Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texans Believe Snow is Fake and Sent By Bill Gates

Oh great, more REPUG conspiracy theories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 8:03 PM

Then they deserve what they get. I wish all these conspiracy idiots would freeze.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 11:31 PM

Social media and the internet have contributed to the death of intellectualism. Maybe 5 years ago, I read this article about the average IQ declining in recent decades, and one theory was that internet use would only help that along. Looks like it was a sound theory.

Honestly, people need to stop sharing this utter garbage, giving them clicks and money, to stop the spread of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 11:35 PM

WE NEED TO EXERCISE OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS AND SHOOT THE SNOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 11:38 PM

The internet used to be much better before 2010.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 11:40 PM

I seriously question how democracy can survive in a country with so many stupid voters.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 11:43 PM

Right now, Helen Keller is trending because they think she either didn't exist or was a fake.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 11:47 PM

R6, well, thatโ€™s a curious distraction given all the serious things going on today.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 11:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 11:51 PM

Stupidity never goes away... This shit happens when we stop teaching science in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 11:56 PM

As of right now I no longer give a shit about the residents of Texas. Please send another major blizzard their way.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2021 12:12 AM

Spare children, animals and any liberals, but otherwise, yes, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2021 12:18 AM

They are as dumb as a pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 12:19 AM

I remember back in the 1990s there was a right wing book called The Closing of the American Mind, basically arguing how intellectually bankrupt liberals were becoming.

If only he were alive to see what REAL anti-intellectualism looks like.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 12:28 AM

These articles? Are they just made up?

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 1:26 AM

Thoughts and prayers are never enough, only mass abortions and stetilization can save us!

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 3:11 AM

THIS IS A CONSPIRACY, YA HEAR THAT BARBARA JO? THEM THERE ILLUMINATI ARE GONNA GIT US!!!๐Ÿคก

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 3:15 AM

@r4, "The internet used to be much better before 2010. "

^^This^^ Back when computers took a little smarts to operate there was a somewhat higher intellectual level of discussions on the internet. I used to tell my friends that if computers are made too easy the internet would be flooded with people you really wouldn't want to talk with

I hate being right about this

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 3:24 AM

R17, yes. For a long while, logging onto the internet was considered something for nerds only. And then social media, smart-phones, and fast video streaming made it attractive to everyone, and then the internet became another version of the "general public."

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 3:41 AM

THe exact moment the Internet was invaded by morons was when AOL provided Internet access to people with Apples.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote]These articles? Are they just made up?

R14, pretty much. The authors of the Toofab article have just about the same amount of intelligence and integrity as the conspiracy TikTokers - their lede saying, "๐“๐ž๐ฑ๐š๐ง๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž...". Even assuming it was true that the TikTokers in question were actually ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘š Texas, they do not exist in anything like the numbers needed to be able to make that sort of generalization (giving rise to cruel statements like that of R10; the lede was intended to elicit precisely that kind of sentiment).

It's like claiming that 'Texans want to secede.' Maybe you can find a handful of Texans somewhere that read that online and have glommed onto it, but the place that's coming from is ๐‘…๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘Ž. And that's probably also the case with 'Bill Gates' fake snow.'

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 3:18 PM

Does anyone remember right-wing conspiracy theorists claiming that Obama manipulated the weather to cause Hurricane Sandy just before the election?

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 3:24 PM

Republicans all have schizophrenia now.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 3:26 PM

There used to be information gatekeepers. Now thanks to the interwebs, anyone can say whatever they want, whether or not its based in reality.

And apparently if its out there on the internet, it MUST be true!

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 3:45 PM

I mean it stands to reason, right?

He had to do something now that he managed to get microchips implanted into all those Covid vaccines ;)

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 3:46 PM

Apparently, subject-verb agreement is strictly a "lib-tard" phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2021 4:47 PM

Please. Let's just calm down and remember that there are some nice and enlightened people in Texas.

It's a big state.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote]Stupidity never goes away... This shit happens when we stop teaching science in elementary school.

True. These people are almost as ridiculous as the science deniers who believe transexuals are actually women.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2021 7:58 PM

LOL. I imagine some troll is trying to get a "pee the snow away to own the libs!" meme going.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 8:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!