunderstood the terminology. ‘undetectable’ is a status that is contingent on regular testing to ensure that the viral load remains undetectable. When your status changes you are no longer ‘undetectable’. So U = U is correct, insofar as the patient understands the status requires regular testing to be true. Hope that helps :) nobody is under the illusion that ‘undetectable’ is achieved once and then lasts forever regardless of adherence to medicine etc. otherwise that would be a cure.

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2021 8:46 PM

R62 - I suspect they are those who:

1. Feel traumatized by the AIDS epidemic (lost friends) 2. Have internalized homophobia 3. Aren't gay men to begin with 4. Aren't seeing the bigger picture and blame the infected

The bigger picture is that one single careless or drunk night and it can happen. Even if you have one partner. C'mon.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] The bigger picture is that one single careless or drunk night and it can happen. Even if you have one partner. C'mon.

Come on--that is NOT the vast majority of HIV cases these days in America. Most people here don't get HIV from having unprotected sex once.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2021 9:03 PM

R70 lol whooooooosh. Previous posters’ point is that there is a very wide and many-faceted picture of how people are infected, so there’s no point treating it as if it’s more singular. But you keep on keepin’ on.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2021 9:14 PM

R70 - ok but what is the point of coming on a gay site (I don't know if you are a man, gay, woman or what) and shaming people who have AIDS/HIV after the community (and many posters on here) lost loved ones to AIDS.

Do you also shame smokers? Drinkers? Yeah, they have bad habits but you don't know their whole life story. What I am saying is yes, people should be more responsible and, sadly, lotsof gay men aren't and that is on us but I can't fathom being so judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 9:23 PM

Freddie Mercury is another example of shaming. Look, he repressed his sexuality to try and save a relationship with the only woman who was a sort of "mother" to him for 4 long years. He even told his partner that. His hag said he was so wrecked with guilt at convincing his ex to dump a straight man for him (she had zero clue and was a teenage virgin) that he was hardly in his right mind most of the time. What I am saying is, everyone has a story...don't just judge people. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2021 9:30 PM

R62, this site has a small portion of posters who seem really wise and fascinating. The majority have always come off as gay incels though. Just truly rotten losers with warped ideas of sex.

Still the small minority of great posters draws me back despite knowing I have to ignore 90% of the posters. Datalounge is full of shit with a rare few pieces of diamonds.

So don’t worry about the losers, they wouldn’t be so miserable if they had anything of worth.

With that said, this doctor is actually a known loser in circles in the know.

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2021 9:30 PM

The fact that the mascot for the U=U movement is a porn performer who did bug chasing fetish videos for Treasure Island Media sends a bit of a mixed message, to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 10:50 PM

R74 - I also have noticed that. For exemple, pre-COVID, I was an occasional lurker that enjoyed the wit and wisdom of some of the older and more educated gay men on the site but had so much to do....office, date, social life, travel, etc. that even though I made an account, I didn't post. Now, I too have become a gay "incel" due to my sex and social life going to hell during the pandemic...no gay community left here in this small city so I post a lot to break up the monotony and have a gay space at least. But yeah, it's a mixed bag...50/50.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 11:14 PM

You see similar realities with AIDS that you are seeing with COVID. With vaccines on the horizon people are less fearful. And while with AIDS you had “condom fatigue”, now you see mask fatigue and people being more risky, even though we aren’t out of the woods yet.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 11:20 PM

R77 - I think we all have massive COVID fatigue but some of us still manage to mask up though yeah, totally get it. Personally the day I get to stop wearing a mask will be the best day of my life.

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2021 12:01 AM

BTW I didn't read in that article that he is POZ. Had to look on his Instagram. Yeah, strange look for a doctor but tbh he seems to be a professor. I also kind of distrust anyone who posts stuff that makes them seem like their life is this perfect and always just pics of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2021 12:04 AM

I don’t believe Dr. Daskalakis is actually poz.

He first made his name by going to bathhouses and sex parties and offering HIV testing and condom education. He’s never shied away from in-your-face public health.

He was Deputy Commissioner NYC Dept of Health where he publicized PrEP and U=U and helped bring down the HIV infection rate to record lows. He just moved to CDC in Atlanta.

He’s a real public health star.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2021 12:25 AM

Trannies are the worst. We must drop them!

Bis are so fickle and unpredictable. We must drop them.

Lesbians have no humor. We must drop them.

HIV positive Gays are so disgusting. We must drop them.

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2021 3:13 AM

Is there anyone who is HIV positive that doesn’t like or doesn’t use the term Poz when referring to their status?

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2021 3:18 AM

How many 'Milky Loads' references have there been in this thread so far?

