Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bill Maher Show = White people angry that they’re called racists

Every episode in recent memory is about Bill talking with other white people all complaining about how they’re being seen as racist when they’re not.

Today it was the “bleeding from wherever” Megan Kelly. She’s mad mad mad she and her kids are being told called bad whiteys.

Yet not one realizes this is what black people have dealt with for centuries—being called what they are not.

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2021 9:46 PM

Tons of what-aboutisms on the show tonight.

“Both sides are terrible!” Really, Bitch? Only one side wants to overthrow Democracy and bomb the Capitol

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2021 4:05 AM

I didn’t believe a word Megyn said. Not a word.

Does anyone believe that when 8 and 9 year old were taught about transgenderism that they we being told to become trans????? Because that’s what Megyn said.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2021 4:07 AM

Also, Megyn Kelly claimed that the anti-white letter that caused her family to move came “from the school.”

It did not come from the school but was circulated on a parent listserv.

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2021 4:08 AM

Kelly also said that “Russiagate” was a lie that Rachel Maddie went to far with.

However the bipartisan Senate investigation went past the Mueller Report and said there WAS collusion between the Trump Campaign and the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 4February 27, 2021 4:12 AM

I changed the channel when Megyn Kelly came on. I turned back because I wanted to see the panel discussion but I wanted to slap Bill and say "Really? You're going to listen to a person who thinks blackface is a-okay and gripes that 'Santa Claus is white' talk about anything concerning racism?" Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 5February 27, 2021 4:14 AM

Listening to Megyn Kelly and Bill Maher....I don't hate myself that much.

Why you feel compelled to transcribe her every thought on that asshole's show is beyond me

by Anonymousreply 6February 27, 2021 4:15 AM

I remember liking Real Time with Bill Maher when I first discovered it - in 2007. I haven't been able to stick it for a number of years now, though. The tone of it has changed, Bill is just a cranky old man now.

by Anonymousreply 7February 27, 2021 4:15 AM

Bill Maher is so unfunny and lame. Plus, dude loves to hear himself talk. And he has a very punchable face.

by Anonymousreply 8February 27, 2021 4:17 AM

Poor Viola.

by Anonymousreply 9February 27, 2021 4:21 AM

Megyn Kelly is so desperate to be relevant again...She is the last person to talk about "being a white traitor" (her words tonite) ----after SHE was fired over her blackface remarks.

by Anonymousreply 10February 27, 2021 4:32 AM

I give him credit for (meekly) telling Megyn Kelly she was promoting a false equivalency (Rachel Maddow is the same as Qanon). I am sick of his genuflecting before all visiting conservatives/fascists though. He’s getting lazy also, he lets way too much shit go.

by Anonymousreply 11February 27, 2021 4:36 AM

I had same impression of the Megyn / Bill interview. All I kept thinking was that they were bantering about woke-ism and the alleged actions of the school (when it was actually the parents as R3 reminds us), only within their interpretation of the proper context for the situations they were talking about.

In our quest to be more understanding and inclusive toward people of all races, genders, and orientations, are there going to be occasional errors and misfires? Of course. Not that I'm making a blanket justification for that to happen, but when it does, what we should be concerned about is whether there is any malice involved in it. When there is, we need to respond accordingly, own it, and apologize for it.

And speaking of context, I think we all need to know a bit more about Bill's solar permit application that he's been bitching about for weeks now as taking 1000+ days and counting. I'm not accepting just on his word from his bully pulpit that there's nothing non-standard about his application, and I wouldn't put it past him one bit to be a turd in his own punch bowl just to have a bit to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 12February 27, 2021 6:46 AM

One thing that always bugged me about conservatives and their rants about victim culture is that they don't hold themselves to their own standards. No one plays the victim as loudly as American conservatives. As for Maher, he loves right wing cunts.

by Anonymousreply 13February 27, 2021 7:01 AM

I had completely forgotten about Kelly.

She still has a show?

by Anonymousreply 14February 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Why do all right wingers like to proclaim that they are center right while anyone on the left is radical left?

by Anonymousreply 15February 27, 2021 1:13 PM

The right cancels people constantly—Dixie Chicks, Colin Kaepernick, Meera Tandem, and on and on and on

by Anonymousreply 16February 27, 2021 1:13 PM

Well, Trump lost so it's time for Bill to pivot back to platforming precisely the garbage that gave us Trump in the first place. Clueless ass.

by Anonymousreply 17February 27, 2021 1:15 PM

How long before Bill has Trump on his show?

