Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Mayer Would Do Anything For Shawn Mendes: ‘I Love Him’

John Mayer has so many nice things to say about Shawn Mendes!

In a recent interview, the 43-year-old musician gushed over the 22-year-old and their friendship.

"There are times he comes in and there's only a finite number of studios in LA, because studios are kind of dwindling in terms of their need for most artists. So we, I mean, every time I see him, I just, it's just a gift when the universe pairs us up for a day," John told Andy Cohen on SiriusXM’s Andy Cohen Live.

"I just will do anything for that kid. I love him. He's, he's so pure. He's so pure," he continued. "He's an artist without the trauma. And most artists are born from some kind of catalytic thing that trauma is a part of. And I look at him, I'm like, you're me without getting shaken up like a soda can you know."

John even added that they text often and go to each other for advice. Shawn even convinced him to do something!

"We text a lot. He has such great tastes and opinions on things that it really is both of us looking up to each other. It's not this sort of, you know, Obi-Wan-Luke thing," he shared. "I mean, I'll send him stuff of mine and he'll give me really good perspective on it. I mean, I just talked to him about my album cover, you know? And I go, 'I don't know whether I should put myself on the album cover,' you know, like sometimes I don't want to put my picture on the album cover and he goes, 'the world wants a record with you on the album cover.' And I went 'you're right.' And he convinced me to put, the next record I do, I'm going to be on the album cover."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 7:05 AM

John Mayer sounds like a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 2:32 AM

Were they screwing? A friend of mine who interviewed John M told me, "Believe me, the only man he loves is himself," but I sometimes wonder.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 2:49 AM

Are JM and Andi Coen still besties?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Tuesday at 4:32 AM

[quote] “Believe me, the only man he loves is himself,"

He has admitted to being a chronic masturbator.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Tuesday at 4:34 AM

[quoted] Are JM and Andi Coen still besties?

It’s a one side-eyed relationship.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Tuesday at 4:34 AM

[quote] Are JM and Andi Coen still besties?

It’s a one side-eyed relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Tuesday at 4:35 AM

When did Sean Mendes get so fugly?

by Anonymousreply 7Last Tuesday at 6:42 AM

John is no longer cute. OUCH. wall hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 7:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!