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2021 5:20 PM

They are not trashy because they are poz, they are poz because they are trashy. This ain’t 1984.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote] You see similar realities with AIDS that you are seeing with COVID. With vaccines on the horizon people are less fearful. And while with AIDS you had “condom fatigue”, now you see mask fatigue and people being more risky, even though we aren’t out of the woods yet.

Get on PrEP.

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2021 6:41 PM

How do people become hiv positive these days? Drugs? Bareback?

by Anonymousreply 86March 2, 2021 4:34 AM

R74 - since this is a gay gossip site, care to elaborate on why he is a "known loser"?

by Anonymousreply 87March 2, 2021 8:12 AM

They're not all trashy, silly!

However, one does not usually get any sort of STI from an afternoon of tea and discussions of Wittgenstein.

by Anonymousreply 88March 2, 2021 8:26 AM

Even Disney is +

by Anonymousreply 89March 2, 2021 2:19 PM

After they've tested positive, many see themselves as damaged goods and decide to look the part.

by Anonymousreply 90March 2, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] How do people become hiv positive these days? Drugs? Bareback?

Yes and yes

by Anonymousreply 91March 2, 2021 8:38 PM

They're icky. Like fats, blacks, and fems.

by Anonymousreply 92March 2, 2021 9:28 PM

There is no reason for anyone to have become HIV+ since 1990, unless it was an accident (condom breakage) or they were so ignorant and unaware that they didn't know to take precautions.

Guys who carelessly or casually allow themselves to become infected impose tremendous additional costs on the healthcare system.

by Anonymousreply 93March 2, 2021 10:51 PM

R93 - shhh....you're not supposed to say that out loud!

by Anonymousreply 94March 2, 2021 10:57 PM

R49 your post is the one everyone should read. I'm sorry you are both going thru this. The fact that this isn't being pointed out more frequently is astonishing to me.

by Anonymousreply 95March 2, 2021 11:00 PM

Thanks r95. I wish this was talked about more often too.

Another poster claimed that my husband's case is an outlier. Is it though? The prevalence of Parkinson's disease in the general population age 60+ is less than 1%. But among long term HIV+ patients, it's about 5%. That's 1 in 20. I don't think it's uncommon at all. And it's only one of the possible health issues associated with long term HIV. I think that life with the virus really sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Shaming people who have HIV is ridiculous.

We certainly don't shame people who have heart attacks and strokes, but those are entirely preventable through lifestyle change as well.

by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2021 1:30 PM

[quote] There is no reason for anyone to have become HIV+ since 1990, unless it was an accident (condom breakage) or they were so ignorant and unaware that they didn't know to take precautions. Guys who carelessly or casually allow themselves to become infected impose tremendous additional costs on the healthcare system.

Unfortunately the burden of new HIV cases is coming from southern black males who are shamed by their churches and communities so have no real understanding of HIV and how to prevent it. They don't understand the need for condoms and don't have access to PrEP

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2021 1:32 PM

First it's not shaming, it's informing. Stop victimizing.

And second, we talk much more about the dangers of bad diets, lack of exercise, alcohol consumption, smoking etc.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2021 1:32 PM

Unfortunately, unless a gay man is willing to forgo anal sex forever or live the rest of his life on prep while using condoms forever there will always be some risk. The condom could break, your husband might cheat on you and then give it to you. These are exceptions but I feel it’s something we are all living with on some level. Yes, most who contract HIV were at one point willing to engage in riskier behavior but there is no point in adding insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2021 1:58 PM

R97- what are you talking about? Heart attacks and strokes are natural and mainly age-related. Yes, some people have them through poor diet and exercise, but many do not.

That's a ridiculous statement. They are NOT 100% preventable.

And millions of gays around the world have been able to keep themselves negative for decades. It is just a matter of irresponsible and reckless behavior - 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote] Heart attacks and strokes are natural and mainly age-related. Yes, some people have them through poor diet and exercise, but many do not.

No, they are 100% preventable. We are just used to so many elderly having these conditions that we've been conditioned to think it's normal.

They are all a product of a lifetime of terrible diets and lack of exercise. Eat a plant based diet and be physically and mentally active, and you don't get heart attacks and strokes.

by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote] And millions of gays around the world have been able to keep themselves negative for decades. It is just a matter of irresponsible and reckless behavior - 99% of the time.

It's the exact same with heart attacks and strokes--irresponsible and reckless behavior; eating and drinking whatever crap they want; not doing a lick of exercise and sporting their huge bellies like theyre trophies.

by Anonymousreply 103March 3, 2021 2:05 PM

The premise that we don't talk about how a healthy lifestyle can prevent heart attacks is ridiculous. People talk about it all the time. There's a lot of information out there, and few people talk of trolling or shaming (and even if there were a little bit of shaming, that wouldn't be all bad as a deterrent).