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2021 1:21 PM

They despise each other, R18, but each of them is an inveterate fame whore who would pull such a stunt just for the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2021 1:38 PM

I've watched his show for years but last night I couldn't finish it. Megan Kelly is an opportunist of the highest order. She criticizes Maddow unfairly and yet I distinctly remember Rachel warmly welcoming her to the network a few years ago. Whatever. Maher is out of control on self pity. It frames each episode now and has become unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2021 1:42 PM

Unlike most viewers I am intrigued by his battle to get solar power for his house. I don't the history or specifics of why it is taking so long. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2021 1:54 PM

He's pissed off so many bureaucrats in Sacramento, R21, they probably keep pushing his applications to the bottom of the pile, just to keep him in a state of high dudgeon.

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]Yet not one realizes this is what black people have dealt with for centuries—being called what they are not.

What difference does it make if two wrongs don't make a right?

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote] Does anyone believe that when 8 and 9 year old were taught about transgenderism that they we being told to become trans????? Because that’s what Megyn said.

Why would 8 year olds need to learn about gender identity?

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2021 2:05 PM

I’m glad they brought this up because it’s pretty disturbing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2021 2:13 PM

2 Recent stories I wish had been mentioned. This adorable kid from Cape Coral FL, home of the anti-mask "I feel threatened" guy, The kid is in an AP Government class and is told.. see for yourself.

Also, the 2nd grade girl who had to leave school because she said she had a crush on another girl. FFS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2021 2:13 PM

[quote] I don't the history or specifics of why it is taking so long. Anyone know?

No R21, rather convenient for Bill's constant bitching about it lately. The only detail he's elaborated on is that he had to build some shed on his property and it's so far taken three years.

Knowing his contrarian impulses and love of complaining, I wouldn't be surprised if he's more interested in building a narrative about how California is forcing residents to flee from the state due to our alleged bureaucratic red tape than he is in getting his solar operating. For all we know, there could be something unorthodox about his permit application and a damn good reason why the state is imposing extra requirements before approving it. Perhaps if Bill is fed up with California bureaucracy, he should consider whether he'd rather have been living in Texas last week with their energy infrastructure and decide which state's residents have it worse.

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2021 2:18 PM

I was 10 years old the first time an adult told me I was going to hell for not being baptized. Stop giving religious assholes special privileges to spread their hateful lies. What about the fucking children they're supposed to care about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2021 2:19 PM

Here is my advice to white people. Do what your parents and grandparents did, just say your racist stuff in private, at home, and/or among like-minded friends and you won't get in trouble. White people have gone for a long time just keeping their shit to themselves and on the downlow, and they could get away with plausible deniability or just simply gaslighting everyone into believing that they weren't racist because there was no proof.

But then, at some point, you lost your freaking minds and lost the ability to just keep that shit locked down. Stay off social media. Use thought bubbles instead of speaking out loud. Don't rap the lyrics to hip hop songs in public. Always assume that you are being recorded in some manner.

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2021 2:39 PM

It's a normal stage of development (latency) for kids to have same-sex crushes. Dumb-ass Christian school.

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2021 2:42 PM

Wokism. Cancel culture.

Anything the right bitches about means it's getting to them.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2021 2:43 PM

R29. Can the same advice be given to POC?

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2021 2:44 PM

I wish he would have asked her if she still believed that Santa and Jesus were white only? I would like to know how she thinks about this after years of reflection? Double down is my bet.

The white way is the right way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2021 2:44 PM

"I wish he would have asked her"

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 34February 27, 2021 2:52 PM

R30, my mother removed me from private Christian kindergarten after I kissed a boy in first grade. The principal brought her into his office, and suggested that I get Christian counseling so I didn’t turn out gay. She was upset, and called it child’s play. Some kids know very early. I don’t remember ever having crushes on girls.

by Anonymousreply 35February 27, 2021 2:54 PM

R33 Jesus looked like a Jewish Galilean. Saint Nicolas was Greek, in other words white. "Santa Claus" , "father Christmas" are English and Northern European traditions, White.

by Anonymousreply 36February 27, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]Wokism.

Ah, the true sign of an intellectual: misspelling a word that doesn't even exist.

by Anonymousreply 37February 27, 2021 3:16 PM

Wait, r31, are you quoting someone? You're probably quoting someone I have on ignore, I'm making fun of the wrong person, aren't I? Sorry, it's the weekend and I sent my brain out to be laundered.

by Anonymousreply 38February 27, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote] Always assume that you are being recorded in some manner.

