Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I fear I have post covid brain fog

I had a case during the summer. After a week of being sick, it petered out.

Ever since then, I've been unable to concentrate in the same way as before. Just sitting down and reading a chapter in entirety is a chore. Can anyone relate?

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 10:54 PM

I have pre covid brain fog so yes I believe we balance each other out.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2021 9:28 PM

Not personally. A friend has a business associate who had it back in March. As of September or October, she still had a brain fog. She sometimes struggles to come up with simple words in conversation. Her husband asked what she wanted for dinner. "Something light. A, a, ahh..." Salad was the word she was looking for.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine how frustrating not being able to read unimpeded.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2021 9:36 PM

^unimpeded is.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2021 9:38 PM

Well, I think it could also be the fact we are sitting at home and lacking interaction with people. Dealing with people is work. If we have unplugged our brain for a year, no wonder it burps from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2021 9:44 PM

Thanks R2. I also find myself forgetting things. I'll go into the kitchen for coffee, get distracted by something, and return to my desk without the coffee. I'm 30 btw and never had forgetfulness problems before

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2021 9:46 PM

COVID creates permanent organ damage, si it may have affected your brain. I’m sorry.

Maybe it will get better.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 9:47 PM

OP you're just reading a boring book.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2021 9:48 PM

Yes, I had it in March. I can’t remember the name of anything. I can remember minute details about something except what it’s called. I’m also fatigued quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2021 9:48 PM

I've felt that way since I turned 40. I'm becoming Aunt Clara.

But I didn't have Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2021 9:49 PM

OP = Same problem. I think I might have had Covid but never got tested because symptoms were mild and months ago tests were only for those severe cases---remember they used to tell people to not go to a hospital with mild symptoms...I definitely have problems smelling (another symptom)... 50 and I have never had memory problems like this past 9 months. Its kind of scary. I am an avid reader but having problems with that too..But I have a doctors appointment in March and I am going to ask for a test.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2021 9:54 PM

I am to receive the second Moderna shot the day after tomorrow. I dont know if I had Covid; but have a persistent sinus infection since the fall.

Not due to Covid, I see a neurologist twice a year due to an unrelated condition. If you have insurance, I recommend it highly for any brain-related disorder.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2021 10:04 PM

Can totes relate, gorl. I tried reading the latest David Sedaris' collection, and all I could think about was food!

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 10:32 PM

OP, while you're self-diagnosing covid (sic) brain fog, everyone who knows is recognizing Alzheimer's and alcoholic dementia.

Go ahead and return to plain denial. You're obviously overworking the little that's left.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 10:42 PM

Lie back and enjoy it, doll. Treat yourself to a new dildo.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 10:44 PM

Had it in July. Lasted about six weeks. Still have bouts of incredible fatigue and joints swelling, particularly in my feet, and slight brain fog. I tell my partner when I feel foggy, but he attributes it to working from home the past 11 months and lack of stimulation. I dunno, though. There are some days where I feel distant - completely disconnected. Other days, like today, I have energy and feel sharp like I did pre-covid.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 10:49 PM

Can anyone actually read the OP?

It’s all just a big gobbledygook of numbers and random letters.

OP, what the hell is the matter with you? What are you trying to say? Do you need an ambulance?

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 10:49 PM

I have not had Covid-19 nor have had work disruption. But I honestly have no clue what day it is and am constantly exhausted. I blame the stress of the times.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 10:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!