For HIV, if you talk about how it's 100% preventable, then you're accused of trolling. This is a silencing tactic.

This is not about making HIV+ people fell bad or regretful. It's about informing all HIV- people about all the hardships of being positive. Fulfilling a 1 time fantasy by being willfully careless can have devastating and permanent consequences.

Also, condom accidents can happen. But using very rare exceptions (what fraction of the time does such an accident leads to an infection) to rule the general case (that most of the time you can prevent infections) is another disingenuous attempt at silencing.

by Anonymousreply 104March 3, 2021 2:26 PM

R102 - No, about 80% of PREMATURE strokes and heart attacks are preventable. Not 100%. Many are still age and stress related.

We are talking about avoiding a communicable disease - not about general health.

You're just using diversion tactics and making false equivalencies to make it seem that contracting HIV is normal and unavoidable.

by Anonymousreply 105March 3, 2021 2:30 PM

^^^ that's bullshit, millions upon millions of people have diabetes donto their own fault by being fat and sedentary, but no one rants ALL the time about it like gays do about HIV. It's all repressed gay self loathing and you know it. You even rant about people taking Prep, that's bitterness because then people can have sex and that makes you mad. You are far too easy to figure out. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 106March 3, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote] For HIV, if you talk about how it's 100% preventable, then you're accused of trolling. This is a silencing tactic.

No one is trying to silence anyone about HIV. It's the shaming, instead of educating and easing access to prevention, that we're acting against.

by Anonymousreply 107March 3, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote] No, about 80% of PREMATURE strokes and heart attacks are preventable. Not 100%. Many are still age and stress related.

That is bull shit. There's no such thing as the causing of a heart attack being "old age." It's "Old age after a lifetime of eating crap."

by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2021 2:58 PM

R106 making up shit again. When did I rant about people taking Prep? And suddenly I'm opposed to people having sex? You really are juvenile.

I can play the same game too - so R106 wants to normalize HIV seroconversion so EVERYONE has HIV and we move forward with a 100% HIV society. You KNOW YOU DO, DON'T DENY IT! I can read RIGHT THROUGH YOU! You're too easy - go fuck yourself!

As soon as heart attacks, strokes and diabetes can be communicable, then you'd have some standing with your argument.

And I don't know how much more information needs to be put out there after 40 years, but anyone who doesn't know how to contract it is just willfully ignorant - particularly if you're gay.

by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2021 3:04 PM

And after 108 comments and all this back and forth there is not one person with HIV who has commented yet.

by Anonymousreply 110March 4, 2021 9:22 AM

Hi I'm R43 FYI R110

by Anonymousreply 111March 4, 2021 11:16 AM

Too bad you are the only one and personally, I would be offended if I was you. Now I am a pretty easy going guy and don't get offended often, but some of the self-righteous queens on this thread are being jerks. Yeah, like they never swallowed a load or had a night they got drunk and were sluts. Please...

by Anonymousreply 112March 4, 2021 11:34 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 113March 6, 2021 9:40 PM

I love getting fucked by poz guys. They fuck like it’s what they live for

by Anonymousreply 114March 6, 2021 10:26 PM

Poz guys are usually miserable and mental

by Anonymousreply 115March 7, 2021 4:54 AM

R99 Gets it.

And, yeah, the photo is extremely unprofessional

by Anonymousreply 116March 18, 2021 1:18 AM

R93, I became HIV+ in 1988, so thanks for your seal of approval.

by Anonymousreply 117March 18, 2021 1:29 AM

I was just reading a dating profile of a guy who said he understands HIV positive guys because he use to be one.

by Anonymousreply 118March 18, 2021 1:31 AM

If you became HIV positive after, let's be generous and say 1990, it's no different than anti maskers and anti vaxers. We ridicule them for not following basic medical guidelines but of course questioning the POZ saints or their judgement makes you on par with the Klan. More thought and language policing. "Don't use the word 'clean'!", "Not dating me is prejudice!"

by Anonymousreply 119March 18, 2021 1:38 AM

One of my best friends is POZ. He's 33 and found out in 2004. Do the math. It's not right to harangue anyone about, but setting some arbitrary date after which anyone becoming infected must be a dumb, reckless, slut seems to forget that young people (18-24) are the main demo still contracting HIV, and brain development, especially vis-a-vis risk, isn't complete until at least 25. And barely anyone uses condoms in 2021. If their PrEP were to fail... POZ people aren't doing anything else others aren't doing. They just didn't dodge the bullet, so shaming them makes no sense, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 120March 18, 2021 2:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!