Insane that this post wasn't intended as a joke. Or is it? I can't tell anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39February 27, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote]criticizes Maddow unfairly and yet I distinctly remember Rachel warmly welcoming her to the network a few years ago.

I think it was that Greta von Sustern person - or whatever her name is - that Rachel warmly welcomed to MSNBC and even had on her show. I don't think she would've given Kelly the time of day.

And re a comment above, Kelly didn't compare Rachel to Qanon, but said she's the left's version of Lou Dobbs. (No, I'm not kidding.)

by Anonymousreply 40February 27, 2021 3:39 PM

This woke discussion is interesting but in the end, it's all just a distraction. The economy is on the brink of collapsing and the powers that be rather have us argue about stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 41February 27, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote]Jesus looked like a Jewish Galilean. Saint Nicolas was Greek, in other words white.

R36, all things being equal, that might have been the case, 𝒊𝒇 either of them actually existed as historical persons. On that account, there's next to no evidence for Nicholas, and even less for Jesus. Both of them are composite figures, legendary accretions, hagiographical in nature. There isn't any point in being pedantic about what they may have looked like, since they are only substantive to those who have imagined them.

by Anonymousreply 42February 27, 2021 3:39 PM

R36, and yet the Megyn Kellys don't bat an eye at nonstop depictions of historical Jesus looking like a Dutch prince, but get all bent out of shape at the suggestion fictional Santa can be whatever color the child imagines. Go figure.

This is the piece that sent fragile snowflake Megyn off on her white Santa rant. She's a racist psycho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 27, 2021 3:46 PM

I don't get why people still watch Maher's show. I used to love his ABC show back in the 90s and continued watching when he went to HBO. But I quit watching years ago because he just sits there and says nothing while these right wing people put out their lies and disinformation. It's fine for them to say that, sure, but you (Bill Maher) have to put in the work to then debunk the nonsense. He's pretty lazy IMO. Also he's basically racist, anti-Muslim, and anti-trans. Not to mention he obviously has these right wing women on (like Megyn or Ann Coulter) because he wants to fuck them-barf!

More and more people are tuning out--eventually when he's cancelled he'll cry cancel culture.

by Anonymousreply 44February 27, 2021 3:48 PM

R37

Hello Ted Cruz. Nice to see you on this thread lusting after gay men.

by Anonymousreply 45February 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Megyn's nose looked funny! I kept thinking she was nude under her black slip dress and wanted to flash Bill. Black spike heels were sexy.

She didn't get the "Marilyn Musnter" reference initially and thought Bill was making fun of her.

by Anonymousreply 46February 27, 2021 3:57 PM

R36 Holding on the White Jesus is true insanity... indicative that many if not most "christians" in the US in 2021 are not Christians in any meaningful way, but rather hold on to a set of beliefs that are cultural, psychological and political in origin, not spiritual.

Assuming there was a historical Jesus, the Jews of Galilee of that time were short, and had brown eyes, dark brown to black hair and olive-brown skin.

R13 The white anger justifiers declaim their victimhood (with all the platform and power that accrue to whiteness) and assert as a central point of their disturbance that they are tired of others claiming victimhood at every opportunity. Essentially "we are victims because others claim they are victims.

Megyn Kelly is a particularly annoying version of Loud Karen - in that she simply lies for media attention. That's her career.

And Maher, who has been sliding into irrelevance, and old man solipsistic bitterness for some time now, has jumped the shark. Last night was all about grievance. I liked that Ezra Klein wouldn't play into the character Maher wanted as a foil to make his argument about how hard life is for Maher and "bureaucrats" are the problem.

Last, there is solar power in homes all over California. Hundreds of thousands of homes installed. Too bad the rest of the world is out of step with Maher.

by Anonymousreply 47February 27, 2021 4:19 PM

R46 [quote]She didn't get the "Marilyn Musnter" reference initially and thought Bill was making fun of her.

Kelly is really, really dumb.

by Anonymousreply 48February 27, 2021 4:21 PM

I followed up and corrected myself R45, do try to read the whole thread next time.

But yeah I'm gonna go lust after gays in other threads now, so you got that part right.

by Anonymousreply 49February 27, 2021 4:21 PM

Evewybody is kind of wacist.

by Anonymousreply 50February 27, 2021 4:33 PM

Billy is OVEH!

by Anonymousreply 51February 27, 2021 4:39 PM

It would have been better if Megyn Kelly was part of the panel discussion, so Ezra Klein could at least challenge her false equivalencies.

by Anonymousreply 52February 27, 2021 4:52 PM

I was surprised to find out Kelly was a lawyer. Harvard. Man, Harvard sure turned out some shit people.

by Anonymousreply 53February 27, 2021 5:07 PM

She never attended Harvard, R53. She graduated from Albany Law School.

by Anonymousreply 54February 27, 2021 5:20 PM

Too bad all you white devils. FUCK YOU and your white privilege problems. Reparations are coming. 25% white surtax for all your evil.

by Anonymousreply 55February 27, 2021 5:24 PM

R53, Megyn Kelly went to Albany Law School. I'm not aware of her having any degrees from Harvard.

