Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you getting the iPhone 13? 📱

It cums with no charging ports or any ports at all so you charge wirelessly. What do you think of this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 7:29 PM

Annoying

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2021 3:12 PM

No. Wireless charging heats up the battery too much, leading to earlier battery degradation. I have the 11 Pro Max and even the fast charger it comes with does the same to a degree.

Also, the boxy square redesign looks and feels less sleek to me.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2021 3:34 PM

I have an X, and I might if that screenshot of onscreen Touch ID is true.

If the phones have the "safemag" magnet that attaches it to the charging base, then I'm fine with it.

If it doesn't ... I've laid my phone on my charging pad many times "not quite right" and end up with a dead phone in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2021 3:37 PM

Does the iPhone still not have a slot for an SD card? If I would even consider buying one of their devices (which I wouldn't as I refuse to give one red cent to that company) not having SD card capabilities would turn me away.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2021 3:48 PM

The camera lenses still protrude. I.e., the back of the phone is still not flat.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2021 3:51 PM

No. I want something new concept. I'll know it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2021 4:08 PM

I would never own an iPhone to begin with, I'll stick with my Google Pixel phones. That said, being completely portless is a horrible idea. Wireless chargers aren't cheap, so forcing people to buy multiples of them for their home, vehicle, and to have at their workplace sucks.

Wireless earbuds aren't cheap either. Don't get me wrong, I love my Pixel Buds 2, but there are still times when I have to use my Google Pixel USB-C earbuds as well while the wireless ones are recharging.

What if your internet/modem/router is down or not working for some reason, and you need to transfer important files to/from your phone physically via USB/USB-C? Can't do that either.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2021 4:10 PM

When you need to use wireless earphones to use an iPhone, that’s when they finally lose me.

Apple’s Earbuds are very sensitive to clogging, and I have dermatitis in my ears — I’ve wasted $150 on buds that clog in two weeks already.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2021 4:20 PM

iphones have become prohibitively more expensive for nominal upgrades with each passing year. Innovation is slowing and whereas once you could tell the difference between phones released one year apart these days you can have the same relative performance for about 3-5 years' worth as a casual user.

One only needs frequent updates if they are used for digital work or being an Instaho whose feed consists of neverending shirtless dirty bathroom mirror selfies.

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2021 6:49 PM

R8, what are they clogging with? And other earphones don’t?

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2021 7:08 PM

OP, the vast majority of DLers are still getting to grips with their Nokia.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2021 7:15 PM

R11 But they're still most comfortable with their Princess Phones.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 7:21 PM

I just got the 12...can Apple please stop?!

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 7:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!