Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When using emojis, do you select your skin tone?

Iโ€™m not race-baiting, Iโ€™m legit curious. I usually change the skin tone to what closely resembles my own. If, for example, Iโ€™m sending someone a thumbs up, Iโ€™ll send ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ instead of ๐Ÿ‘. I have some friends who always stick to the yellow emojis. Makes me wonder if Iโ€™m being non-woke by making a distinction.

Any thoughts?

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1802/23/2021

๐Ÿ™„

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 102/23/2021

Are there any white male celebrities for whom a yellow emoji would be appropriate?

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 202/23/2021

Donโ€™t overthink it

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 302/23/2021

The yellow hand looks like a dish glove, so I use my skin tone when I give a thumbs up. That's the only time I select a skin tone.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 402/23/2021

Get a life, OP.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 502/23/2021

R2, you are a gem.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 602/23/2021

Yes, you are race-baiting, OP. If you are not, you don't need to be defensive from the beginning.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 702/23/2021

No. It chooses me.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 802/23/2021

OP: non-woke? Yea, your aren't race-baiting for sure!!

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 902/23/2021

Iโ€™m white. I have an Asian boyfriend. I have black friends. I always select the right skin tone when I text with them. I think itโ€™s more fun like this.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1002/23/2021

I do on Zoom (for the clapping hand.)

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1102/23/2021

I hate it when white people use the brown-skinned emoji. My partner knows a guy who does that and it just seems so contrived.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1202/23/2021

R12, perhaps he tans well?

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1302/23/2021

I donโ€™t need emojis to over-share my feelings so Iโ€™ve decided itโ€™s a fad. Plus, I thought the brown hands implied something other than ethnicity.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1402/23/2021

They don't make an emoji pale enough for me -unless you count the ghosts. I just use whatever the default is. I wouldn't want people to think I spent time thinking about the color of my emoji...

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1502/23/2021

Yellow.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1602/23/2021

I stick with the yellow (default).

Safer that way.

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1702/23/2021

Op so you are white, brown or yellow? I know thats not a black emoji, or is it?

by ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธreply 1802/23/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!