That being said, she's still apparently a shit person. The only nice things I can say about her: She evidently has a shred of morality and did the decent thing coming forward about Roger Ailes, giving credibility to Gretchen Carlson's lawsuit and forcing Ailes out of Fox News....and her husband is fucking HAWT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 27, 2021 5:25 PM

R54 Right, never attended Harvard.

And she was fired from NBC not because she was conservative, rather she was mean and bad TV. Just lousy on camera... the anger, shallow thinking, assertive privilege worked, of course, on Fox. Not in the mainstream media though.

And it's the oddest nose job, right? Surprised she doesn't fix it.

by Anonymousreply 57February 27, 2021 5:27 PM

He's spot on with this. I could give a fuck about that Repig cunt Kelly.

BILL IS CORRECT, AGAIN !!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Not enough people have been cancelled, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 59February 27, 2021 5:47 PM

I don't believe for a second that Bill Maher is intentionally dragging out the installation of solar in his home just to have something to complain about. That's a conspiracy theory on par with Qanon bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 60February 27, 2021 5:49 PM

I wouldn't have any trouble believing his pissed about some regulation and thinks he should be exempt from it, though, and THAT'S what's causing the delay.

by Anonymousreply 61February 27, 2021 5:54 PM

R56 Yeah, but she reluctantly went along with the Gretchen Carlson lawsuit after the pressure built, according to the movie Bombshell. I don't think she should be praised for being a great defender of women's rights. It's always been plain to see that Fox is nothing more than a frat house. Half their on air women are scantily clad all the time, they might as well be wearing string bikinis. I'm not saying these women have it coming, but you have to know what you're getting into and not act all high and mighty about women's issues.

by Anonymousreply 62February 27, 2021 5:54 PM

R47 The Jews of Galilee were Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 63February 27, 2021 8:07 PM

CA is basically ungovernable. The regulations are staggering. It is the reason why we have so many homeless. They can't build anything because of so many regulations. And I'm a liberal. CA takes things too far.

by Anonymousreply 64February 27, 2021 8:29 PM

Don’t watch Bill anymore; never watched Megan.

by Anonymousreply 65February 27, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote][R47] The Jews of Galilee were Caucasian.

Only to a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66February 27, 2021 8:53 PM

R66 No only to idiots like you who know zero about geography and are so stupid they equate olive skin with being non-white. Let me repeat: The Jews of Galilee were Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 67February 27, 2021 9:00 PM

R67? I'm half Palestinian - I'm pretty sure some of my ancestors were of the Galilee. And guess what? People also existed on that land BEFORE religion existed. I know a little about "olive-skinned," but the morons who leans right imagine Jesus as an "Aryan."

by Anonymousreply 68February 27, 2021 9:05 PM

R68 The post at R47 said nothing about "Aryan". You moving the goal posts.

by Anonymousreply 69February 27, 2021 9:11 PM

^^ "are moving"

by Anonymousreply 70February 27, 2021 9:12 PM

R67, you're not fooling anyone with your attempts at pedantry. The definition of both Caucasian and white has periodically shifted. Regardless, the point is the likes of you and Megyn Kelly have no problem with Jesus being depicted as Nordic despite what he really looked like, so it's not really about accuracy, is it? Jesus was commonly depicted in the US as white even when Jews were expressly deemed non-white for immigration purposes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 27, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote]No one plays the victim as loudly as American conservatives.

Bullies are always the biggest crybabies and are extremely quick to claim victimhood as soon as someone stands up to them.

by Anonymousreply 72February 27, 2021 9:37 PM

Maher is trending on Twitter at the moment in relation to his discussion with Kelly, I just noticed. This quote says it well: "Why does Bill Maher always go there? He doesn't have to have KellyAnne Conway or Megyn Kelly on. It's not brave or controversial anymore, it's normalizing them and it's crap."

Maher really thinks he is being brave and amazing by interviewing these people, but he just becomes a mouthpiece for them.

