Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Mr" Potato Head no more: de-genderists have taken over Mattel.

Hasbro announced the change as it launched a "Create Your Potato Head Family" kit, with two potato parents and a potato baby, made for "modern families."

-

Such progress we've made. Marsha P. would be so proud!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote]Marsha P. would be so proud!

Is there a Potato Head that nods off on smack, shows up a day later and takes all the credit? Would love to see the accessories.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2021 7:05 PM

Yes, it comes with a purse, a "kit" and a spoon, but that's the de-gendered "Sylvia" Potato Head.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2021 7:08 PM

My mother told me this morning, I said “This will be more exciting for kids! More pieces!” Not even because of the gendered part, now you get both Mr and Mrs. potato head!

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2021 7:09 PM

What about Barbie dolls?

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2021 7:14 PM

and this causes you distress?

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2021 7:16 PM

First they came for Christmas and I said nothing. Now they've come for Mr. Potato Head's penis

What a world

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2021 7:20 PM

Don’t ask. Don’t Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2021 7:21 PM

I read that they are "giving the spud a gender neutral name" and briefly thought there was going to be some big reveal with a new and fabulous name - Taylor or xe or something. But, it's just Potato Head without Mr.

But, what about the OTHER issues - Potato Head is limited to brown potatoes of one size. What about red and Yukon gold and petite - among many other varieties. There's a Native American child somewhere who can't fully enjoy playing with this toy.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2021 7:28 PM

I gave up on them when they took their pipe away.

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2021 7:29 PM

So what are them/they/zees pronouns?

Just call xem scalloped, mashed, baked (with butter sour cream, and chives) hash browns, taker tits or home fries.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2021 7:33 PM

Another cultural icon falls vicitim to the tranny mob. Will they ban Toy Story now since Mr. Potatohead is a prominent character?

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2021 7:34 PM

Oh goodie. More pieces for kids to swallow or choke on. Don't worry. They'll show up in 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2021 7:34 PM

*Tater Tots! 😂

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2021 7:35 PM

First they came for Mr. Pibb and I said nothing because unlike OP I am not a fat whore…

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2021 7:43 PM

Oh goody. Some distractive performative outrage for Fox News to waste 4-5 news cycles on.

Hasbro says Mr. and Mrs. PH are going nowhere, FWIW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2021 10:09 PM

The story wasn’t even true. lol.

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2021 9:30 AM

The REAL Mr. Potato Head...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2021 10:19 AM

In the scheme of things...these are the things that are REALLY important!

by Anonymousreply 18February 27, 2021 10:18 AM

^^ It's only important to the people who want to distract your attention away from the really important stuff

by Anonymousreply 19February 27, 2021 10:39 AM

Now the gender issue has been dealt with, Mr. P has become a race issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 27, 2021 10:42 AM

It was hilarious watching the conservative bitches like Ben Shapiro meltdown over this. He’s actually such a diva lmao

by Anonymousreply 21February 27, 2021 10:46 AM

Paint my toenails, we've just invaded Korea!

by Anonymousreply 22February 27, 2021 10:52 AM

@r20, of all the Twitter douchenozzles Mark Dice is the douchiest

@r21, Ben Shapiro suggested that to avoid the rising sea-levels caused by climate change Floridians should just sell their houses and move

by Anonymousreply 23February 27, 2021 10:55 AM

Is Al Roker a DL icon?

He looks like Mr. Potato Head.

by Anonymousreply 24February 27, 2021 10:57 AM

It is a war on men and therefore a proxy war on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 25February 27, 2021 10:58 AM

OP posted NBC News, R15. Do you even read articles or just headlines?

by Anonymousreply 26February 27, 2021 10:58 AM

Why not keep Mr Potatohead and offer a Ms Potatohead and let kids decide which one they want?

by Anonymousreply 27February 27, 2021 11:07 AM

Because that's transphobic, R27, you transphobic cisf@gg0t TERF piece of shit! Non-trans pronouns are transphobic because not transitioning is transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 28February 27, 2021 11:16 AM

🤣 Another marriage saved !

by Anonymousreply 29February 27, 2021 11:17 AM

Wish I kept my original Mr. Potato Head kit. I wasn't a destructive child, most of my toys were in excellent shape when I gave them away. Over the years, I did replace some items, but it's not the same, because these items are not mine.

Same with my older sister, she had three Barbie doll cases, filled with well made Barbie clothes (the original Barbie/Ken clothes were Made in Japan and extremely well made, not that cheap looking crap that passes for Barbie clothes now), with all the dolls, including Ken, Alan, Midge, Skipper and her boy doll friend, forgot his name. My sister also had the doll whose hair 'grew', Tressy. All these items were in mint condition, my sister gave everything away when she was a teen. It goes without saying, she regrets getting rid of her doll collection.

by Anonymousreply 30February 27, 2021 11:20 AM

This has nothing to do with trans.

Of course, the trans obsessed crazies can’t tell the difference between gender neutral/non-binary and trans. And in other threads, they can’t tell the difference between intersex and trans. Low IQ bigots.

by Anonymousreply 31February 27, 2021 11:42 AM

There's been a Mrs. Potato Head since 1953, R27.

by Anonymousreply 32February 27, 2021 11:48 AM

Mrs Potato was not real, like black Barbie is not real

by Anonymousreply 33February 27, 2021 11:54 AM

He is not real since there is not real potato to make with face, back in old days was potato.

by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2021 12:27 PM

So what?! When we used real potatoes back in the day, we made Mr. Mutant Potato Head, Mr. Cyclops Potato Head, Mr. Nose Bitten Off By a Dog Potato Head, Mr. Van Gogh Potato Head, etc.!

It's Mr. Potato HEAD, not Mr. Potato Genitalia!

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2021 1:51 PM

R4, It's been obvious from the beginning that Ken is an FtM.

by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2021 1:53 PM

I don't know, r10. "Taker tits" sounds pretty sexist to me!

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2021 1:56 PM

R8, And what about people who have no eyes?! Potatoes silently MOCK!

by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2021 2:00 PM

More right-wing culture war bullshit being promoted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2021 2:36 PM

I always wondered if he rocked a big ole French fry?

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2021 2:38 PM

Please realize that for verage Trans Agenda enthusiasts and fauxgressive loons this IS the actual "progress" they find vitally important!

Will ANY voices at all this year be speaking to the pure fiction of Marsha P. Johnson's meager at best (and dressed as a man) involvement at Stonewall, or will Gay Pride Month continue into its modern Trans Woman of Color Pride Month narrative?

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2021 2:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!