Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Loftlke Lower Manhattan with garden, $1.5MM

Here's the current listing/staging.

But before you pass judgement, look at the alternative staging at R1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 6:28 PM

Alternative Staging from Corcoran website from an earlier seller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2021 9:04 PM

I wound not want a garden level apartment in Manhattan. One word: RATS.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2021 9:10 PM

The current staging is terrible. It makes the rooms look even narrower than they are and you're wondering how you're going to squeeze past your dining room table every time you come in the house.

Also odd that neither listing shows how you get from upper level to lower, what the staircase looks like (spiral? steep? long? short?)

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2021 9:13 PM

I fucking hate floating staircases. Why aren't those things illegal?

Agree with the rats.

It isn't particularly charming. One good photo out of the lot with the lounge by the window in room with lots of brick, but the rest of the place is dreary.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2021 9:18 PM

There doesn't seem to be a way to get from the lower level to the upper levels. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2021 9:22 PM

Let me get this straight... 1.5M and the neighbor at the back of my outdoor area has windows the look directly onto/into my "Garden space" as well as straight into my living space? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2021 9:23 PM

R5 There is a tiny staircase area if you look closely. I would love to see a photo of that. Bet they aren't showing it for good reason. Getting furniture in or out of that place has to be a full on bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2021 9:35 PM

The kitchen should be on the first floor and the main bedroom should be on the second. Better yet stop pretending the foyer is a bedroom. Admit the loft is the only bedroom. Who wants guests walking past their bed to get to their kitchen/dining room?

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2021 5:49 AM

It is a weird cut up apartment. No flow to the layout. Lots of the spaces looks uncomfortable and really unusable. This is way someone is selling.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2021 5:55 AM

The outdoor space should really be off the kitchen, great room area.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2021 5:57 AM

Piece of shit space spaces at the bottom of a building and the cellar, turned into 1.5 million garbage.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2021 6:03 AM

I don't like much of the furnishings, but I like the space.

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2021 6:06 AM

I don't mind it! But would have to see it in person.

by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2021 6:07 AM

Dryer but no washer for $1.5 million?

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2021 6:11 AM

It’s hideous. I can’t believe anyone would pay that much for crap.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2021 6:23 AM

Hid-juss.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2021 6:29 AM

For that price and zip code, I think I'd prefer this 2bdr 2ba with a wrap-around terrace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2021 6:44 AM

As someone who has outdoor space in NYC, it's pretty overrated.

There are a few weeks in the spring and fall when it's really nice to be out there, but otherwise it's really too hot or too cold and after the first year you get over the "I have outdoor space! I must use it!" syndrome.

Pandemic must make it seem very very very attractive though.

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote] There are a few weeks in the spring and fall when it's really nice to be out there, but otherwise it's really too hot or too cold and after the first year you get over the "I have outdoor space! I must use it!" syndrome.

New Yorker here. We don't have balconies or terraces in our building but we do have a nice roof deck that's well used. The nice thing is that, in the summer, you can move around and get some shade even if it's hot. In the winter, forget it. There is a building down the street where every apartment has a balcony and I'm surprised that most residents seem to use it for storing junk rather than making it a usable space.

I like the listing at R17 but I don't want to live downtown

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2021 1:18 PM

Ground level for that money, with the rats running in and out?

Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2021 1:36 PM

There's NO WAY the seller are going to get ANYWHERE near the asking price for this SHITTY apartment when so many affluent people have fled the city and are NOT returning anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2021 1:41 PM

The rats would break in from the garden level and eat your face off then crap up your nose.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2021 2:06 PM

Nice pad. Where’s the rest of it?

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2021 2:10 PM

Just rats? Lololol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2021 6:25 PM

$1000+ HOA is such bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2021 6:41 PM

R21 Yeah. I noticed that they previously listed it for $1.995 million back in July 2020, mid-pandemic. This drop to $1.495 million is now a tad below the price it last sold for back in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 26March 2, 2021 12:19 AM

R1 The staircase runs right into the edge of the fireplace, doesn't even have the final step. Looks like they replaced it with a steeper staircase in the listing in OP's link, but can't imagine it's much better.

by Anonymousreply 27March 2, 2021 12:27 AM

R27, I get the impression this particular "staircase" is more like a ladder.

by Anonymousreply 28March 2, 2021 5:09 AM

I get outdoor space is rare in the city,but I just dont think Id ever be comfortable trying to get my relax on with 1000 windows facing me. KNOWING someone is watching you. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 29March 2, 2021 5:51 AM

It's a strange area too, at night even before pandemic it's desolate and it's not really super close to the subway. There's a ton of residential towers down there but good luck finding a pack of cigarettes at 1AM.

by Anonymousreply 30March 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Deep in Wall Street area. That area is dead after 8:00 pm. No grocery stores. No nuthin.

by Anonymousreply 31March 2, 2021 3:07 PM

I don't see any stairs in the floorplan going down to the basement. It looks like you have to use the common stairwell to get down to the lower half of the apartment.

And whoever did the staging should be named and shamed - it's a terrible use of the space.

by Anonymousreply 32March 2, 2021 3:17 PM

First floor in NYC? Not in a million years. Rats would be the least of your worries.

by Anonymousreply 33March 2, 2021 4:33 PM

There seems to be a staircase going down to the left of the kitchen in the floorplan R31, which then turns up between the bathroom and the WIC on the lower level.

by Anonymousreply 34March 2, 2021 4:44 PM

I wish misery and death upon the sellers.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 5:59 PM

I had a backyard in Brooklyn. Back of a townhouse - more private than this. Other than parties and coffee on a Spring weekend morning, it was barely used. Knowing someone can be watching you all the time is definitely a problem.

I realized if I wanted a yard, I should just move 30 minutes north of the city to Westchester. The train to Grand Central - near my office - took less time than the subway connections from Brooklyn. Urban Backyards - and Brooklyn - are overrated.

by Anonymousreply 36March 2, 2021 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!