And oh god, remember when he called Milo a "young Christopher Hitchens". Hahahahahaha! I think I could hear Hitchens spinning in his grave from my part of the world!

by Anonymousreply 73February 27, 2021 9:41 PM

Oh, why do you torture yourself watching a show knowing that you will be seething with anger afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 74February 27, 2021 9:46 PM

He’s an anti-vaxxer racist moron and we all know MeToo shit is going to drop about him.

by Anonymousreply 75February 27, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote]Why does Bill Maher always go there? He doesn't have to have KellyAnne Conway or Megyn Kelly on. It's not brave or controversial anymore, it's normalizing them and it's crap."

Can you post the twitter?

by Anonymousreply 76February 27, 2021 9:54 PM

I haven’t been watching since Kellyanne Conway appeared.

by Anonymousreply 77February 27, 2021 9:59 PM

Good interview with Megyn Kelly. She was right. Crazy world.

by Anonymousreply 78February 27, 2021 10:09 PM

R71 Regardless, the point is the likes of you and Megyn Kelly have no problem with Jesus being depicted as Nordic despite what he really looked like,

Will you just stop.

I don't give a shit about Megyn Kelly.

You know nothing about me.

But I do know that you know nothing about race, geography and history.

The Jews of Galilee were Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 79February 27, 2021 10:12 PM

And BTW: even the US census considers them to be White. As it does with Arabs, Iranians etc.

by Anonymousreply 80February 27, 2021 10:20 PM

Should white people be called racists if they in fact are not racists?

by Anonymousreply 81February 27, 2021 10:38 PM

Jesus (speaking of) R79/R80, you're bad at this. They weren't always white per the US Census. About 40 years before Middle Easterners were deemed legally white for the census, Lebanese George Shishim had to sue in a CA court to be deemed white in order to be eligible for citizenship. His argument was that if he was truly a "Mongoloid" as the law dictated, then so was Jesus.

Now just stop. Megyn wasn't having a fit about Jesus being technically Caucasian, which is a wholly made up and shifting category, she was justifying Jesus being depicted looking like he was born in Sweden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 27, 2021 10:40 PM

Bill is very much like donald trump. He can NOT get over the fact that ABC fired him. He's really obsessed with the notion of "cancel culture". He doesn't think verbal actions should have consequences. But they do.

People can say whatever the hell they want, and the rest of us can refuse to deal with them

by Anonymousreply 83February 27, 2021 10:44 PM

R79 Hon, really, you need to pray about this.

You use the word "Caucasian" which obviously has some special meaning and power for you. In talking, anthropologically and genetically speaking, about the Galilean jews of that period... they were relatively short, brown eyes and dark here, and a olive complexion.

Oh, and it almost seems like I should reinforce this for you: Jesus was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 84February 27, 2021 10:45 PM

Based on where he was born, his ethnicity and his lineage, Jesus looked more like the guys in the top left or bottom right corners than any of the guys in between. If in the ever-changing definition of white or Caucasian, you believe either of those guys to meet the definition, fine. But Megyn and her prancing racist friends for sure do not. And for a long time in US history they certainly were not, and they perpetuated a false image of Jesus to get around that problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 27, 2021 10:46 PM

R76, ecco:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 27, 2021 10:49 PM

Thanks, R86. I just wanted to see how woke they were, and they are super woke. Thanks for posting though.

by Anonymousreply 87February 27, 2021 10:56 PM

R60 That's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that he's not given his audience anything substantive about his application other than he had to build a shed and it's taken three years and counting. I'm reserving judgment unless and until we know more about what's involved in his application.

Now, you might want to think twice about throwing around QAnon-like accusations while you're admittedly accepting this story on limited background and from a source with an obvious self-interest to promote a narrative. Good day!

by Anonymousreply 88February 27, 2021 10:58 PM

R62 Completely agree. Not lauding Kelly as a Gloria Steinem type by any means, but I can acknowledge her for coming forward as she did. She could just as easily have weathered the storm and stayed silent, as no doubt other Fox women chose to do.

by Anonymousreply 89February 27, 2021 11:02 PM

Once again the stupidity. Olive skin, short stature, dark hair ...whether it's Sicily or the Middle East does not denote non-white. The Jews of Galilee were Caucasian.

I don't care what Megyn Kelly thinks, or Hallmark Cards or Michelangelo.

by Anonymousreply 90February 27, 2021 11:11 PM

The problem isn’t really that he had her on, it’s that when didn’t challenge her enough (because he was flirting with her?) there was SOME validity to the whole thing - white people as a whole are indeed being gaslighted into thinking they “must” be racist - for no other reason than being white. And I’ve seen that “white racist” pie chart/continuum all over social media being promoted by the “woke” left.

But there were also too many things that he let go - he half assed brought up the false equivalency but he should have been much tougher about it. Even the Kelly Conway interview he challenged her more.

by Anonymousreply 91February 27, 2021 11:16 PM

R90 One last time (o Holy Spirit minister to r90 as he reads): "Caucasian" is an artificial construct. It's a product of 19th century Western European theorists. It is completely irrelevant to talking about jews of the Levant of the first century. It has no meaning to anthropologists and geneticists of today. You can use the term anyway that satisfies your own psychological need I guess... but with as much authority as saying "I drive a 2018 Caucasian..."

by Anonymousreply 92February 27, 2021 11:21 PM

R92 What word should replace Caucasian?

by Anonymousreply 93February 27, 2021 11:33 PM

Hon, it's not the word, it's the construct. The construct is a lie told to reinforce false beliefs. Replacing the word doesn't fix the problem.

by Anonymousreply 94February 27, 2021 11:35 PM

Bullshit. She can't afford the tuition anymore. Does she even work? $180,000 a year. She has to pull in at least $2M before taxes for that to be prudent. Her show is over- what does she do now?

She's straining to do some explaining so she doesn't embarrass herself.

by Anonymousreply 95February 27, 2021 11:38 PM

Yeah the Megan interview was shit. I kept waiting for him to jump in and say, speaking of grievance and victimization, how about the gathering of snowflakes known as CPAC, meeting right now? Do you think the election was stolen by an evil deep state? Do you think there is a secret Satanist Pedophile conspiracy running the world? Cause your fucking political party and political movement sure do.

I did like the panel. And although I like John Tester, I thought it was great to finally ask a Senator are you maybe gonna stop pissing money away on a completely ridiculous and useless military project just because it's "defense." That should be asked of every Senator every day. No bigger boondoggles than pentagon boondoggles.

by Anonymousreply 96February 27, 2021 11:38 PM

That man is a hack. Retire.

by Anonymousreply 97February 27, 2021 11:41 PM

The far left libs are in NYC, SF, LA, and Chicago and will soon come to your hometown. As a moderate Dem, I am terrified for the Dem party and will hate to see it become the complete party of social welfare and rights for violent criminals.

by Anonymousreply 98February 27, 2021 11:50 PM

R94 Nice try! So when you are asked your race what do you write?

Whether you like it or not we do routinely identify each other's race as "black," "white" or "Asian,"

by Anonymousreply 99February 27, 2021 11:56 PM

R98 Jeez Clyde, work harder, be better.

No "far left lib" that you imagine lives in those big cities thinks "rights for violent criminals" is central to the belief system. It may help in your extreme grievance jerk off sessions, but has little other meaning.

Social Welfare? Yeah, why in the world would the party of FDR and LBJ want to consider the current and future positive impacts of "social welfare" programs.

by Anonymousreply 100February 28, 2021 12:01 AM

I was about to ask: "who goes around asking other people about their race?" but then remembered that Americans are really insistent on this, aren't you? Like, you have to fill out your race on government forms and such? That's not sinister at all...

by Anonymousreply 101February 28, 2021 12:04 AM

Just wait until the evil Satanist Pedophiles come to your hometown r98. Then you'll really see!

by Anonymousreply 102February 28, 2021 12:06 AM

Anyone who thinks, like R1, that "only one side" is trying to overthrow democracy should look into Evergreen College. Campuses over the past few years are worrisome indicators of the direction many on the left wish the left would go. Placing all bets on which side is solely harming democracy is just naive.

by Anonymousreply 103February 28, 2021 12:30 AM

There's seemingly a new thread for each new episode of Bill Maher's program. We haven't had this happen since the Sally Field Programme went off the air a decade ago. Some people are really obsessed with Maher.

by Anonymousreply 104February 28, 2021 12:32 AM

Whatever you think of Bill Maher, his show does tend to raise interesting issues and it's useful to talk about them. That's why all the threads r104, and I kind of like that.

by Anonymousreply 105February 28, 2021 12:35 AM

I hate cancel culture too and think that everyone has lost their fucking minds. But, at the same time, you can't be pissed off the the "left"/progressives are cancelling people via social media mobs and not also get pissed off when the right does the exact same thing. Colin Kaepernick is still not playing football. Janet Jackson still hasn't come back from showing her titty.

If you want to have a discussion about cancel culture, then let's have a discussion about it, but you can't just frame it through the lens of white people being cancelled by liberals, because conservatives have built cancelling into their party platforms.

by Anonymousreply 106February 28, 2021 12:35 AM

I'm not religious R106, but A-fucking-men!

by Anonymousreply 107February 28, 2021 12:39 AM

Kathy Griffin goes on the no fly list. Ted Nugent goes to the white house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 28, 2021 12:43 AM

hell, r106, you could ask CPAC why they needed to cancel Young Pharaoh. Now he's a complete asshole, a ridiculously anti-Semitic oafish fool who nobody should like or respect, but he was invited to speak and then when people pointed out he's an asshole he was dis-invited. What exactly is the reason to not have him speak if "everyone should have their say and everyone should be able to speak even if we disagree with the particular message"? What is the thinking behind cancel culture is bad, but we have to only allow this or that view to have a platform?

by Anonymousreply 109February 28, 2021 12:44 AM

This thread has many on the far left agitated and upset that so many people call bullshit on their far left social agenda and let's not forget no cash bail and defund the police. Great policies except it will end up destroying whatever is left of the great American city. Rents are down but the food stamp lines continue to grow. Not enough taxpayers are coming back to pay for all the govt. give aways.

by Anonymousreply 110February 28, 2021 12:55 AM

R110 = blah, blah, blah. You’re a loser. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 111February 28, 2021 12:57 AM

So your trauma is that you think too many people are not in jail r110? Also, the food stamp lines are too long, whatever that is supposed to mean. Got it. How was CPAC today? Are you looking forward to Dear Leader's speech?

by Anonymousreply 112February 28, 2021 12:58 AM

Go take a look at r110’s posting history. Amy Coney Barrett is great, he’s too rich to vote Democrats, Democrats are evil, etc, etc. Just an embarrassing troll.

by Anonymousreply 113February 28, 2021 12:59 AM

R110 1. You win the prize for most dog whistles per line!

2. Of COURSE you have the right to your opinion and should be supported in expressing yourself here in social media.

3. Your brain has been eaten by Fox News Limbaugist lies and talking points.

4. Praying for you full liberation and authentic happiness tonight.

by Anonymousreply 114February 28, 2021 2:29 AM

[quote] The far left libs are in NYC, SF, LA, and Chicago and will soon come to your hometown.

Far left, lol! People who are basically Nazis call anyone who’s not “far left.”

by Anonymousreply 115February 28, 2021 2:31 AM

Needs to be remembered that Maher is still best buds with Ann Coulter. In the past, he's said she isn't as bad as a person people make her out to be and people should listen to her more because she's "funny"

by Anonymousreply 116February 28, 2021 2:57 AM

Yeah, "John Edwards - total fag" was [italic]hilarious[/italic]. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 117February 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Ann Coulter is evil incarnate... but I'd much rather watch her than Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 118February 28, 2021 3:02 AM

I want to stop watching Maher and likely will soon. But every so often there’s an interesting nugget on his show

by Anonymousreply 119February 28, 2021 1:34 PM

Megyn was actually a bore and has a weird flat nose

by Anonymousreply 120February 28, 2021 1:35 PM

I've never watched megyn kelly before. Did she always sound so weird? She kind of has a man's voice

I thought it was hilarious when Bill called her out for dressing the same way she did as when she was on fox news. Like a whore. And strangely enough, she said fox management didn't make dress any certain way, and that she chose to dress that way

by Anonymousreply 121February 28, 2021 2:19 PM

Moderation is key, both sides could learn from this. The far extremists of both sides are Nazis, just different flavors.

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2021 7:08 PM

Bill is correct about the victimhood. The Right does it too.

by Anonymousreply 123February 28, 2021 7:09 PM

Did anyone notice Megyn’s extreme Botox?

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2021 7:10 PM

I would bet that, right now, Maher is frantically is trying to book for next week's show Te-Nehisi Coates or Eric Michael Dyson.

He sees how he and Kelly are being roasted, He needs rescuing and he knows it.

I used to watch Maher but now I forget he's on.

by Anonymousreply 125February 28, 2021 7:22 PM

2022 will be painful if the woke culture doesn't slow its roll.

by Anonymousreply 126February 28, 2021 8:36 PM

R126 Exponential expansion of unsustainable income inequality, a current and other possible international viral pandemics, fascistic nationalism attaching to fundamental religion around the world (Poland, India, Hungary, USA, Iran), China's increased political and economic domination, and global environmental destruction and climate change that will possible end our species on this planet within a century.... but yeah, "woke culture" is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 127February 28, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote]Oh, and it almost seems like I should reinforce this for you: Jesus was Jewish.

R84, it apparently bears reinforcing for you: Jesus was a literary figure, a 𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 of a Jew crafted by 2nd century gentiles to serve as a mouthpiece for criticizing and invalidating Judaism. As a literary character serving the various needs of the gentile peoples who crafted him (as opposed to actual Jews), he could and can be said to appear any way they choose to imagine him.

by Anonymousreply 128February 28, 2021 11:00 PM

[quote] Yet not one realizes this is what black people have dealt with for centuries—being called what they are not.

Well, then that absolutely makes it okay for them to do it now, then!

The best way to fight and remedy injustice is with more injustice!

by Anonymousreply 129February 28, 2021 11:02 PM

I watched this episode this afternoon, and had very little regard for it, particularly after Megyn Kelly made the false equivalency, comparing "Russiagate" (which she seems to attribute solely to Rachel Maddow) to loony lies of the far right. This was neither more nor less than I expected of Kelly, but Maher failed to challenge her on that point - the Trump Administration's collusion with Russia has never been disproven, the way the right seems to think it has. Rachel's reportage was sound.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 28, 2021 11:09 PM

You guys also need to understand that Megyn Kelly wants to get back on TV and has amped up her crazy to try rebuild her brand. Whatever hold NBC has on her contractually is probably almost up.

by Anonymousreply 131February 28, 2021 11:20 PM

Megyn Kelly’s main problem is Megyn Kelly. That smug sneer is just not likable.

by Anonymousreply 132March 2, 2021 11:39 AM

[quote] the Trump Administration's collusion with Russia has never been disproven

You still living in 2017, R130?

by Anonymousreply 133March 2, 2021 11:58 AM

A poor effort, R133 - no vodka for you!

The article I linked @R130 was from August 24, 2020: 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐢𝐧 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

And more:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 2, 2021 10:40 PM

[Quote] Moderation is key, both sides could learn from this. The far extremists of both sides are Nazis, just different flavors.

That’s nonsense. The far right wants to overthrown the government. The far left wants to give everyone healthcare and education.

by Anonymousreply 135March 3, 2021 12:05 AM

R134, yes the “Russiagate is a lie” nonsense is pushed by the GOP.

I’m surprised it came out of the mouth of Kelly. She knows it was concluded to be true by the Senate Investigation

by Anonymousreply 136March 3, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] Exponential expansion of unsustainable income inequality, a current and other possible international viral pandemics, fascistic nationalism attaching to fundamental religion around the world (Poland, India, Hungary, USA, Iran), China's increased political and economic domination, and global environmental destruction and climate change that will possible end our species on this planet within a century.... but yeah, "woke culture" is the problem.

But keeping the culture war going is what brings in the clicks and the ratings. The left already won the culture war a long time ago so it seems odd that all the major networks devote 90% of their coverage to identity politics. The pandemic should have unified this country but instead it only deepened the divide. I believe 100% of the blame should be cast on the media chasing profit at the expense of their integrity.

by Anonymousreply 137March 3, 2021 12:28 AM

Morgan Wallen is a redneck country singer I’ve never heard of. TMZ filmed him drunk entering his house with a white drunk friend. In a joking way, Wallen called his friend a pussy and the n word. Once sober, he apologized. . For this “crime” Wallen was dropped by his label, radio refuses to play him and even streaming channels have banned him. So the attempt was made to destroy his entire life for using a slur word but not against a POC. Lucky for him, this didn’t stop his red state fans who made his album #1. In a million years, I wouldn’t buy this douches’s music but how is his treatment anything but the worst kind of McCarthyism. Actually worse than McCarthyism because that destroyed you for a political ideology not just using a single word.

He’s lucky he’s a red state hero.

by Anonymousreply 138March 3, 2021 1:40 AM

OP clearly believes two wrongs make a right.

(I'm the exact same age as Maher, BTW.)

by Anonymousreply 139March 3, 2021 5:26 AM

Yes, I’m angry, because I’m not. Somehow, disregarding someone’s race is “racist”.

by Anonymousreply 140March 3, 2021 2:07 PM

R138 It's just as bad. Don't forget that it's not just the mob people need to be worried about. People now turn on their colleagues and are forced to throw them under the bus just so they aren't cancelled by association. It would just be easier to ignore the mob since they are a vocal minority.

by Anonymousreply 141March 3, 2021 2:18 PM

[Quote] Actually worse than McCarthyism because that destroyed you for a political ideology not just using a single word.

Let me guess. You’re white

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2021 9:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!